xxxscenekidxxx Posted April 13, 2009 Posted April 13, 2009 i was just wondering becouse i heard that some people dont hide eggs and hunt for them...
Nerdsy Posted April 13, 2009 Posted April 13, 2009 [color=deeppink]I celebrate it by forgetting that it exists and becoming irritable when all the stores are closed.[/color]
Botar Posted April 13, 2009 Posted April 13, 2009 1. Eat ham. 2. Eat candy. 3. Find eggs with candy in them. 4. Eat more candy. 5. Slip into candy induced coma.
xxxscenekidxxx Posted April 14, 2009 Author Posted April 14, 2009 [quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]I celebrate it by forgetting that it exists and becoming irritable when all the stores are closed.[/color][/QUOTE] you dont like easter at all? why not?
luluseason Posted April 14, 2009 Posted April 14, 2009 :D just recieve chocolate and end up sharing them with friends since.. you get a lot T_T
Kenso Posted April 14, 2009 Posted April 14, 2009 [COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm pretty much with Nerdsy on this one. It's just another day. Not everyone is Christian, and the fact that 3/4 of the businesses in the country just shut down for it is pretty freakin' aggravating.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
SaiyanPrincessX Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 [SIZE="1"]Thank Jesus for his sacrifice. ;) I go to church, like usual. And usually have dinner with family, plus a lot of candy. This year after church I went with my dad and brother to someone's house for dinner, then later that evening I saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D, which was awesome by the way.[/SIZE]
Zen Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 [color=royalblue][size=1] I don't. (Dude, you're use user name is the scene-ist scene kid screen name in all of scene kid screen names... wow. Lemme guess. BMTH?)[/color][/size]
Nathan Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 [FONT="Arial"]I don't do anything different for the day. No church, no candy, just what I normally do on a Sunday. [/FONT]
Rachmaninoff Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 Like many others here, I don't. It's just another Sunday. About the only difference is I'll spend time with my family since they do like to celebrate it. Though usually my involvement is merely going over for dinner and to catch up on how everyone is doing.
Shinmaru Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 I celebrated with poker and [b]Iron Man[/b]. Now [i]that[/i] is an Easter Sunday.
Zen Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 [quote name='Rachmaninoff']Like many others here, I don't. It's just another Sunday. About the only difference is I'll spend time with my family since they do like to celebrate it. Though usually my involvement is merely going over for dinner and to catch up on how everyone is doing.[/QUOTE] [color=royalblue][size=1] Same. Coming from a Greek Orthodox/Southern Baptist household, Easter is a big deal with my family, and I'm happy to participate in a family dinner or help them hide Easter eggs or something. Easter and Christmas are more like family/cultural holidays for me, since my family celebrates it, and I'm not Christian, I just take part in the non-religious aspects of it, like the candy and gift-giving. And to be honest, I wouldn't want my kids to go without those kind of things either.[/color][/size]
Nony Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 I celebrate it like a good Christian should: Go to church. XP Really, this year's Easter was a tad boring. I'm no longer a kid (says who?), so I can't do the Easter egg hunts or nothin' no more. Oh, but we had ham. And strawberry shortcake. Mmm, cake.
SunfallE Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Uh... I don't? Seriously, I haven't celebrated Easter since I was a kid. Now all I do is perhaps get together with my family to see what's up. Sometimes I'll get Easter candy to munch on though. Peanut butter chocolate eggs are yummy. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]
Rosencavalier Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 I glue two sticks together and nail a bearded dude to it. Oh ho, only joking. Why would I, a human being, a creature of right and reason ever do such a thing. Oh ho. Ho. Ho. Seriously though I buy chocolate in the shape of bird eggs and write obscene messages on them.
Axel Posted April 17, 2009 Posted April 17, 2009 Easter for me consists of lots of celebration, vegetables, flowers, eggs and a traditional beef dinner. It may not be traditional for you guys, but on the 10th is the feast of Osiris which is celebrated as part of Easter for me. It consists of much veggie eating and veg and flower offerings to Osiris. I don't follow any of the Christian stuff, so Jesus never comes into the equation.
Riku Posted April 17, 2009 Posted April 17, 2009 [quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Seriously, I haven't celebrated Easter since I was a kid. Now all I do is perhaps get together with my family to see what's up. Sometimes I'll get Easter candy to munch on though. Peanut butter chocolate eggs are yummy. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE] [FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Very srs business, SunfallE. Actually, we pretty much do the same thing since I turned 19 and my sister turned 16. We have to buy our own Easter candy since we both have jobs and we're too old to be made Easter baskets anymore, lol. But damn, do I miss those Peeps. Seriously, I love those. We celebrate it by getting together with friends and/or my mom cooking Easter dinner and whatnot. And also we celebrate Jesus' revival and all that jazz, so it's not too much but a little of a religious experience.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
xxxscenekidxxx Posted April 17, 2009 Author Posted April 17, 2009 [quote name='Kenso'][COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm pretty much with Nerdsy on this one. It's just another day. Not everyone is Christian, and the fact that 3/4 of the businesses in the country just shut down for it is pretty freakin' aggravating.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE] lol i use to get mad when i was little and i got money in my easter eggs but when i went to the conenient store down the road it would be closed :animesigh
Rachmaninoff Posted April 17, 2009 Posted April 17, 2009 And here I like that places are closed. I get Sunday's off anyway, but it just makes it easier to get together with my friends who don't normally get the day off.
Aaryanna Posted April 19, 2009 Posted April 19, 2009 [COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]My mom goes to church and I stay home. We did have nice yummy food and I got some Easter candy. That was about all we did. We never do much for the holiday.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now