OtakuBoards

Feeding, nappies... and PlayStation

Rachmaninoff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o H-he really [B]does[/B] look like he's 8! I didn't read the article (Rach's explanation was good enough.), so I assumed you guys were blowing his appearance out of proportion! But, GAWD! That picture looks like two siblings posed with their new baby cousin or something!

[FONT="Arial"]It's nothing new really, they're just having a field day with this in the media because the apparent father looks so young. I've read a few articles on this though and from the kids responses, it's quite clear they're ready for absoutely nothing. [/FONT]

I could've phrased this so as to dodge the censor--but somehow, it just didn't have the same ring. You guys know what I mean.

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]It's just the decay of our society. [Or theirs. Either or.][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Let's try to keep things in perspective. This is some seriously dumb ****, and dumb **** is eternal. People have done seriously dumb **** since the beginning of time or whatever. People will always do dumb ****. There is really no way to completely eradicate dumb **** from society--nor can I imagine that any society throughout history has succeeded in doing so.

Things like oppression, pillaging, genocide, civil war, mass starvation--those, I would suggest, are symptoms of societal decay.

But this? This is just an example of dumb ****. :whoops:

~Dagger~

[quote name='chibi-master]EEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o H-he really [B]does[/B'] look like he's 8! I didn't read the article (Rach's explanation was good enough.), so I assumed you guys were blowing his appearance out of proportion! But, GAWD! That picture looks like two siblings posed with their new baby cousin or something![/quote]Or siblings posing for a picture with the newest younger sib. =P But yeah, if the DNA tests come back indicating he really is the father... o_O

@Dagger: Nicely put. I'd say calling it dumb **** sums it up perfectly.

I was just reading about this, including this bit here: [URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1144244/Teenage-sister-boy-father-13-baby-age.html"][U]Teenage sister of boy who became a father at 13 had baby when she was the same age[/U][/URL] You'd think that the parents would have seen his older sister getting pregnant at such a young age, an indicator that they should be more alert when he got to the same age as well. The rest of it is pretty messed up so other than to find it sad, I'm done.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']... [URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1144244/Teenage-sister-boy-father-13-baby-age.html"][U]Teenage sister of boy who became a father at 13 had baby when she was the same age[/U][/URL] ...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]....................................

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Does their family, like, run a homebrew whorehouse?[/SIZE]

[quote name='2009DigitalBoy']I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm very surprised that this is considered surprising. A lot of very young, very pregnant girls go to my school, and when i lived inner-city in 9th grade half of my damn class was pregnant. It's pretty common these days... sadly.[/quote]It is pretty common as you say, young girls getting pregnant, but hearing about the father being that young isn't. At least not here. Usually they're a few years older, like the mother is. =P That and you know the only reason there is much of a fuss at all is because the kid looks like he's eight.

[quote name='2009DigitalBoy']I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm very surprised that this is considered surprising. A lot of very young, very pregnant girls go to my school, and when i lived inner-city in 9th grade half of my damn class was pregnant. It's pretty common these days... sadly.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]It does sound crazy for me. Okay so when I was in high school there was one girl who was pregnant during our senior year and my best friend's sister was also pregnant her senior year. But again this was senior year and no one was that young. Also I went to school in the suburbs and it wasn't that common. Here in my neighborhood and in other towns near where I live it's not that common. So that's why it's shocking to me.[/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]It's the same here ChibiHorsewoman. Teen pregnancies do happen a lot, but the majority of them are in the 15-19 age range. Instead of the 12-15 that those two seem to fall under. I wouldn't say it's surprising, but rather sad and I hope it doesn't indicate a shift in kids getting knocked up even younger. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']That's not entirely the reason. See, most boys irritate me to no end. Thus, I dislike them. A lot. I'm sure my opinion will change eventually, but for now, I DON'T LIKE THEM. And I wish people would get off my back about it.:animesigh[/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Sweeping generalizations are fun.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Purple"]I think someone that age is most certainly[I]not[/I] ready to be a parent. Their minds aren't mature enough yet(I should know, it's already hard babysitting kids.). :animestun I must admit I'm stunned (see smiley). He does really look like he's an 8 year old. What's even more surprising is that I'm surprised at the boy and not the girl It's usally someone older. It's scary because at my sister's school there are a lot of boys who talk about having the "you know what" and I almost had to beat one up because they said something about having "that" with my sister (too graphic?). [/COLOR]:animeangr

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Sweeping generalizations are fun.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Heh Chibi and I had "the Talk" last week where we decided that the new Sex ed curiculum in schools should be: Sex is painful childbirth is worse. For all those who don't believe me, ask someone else with the same experiance.[/color][/font][/size]

[QUOTE=Dagger]Let's try to keep things in perspective. This is some seriously dumb ****, and dumb **** is eternal. People have done seriously dumb **** since the beginning of time or whatever. People will always do dumb ****. There is really no way to completely eradicate dumb **** from society--nor can I imagine that any society throughout history has succeeded in doing so.

Things like oppression, pillaging, genocide, civil war, mass starvation--those, I would suggest, are symptoms of societal decay.

But this? This is just an example of dumb ****. :whoops:

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]If I have nothing else to say about this thread, let it be known that I want to hug [COLOR=DarkRed]Dagger[/COLOR] until she can't breathe now that I've read that post.[/FONT]

• 2 months later...
[size=1]I'd rather bring the thread back than create a new one...

THE KID ISN'T THE FATHER!

[url]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2435283.ece[/url]

Apparently the girl seduced the real father when he was drunk. Also, the girl's mother claimed her daughter was a virgin before she met Alfie.

Any comments folks?[/size]

Why am I not surprised? That's just sad really. She was sleeping around with different boys and desperately lying to save face. And now, it has backfired on her in a major way. I feel even more sorry for the baby really, what a thing to learn about your parents and extended family when you finally grow up. Ugh.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Another look at our boy Alfie leads me to believe he's probably not fertile. Then again, the real father is pretty damn young-looking himself.

On that note, holy hell. How many guys has this fifteen year old girl danced with? And why are they all her age? I thought these stories tended to have at least one actual adult to pin all the blame on. Not counting parents, of course.

Actually, on that note:

[quote name='Article']He claimed he had regularly stayed at her home, sleeping in her bedroom with the knowledge of Chantelle’s mum.[/quote]

I need to punch someone/thing.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

On that note, holy hell. How many guys has this fifteen year old girl danced with? And why are they all her age? I thought these stories tended to have at least one actual adult to pin all the blame on. Not counting parents, of course.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I read in the paper it was somewhere around 17, but I'm not sure. I don't know the number so I'm just lashing out in the dark here. But it was a lot.

I don't blame the Alfie kid. He shouldn't be having sex anyway at that age but I don't think parents are to blame anyway.

To be fair I grew up in an area similar; a lot of my school friends... or enemies rather... are now pregnant, and a few were even pregnant in school. My family never spoke to me about sex... ever. So I was in a similar situation but I know right from wrong. I don't sleep around a lot but I know my morals.

So I'm not sure what's gone on here. Maybe I'm immune to British society. A lot of it rubbed off on me, that being I'm quite inclined to cause a bit of chaos, a bit of illegal jargon here and there like you do and that's just the way I grew up.

But I'd never have sex when I was that young. Why? Respect for myself (shock horror!) and others too, especially respect for life. I don't know where these kids go wrong. I'm the same as them, my family can even be as bad as them, but I don't go around beating people up nor getting people pregnant at that age.

I'm a bit lost haha.

Anyway, after that rant, I'd still call the girl the cause.[/size]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'd agree for the most part, though further study on her mom leads me to believe that Darwin's been slacking off for a couple of generations.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Alas, I am a Republican and can not support retroactive abortions. But people like this make me consider it on a slightly more serious level.

I'm surprised though that they even bothered finding the 'real' father. It's not like he'll ever pay child support. Odds are they'll drop the baby on the head and nobody will notice. Ala Britney Spears. "I had no idea why it was sleeping so much."[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]=_= That is pretty sad actually. They would have been better off just admitting up front that she had been sleeping around. Like Sir Darren said, that's going to be terrible for the girl to learn about when she grows up.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]You know as cynical as it sounds, I'll bet young Patten is off somewhere profusely thanking whatever deity he believes in that he wasn't the father in the end. While I wouldn't go so far as to say I've lost some of my faith in humanity, I'm certainly hoping in the future hunting licences will be issued to cull morons like this before they breed to out of control levels. Idiocracy cannot be allowed become a reality.[/SIZE]