OtakuBoards

Things you were wrong about.

Sara

[size=1]When I was little, I remember my mom and dad commenting about someone's car, and how it needed a new muffler. It was winter, and we had lots of winter accessories (hats, gloves, scarves) around the house, so I thought we should just offer those people one of our extra scarves.

I also remember thinking that everyone had to have braces when they were a teenager. Like, you would turn thirteen, and then [i]they[/i] would take you away and put braces in your mouth, and you had to keep them until you were twenty. I was [i]terrified[/i] of being a teenager.

What were you wrong about as a kid?[/size]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=trebuchet ms] When I was in 4th grade I read [i]Animal Farm[/i] (my sister had to read it for school and I took the book during an airplane ride). My sister asked me what happened to Boxer, to which I said "they buried him :')", and then she told me what really happened. :|

Also I thought the only way people "lost weight" was if someone cut them open and took out their fat.[/font]

I thought that the bones you had were all you would get. If you broke one, they'd cut it off and replace it with a robot that would eat away at your brain.

I thought I could fly like Mary Poppins and jumped off a jungle gym with my open umbrella.

I thought I could get rid of failed tests that needed to be signed by putting them under the bed for the monster to eat.

[quote name='Lunox'][FONT=trebuchet ms]Also I thought the only way people "lost weight" was if someone cut them open and took out their fat.[/FONT][/quote]
With our fat lazy society that is quickly becoming a reality...

I thought that my fievel doll was alive because it moved from the floor to my bed...turned out it was only my parents (sad realization).

I thought that the animals from Milo and Otis were trained to talk.

I wouldn't eat my vegetables, not because they were gross, but because if I was what I ate I wanted to become a cow before an inatimate stalk of celery.

The worst was I actually believed if you put your mind to it you could be whatever you wanted to be.

I thought religious restraint was respectable.

I thought the military wouldn't be [i]too[/i] bad.

I thought I could never be completely happy just doing music.

I thought drunkeness was for the stupid.

I also thought weed was for the stupid.

I thought all Muslims spoke Arabic.

I thought Alexander the Great's name was actually Alexander.

-Justin

I thought getting a Bachelors Degree would open up more doors for me than an Associates Degree.

I also thought when you met that special person you would stay with them forever. Seriously. My mentality was why would you meet them only to lose them.

I thought, like all little girls, that I was special.

aww.. people are getting depressing! you are all special... like everyone else!

I thought that cave men lived with the dinosaurs.

I thought that if you played with matches you started forest fires.

I thought that playdoe looked tasty.

...i was not a clever boy....

[quote name='Axel Alloy']When I was a wee nipper, I used to think you'd get pregnant by just sitting next to someone in bed. :P That, or if the poked your belly button with their finger.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I thought masturbation could get you pregnant O_O[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='chibi-master']
I thought I could fly like Mary Poppins and jumped off a jungle gym with my open umbrella. [/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]This.

I had also heard when I was a young'n that carrots were good for your eyes. Naturally, I used to try to shove carrots into my eyes so that I could see better. Hmm.

I also thought a million dollars wasn't very much money... like, at all.

I was also convinced that music could never make any kind of mathematical sense. Being a music major has ruined that sense of ignorance for me....... entirely.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='vegeta rocker']No, you are wrong now. Play Do is very tasty! Kind of salty and tangy if you ask me.[/quote]

See! this is the kind of stuff that gets you banned! haha

oh! i forgot a good one
I thought jellow was frozen Kool-aid.
I must have tried letting it warm up and freezing it four times.

[quote name='CaNz']I thought that playdoe looked tasty.[/QUOTE][size=1]I was once at a relative's house as a child, and they had made their own playdough. No big deal, we made it at my house, too, sometimes.

The thing is, instead of using food coloring, they colored their with [i]Kool-aid[/i].

It smelled [i]so[/i] good. I kept surreptitiously licking my fingers, hoping to be rewarded with sweet, grapey goodness... only to be tragically disappointed (every time!) when it tasted like salt.

The Kool-aid playdough still haunts my dreams.[/size]

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I thought masturbation could get you pregnant O_O[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]This.

I had also heard when I was a young'n that carrots were good for your eyes. Naturally, I used to try to shove carrots into my eyes so that I could see better. Hmm.

I also thought a million dollars wasn't very much money... like, at all.

I was also convinced that music could never make any kind of mathematical sense. Being a music major has ruined that sense of ignorance for me....... entirely.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

Maybe that's why I didn't stick to my music major. Just couldn't handle the math. Then I tried audio engineering and discovered it was all physics. No wonder I ended up with a degree in religion.

I remember when I was young I though Marylin Manson was a woman.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I can remember thinking I was going to be just like certain super hero's when I grew up. That was, of course, before I was old enough to realize that such things were fiction. [/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]I am [i]totally[/i] a superhero. Not quite the one I was expecting to be, but a superhero nevertheless.[/size]

When i was little, i thought my stuffed animals and toys were alive, because i just KNEW that Disney's Toy Story wouldn't lie to me. I used to try to catch them moving. I never could. xD

I also thought that every lady gets pregnant when they turn 20, whether or not they wanted a baby.

I used to think that there was only 2 different tacos you could get at taco bell. Crunchy and soft.

[quote name='kittens 3']I used to think that there was only 2 different tacos you could get at taco bell. Crunchy and soft.[/QUOTE][size=1]Oh, man! I remember the first time I got a seven-layer burrito. It blew my [i]mind.[/i][/size]

[font="arial"][size="1"]

There was a Disney movie, I currently can't remember which, where the evil villianess pulls off her false eyelashes. I always thought that if I tugged on the ends of my realy eyelashes that they would come off in one continuous line.

I also thought that rainbows were solid objects.

[/size][/font]

I thought you pooped out babies. Age 15 - Well, you know.

I thought I could marry someone I didn't love. Age 15 - I realized I am selective.

I thought I was smart. Age 19 - I realized I was smart enough to accept that I'm just not entirely stupid.

I thought my parents were perfect. Age 20 - I realized they were human.

I thought I was going to be a business woman. Age 21 - I realized I wanted to teach.

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Oh. I thought that black people were just really tan white people.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]There's an episode of Seinfeld where George didn't want to date a woman because she was too tan during winter. I haven't seen it since I was about 10, but back then I was absolutely convinced she was black.

I never really figured out which it was.[/color]