OtakuBoards

The Posthuman Effect: Backstage

Vicky

[quote name='The 10th'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]You make a valid point indeed-- you could plunge me into a world of darkness, one where I couldn't use my refined eyes or ears to find you. But guess what I [I]can[/I] use, friend.

My [B]nose[/B].

Just how powerful is the smell of a Baal, you ask? Come and find out Mr. Overconfidence. Sure it'll be less accurate than using my other senses, but you Chronus probably reek of feathers and such. And don't worry, I won't need my "intense empathy" to feel your arrogance fade into fear. :animesmil[/FONT]

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

You seem to be getting ahead of yourself. We Chronus are not clumsy, lumbering animals that you can track easily. We are not your wounded prey. We do not thrash about the forest, leaving a trail of blood and broken branches.

We are the lords of speed, kings of velocity, and [I]masters of the sky.[/I] I wonder- when I am circling thousands of feet above you, when I strike from the air faster than lightning, faster than anything you can imagine- how helpful your nose will be.

And yes, Phill wins the catch-phrase game.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Let us hope that lovely Baal sense of smell stays strong. I want the last thing they all smell to be scent of grease and exhaust fumes as one of my "toys" decides to hello. Maybe I'll install a grill on it, and see if clan Baal really does taste like chicken.

As for you, oh mighty masters of the sky, clan Chronos. Keep your lofty perch while you can. Who needs wings to pluck you from it anyway? They say "The sky's the limit." Too bad for you that limit is still too close. Bang![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]All of you pale in comparison of us Baal, yes it is true that wolves fight over alpha's but once that link is established we will be loyal to that alpha to a fault. Our strength and superb senses will be your downfall. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]All of you pale in comparison of us Baal, yes it is true that wolves fight over alpha's but once that link is established we will be loyal to that alpha to a fault. Our strength and superb senses will be your downfall. [/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]Good luck with deciding which of you is the best, and then kneeling at said persons feet. :)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]In all technicalities Dritz and I would be the alphas of our pack being the oldest so that's established since we're the older of us three. No fighting, just looking up simple facts. And no there will be no bowing at our feet, if we are going off a wolf pack we are social and will work together more than we fight. I hate to see what happens when conflict springs up within the Sin clan, full of pride and superiority. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy]In all technicalities Dritz and I would be the alphas of our pack being the oldest so that's established since we're the older of us three. No fighting, just looking up simple facts. And no there will be no bowing at our feet, if we are going off a wolf pack we are social and will work together more than we fight. I hate to see what happens when conflict springs up within the Sin clan, full of pride and superiority.[/COLOR] [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I'd hate to see what the other Baals think of this. Much growling and clawing is soon to follow, I feel.[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeLarge'][SIZE=1]I'd hate to see what the other Baals think of this. Much growling and clawing is soon to follow, I feel.[/SIZE][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]I am going to have to agree with my winged rival here, that is very presumptuous of you to start naming people alpha. Last time I check the young can have a bit of fight in them.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]What on Earth has I started... =p

Where's my other Sin to back me up =(.

(Still working on the first post. My idea is to have, per chapter, a short three or so page on an event for each clan alien. The first was Sin 'cause I'm biased and because I had a good idea. This means as we go along, we'll learn more about our ancestors. Perhaps things to strengthen our bonds, or perhaps things to shatter the foundations).[/size]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh I'm not saying this is how it will be stupid flying moron, I'm saying if we are basing our behavior off of wolf packs simple facts state that this is how it will be, the eldest are the wiser and more experienced of the pack and therefore the leaders. I'm stating facts not making statements. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"] I'm stating facts not making statements. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Wh-what...?

Moving past that.

I think the point is that the Baal clan is feral, not lupine, even though the sign-up page's art exhibits an image similar to an earthly werewolf. It is sort of silly to predict the behavior of an [I]alien[/I] race based on the nature of an [I]earthly[/I] creature, wouldn't you say? Of course you would. You [I]should,[/I] at any rate. Besides, conspicuously absent in Baal character descriptions are oaths that state, "I vow to henceforth follow the laws of the wolf pack."

So arguments for Baal clan stability based on Lupine nature should end.

Oh, and I just saw your signature. I like your catchphrase. "Nature is calling." The best part of that idiom is that it is [I]totally[/I] intimidating, and doesn't sound at [I]all[/I] like you have to pee.

[No hard feelings disclaimer] :animesmil

I must say that assuming we will not hear the beating of the insidious wings as they descend is a folley.

I must say the only true worry I face is our mechanical rivals, for technology is truley the bane of nature. For the rest of you, please take note that it is not only we you must fear. Other denziens of the forests will be at our aid, so please don't assume that "nature's warriors" will be without our own "tricks".

If a chronos screams in the woods and three baal's are around to hear it, who cares?

[SIZE=1]*high fives Mykul*

[/SIZE][quote name='Drizzt Do'Urden']I must say that assuming we will not hear the beating of the insidious wings as they descend is a folley.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]I don't think anyone assumed you wouldn't hear the wings, we just implied that you wouldn't be quick enough to do anything about it when you did.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'Urden']If a chronos screams in the woods and three baal's are around to hear it, who cares?[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Who says anything about screaming?[/SIZE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Dear lord... How did this thread go from "Hey, if you have any questions post them here" to "let's all talk generic trash bolstering the impressiveness of our clan" to "Let's crush the Baal. Let's crush 'em now"?

To sum up my responses to my worthy adversaries: We [i]can[/i] catch you. We [i]can[/i] see through your nightmares. We [I]can[/I] break your precious toys apart.

We [B]will[/B] rip you to shreds.

We are the Predators. You are the prey.[/FONT]

Sorry I wasn't here for trashing Vicky, but I was in Vegas [woot] for the week, and wasn't able to access the internet...for free :animeswea But I won't be leaving again fort a while ^.^

Everyone fears something. Unfortunetely for all of you...it will be your gruesome end...[I]muahaha[/I]...:modrod:

[size=1]I hate photoshop.

So I have everything finished. But when I came to upload the clan pictures (new ones with names on), the Baal Clan's image is apparently corrupt or something like that. So now I have to re-do the clan's image and I really can't be bothered >_<.

You'll see the RPG up tonight, though, don't worry. I'll do it slowly but surely.[/size]

edit: AND IT'S DONE.

You can see that 'pending images' and the loading thing. That ain't your browser playing up, that's just me being far too tired to do anything. I lost the edited version of the opening so I had to use the draft and I can't get the Baal clan image to work so I have to make a new one. I didn't want to put the new images up with only three so I'm waiting until I get them all polished to post them up with your shiny names on them =).

Have at it. First chapter is free game. GO WILD.