OtakuBoards

they are just ranks...............

Frankie

newbie,junior member, member, otaku,extream otaku, mod
god,goddes,addmin(sp)...

in my opinion its just a bunch of words over your avatar
just a rank...no one should fell leaft out becaust they are not as high as the rest..or been here longer and angry because newer ppl are mods already..its just a rank ok ok so one has a more power then the other but i hate ppl criticizing others about being new or lower then them..

i am not saying who or where ..it may be here it may be somewhere else but i hate it when the few ppl say"newbies should die" we all were newbies once

take me for exampl...i just becamea junior member i am the same as i was before i have not changed

i am just saying that its stupid to feel that you are higher then others because of your rank

some may have more power but we are all human here we did not just get a new super power for getting to 500 posts even thought i would love to get a different avatar...but that not the point

i would like to see................................................................

never mind i will probably get banned for this *sigh*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Blanko_el-miez [/i]
[B]newbie,junior member, member, otaku,extream otaku, mod
god,goddes,addmin(sp)...

in my opinion its just a bunch of words over your avatar
just a rank...no one should fell leaft out becaust they are not as high as the rest..or been here longer and angry because newer ppl are mods already..its just a rank ok ok so one has a more power then the other but i hate ppl criticizing others about being new or lower then them..

i am not saying who or where ..it may be here it may be somewhere else but i hate it when the few ppl say"newbies should die" we all were newbies once

take me for exampl...i just becamea junior member i am the same as i was before i have not changed

i am just saying that its stupid to feel that you are higher then others because of your rank

some may have more power but we are all human here we did not just get a new super power for getting to 500 posts even thought i would love to get a different avatar...but that not the point

i would like to see................................................................

never mind i will probably get banned for this *sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

dude what the hell are you talking about? no ones saying newbies suck or otaku is better than junior....i dont know whutchu u be talkn bout!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Blanko_el-miez [/i]
[B]

never mind i will probably get banned for this *sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Why would you get banned for this? Man, some people are so cynical that you could cut it with a knife. lol

You're not making a lot of sense though. I don't think anyone here uses their rank to lord it over others...as you said, it's just post count.[/size]

[color=indigo] What do you mean its only a rank, you mean I didn't have I didn't have to be a slave fpr an Otaku while I was a Newbie, all that yard work was for nothing...drat. I honestly don't understand what you are talking about Blanko, people don't pay attention to what your rank is they just pay attention to what you have to say...the only reason I have respect for people with high post counts is because they have been dedicated to posting coherently and consistently for quite some time. I think that is why the staff gives them ranks, just to show that they appreciate their dedication...[/color]

WELL some one i know (no names)

feels real bad because they have been here so long and yet newbies have became mods he hates the fact that newer ppl are higher then just becaus of some stupid reason

and in other boards other ppl group up to gether to diss on all newbies saying they must die and they should not be allowed in their boards...because they dont know what cirtin things mean or stand for

i was not saying it all was happining here just around not like here its more in other places but i still have a strong opinion about that kind of stuff and gang dissing (groups dissing on others)

its just my opinion

and LM its happinging right now in other boards i go to

*but i live at these boards so dont get tearry eyes that i go to others*

Well ya I can see what you are saying, BUT I think they are a good idea. I mean considering MOST members on OtakuBoards are mature enough and we don't discriminate against a newbie. And the ranks keep people posting (besides quality threads) its something to get to...a goal....If you reach say Otaku or EXTREME OTAKU...by being a non-spamming good member it means alot...I mean I just made it....Yeah I am happy I don't feel like I have power over the junior members or members. Its a goal I have always had..and I reached it...now I wanna hit Extreme Otaku. There is really nothing bad with ranks. Its just the members, yes some places the members are bad enough that the ranks are a horrible idea, but here at otaku boards we actually have mature people that do not discriminate on such a petty thing.

*sigh* hasn't this been done before? any how,being a newbie doesn't matter, its the person behind the status that counts, rank doesn't matter really, only if you want a custom avatar, but like i said, its the person behind the ranks that counts. .

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]*sigh* hasn't this been done before? any how,being a newbie doesn't matter, its the person behind the status that counts, rank doesn't matter really, only if you want a custom avatar, but like i said, its the person behind the ranks that counts. . [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Whoa...you...are using those Gameboys that I made for AGB ages ago...

:worried: :bawl: :drunk: :nervous: I can't believe someone saved them! I haven't seen them in a whole year.

Wow. :D [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]Why would you get banned for this? Man, some people are so cynical that you could cut it with a knife. lol

You're not making a lot of sense though. I don't think anyone here uses their rank to lord it over others...as you said, it's just post count.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i wont be able to agree with you there... i shove ginny's goddess status in my face so there. Now if that is wrong sue me ;)
cause i wanna worship her all night long :)

anyway i know what she is saying... a lot of newbies do spam and we as mods do threaten them to stop or be banned i am guilty of some of this. but that is my understanding of my job... i went to another boards... and had a little fun... they all told me not to spam which was funny to me... but i mean it was there job to do it... and well i can see as to how someone could take offense of it[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i wont be able to agree with you there... i shove ginny's goddess status in my face so there. Now if that is wrong sue me ;)
cause i wanna worship her all night long :)

anyway i know what she is saying... a lot of newbies do spam and we as mods do threaten them to stop or be banned i am guilty of some of this. but that is my understanding of my job... i went to another boards... and had a little fun... they all told me not to spam which was funny to me... but i mean it was there job to do it... and well i can see as to how someone could take offense of it[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Yeah but it's not like we just arbitrarily pick on newbies. That's not the case at all.

Newbies are important -- they bring some much-needed freshness to the discussions here.

Of course, [b]some[/b] newbies are idiots -- they come here just to spam the place up.

But it's not like we unfairly pick on newbies.[/size]

[color=deeppink]Actually, what she is saying about older members who do not have a staffing position is accurate, and it's unfair of us to disregard that.

I met (and frequently talked to) someone on v2 who was quite well known and had been around for a while. When we made the switch from v2 to v3, he didn't come around as much. When he did, and found that I had become a moderator...he decided to leave because I became a mod over him :(.

Now, I felt really bad, even though I'm sure that wasn't the ONLY reason he left, but this was a well known, well [i]liked[/i] member...and I sorta felt responsible...even though it wasn't my fault.

My point being, there ARE older members who feel that way. Most of them just aren't willing to voice their opinion, for fear of sounding whiney or such.

I think Blanko had a good point and I don't see why you are all saying that her post is irrelevant. She is only stating that people who celebrate their post count or spam to obtain a certain title are, well...stupid.

Staff, I [i]know[/i] you agree with that. No reason to cut her down for voicing that publically.[/color]

I don't know why people agonize over ranks so much that they'd leave. I myself have been here quite a while and I'll never agonize over becoming a moderator. The way I feel is that the little word above a name means nothing. A newbie can come here and moderate messages. All they have to do is use the "Report this post to a moderator" option and they'll be doing their part in keeping the boards clean. Usually people that obsessed with it want the status for other reasons, or for ego factors.......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]Whoa...you...are using those Gameboys that I made for AGB ages ago...

:worried: :bawl: :drunk: :nervous: I can't believe someone saved them! I haven't seen them in a whole year.

Wow. :D [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

a bit of spam, there, eh james? LOL, just kidding, i know it was a mistake, but i couldn't resist. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Actually, what she is saying about older members who do not have a staffing position is accurate, and it's unfair of us to disregard that.

I met (and frequently talked to) someone on v2 who was quite well known and had been around for a while. When we made the switch from v2 to v3, he didn't come around as much. When he did, and found that I had become a moderator...he decided to leave because I became a mod over him :(.

Now, I felt really bad, even though I'm sure that wasn't the ONLY reason he left, but this was a well known, well [i]liked[/i] member...and I sorta felt responsible...even though it wasn't my fault.

My point being, there ARE older members who feel that way. Most of them just aren't willing to voice their opinion, for fear of sounding whiney or such.

I think Blanko had a good point and I don't see why you are all saying that her post is irrelevant. She is only stating that people who celebrate their post count or spam to obtain a certain title are, well...stupid.

Staff, I [i]know[/i] you agree with that. No reason to cut her down for voicing that publically.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]If she'd worded her post better, we may have found that out a little more easily.

In any case, I do think it's very whiney of older members who are annoyed at "younger" members getting moderator positions ahead of them.

It is a constant source of annoyance for me. These people may have been around longer, but do they deserve more than a newbie on that fact alone? No, of course not.

We don't owe people a living just because they've been around for longer than some newbies. Sometimes, newbies have far higher quality posts than "oldies".

It's like when we had the awards and Nerdsey was talking about how he used to win awards and such...now I know he probably wasn't, but it felt like he was saying "I've been around for ages...I deserve SOMETHING.". That's just the impression which comes across.

And that attitude annoys me because it's like a superiority complex: "I'm better than you and I deserve more than you because I've been around longer".

I really hope that this kind of attitude with some members stops.(not necessarily Nerdsey, I just pointed him out because I remembered that post) .[/size]