OtakuBoards

Scrapworld: The Skycleaner (Mature)

ScreamSin

[color=darkblue]Lucy's amber eyes simply blinked in surprise as Ishild had run off. The girl's mind had simply gone blank in slight confusion, and in turn she stood stock still for a good amount of time before realizing her surroundings. Her hand slowly reached up, following Ishild as she ran off, yet her feet were cemented to the floor. [i]Come on, Lucy, move your feet![/i] her mind begged her, but she remained stationary. And so, the only thing that escaped from her lips was a simple reply.

"Uhm.."

As soon as she had said that, the girl realized what had just happened. Her left fingers gradually straightened out, but she tightened them quickly as to not drop her pack. The feeling of grabbing the cloth so strongly made her reflexes come back to life and the girl immediately started to walk towards the direction Ishild had headed. Lucy's head gradually looked about the room, seeing what the others were up too as she followed Ishild to wherever the girl was walking towards.

"Uhmm..Ishild? Is everything okay, really?" She called out, her voice rather quiet as she tried to approach the blonde haired girl.[/color]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed]"Uhmm..Ishild? Is everything okay, really?"
Ishild barely heard Lucy's quiet question. But for some reason, when she heard it she just wanted to cry. However she barely managed to hold back the tears, and turned around and hugged Lucy. Lucy's expression didn't change too much, but she seemed surprised since she didn't return the hug right away.
"Lucy! No it's not! I almost lost you. Promise we won't lose each other, okay? I...I really care about you, Lucy. I can't imagine not seeing you ever again." Ishild said as she hugged Lucy tighter.

[COLOR=Purple]Zlota looked at Ishild and Lucy and smiled. Then, wanting to give them some privacy she looked towards the factory. It was then that it hit her.

[I]"Z...Zl...ZLOTA..."

[/I]Zlota turned and looked at Maya. Then she looked back to Ishild and Lucy. She thought it was Ishild's voice calling her. Was it just her imagination?

[I]"ZLOTA!"

[/I]There it was again. What was it? Zlota put her hands to her head suddenly. Her mind started filling with violent images, things she had never seen or thought about ever. And the one that filled her with the most fear was of herself, leaving Ishild to die instead rescuing the young girl at the time.

[I]"Ishild...she never really cared for me anyways."[/I]

Was that...did she really just think that?
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]

Heat constantly turned to look back at the huge Factory in the distance as the group walked on. His sickle claws clinking together softly as he fold and unfolded them in agitation. He looked down at Zlota, who seemed afraid of something. Heat began to move towards her, but again...the disturbing urge rose in his mind.
"Kill them. Kill them. Kill them. Kill them. Kill them. Kill them."
Heat clenched his claws together, and dropped behind the group a few paces, staring at the backs of everyone as he struggled to maintain his focus. What were these thoughts? Hurting them? They were his friends, he couldn't! Was he really thinking these thoughts? Were they his? Was Heat...bad? The Scrap decided that until he could think clearly, he should probably keep his distance from the group. Stay a few steps behind so that he wouldn't do something...terrible.
--------
Archimedes stopped in his tracks, tilting his head.
"What is it?"
"...do you hear something?"
The others paused and listened in the howling wind. Nothing...then...a strange noise. The old man cupped a hand to his ear.
"...music?"
"What?"
"It's...music. Some kind of violin...come on, let's go...it's coming from the town, maybe there are others there. Keep an eye peeled, we don't want to fight anyone if we can avoid it..."

Maya began following Archie and the others. Then, she turned and saw Zlota standing by Heat. She scurried toward the two of them. Heat noticed Maya and quickly moved away from her, wanting to keep his distance from the humans for now. Maya took almost no notice of this, but instead kept moving toward Zlota. "Zlota! How come you're way back here?" Maya asked. Zlota glanced down at Maya, then quickly hurried away as Heat did. "...What's going on here?" Maya wondered aloud, her stomach churning unhappily.

[SIZE="1"]Grettel followed after the others slowly, glancing back at the factory on occasion. The voices were seeming to get a bit louder, and curious thoughts filled her head. Thoughts about hurting humans......abandoning them to the snow even. She shook her head, clearing her mind of these disturbing things before crunching through the snow to catch up to the others, glancing at Zlota and Maya curiously on her way by.
She ran up beside Archimedes, her head craning down smoothly to look at the old human as he spoke. "What's a violin?" She asked curiously, the strange thoughts having been firmly pushed to the back of her mind as she stayed in the here and now.

He raised an eyebrow at her. "It's an instrument my dear, if the person playing it is any good they can make music." He said with a nod, walking past her in the direction of the sound. Grettel looked thoughtful as she watched him before raising her head back up and scanning ahead. "Hmmm.....music...." She said contemplatively as she followed closely behind the old man.[/SIZE]

((Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've had writers block lately. DX))

[color=darkblue]Lucy was quiet as the girl spoke on, and then hugged her! Her mouth stood agap, her amber eyes blanked over in shock. And for that moment, Lucy was happy. It was the first time someone had hugged her since her parents were around. She felt like someone actually [i]cared[/i] for her in this freezing cold wasteland of a world. Lucy's mouth cracked a smile, only for a split second, but it was enough. She brought her arms up, silently wrapping them around Ishild, hugging the girl as well. Transparent tears started to roll from her amber eyes, down her cheeks, and onto the floor. While hugging the girl, Lucy leaned forward, sort of burying her face in Ishild's shoulder. She didn't say anything, and for once it wasn't because she chose not too, it's because she didn't know what to say.[/color]

Archimedes had finally reached the deserted town. As the group filtered in behind him, he glanced around, doing a mental count.
"Where is...?"
He glanced back and saw Maya walking slowly with Zlota, Ishild and Lucy were a little ways ahead of them, hugging each other. The old man smiled, then noticed Heat skirting around them, giving a wide berth. The old man sat down, the violin music trickling out of the town ahead of them.
"I need a moment to rest...Kilo and Duo, see if you can't find a suitable camp for the night, it's starting to get dark...Van, take a look around the outskirts, make sure no one's watching us this time, anything suspicious, hit it. Grettel, stay with me, if I get attacked, I'm not going to be able to do much. We'll wait for the others to catch up..."
Archie leaned on his staff, slowly recovering his breath as he shut his eyes. Vangelios waddled off to cover the outskirts of the town, lost in his own thoughts. Archie noticed that all the Scraps seemed to be on edge or confused. Vangelios hadn't spoken, even when addressed, and seemed to constantly look around or be distracted, as if he wasn't paying attention to reality. Heat wasn't coming within ten feet of anyone, he seemed more twitchy then the others. Zlota was hanging behind everyone, even Grettel seemed strangely on edge. The old man just hoped it was nothing serious or worse, related to the factory.
--------------
Heat stopped a ways away from the group, staring at Archimedes. He should tell him. He should tell him about the voices, maybe it wasn't Heat! Maybe it was something else, Archie should know! But what if it is Heat...what if Archie thinks he's dangerous? The Scrap shuffled back and forth as he debated about what he should do, shaking his head to try and rid himself of the strange urges.
------------
((Posts have been rather low for some of you, I put in a deadline for certain people to post. If you don't post within that Deadline, I will remove your character *possibly via a violent death*

IF YOU DIDN'T GET A MESSAGE ABOUT THE DEADLINE, don't worry about it, you are doing fine.))

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OCC: I gots internet back! I'm back in the game Whoo!

Duo let go of Kilo as they searched for a suitable shelter, she looked back at him as he limped a little ways to her left.
"Have you noticed the scraps acting weird since we got close to this town?"
He nodded and looked up at her.
"Yeah, Heat's stayed in the back almost the whole time, he's usually the one up front bouncing up and down like you."
She stuck out her tongue and smiled as he chuckled.
"I don't really see much, but there looks like an old abandoned house up this way, cant' say how warm it'll be, it's in pretty bad shape."
He nodded as they walked towards it, holes in the roof and siding but it was something.
"I wonder how sturdy it is, last thing we want is for it to collapse on us."
He nodded as she took a snowball and threw it onto the roof satisfied when it didn't crumble in on itself. She turned and looked back at Kilo.
"Well, lets go and tell the others, what do you say?"
He nodded and allowed her to put his arm around her shoulders so he could put weight on her. Getting back to the group she went around making sure that everyone was still at the right temperature and than went to Archie and told him about the run down house that they could use.
"Alright, we'll wait for the others to get back and head out."
She nodded and sat down next to Kilo watching as Heat scuffled back and forth looking anxious. It was putting her on edge and with out realizing it she reached over and grabbed a hold of Kilo's hands holding it tightly.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Maya trudged slowly through the snow. The scraps were on edge, which in turn made her nervous. Not even thinking about anything other than the scraps' behavior, she focused only a tad bit on putting one foot in front of the other. Her stomach let out a low growl. She hadn't eaten in a while, but she was not about to whine to anyone about this. Ignoring her stomach, she kept on walking, trying to figure out what had the scraps acting so odd. "...I hope it isn't that factory or anything...but I think it might be...," she whispered to herself. Pushing the thoughts out of her head, she tried to think about something other than the scraps or food.

Archie looked around the town. He couldn't tell from where the violin music was coming. He couldn't see any speakers, and no one had found any intact buildings where people could hide. This was starting to make him very uncomfortable, alongside the Scraps' apparent nervousness. Standing up, he looked at Heat. The large Scrap danced nervously then made eye contact.
"Heat. Come here."
Heat hesitated for a moment and the old man made a gesture.
"Heat. Come here, please."
The Scrap was still for a moment, then moved towards Archie. Vangelios was waddling back to the group when a loud shriek was heard. All heads snapped to Van as one of his legs sank into the ground. Heat made an awkward dive and grabbed his arm as the two Scraps suddenly slid out of sight with loud shrieking and metal snapping. Archimedes gasped and ran over, followed quickly by the others. Heat's head suddenly popped out of the ground, looking around in confusion. As the others raced to the edge, they saw that both Scraps had fallen about ten feet into a strange tunnel, braced with heavy metal beams with a dull steel floor. Vangelios' weight had crushed the roof, laying on his back like a surprised turtle. Heat's camera eye pivoted, seemingly very confused. Then he looked down and began to help the huge Scrap up. Archie stared in amazement.
"Underground? That's why..."
The violin music was considerably louder, and was obviously coming from the tunnels. The stale air wafted up to the group, and Archie sniffed it carefully. While musty, the air seemed clean, but it had a strange familiar scent to the old man. He couldn't place it, but whatever it was made his skin crawl.
"What should we do?"
Archimedes looked at Ishild, then back down into the corridor.
"...there may be supplies down there, or people willing to help us."
"There could also be people willing to hurt us!"
The old man sighed at Duo's comment.
"That's true as well...we'd be safer to leave it where it is, and camp on the outskirts of town tonight."
Heat crouched near the entrance to the corridor. It was much too small to fit him or Vangelios in. Dim lanterns flickered on the walls, most were dying or completely dark and cold. Archie scratched his scraggly beard.
"What are our supplies like?"
"We've got quite a bit, probably enough to last us a week if we don't change anything."
"...hmm..."
"Archie...we don't need to go in there."
The violin music continued to float up to the group, apparently on some kind of loop. Heat stared into the darkness, then made a strange whooing noise.
"Someone is here!"
"What?"
Ishild leaned down over the edge of the hole, staring into the tunnel upside down. At the very edge of the shadows, standing just in front of the light, was a small boy, barefoot with stained clothing. His eyes were large and pale blue, and he stared at her silently before whipping around and dashing into the shadows.
"Wait! Archie, there's a child here!"
"What? Ishild, wait! Julian, Rose, and Kilo, stay here with Heat and Vangelios! Maya and Zlota, stay with them as well. Heat, get me down there! Lucy, Ishild, Grettel, Duo, let's go!"
Heat's sickle claws closed around Archie and lowered him gently to the tunnel floor. The old man grabbed one of the dying lanterns, hooking it to the top of his brass staff. After pouring more fluid from other lanterns in, he brought it back to full brightness. He moved quickly down the hall with the others, coming to a split of three different passages.
"....Lucy, Ishild, take the left. Grettel, Duo, center. I'll take the right."
"Alone?"
"Archie, you can't-"
"MOVE! Use the lanterns for light, but be careful! We don't want to hurt the child on accident."
With that, the old man moved quickly down the right hall, his lantern fading as he reached into his backpack for some object. Then, he was gone.

((Hello my precious fellow roleplayers. This post is only to show you all I'm alive and well. I see this thread has been as active as my ability to come up with a clever analogy for this statement.))

Vangelios had secluded himself within the recesses of his mind for the longest while. His mind was cluttered with very violent yet rather comforting voice. When he had fallen through the hole his mind was straightened back to normal, and he was no longer intoxicated with the ideas of bringing the humans harm. He felt a heavy feeling within him, and it was extraordinarily unpleasant to him, and he felt that it was connected to his imagining hurting human beings. Now, he was wondering, if he would be capable of such a thing.

When there was mention of a child Vangelios focused his immediate attention to the subject at hand. Noticing the boldness of Archie rising up once again, as he bolted through a corridor all by his lonesome. Vangelios was stuck amidst those who stood behind as the team ventured out. The humans wore nervous expressions on there faces, and the scraps where silent as death.

?If some unfortunate urchin where to be added to our ranks I?m sure he would love to see us in a pleasant light,? Vangelios uttered. He waved his rod to arc over the group and stated ?Julian you have been a real upstart throughout this ordeal, Maya has been sweet yet reasonable, Kilo you have something sacred to hold on to, Rose you are most adept for a doll, and Zlota your actions make a good replacement for words.?

There was a pause, ?Let YOU? give the child the hope he deserves, and continue to be the glorious individual YOU? all are.?

Vangelios froze, his voice had never given any emphasis on his words before. He delved back into thought as to what this meant.

?You?

Duo tapped her toes on the ground and nodded back to Grettle who in turn nodded back.
"Keep up and lets go."
She dashed off down the tunnel, the hair on the back of her neck standing more and more on end, her skin felt like it was crawling but she pushed it aside and continued on with Grettel not far behind her. She sprinted and skidded to a hault as she came face to face with a large wall of caved in rubble with an opening large enough for a child or a person Duo's size to fit through with a bit of a squezze. She took a deep breath and began to head through it Grettel following after and than once back steady on her feet she continued to dash through the tunnel looking for anything that could be useful and keeping an eye out for the child.

OCC: Sorry its so short, tight on time, but the next one will make up for it. Promise.

[color=darkblue]The tunnels were rather dark and eerie. The stone was cold. It felt even more apparent down here. Lucy's fingers had snaked around the metal frame of the handle on one of the many lanterns. The lantern's were the only source of light in this dismal place that reeked of that familiar loneliness. Lucy and Ishild pressed on, the small light bouncing off their figures in odd directions. It was too quiet, and that was one thing that made Lucy's mind wander, wondering if another set of Scraps might jump out at any given time. She shivered slightly, the fear from before rising deep within the girl's heart.

And then she looked at Ishild, and as that fear of those metal beasts crept up inside her, so did the fear of losing her only true friend; the girl she had grown very close to over these past years. Lucy stopped moving, her amber eyes leaving Ishild to look at the bleak light from the fire which matched the shade of her eyes. Lucy seemed to peer straight through the flames obviously in deep thought. Ishild couldn't help but look somewhat confused at Lucy. Afterall, the dark haired girl had randomly stopped while they were moving.[/color]

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Book Antiqua]Zlota looked around with a start. She would have jumped if she was a human. As soon as Van and Heat fell into the hole, the voice stopped suddenly as it had started. So it wasn't her thoughts then...She tried to focus at the task at hand and clear her head of those evil thoughts. At least she knew they weren't her own. But if they weren't, then where did they come from and who gave them to her? Zlota listened as Ishild gave everyone a surprising revelation.

"Wait! Archie, there's a child here!"

Zlota was curious who could be down there. However she was ordered to stay with Heat and the others. As soon as Archie and the rest were too deep in the tunnels to be heard though, Zlota could see some sort of shapes in the distance. She thought she was just seeing things until Heat and the others started reacting to what they apparently were also seeing. Thinking suddenly, Zlota picked up Maya and prepared for the worst...

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ishild started to move ahead but stopped when she noticed Lucy wasn't moving.
"Lucy? Is something wrong?" Ishild asked. There was no answer. Ishild reached out and shook Lucy a little.
"Lucy!" Ishild whispered loudly.
Lucy came out of her daze.
"Ish-Ishild? What?" Lucy asked.
Ishild smiled. "You had me worried there for a second. Let's keep going."
As they wandered on, Ishild was about to comment on the violin music. Normally she liked the violin, but down here it was just creepy and she was about to tell Lucy she wished it would stop, when she smelled a strange but somehow familiar smell. Ishild couldn't place it, but it somehow triggered bad memories for her. She wasn't even sure what bad memories, because she was trying to not think about them. However they wanted to be remembered, thanks to the smell. Ishild dropped to the ground and tried to tuck herself into a ball and started to cry. She felt Lucy shaking her and calling her name, but she couldn't answer. She just kept crying out for help.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Purple][FONT=Book Antiqua]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sorry about the absence, but there have been aa lot of things going on... for both me and inu.

Rose sighed, she'd been keeping her distance for some time. She had a lot to think about. She waiteed outside the cave, and the strains of the violin came to her. Remembering back in her day, she could clearly envision herself playing the instrument for her creator. She had been quite talented with it, but thaat was to be expected, since she could mimic even the slightest movements made by humans.

Rose looked around, through the blistering cold. She wasn't sentirely sure what was going on, but all would be made clear soon enough.

Sorry it's so short, but i needed to make a post and i have no idea what's going on:catgirl:

[SIZE="1"]Grettel followed after Duo, keeping pace easily, albeit a little cramped as her proportions were different from Duo. She bowed her head mightily as tension that she had not noticed before disappeared along with the strange voice in her mind. She almost sighed with relief at that.

"Uhh.....how do you think a child could have survived here, Duo?" She asked, most puzzled by this. She had always thought that humans could not really survive long outside the Skycleaner......maybe she was wrong. After all, humans seemed stubborn enough to live almost anywhere, as far as she could see. [/SIZE]

Archimedes rounded yet another corner in the metal labyrinth. His staff clinked softly as the lantern bobbed around on the tip. The sounds from above and the others as they moved around the maze had faded a while ago. The old man could only hear the violin music accompanying his own footsteps. He stopped suddenly as a figure appeared in the darkness ahead.
"Hello? Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help!"
As Archie moved closer, he held up his hands in what he hoped would be a non-threatening manner. He caught his breath as the lantern light spilled over a wrecked scrap. The huge metal contraption was unrecognizable, a tangled mess of rusted bolts and gears, with huge claws sticking out from long pipes. Blood flecked the entire contraption, black with age. Archie breathed out slowly, searching for any sign of movement on the ancient machine. He slid around it, keeping his eyes on the gears. He let out his breath as he continued down the hallway, shaking slightly from the shock.
-------------
All throughout the metallic maze, the violin music suddenly made a harsh and violent trill, stopping immediately. As silence settled over the underground complex, it was suddenly replaced with a metallic voice, static garbling a lot of the words.
"Who is it? Whose here? Can you hear me? Or are you like the rest..."
Then, silence again.
--------------
Heat climbed out of the hole in the ground, looking in the direction of the figures. In his head, that annoying static whisper that haunted him had returned. He gave a strange static filled grunt and lumbered in front of the others, trying to see what the figures were. They moved quickly, and with a strange galloping movement...
"...WOLF! WOLF!"
Heat suddenly whipped around, trying to herd the others back.
"Hide! Hide! Wolf!"
As the figures drew closer, the others saw the unmistakable shapes of the Wolf Scraps that ambushed them earlier. Three of them were bounding towards the group, the lead one obviously much larger then the others. The Alpha. Heat pivoted and flexed his sickle claws.
"Heat will protect! Van, protect hole!"
Then, the massive Scrap went rigid. His gears made a piercing shriek as his body convulsed heavily. The others stared in shock as Heat suddenly went limp, falling to his knees and falling silent as his head drooped forward. The wolves bounded closer.

[color=darkblue]Lucy looked down at the freaking Ishild. Her head twisted towards deeper into the tunnel, then back at Ishild as she held her head. Lucy's eyes widened, trying to coerce Ishild into a walking position, but it seemed the girl was too involved with her own thoughts to see Lucy's pleas.

Then Lucy stopped moving. The environment was changing, the small orange light from the lanterns soon burned brighter. The flame grew and so did the light. Lucy turned around to see if the same was happening all down the pathway, but she saw caused her to jump. Bullet shells layered the sandy floor, and up against the wall there was a ruined Scrap sitting there. Lucy walked slowly over, her hands starting to shake in anxiety. Lucy's eyes than traveled to the ancient side arm sitting a ways off. She walked over, picking it up. It was out of bullets, she guessed some of the shells on the floor were from it. The trigger seemed to be pullable, but that didn't mean the rest of the gun's internal components still worked. Lucy set it in her waist band underneath her coat, even if it wasn't useful, it was still an interesting contraption.

She ran back to Ishild, deciding not to try and help her anymore. Lucy simply scooped her arm under Ishilds, and placed Ishild's arm over her shoulders as she started to carry Ishild down along the tunnel.[/color]

Maya heard Heat's calls through the hole, as well as his becoming inert. Hearing him hit the ground, Maya screamed. "HEAT! Vangelios! What's going on down there?!" she demanded anxiously. But Vangelios did not answer. He seemed very confused as he ignored Maya's question. The girl gasped at Van's lack of over-done response. Her breaths quickened along with her heartbeat. Something wasn't right. And she knew it. Suddenly, and stupidly, she scurried past Vangelios and into the hole. "HEAT?! MR. ARCHIMEDES?!" she shouted out as she sprinted toward where she had heard Heat's previous calls come from.

Heat's massive frame didn't budge an inch as Maya ran over to him, her small fists hitting his cold bronze trying to get a response. Zlota leaped towards her. By now, the revving of the saws on the Wolves could be heard, and their bodies pounded towards the small group. Vangelios was little more then a turret, unable to pull his bulk out of the hole as the Alpha sped up, letting loose with its frightening roar.
[SIZE="4"]"SGGRREEAAAGGGGHHH!!!"[/SIZE]
Julian spun around to Rose.
"Rose, get Kilo somewhere safe! I'll get the others!"
He dashed towards Maya and Zlota, the Wolves merely a few yards away as another gut wrenching roar echoed out over the snow. Then, they heard it. First Maya, then Julian, and rapidly the others. The Alpha was yelling. Screaming in a metallic, harsh voice filled with rage.
"KILL! [SIZE="3"]KILL![/SIZE][SIZE="4"] KILL![/SIZE]"
The huge Scrap smashed against Heat, causing him to topple over, nearly crushing Maya under his frame. The Wolf spiraled around, rampaging through the town like a steel berserker, it's scythe tail whipping around violently as it broke through a building. One of the smaller wolves leaped onto Van's head, biting at his eyes as the other slid down into the tunnels and darted into the shadows. Van finally pried the Wolf off his face, smashing it with his staff. The Scrap tumbled backwards, quickly leaping to it's feet and tearing off after Rose and Kilo. Alpha came barreling out of a destroyed building, it's camera eye swiveling before focusing on Zlota, Julian, and Maya. It lowered it's body, gave a piercing scream, and charged at them.
------------------
Archimedes had come to a heavy metal door. He stared at the rusted bolts, unsure of whether he wanted to see what was behind it. He had walked through what appeared to have been a battlefield. Behind this scarred and pockmarked door...gore? Corpses? An active Murder Scrap?
"...one way to find out..."
The old man put his shoulder against the door, braced his legs, and shoved heavily. The entire door slid inwards, the rust hiding the fact that it was precariously balanced on its end. Archie fell on top of the door as it slammed into the ground heavily.
"OOF! Ow..."
He fumbled slightly for his staff, the lantern having been knocked off the top and rolled into the room. As he grabbed what felt like a cold metal pipe, he slowly picked himself up when he realized that whatever he was holding was much heavier then his pipe, and it was twisted or caught on something. The old man rubbed his eyes and waited till they adjusted. Then he recoiled with a sharp yelp. He was gripping the arm of a motionless child, staring at him with bright green eyes. He backpedaled away from the figure. He tripped over another child laying on the floor, arms at her side, staring straight up with amber eyes. He spun and lashed out to try and stop his fall. His hand grabbed yet another child. Archimedes spun around. All around him in this room were staring motionless children. The old man slowed his breathing as he realized that none were moving. He steadied himself, staring at the laying little girl. He reached down and gently touched her cheek.
"...what the...?"
It was hard, some kind of porcelain. He rolled up one of her sleeves and felt the arm. Canvas. Stretched tight over piping.
"...Scraps?"

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Book Antiqua]Zlota felt pain deep inside of her body. What had effected her earlier had returned, and much more violently this time around. Zlota noticed the Alpha charging at them, despite all of the voices in her head. She wanted to pick up Julian and Maya, but whatever she willed her body to do, a stronger force was willing it not to obey her. Finally, but slowly, as the alpha charged down on them. Zlota picked up Maya and turned around slowly, trying to run. She didn't have time or the strength right now to pick up another person, so Julian was just shoved out of the way. Zlota could barely move her legs. She held Maya tight, and waited for the Alpha's impact.

[COLOR=DarkRed]In the tunnel, Ishild continued to cry out. However, now it was starting to turn a bit more hysterical. Memories of her childhood were about to cause her to pass out. She struggled from Lucy's grip and vomited on the floor. Then she started to scream, thinking she was a child once again. Lucy grabbed Ishild and started shaking.
"Ishi! Ishi!" Lucy cried out, but it seemed to be no use.
Finally, Lucy slapped Ishild hard against the cheek. Ishild's eyes filled with surprise, and focused finally on Lucy. After cleaning herself up, she hugged Lucy again.
"I'm sorry Lucy. It was just..." Ishild paused, she didn't want to think of it again.
"...Bad memories. Thanks for your help. Let's get going." Ishild said, as Lucy helped her up.
Ishild whispered an 'I'm sorry' to Lucy, and they kept searching. They had to be getting close to that child that Ishild saw. She just knew it.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Ok, first off, sorry for the absance, I'll post again soon, I have been dealing with emergency one after another, my son broke his arm, than my daughter started teething which has taken up alot of time and on top of all that I am now stuck in a hotel due to house problems. So I wanted to catch everyone up to speed. I will still be posting just not as often as I like. Sorry for the inconvence but that's life.

((ExcelExcel and Inuyasha Fandom have dropped out of the running.))
-----------
A violent shock wave of snow shot around Zlota as Alpha landed behind her, it's jaws an inch from the back of her neck. But it didn't attack. It stared at her silently, it's jaws whirring slowly as she turned to face it. It's camera eye narrowed onto her face, and it leaned forward, forcing her back a step. It gave a snarl to Maya, who quivered and clutched Zlota. Then, it's voice filtered out to the pair.
"...how does it feel to have ffffear in your heart?"
Julian rolled over from his position in the snow, and Alpha slammed a sickle claw down on top of him, caging him as the Scrap gave a vicious snarl. Julian gave a yell as one of the claws impaled his shoulder. The Alpha tilted it's head and dragged the man under him, it's camera eye returning to Zlota.
"Fear is such a wonderful expression for humans."
"You...you're not like the others..."
Alpha turned it's massive head back to Julian, who writhed under his crushing grip.
"No...unlike the others."
It's jaws snapped at Zlota, causing her to fall backwards with Maya. The Wolf raised it's claw over her.
"I have a Heart!"
[SIZE="4"]KLANG![/SIZE]
Alpha flipped over four times, smashing into a wall. From the hole, Van had used his staff like a ram rod, smashing it into the sides of the Wolf and causing it to fly against the wall. It thrashed around, trying to roll over.
---------------
Inside the tunnels, the other Wolf Scraps were quickly moving deeper and deeper. One went down the tunnel towards Lucy and Ishild, the other tore down the path heading to Duo and Grettel. Their claws and whirring gears echoing down the halls. They took up the entire hallway, their whirring saw jaws and sickle claws scraping across the metal walls and floor.

Maya quickly scrambled out of Zlota's grasp. "Maya, no!" the scrap managed to choke out. Maya sprinted to a shovel laying on the ground of the mine shaft. The Alpha gave a hideous screech and leaped at her. Maya grasped the shovel and turned around, swinging it like a bat. it bashed into the right side of the Alpha's head. The shovel part snapped off and the scrap bashed into the ground. Maya looked down at her broken weapon and gasped. The scrap was getting back up and it looked VERY unhappy. The Alpha made a second leap at Maya, who had only a broken shovel. "Zlota!" she cried, "Help!"

The wolf?s jaws scrapped away at the metal shell of Vangelios? cone helmet. One of the blades managed to slide past the thin grill that protected his face and began to chip away at the camera that hid underneath. Vangelios? became panicked by the loss of his vision and the horrid noise of his own body breaking away, yet it was the tormenting sensation that filled his body that lead him to become maddened. Flailing his rod in a blinded fury he impacted the wolf and sent it spiraling into the metal walls where it became unbalanced and vulnerable.

Vangelios? vision had been obscured by the damage that the wolf had done, and he had a difficult time making sense of the environment around him with this impairment. Only the blurred visage of the Alpha stood immediately recognizable, yet it?s form distorted in an ethereal manner. Echoing through the area, the voice of the Alpha sounded once more. It announced that it contained a heart which caught Vangelios? immediate contempt.

Once again Vangelios? voice fluctuated, yet this time it was a far more violent tone. ?With that heart you kill without!? You?ve gained for nothing!? The discovery of pain and the mental unbalance of Vangelios during this period had taken it?s toll, and he began to quiver and quake inside the confines of his hole. A wolf had leapt onto Vangelios in his broken state and in retaliation he threw his limbs all over himself to try and grab the scrap, but his ailing systems made it impossible for him to even tell where it was. Though he could hear it?s cruel body raking against his.