OtakuBoards

Scrapworld: The Skycleaner (Mature)

ScreamSin

Rose placed her hand on her head, closing her eye.

"Mister Archie... I hear something as well. But... I can't quite discern it. There's a lot of static... and whatever is speaking isn't really audible...And it's faint..."

Rose looked down at the ground. None of the other scraps had seemed to react to it. "Mister Archie... I don't think there's a malfunction in Vangelios... There's something here... or near here that's making this noise."

Archie and the others started looking around, their eyes filled with apprehension.

Rose looked around, her one intact eye scanning everything. "I... I can't discern where it's coming from..." Rose looked out of a window, to a ruined town overlooking the reminants of Scavenger City. Slowly, but sury there were moving bits of cloth attached to several figures, but none of them were moving.

"Um... Mister Archie? There's something up there through that window." Rose pointed, and everyone's gaze flitted upward.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]Grettel turned slowly to look up along with the rest, her pupils widening as she magnified her vision to see the things Rose was pointing at better. She stood up, making an impatient sound. "Nothing more than scaffolding, Rose. I think the cold is getting to your optics..." She stated, tilting her head as she looked down at the other Scrap. This was the first time she had spoken in days, her voice soft and reasonable as she looked now at Archimedes, shrugging before wrapping her long arms around herself and sitting down nearby, her share of the supplies thumping to the floor as she busied herself with adjusting her clothing.[/SIZE]

Archimedes glanced out the window, straining his eyes.
"She's right. Probably just the metal. A lot of these buildings have crumbled in the weather."
"What about the cloth?"
"The Scavenge team uses those to mark where they've already searched, to prevent double overs and such."
Maya chimed in at this.
"That's right! It's to make sure we don't search the same area twice!"
Archimedes stared at the tower for a moment longer.
"There's nothing to worry about Rose. There are no living animals outside anymore, and all the Scraps froze in the weather near the end of the war. The only ones to survive were those taken in by humans."

Julian smirked. "We know that, but some scraps were intelligent enough to protect themselves." Julian tapped his head. "I Have a lot of history in here, remember? I suggest that we not take it too lightly. I understand Grettel is quite advanced, but even still, I don't trust such light circumstances."

Julian turned around, lifting up his coat and shirt to reveal a long jagged scar running down the lenth of his left side. "Archie, you'd remember the incident that gave me this."

Archie shrugged. "But those were scraps in an underground facility, right?"

Julian conceded, and then grew silent. Yhere was a possibility he was being over cautious. "Sorry, Maybe I'm just as cold as the winter winds that blow around this ... campsite..."

Archie rolled his eyes.
"Fine, I'll prove it to you guys that we're alone. Heat, come with me."
Outside, Archie stared up at the unmoving metal structure. Heat packed a large snowball in his claws. Archie pointed at the fluttering cloth.
"Hit that, Heat."
Heat arched back, his claw dipping to the ground as he braced his legs. The others watched the roof carefully as Heat suddenly hurled the snowball with surprising accuracy. The giant orb flew smoothly upwards and smashed into the metal, which shook, but didn't move. The building gave a low rumble as Archimedes folded his arms.
"See? It's the scaffolding. Anything that wasn't braced wouldn't have taken that impact without moving a little. Can we drop this nonsense now? We're not in any danger here. We need to worry about other humans as we get farther north."
"Other humans?"
Archimedes rubbed his arms as he headed back inside, Heat walking around the back to the garage opening.
"Not everyone has reacted to these times with the same amount of sanity as we have. There are some who have gone insane and others who've grown violent and desperate."
As Heat rounded the building, he tapped the side of his head. The strange buzzing whisper had also effected him. Afraid that he was breaking down or the weather was affecting his head, he wouldn't vocalize these fears. A broken scrap couldn't help everyone on this trip, and Heat wanted nothing more then to be of use to this group.
-----------------
Clinging to the side of the tower, they watched the group return to the house before settling on the other side, digging into the metal and hunkering down. They had almost been seen, but managed to move before the repair scrap had taken a closer look. As the sun set completely and pitch black night settled over the Waste, they waited in silence in the howling wind for dawn to approach.

Maya lay silent next to Ishild. "Ishi," she suddenly whispered, shaking the woman a little. "Ishi! Ishi, Ishi, Ishi!" she whispered a bit louder. Ishild jolted a little, turning to Maya.

"Wha? What is it, Maya?"

"...There's no such thing as monsters, right?"

"Huh? Monsters? No, there's no such thing."

"Then what's outside?"

"Nothing, Maya! Didn't you hear Archie?"

".....B-but Ishi! Mr. Archimedes could be wrong! What then?!"

"Shhh, Maya... He's not wrong. It'll be alright, silly!" Ishild soothed the child.

"Fine. But if big scary monsters attack us, are you getting all of this, I'm going to tell you that I told you so!"

[color=darkblue]Although she didn't show it, Lucy was still skeptic about the whole scaffold thing. Sure it had been cleared up, but she still wanted to make sure. As the group curled up into the sleeping rolls, Lucy lay awake. Her senses keen and aware. The absence of noise left an interesting feeling in her ears. But every now and then it was broken by a slight breeze followed by some possible metal clanging from said breeze.

Lucy couldn't believe how cold it was out here during the night. In her sleeping roll, Lucy lay trying to keep her teeth from chatter so she could listen closely. So far there had been nothing suspicious and she had started to fall asleep. Although, it did feel nice laying in the quiet for once, but Lucy was tired. The whole deal from earlier that day was exhausting. Everything from getting ready, talking with people, to heading out itself. One thing was for sure; it was cold here, and it was only going to get colder.[/color]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Duo shoved her hands in her pockets, the hair on the back of her neck still not settling down to give her a sense of peace, her fists were clenched tight and she tapped the toes of her boots on the hard floor over and over as if itching for a fight. Most of them never knew that she was a skilled fighter, she rarely showed that fact, and her hands had no scares to back up this fact, but she never used her hands, her hands were her tools, she used to them to help people not hurt them, that's where her legs and feet came into play. Her mind floated back to one of the sparing matches that she had with Kilo, and his shocked face as she swept his feet out from under him with a swift movement of her legs, since than she and Kilo often spared to pass some time in the gym and keep one another on their toes. She came back to the present and felt the tension in the air and leaned on a large pipe behind her.
"Arch, I know you say that there's isn't anything out there but I still think it would be good to keep watches, god only knows what other weirdos are out in the wastes, rouges, bandits, those kind of things. Watches are a good idea I think, that's why I'll talk the first. I'll wake Juls when it's his turn, after that I think Heat and than Van should take the last watches."
Archie just raised a brow as she didn't wait for an affirmative but merely walked to the front of the old garage and stood looking out into the white world. She could feel that there was something watching, waiting, but what it was she just wasn't sure. Even after the old man's demonstration she was still not convinced. She cracked her knuckles and her toes inside of her boot keeping her nerves calm but her senses wide open, ready for anything. Her legs were relaxed allowing her to make a move in a split second if she needed to. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Archimedes poked Duo in the back with his staff. She looked back and saw he was holding a lantern and a blanket.
"It's pitch black out here, and well below 0 degrees."
The old man threw the blanket around her shoulders. Archimedes looked at Duo cautiously.
"Look, don't think I haven't been alert since Rose mentioned she saw something. But paranoia will only tire us out. There's a difference between cautious and obsessive. We have to be watchful, but we can't think everything is out to get us, or we'll go insane and turn on each other. I've seen it happen before."
"...back with your squad?"
Archimedes flinched slightly. Everyone who knew him remembered that he had been wandering the Wastes for two years with his old military squad, trying to help people out. No one knows what happened, Archie never spoke of it. All they do know is that he was found collapsed outside of the Skycleaner, smeared in blood. Rosa had probably told Duo the story at some point, since everyone in this group was far too young to have even been alive when Archie was found. She noticed the old man's sadness.
"I'm sorry Archie..."
"No, it's alright. Don't stay out here too long. You can't see anything anyway, with no moon..."
The old man turned and walked back inside. He looked at Lucy, who simply stared back at him with her usual cold stare. The old man smiled and walked over.
"Mind if I sit with you for a little bit? I can't get to sleep right now anyway..."
"....."
The old man slowly sat next to Lucy, hunching over his knees. He didn't speak, just quietly sat and shut his eyes, leaning over his knees as he went over the events in his mind. If there really was something watching them...it couldn't be a Scrap, they'd freeze in this weather without some kind of protection. The Scraps had never grown beyond their duties during the war, showing no intelligence short of gathering large numbers to mindlessly charge the humans. If they were humans...that wasn't plausible either, Scavenge City had been gone over so many times by the Skycleaner's inhabitants there was nothing of worth here. No human in their right mind would decide to inhabit this place, and even if they did, they wouldn't have survived or gone unnoticed from the daily scavenge teams.
-----------
Heat sat facing everyone in their huddled sleeping rolls. He tapped his claws softly together. Not being able to sleep gave him a lot of time to think during the nights. Back in the Skycleaner, he could distract himself with the junk lying around. But here, he had to be quiet, so as to not wake the others. He overheard Maya talking about monsters.
"Fine, but if big scary monsters attack us, are you getting all this, then I'm going to tell you I told you so!"
Heat reached over and tapped the floor with one sickle claw, getting Maya's attention. The huge Scrap spoke in a crackly whisper.
"If monster attacks, Heat keep Maya safe! Heat promised, so Heat will keep his promise!"

[color=darkred]Time passed so slowly for Graham since Duo had left. Those three words echoed in his mind over and over. [I]I love you[/I]. He picked up the wrench that he had sitting on his bed. It was far too heavy for most of the enignners to carry much less use it. He ran his fingers over the spot where Heat had carved its name into it before giving it to him for being nice.

A quick sharp rap on his door roke his chain of thoughts as Rosa came barreling in. "Kilo I need your help" Her face was pale as a ghost. He ran down the catwalks following her forgeting he still had the wrench in hsi hand. When they got to the infirmary there was a human badly cut up like he had been attacked. Blood was frozen to him and slowly being to thaw. "Hurry do exactly what Duo taught you" Rosa went scarmbling to work as Graham began boiling rags and anything else he could think of. He laid one on the guy's head and as soon as he went to get another the man grabbed his arm and begasn muttering. "What?"

The man's voice was broken from the cold. "Th h h h ey am am busht ed us"

Graham knelt down beside him. "Who?"

"Sc sc sc...."

"Scraps?"

"How many people were with you?"

The man held up his hand though he only had two fingers left. He curled and flexed hsi thumb eight times.

"Any one still alive?"

The man nodded his head. "B b b ell...." His last breathe left him

Fear flooded through Graham. "Rosa come with me" He barreled downt he hallways until he found Boris. "We have a problem." He quickly spilled his story abotu teh people trapped in the Bell caves. [/color]

Julian waited patiently with Rose, not sure what to do at the moment. His hand nervously clenching his parka.

"Rose, what do you think we shoulde do?"

She hung her head. "I.... Don't know. I wasn't built to handle situations like this... I fear I may be useless."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You have your uses, they just aren't for combat."

Rose remained silent. Julian sighed, lying back down, and staring out of the skylight of the building. "Julian?" Rose's voice sounded almost sad.

"Hmmn?"

"If those things were nothing to be concerned about, then why is everyone so tense?"

"Eh... paranoia. It's a human thing, Rose."

"I see. Fine then. I'll be more than happy to remain silent as so people can sleep."

Jullian sighed. He needed to get a few hours of sleep as well, dawn was only a few hours away now...

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Duo sighed as she went through movements in her head, stretching her legs above her head from time to time to stay loose. It had been a few hours already but it felt like minutes to her as she went over her spars with Kilo in her head time and time again all the while keeping an eye out. After another few minutes she walked over to where Juliean and Rose sat and gave him a gentle kick.
"Juls, your watch, after you it's either Heat or Van, I'll let you choose."
He grumbled and stood slowly rubbing the sleep from his eyes. making sure he took his watch and making sure he was awak she went to the back of the building and began to go through her warm ups making sure to stretch her legs to the fullest, something just didn't sit the back of her mind very well and she was going make damn sure she was ready for when it did happen. She flipped onto her hands and spun in a circle flipping back onto her hands and smiled as a drop of sweat hit the floor beneath her. At least she was warm now. Taking a deep breath she went around and felt everyone's skin to make sure that no one was to cold and settled down her self to get at least some sleep, her mind drifting back to Kilo, she had hated leaving him, but they needed a doctor on this journey and the shelter still had Rosa,they would be okay.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Grettel sat, watching the rest of the group with impatience. There had proven to be nothing there, so why were the humans and scraps still acting so jumpy? The repair scrap shook her head, settling into a more relaxed position. She turned her head slowly, watching Maya talking with Ishild, Heat assuring her he'd protect the little girl. With a sigh she unfolded her long arms, letting them stretch out to either side of her. She decided not to speak about the odd sound she too was now hearing. The humans might think she was malfunctioning, like Vangelios seemed to be.
She resigned herself to keeping watch for the night, idly listening to the wind moaning through the dead city.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Vangelios lumbered over to Maya in very close proximity, and loomed over her in a dominating presence. “Do not indulge in pride if your suspicions are accurate, for you might as well wish misfortune on us,” he uttered to her. “If these monsters happened to be the scraps without essence then we are in the home of automatons that feed off destruction.” He remembered facing the heartless scraps in wartime, and how quickly he transformed roles between humanities valuable gem to their martyr protector. That was not something he wished to go through again, but he knew his other options where even more undesirable.

Heat optimistically assured Maya that he would protect her given any unfortunate circumstance. At the mention of this, Vangelios clumsily lifted his working hand over Maya, and his grotesque fingers loomed over her as if they where about to grasp her. She seemed slightly intimidated by this motion until he reeled back his hand, and continued his words…[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]“Miss Maya, fret not of any dangers here, for you alone have the wit to survive any encounter I’m certain.” A silent pause proceeded his words, and he even turned around facing away from her. “Heat and I won’t allow you to taint your hands with violence, so you don’t even have that to fear,” he looked around and noticed everyone starting to branch off into their own little groups.

“I am here to quell your troubles,” with these last word Vangelios struck the ground below him with his rod without making a sound.

His gaze switched to Grettle, and he noticed she was the only soul alone. Vangelios waddled beside the scrap, “Are you perhaps listening to the sounds that echo through your conscious?” He didn’t give her the time to answer, “I find myself lying to the humans often, for they do not comprehend the way I think, but you decide to be silent.”

Vangelios, walked into her gaze and pointed his rod to her, “Your thoughts are worth nothing to the group if you keep them to yourself, and your hidden wisdom could only be of benefit.”[/COLOR]

Maya blinked in response to Vangelios' assurance. When he turned away, she cocked her head to the side. ".....So there [I]are[/I] monsters out there?" she questioned.

"There are no monsters, Maya! And Vangelios, stop filling Maya's head with such scary ideas! You'll only make her more worried!" Ishild hissed, protective of Maya.

"But, Ishi! I'm not worried! Heat and Vangelios will protect me, they said! So what should I be worried about? I'm simply stating that there could still be monsters out there!" Maya argued.

"Ah, dear, confused, Maya! Not monsters, more likely scraps without essence! Really, to make a convincing argument, you simply must say the proper words, or it is meaningless!" Vangelios corrected.

"Okay, then," Maya yawned. "Wake me up if any mon-! Er...I mean, scraps without essence, come around."

[SIZE="1"]Grettel almost jumped as Van suddenly interrupted her thoughts, causing her to scoot back instinctively.

She blinked as he talked and talked.....about the weird static?

She let out a sound similar to a snort as she swiveled her long neck to regard him. "I prefer to keep to myself, humans are.....difficult to understand." She paused, folding her arms once more into her thick clothing. "And....the sounds are odd. I remember hearing them before.....very very faintly on the Skycleaner. But it seems they have gotten.....louder....since we began on this journey. "She said thoughtfully, her voice tremulous as she looked at the ceiling.[/SIZE]

Archimedes slowly opened his eyes as he felt the floor shaking. Light was creeping in through the cracks of the building. He rolled over in his sleeping roll, covering his eyes in exasperation.
“Heat…stop moving…”
“Heat’s not moving.”
The old man blinked slowly.
“Van?”
“It’s not me.”
SGGRAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!
Bolting upright, Archimedes leaped to his feet, stumbling over the others as they awoke violently from the screaming noise that erupted from outside. Heat scrambled to his feet as the others looked around, Maya seeming rather nervous.
“W-what was that?”
The old man shoved the door open, feeling the cold air blast against his face as he squinted in the sudden brightness, straining to see outside. The screaming noise echoed out again, this time from above the group. Looking up quickly, they watched in horror as the roof suddenly caved in, shrieking and squealing as the metal was shredded by monstrous sickle claws. From the hole fell huge mounds of snow, and the group scattered. Heat scooped Maya, Lucy, and Julian away from the area quickly with one massive claw as he leaped backwards. Duo and Rose sprinted over to the door next to Archimedes as Grettel, Zlota, and Ishild threw themselves aside. Only Vangelios was struck by the falling snow, not able to move faster then his strange waddle. His massive frame prevented any damage as he used his staff to shove the piled up ice away from his legs. Archimedes looked up in shock.
“VAN! LOOK OUT!”
The massive Scrap barely had time to raise his face upwards as a huge effigy of spikes and saws fell from the roof. Making a horrid revving and grinding noise, the Scrap landed on Van’s back heavily, then kicked off, toppling him over as it skidded over the floor, stopping a short ways away. Heavy plates of metal coated its frame, which was designed to look like a massive wolf, standing maybe 7 feet tall at the shoulder and reaching 12 feet in length from end to end. However its claws were sickles and its whipping tail was a series of scythes bolted together. Along its backside was a screaming line of blades, much like a chainsaw, revving violently. It’s head was little more then a large camera eye, and for jaws it had four whirring buzz saws, two on top and two on bottom. It gnashed these together harshly, sparks exploding from its face as it made the screaming roar yet again.
“SGRAAAAGGGHHHH!!!”
From the roof, more holes suddenly tore open and smaller versions of this ‘wolf’ leaped into the building. They lacked the chainsaw spine and only had three saws in their mouths, but they looked just as menacing as they revved violently, surrounding the broken group. In total there were 9, plus the Alpha Wolf. Archimedes stared in horror. These designs were like nothing he had ever seen during the war. Scraps were never made for combat! Yet these monsters seemed to be designed for the single purpose of slaughter! The Alpha suddenly roared and charged Heat. The massive Scrap shoved Maya, Lucy, and Julian away, barely managing to turn to the Alpha as it slammed into him violently, sparks showering as it bit down on his frame. They tumbled through the back of the warehouse, exploding into the snow as two more Wolves dashed after them. The remaining Wolves moved to the others. One charged Archimedes Rose, and Duo, the old man quickly grabbing the girls and hauling them out the door. Two more leaped onto Van as he attempted to rise, mauling his metal overcoat violently as they tore at any exposed parts. Maya found herself staring directly at a Wolf, who revved its jaws and moved forward menacingly. Grettel was smashed into a wall as the final three charged, one body slamming her and the other two circling Zlota and Ishild like predators. She found herself staring into the jaws of the monster as it roared and charged her violently.
----------
Heat rolled as the Alpha tore at his chest gears, letting out a yell as he grabbed the beast heavily and hurled it over his head. As the Scrap twisted to get up, the other two Wolves leaped onto his back, biting into his gears and tearing bits and pieces out. Suddenly, one of his arms went spastic for a brief second before going limp. Heat twisted his body, spinning to shake them off. One flew off, but the other clung grimly to his back, tearing off gears connected to his arm. Heat reached over his shoulder and grabbed its head, hurling it away. He turned and saw the Alpha charging again, making the screaming battle cry. Heat’s camera eye circled and saw the other two rise out of the snow, their cyclopean eyes twisting as they focused on the Scrap. Heat found his movements strange and awkward, and his focus was erratic. As the larger Scrap came barreling towards Heat, the humongous brass man wind milled his functioning arm, slamming his claws against the Alpha brutally. The Scrap twisted under Heat’s massive grasp, the giant lifting the beast over his head for a throw. However, in raising his arm, he exposed his chest to the remaining two wolves, which pounced onto him and tore at the exposed gears. With a loud yell, Heat spun around; trying to knock them off as his grip faltered and the Alpha fell onto his shoulders. Losing his balance, the large Scrap toppled over, punching and ripping at the Wolves who attempted to keep him down, switching their focus to his leg gears as he pushed himself up, slashing at them with his sickle claws. With a violent kick, he sent them all spinning outwards, giving him time to rise to his feet.
-------------
Archimedes covered his head as the massive Wolf smashed through the door, snapping its jaws at them as it lost its footing and slid across the snow, rotating to keep them in its eye. The old man gripped his staff, but knew he would be useless in this fight. He turned and lobbed the brass pipe to Rose.
“Here! Stop its gears from moving!”
“ARCHIE, LOOK OUT!”
The old man didn’t even have time to turn before the Wolf shoulder slammed him hard, hurling him several feet backwards. He gave a single grunt as he somersaulted into the snow, hitting rather hard. Seemingly satisfied, the Scrap turned its gaze to Rose and Duo, saw-jaws whirring madly as it whipped its bladed tail around. Archie gripped his shoulder as he rolled onto his stomach, cupping a hand around his mouth.
“STOP THE GEARS! STOP THE GEARS FROM MOVING!”
-------
((Make it interesting))

Maya opened her mouth to scream, but her throat seemed dry and bare, making no noise. Backing away at the moment was near impossible, as her quivering legs were working hard enough just keeping her up. The "wolf" was flying toward her, yet she felt frozen. Suddenly, she snapped out of her trance and scrambled out of the scrap's way. Maya's mind was going to work, trying to figure out a way to get out of such a bad situation, when Archie suddenly hollered out something about stopping gears. Maya picked up a chunk of metal and chucked it at the "wolf", but it simply stepped out of the way. Then Maya looked the machine over, trying to find the gears. But she didn't have enough time. The enormous scrap leaped forward for a second time. Maya screamed as loudly as she ever had. "HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!"

Julian had dodged when a monsterous scrap had fallen where he'd been sitting, rolling out of the way. He stared into what very well could have been the jaws of his own demise.

"HELP!" Maya screamed. Julian didn't waste a second. He knew very well he didn't have the stength to fight these things, he wasn't a scrap. It advanced on him, and Julian was reminded of the incident a few years ago, which had given him his scar. The scrap charged, and Jullian saw his chance to move. He ducked, and the scrap went rumbling over him, slamming into the wall of the building and shaking what was left of it. Julian ran to Maya, as the massive monster raised one of its limbs to end her fragile little life. Julian jumped, sailing through the air and snagging her away, the monster smashing where she had just been standing. The two of them rolled, before coming to a stop, The two of them scrambling to get away.

"Maya! Hide!"

"Where? There's no where to go!"

Julian's mind raced, his eyes scanning the remaains of the warehouse. "Over there! Behind those crates!"

Maya ran as fast as she could to hide, Julian turning his attention to the two scraps advancing on him. He had no idea what to do, he had no available weapons on him, other than a hunting knife in his boot. Withdrawing it, he held it ready. An idea came to him.

"You can't fight if you can't see..." A smile spread across his face. Looking around, he saw a small two by four lying behid the advancing scraps.

Perfect for jamming the gears of a blind scrap. "Let's play..."

Rose looked up at the monsters, she'd never seen scraps like these. They were big, and they were mean.

Rose stood there, unsure of what to do. Her latent abilities were not for combat, even though she now held a brass pipe in her small hands. Rose wouldn't be able to take an assult like Heat could, or like any of the other scraps for that matter. She was just a doll, and she would be rended limb from limb if she tried to do anything to them.

An uncouth expression came across her face as a smaller wolf now charged Archemides.

"OH NO YOU DONT!" Rose ran forward, as the wolf leaped to claw Archemedes. She jammed the Pipe upwards, and in a split second, she pulled the rod, not so that it came back out, but so the wolf would smash face first into the cold concrete. There was a sickening noise as the war scrap grinded to a halt. Rose yanked on the pipe, smashing the inner gears around.

The gear would no longer move. It's smashed head was now the least of its problems. Turning around, she focused on the other machines. She wasn't as fast as them, but she was surely faster than the humans. Within a few seconds, she analized the situation. One was down, there were nine left. The various scraps were fighting already, but Rose was on her own.

Rose turned on her heels. "Let's teach these dogs to play dead... And some manners..." Rose went whirling into battle, with little regard to herself, trying to distract and destroy, and keep the humans alive. She went for one of the two approaching Julian, landing on it's back, and deftly slammed the pipe down through its 'neck', one of the few soft spots on these things. She wrenched the pipe to her left, severing various things within it. For but aa few moments, it fought to keep standing, thrashing about violently. Rose keps ahold of the pipe, wrenching it ever more.

Its partner made the mistake of turning to see what was going on, turning into a blind fit. The camera eye of the second was smashed to peices by a tail.

The first soon enough fell, it's head rolling across the floor. The second blindly leaped around, smashing into things.

"Rose!" Julian called. "We have to stop that thing! Maya's still in here!"

Rose's eye scanned the room, and saw it, a small face peeking out from behind a staack of crates. Rose looked around, aand saw the way was clear. She ran over to Maya, kneeling down. "Maya, we have to get out of here."

"But-"

"No but's Maya. We have to keep you safe." Rose turned around, and her one in human eye showed from under her hair. "Please, Maya. Don't make me watch another child die."

Heat whirled the Wolf off his body, spinning to kick the other in the jaw. The Alpha prowled out of reach, waiting. As Heat grabbed one of their heads, crushing it in his massive claw, the Alpha suddenly pounced onto his back, biting into his neck and shredding through the metal. Heat gave a yell and spun around, using the now broken Wolf as a flail to beat at the Alpha on his back.
------------
The blind Wolf stopped thrashing as another suddenly moved next to it, making a piercing hissing noise. The blind wolf was still a moment before focusing entirely on Rose, making odd hissing noises as it leaped over to her, smashing a claw down. Maya and Rose barely had time to dodge before a hind leg snapped out, catching the doll in her chest and rocketing her into a wall. The blind Scrap roared at Maya briefly, but turned it's attention to Rose, still making the odd hissing noise as it moved towards her, apparently no longer effected by it's blindness.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Duo finished placing Archie's arm in a sling and leaned him against a dead tree nearby and out of sight. Dropping her bag she turned to run back to the building when he caught her wrist.
"There's nothing you can do!"
"Damnit Arch, Maya's still in there!"
She yanked her wrist from his grasp and dashed back to the building and inside seeing one of the wolves advance on Rose, Maya not to far. Her face set into a hard frown she took off running, she heard Juliean yell at her but she knew that none of them had any idea that could fight. Leaping high into the air she spun and struck the scrap on the shoulder, the force of the blow knocking the metal beast off balance enough for Rose to regain her footing and charge back into the fray. Spinning on the toe of her boot she sprinted towards Maya and just as she about to scoop up the girl the tail of the scrap Rose was fighting whipped around and caught her in the chest, she automatically smelt the blood from her wound and felt the burning of the gash that now ran straight across her chest. Taking a deep breath she sprinted towards the girl again, this time leaping high into the air and throwing her weight forward she flipped in the air and landed next to Maya who looked at her wide eyed as she too in Duo's injury.
"Maya, I need you to focus on my face please."
Maya's eyes met her's as she gave the young girl a large smile even though the pain was humming through her body, she blocked it out in front of the frightened girl.
"I need you to hold onto me tight Maya, can you do that?"
She simply nodded and wrapped her arms around Duo as Heat and the Alpha made the building shake with the force of their fight.
"Just look at me, focus on me Maya. Hey, you getting all this?"
That got the girl's attention and she fixed Duo a glare that made her chuckle.
"Good, here we go, hold on to me tight and what ever you do, DON'T let go you understand me?"
She nodded again and tightened her grip on Duo as she stood up and planted her feet on the floor, leaping into the air she landed on a broken pipe not to far away with the grace that should have been born to a cat, with another shake of the building she took another jump and landed back on the floor away from the scraps and the battles that were going on. She flipped Maya onto her back and ran as fast as she could to where she had hidden Arch when a scrap came flying from the building, Rose not far behind, she knew the small scrap could not have possibly thrown the best that far and mentally cursed Van as it landed on it's feet infront of Maya and Duo. Duo let out a growl from deep with in her chest and tensed her legs ready to defend the girl with her life. The beast let out another screeching roar and charged at Duo and Maya.
"Damnit!"
She flipped Maya who wailed in fear and threw her to the side towards where Archie was and turned back just in time to he bowled over by the wolf, it's claws pinning her to the ground a massive claw on either side of her neck, dangerously close to the major artery that ran through it. Growling again she shifted, gritting her teeth as she felt the cold metal bit into her skin drawing a small amount of blood and kicked the best on the underside cursing as her leg vibrated from the blow, thank god her boots were steel toed or she was sure she would be in plenty of pain. Reaching into the pouch on her side she took out one of her scaples and drove it into the beasts leg where she saw a patch of circuits exposed. The monster wailed and took a step back giving her the chance to flip backwards bringing the heel of her boot into the underside of it's jaw making it stumble to the side. Landing on her feet she bolted to the left and than swept her feet low catching one of the legs and sending the massive beast onto its side. Taking her chance she dashed away pushing her self as she felt blood running down her stomach and did a front hand spring over a log and landed ingloriously infront of Arch and Maya who whimpered and was about to scream when Duo clamped a hand over her mouth. Once she was sure Maya knew who she was she let go and looked at Archie.
"I have to go back for the others and let them know that Maya and you are safe."
Taking out another surgical knife she attached it to her boot and did the same with another knife and her other boot. Satisfied she didn't give either the old man or the young girl time to argue with her before she sprinted back through the snow and began her search for Julian first. Spotting him she ran, ducking and dodging the flying metal skidding to a halt beside him.
"Julian, you okay?!"
She saw his eyes grow wide as he took in her injury.
"I should be asking you that?!"
"I'm fine, c'mon, we have to get out of here."
She dipped low and brought her left foot around swiftly kicking a piece of the tin roof away as it fell nearly on top of her straightening, her left foot held up straight above her head in a vertical split, her balance nearly perfect.
"Juls, move your ass! We're only human!"
She looked over at him expectantly. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=red]Graham zippped his hood up a little higher as he and the other seven searchers trucked through the deep snow to the north of the scrapcleaner. As much as he would of liked to head to the south the way Duo wasnt he knew his job wouldnt let him. Snow flew at them as the wind ripped at their clothes tryingot find a way in. His favorite wrench and another of the same size where strapped to his thighs and a welding wrench was tied ot hsi pack. He always carried most the tools and equipment they used since he knew he could bear the load and never complained once. Hours passed as they hiked towards the caves.

After about their sixth hour of humping he held up his hand as they neared the bend and motioned with his hand. Two men came running up to him and knelt beside him ."I want you too to get as close as you can and see what is going on then report back to me" The two men disappeared into the blizzard as the others hunkered down in the drifts. An hour and a half passed and both same freaked out of their mind. Graham listened to their report. "Alright lets move out" They neared the cave and took in the sight. Frozen blood covered the sides and mouth of the cave, human body parts were littered here and there frozen solid. Two of the guys behind him bent over and began puking their brains out as Graham entered the cave. "Laterns" Suddenly the cave lit up as they cautiously made their way through trying not to get demoralized by the gruesome scene in frot of them. Graham stopped as something in the corner gleamed from the light.

He walked over and fear took hsi breath as he took in the killing machine. The saws in the mouth and spiky whip like tail. At least the others were gone according to the prints in blood they left behind. A sudden whirring of blades caught their ears followed by a cry of pain. Graham spun around to see one of his men caught in the jaws of one of the wolflike scraps. "Fuck" He had hoped they wouldt be here. He finally got his courage as he pulled off one of his wrenchs and charged the peice as it mauled the poor man to death. A feirce inward swing caught the beast right in the jaw sending the outward blade off its tracks and intot he roof of the beasts mouth. Sparks flew as it tore into circuits destroying the side of its face. It leaped back as its single eye turned to Graham then let out a howl, which was answered by two more.

"We got two more to the rear" Graham kept his eyes on the already injured one. "I got this one you take care of the others." The men dropped their packs and armed themselves with the tools they brought. The one in front of Graham lept towards him snarling fiercly. His instincts kicked in causing him to fall flat on his back and swing the wrench outward hitting the beast directly in the face again. He pulled out his other wrench and thrust in right in the exposed belly getting it snagged on to whatever he could. The beast let out a wild yelp as it rolled off to the side sparks flying fromt he wrench in its workings throwing everything off.

IT gave one last snarl before it collapsed. Graham smiled to himself before the shouting and screaming came back to his ears. He spun around to see only two men left standing one of the wolves down and the other ripping apart a man's body sending a spray of blood across the walls. "Shit"[/color]

Archimedes tore the sling from his arm, and pulled Maya down as a huge gear flew at their heads.
"DAMMIT!"
Looking at the fights, he struck his fist against the ground in anger.
"Dammit! They're doing exactly what those things want! They're separating, they have to work together! If they let themselves get herded around, those monsters will just pick them off one by one!"

Julian smirked. "We can take these things down, we just got to use our heads."

The Scrap that had taken off after Rose was still no where to be seen, but there were several more, and they were beginning to group together. Julian peered around, looking for anything and everything he could use. The crates Maya had hidden behind... Maybe?

He looked at the camera eyes of the scraps. There was the one focused on him, and then another was approaching Duo. Perhaps thse two could be used against one another? If they could at least divide the scraps up, they had a better chance. It was an idea, and a long shot at best. These things knew how to kill, but not much else. They were rather like sharks or wolves, from what he had read.

"Circle around the building! Meet me on the other side!"

Julian ducked, and ran the opposite way, having no fears as Maya and Archie were no longer in the building. Jullian's feet pounded along the concrete, his knife in hia hand at his side. His eyes caught sight of the crates May had hidden behind, and how they were only held up by the tarp that had been pinned over them They were leaning, and Julian saw it as his way to at least slow the one on his tail down. He ducked down, his knife cutting through the old ropes like a hot knife through butter. The pile of crates leaned over more, and Julian took a flying leap, the crates toppling over onto the scrap Julian raced ahead, hoping Duo had done what he had asked. The scrap ripped it's way out of the pile of broken crates, Julian turning on his heels to see it. The camera eye was still intact, however there was now peice of metal gleaming in it, jutting froma chink in the armor. Julian thanked his lucky stars, it wasn't as agile or mobile now. However, it was still just as deadly. Julian spun around again, taking off to the side of the building where he just prayed Duo would show up....