OtakuBoards

How do you celebrate Easter?

xxxscenekidxxx

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm pretty much with Nerdsy on this one. It's just another day. Not everyone is Christian, and the fact that 3/4 of the businesses in the country just shut down for it is pretty freakin' aggravating.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Thank Jesus for his sacrifice. ;)

I go to church, like usual. And usually have dinner with family, plus a lot of candy.

This year after church I went with my dad and brother to someone's house for dinner, then later that evening I saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D, which was awesome by the way.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Like many others here, I don't. It's just another Sunday. About the only difference is I'll spend time with my family since they do like to celebrate it. Though usually my involvement is merely going over for dinner and to catch up on how everyone is doing.[/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Same. Coming from a Greek Orthodox/Southern Baptist household, Easter is a big deal with my family, and I'm happy to participate in a family dinner or help them hide Easter eggs or something. Easter and Christmas are more like family/cultural holidays for me, since my family celebrates it, and I'm not Christian, I just take part in the non-religious aspects of it, like the candy and gift-giving.

And to be honest, I wouldn't want my kids to go without those kind of things either.[/color][/size]

I celebrate it like a good Christian should: Go to church. XP
Really, this year's Easter was a tad boring. I'm no longer a kid (says who?), so I can't do the Easter egg hunts or nothin' no more.

Oh, but we had ham. And strawberry shortcake. Mmm, cake.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Uh... I don't? Seriously, I haven't celebrated Easter since I was a kid. Now all I do is perhaps get together with my family to see what's up. Sometimes I'll get Easter candy to munch on though. Peanut butter chocolate eggs are yummy. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

I glue two sticks together and nail a bearded dude to it.

Oh ho, only joking. Why would I, a human being, a creature of right and reason ever do such a thing. Oh ho. Ho.

Ho.

Seriously though I buy chocolate in the shape of bird eggs and write obscene messages on them.

Easter for me consists of lots of celebration, vegetables, flowers, eggs and a traditional beef dinner.

It may not be traditional for you guys, but on the 10th is the feast of Osiris which is celebrated as part of Easter for me. It consists of much veggie eating and veg and flower offerings to Osiris.

I don't follow any of the Christian stuff, so Jesus never comes into the equation.

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Seriously, I haven't celebrated Easter since I was a kid. Now all I do is perhaps get together with my family to see what's up. Sometimes I'll get Easter candy to munch on though. Peanut butter chocolate eggs are yummy. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Very srs business, SunfallE.

Actually, we pretty much do the same thing since I turned 19 and my sister turned 16. We have to buy our own Easter candy since we both have jobs and we're too old to be made Easter baskets anymore, lol.

But damn, do I miss those Peeps. Seriously, I love those.

We celebrate it by getting together with friends and/or my mom cooking Easter dinner and whatnot. And also we celebrate Jesus' revival and all that jazz, so it's not too much but a little of a religious experience.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Kenso'][COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm pretty much with Nerdsy on this one. It's just another day. Not everyone is Christian, and the fact that 3/4 of the businesses in the country just shut down for it is pretty freakin' aggravating.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

lol i use to get mad when i was little and i got money in my easter eggs but when i went to the conenient store down the road it would be closed :animesigh