OtakuBoards

The Posthuman Effect: Backstage

Vicky

[center][img]http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/8954/posthumaneffect.png[/img][/center]

[size=1]Welcome one and all to the beginning of a new end. We're going to take a journey through insanity and the wrecked, brutal world of creatures so [i]far[/i] beyond human that they could barely be [i]called[/i] human.

Also, any questions go here.

And a note: The Baal clan is open to all animal powers but I'd like to keep it limited to mammals. No birds at all, since wings would kinda make the Chronus players a little... obsolete.[/size]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Let me know if my character is too similar to yours, Vicky. I had started writing a profile for a troubled rock star character before yours went up, and I like my character so I didn't want to change it. Hope the sign-up style is alright, too.

This looks like it should be fun!
[/FONT]

[size=1]Naw, I think that'll be cool. It sort of works like clan polar opposites: the Sin and Chronus are like the North and South, Baal and Reshef are like the East and West. If you get me. Because our characters are from different clans it's perfectly fine and we'll have completely different personalities.

*Is also considering changing her character's power in case no one in this RPG can be arsed sleeping haha*[/size]

I wanted to ask tha same question as Afro, I was thinking that I would allow him to maintain a more human look. Thinking along the lines of Sabre Tooth from the X-men cartoon, animalistic but with the right clothes could pass as human.

You said keep the powers limited to mammals, so is my "tree sap" type blood going to fly? If not let me know so I can adjust whatever need be.

By and by I do really like this idea Vicky, there's something about a group of ditestfull beings running rampat and growing steadily more and more disgustingly terrifying that just makes me shiver.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Alright, sign up is finally done. I hope it's to your liking-- I hope the man in the mountains bit wasn't too stupid.

I had a couple of concerns myself; my first concern being the same one expressed by Afro and Drizzt Do'Urden. My second concern was with my ability, however. I wanted to play on the close connection of the Baal clan to animals and nature, so I thought super empathy would be appropriate (considering my original ability of sonic force was stolen by DeLarge :] ). I hope that's not too game-breaking.[/FONT]

[size=1]No, you characters don't have to turn into the full alien creatures if you don't want them to. Also as for your character Drizzt it's fine except you may want to leave the flying out of it (originally that was going to be the [i]only[/i] power the Chronus had, see).

I think most powers aren't too game breaking as long as there's quite some difference between each clan. All our powers won't have been present in the original alien survivors so they've been developed due to evolution and mixed human DNA. Basically, you can really go wild in the little creative parameter your clan has been given.[/size]

[quote name='Mykul']I have but one question:

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="System"]WHEN DO WE START?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[size=1]WE DON'T! I'M TOTALLY MESSING WITH YOU GUYS HERE! GETTING ALL YOUR HOPES UP AND CRAP!

[spoiler]Next week sometime sound good?[/spoiler][/size]

[size=1]We'll probably start tomorrow. Everyone is accepted so far, I just need to sort a few things out.

For the location I'm going to use the cop-out I always use. We never mention the city or country where we are, but somehow, we're all in the same city (or country will do). I'm not in the mood for a massive coordinated international RPG this time, and it's more fun this way.

Baal is the only clan with three members, so everyone else is outnumbered. I'll leave sign-ups open but those sign-ups are subject to rejection; you have to be good enough to be able to skip right in subtly to the game and still make your writing abilities known. Anyone wishing to join in the week or so period the sign-ups are open during the RPG cannot join the Baal clan and, if one of the other clans has been picked, cannot join that.

If you get me?

That would even things out though I'm not entirely bothered about being outnumbered by one silly Baal. SIN ALL THE WAY! =p[/size]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor, misguided Sins. However there is nothing to worry about, when the Reshef win out in the end we will still show mercy and keep you alive. :devil: Test subjects will always be needed, after all.

Heh heh, nothing like a pre-fight warm-up by running one's mouth, eh? Looking forward to when this one starts. I already have a few ideas that I can't wait to try out.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Zephyr'][COLOR=darkred]we will still show mercy and keep you alive. :devil: Test subjects will always be needed, after all.[/COLOR]
[/quote]

I'm afraid that will turn to be your downfall my mechanically minded friend. When it all comes down to it, we're all animalistic at heart. Therefore it is inevitable for all to fall to Baal.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]What is this rubbish about "silly Baals" and "test subjects"? The Baal are not to be taken lightly. No nightmares, constructs or angels could hope to oppose us. To mirror Drizzt Do'urden's sentiments, no one can stand against the might of the Baal.

We will knock you down.

Unfortunately I doubt that's how it will play out, haha. Us Baal are too competitive and hotheaded. Yah sure we'll beat you guys, but we'll also be beating the snot out of each other.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]You Baal clan members have no subtlety - it's all animalistic aggression with you people. The Chronus have the power of sound [I]and [/I]light going for us, so suck on it. Blindfolded angel beats mouldy-skinned cyborg, alien wolfman and crazy-ass demon any day of the week.[/SIZE]

[size=1]This is great XD

I think everyone who's getting relatively passionate about their clan should put it in their sig, and we can have tiny little jabs at each other in threads, just to rile things up (and make everyone jealous of the game).

I know I am!

And for all you other little clan members, which alien was the Commodore? Was it Sin? Was. It. [i]Sin[/i]? Oh hell yeah foo'![/size]

[quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]The Chronus have the power of sound [I]and [/I]light going for us, so suck on it.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Whoop-dee-do. That makes you useful when? Oh right, at a disco or a rave. Those of us with real skills can actually contribute to most battles. We Baal will laugh heartily when you attempt to defeat your opponents by shouting obscenities at them... and fail. :D[/FONT]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Oh hell yeah foo'![/size][/quote]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Need I say more as to why Baal are better? X]

Man am I loving this. Now I can fill up on my daily desire to trash talk. Woohoo![/FONT]

[quote name='The 10th][FONT=Book Antiqua']Whoop-dee-do. That makes you useful when? Oh right, at a disco or a rave. Those of us with real skills can actually contribute to most battles. We Baal will laugh heartily when you attempt to defeat your opponents by shouting obscenities at them... and fail. :D[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Oh yeah, 'cause I forgot that you like being a blind, deaf, part-animal dribbling monster. Power over light and sound means the ability to take them away, too, genius. We'll see who has "real skills" when you're thrashing around punching walls in impotent fury.

Touch me and see how confident I am, "intense empathy" boy :blowup:

[/SIZE][quote name='Vicky][SIZE=1]And for all you other little clan members, which alien was the Commodore? Was it Sin? Was. It. [I]Sin[/I']? Oh hell yeah foo'![/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, that went well. Not counting when the ship crashed, or when the whole truce broke down because Sin was too much of a baby to get along with the other kids, or when the four survivors had to go hide in caves. Great job, Horns.[/SIZE]

The fact that the Baal clan claims superior numbers is a trivium; nothing more than a joke. Their feral and aggressive nature will have them tearing at one another's throats.

And the Sin clan? Sin blood carries with it no sense of loyalty. Those united by the blood of Sin will be torn apart by their thirst to singularly dominate all life.

Only the peacekeepers are wise enough to unite into one, immense power.

[quote name='Mykul']

And the Sin clan? Sin blood carries with it no sense of loyalty. Those united by the blood of Sin will be torn apart by their thirst to singularly dominate all life.

[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Oh you'll have a surprise there ;)

(Okay, it's not that important, ha, but all these aliens are based off the old Althilmirian species I made when I was a kiddie, and there were originally nine species. The races were called on their distance from the sun - the Sin clan was the '1st race', the Baal the '2nd', Reshef were the '5th' and the Chronus clan was the '9th'. But in that little story the 1st race had managed to overpower and keep the other species under control because of their... wait for it... [i]unity[/i]. They were the least developed and, compared to the other species, nothing special. But it was their organisation, their arrogance and the hierarchy to their King and Prince and the fear that managed to make them brainwash the other species in their system into thinking [i]they[/i] were the strongest because they were closest to the sun.

So they like, got everyone into this army and worked under a law called 'the Althilmiri System'. But they hated the 9th race - the Chronus - and pretty much bullied them. Turns out the 9th were [i]actually[/i] far more powerful because they couldn't die and they were, in fact, the reason the Universe could implode then expand like a big bang big crunch theory - they kept the timeline in shape, to make sure everything was [i]just[/i] right for the next big bang. Keep things the same.

And like one day this ginger kid comes along and bitch slaps the 1st race into place and several individuals from different species are like 'wtf this is total shit man let's beat these cherry-headed goats into a blackhole' and the RESISTANCE starts, dum dum dum. Individuals from each species manage to make their own alliance and take thousands upon thousands of years of inbred 1st race loyalty and turn it on them.

Then everyone dies 'cause the ginger kid really don't like Althilmirians.

The end).

There was, in fact, a point in there, ha.

But don't worry about that story. There's just where the idea of the four aliens came from and I don't think I'd be including that in this story. I just thought it would be interesting to tell that =). It's a bit more detailed, obviously, I mean the Althilmirian story stretches over [i]a lot[/i] of books.

SO THE SIN ARE LOYAL! DAMNIT!

Also, the RPG may be up tomorrow. I've done all the graphics and just need the writing.

(Also if it helps to make sure you all know this isn't based off the original story, in the original, Sin was not a pure breed. In the original, four survived the crash: Marduk, a 1st race, Chike again a 1st, Baltheroth a 4th [in the original Chronus don't have wings, the 4th do] and Chronus the 9th. When Marduk gets totally battered by creatures, some pre-human animals touch his blood. This makes the rise of Homosapiens and, in those that tasted his blood, the rise of nine children, Sin being one of them, as well as Reshef and Baal. They were all 1st race descendants in that story though, and Reshef was mute.)

I just can't stop myself telling that story, it gets me so excited, it's one of the most detailed Universes I ever wrote ^_^. I'm done now.[/size]

You silly creatures with your "machines" and your trickery. You don't realize that Wolf-packs are among the strongest societies in the world. All your cunning and technology only breeds more conflict.

It is truley the animalistic nature in all of us that holds us together, the "pride" of the pack. I do say that when this is over you will see myself and my fellow Baal descendents standing together dripping the blood of you pitiful creatures...its sad really.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]So the Sin are unified-- big whoop. I'm not too concerned. You guys are barely a threat anywho. Should I have a nightmare next time I take a nap, I'll know who to attest it to. (By the by, this original universe of yours sounds pretty interesting, Vicky. You should PM me a more thorough overview of it. :] )[/FONT]

[Quote=DeLarge; 838677][SIZE="1"]Oh yeah, 'cause I forgot that you like being a blind, deaf, part-animal dribbling monster. Power over light and sound means the ability to take them away, too, genius. We'll see who has "real skills" when you're thrashing around punching walls in impotent fury.

Touch me and see how confident I am, "intense empathy" boy[/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]You make a valid point indeed-- you could plunge me into a world of darkness, one where I couldn't use my refined eyes or ears to find you. But guess what I [I]can[/I] use, friend.

My [B]nose[/B].

Just how powerful is the smell of a Baal, you ask? Come and find out Mr. Overconfidence. Sure it'll be less accurate than using my other senses, but you Chronus probably reek of feathers and such. And don't worry, I won't need my "intense empathy" to feel your arrogance fade into fear. :animesmil

I must say, however, I am jealous of the Chronus catch phrase. It's pretty nifty.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Drizzt Do'Urden]You silly creatures with your "machines" and your trickery. You don't realize that Wolf-packs are among the strongest societies in the world. All your cunning and technology only breeds more conflict.

It is truley the animalistic nature in all of us that holds us together, the "pride" of the pack. I do say that when this is over you will see myself and my fellow Baal descendents standing together dripping the blood of you pitiful creatures...its sad really.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, we'll see how your "pack mentality" holds out when you enter a berserk rage. If you can't control yourself, will you be able to tell the difference between "friend" and foe? I'll be scared when you have a better weapon than your fingernails. Terrifying.

[/SIZE][QUOTE=The 10th][FONT=Book Antiqua]You make a valid point indeed-- you could plunge me into a world of darkness, one where I couldn't use my refined eyes or ears to find you. But guess what I [I]can[/I] use, friend.

My [B]nose[/B].

Just how powerful is the smell of a Baal, you ask? Come and find out Mr. Overconfidence. Sure it'll be less accurate than using my other senses, but you Chronus probably reek of feathers and such. And don't worry, I won't need my "intense empathy" to feel your arrogance fade into fear. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Right, I'll be sure not to, say, cut a fart or eat an onion when you guys are around. While you're titting around sniffing I might, I dunno, hit you with a chair.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]*sniff sniff*
*wallop*
*Baal clan cries*
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']You silly creatures with your "machines" and your trickery. You don't realize that Wolf-packs are among the strongest societies in the world. All your cunning and technology only breeds more conflict.[/quote]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]Aren't wolf packs always in conflict over who is alpha? Doesn't sounds like a strong society (if you can call it that) to me.

Intelligence has been considered the best weapon for centuries.[/COLOR][/FONT]