OtakuBoards

Shippuden on Toon Disney!?

HopefulOTaKu

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Shippuden is already marketed towards kids of the exact same demographic as the rest of Disney XD is. The only difference is that Japan lets kids see a little more blood than the US does. On top of that, all the actual dubbing will still be done by Viz, the same company that did the original Naruto's dub. And that one was airing on Cartoon Network basically uncut about a year ago.

Also, Shippuden is available for free and legally all over the internet. If you don't like what they do with the dub, there is pretty much nothing stopping you from just watching the subs online.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][quote name='Shinmaru']Naruto should team up with Donald and Goofy to beat the **** out of Sasuke. I would watch that. I'd vomit profusely afterward, but I'd watch it ...[/quote]Oh gosh... YES. I'd PAY to watch that. XD[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Shinmaru']Naruto should team up with Donald and Goofy to beat the **** out of Sasuke. I would watch that. I'd vomit profusely afterward, but I'd watch it ...[/quote][COLOR=Green][SIZE=1] THIS. Anyway, I've already poured my brain out about this topic, and I don't really feel like doing it again. You can read what I said in the comment box [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/news/view/982/naruto%2C_meet_spider-man_and_his%7Cyour_boss"]here[/URL]. You have to scroll down a bit, but the gigantic wall of green text is hard to miss.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shinmaru']Naruto should team up with Donald and Goofy to beat the **** out of Sasuke. I would watch that. I'd vomit profusely afterward, but I'd watch it ...[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Naruto in Kingdom Hearts wut?

Anyway. Yeah, if Disney does do a bit of editing, you can find the subbed version all over the internet. And there are a few legal ways to obtain the uncut English episodes already- like, iTunes, or, leGASP, BUYING THE DVD(volume 2 on sell later this month, I think).[/COLOR][/FONT]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="My Lullaby"][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Heaven's Light/Hellfire"][/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][COLOR="#862A51"]I dare you to watch either of those, and then come back and try to tell me that Disney cannot do mature themes. I [i][b]dare[/i][/b] you.

And if you're still not convinced, then the stuff Disney distributes/owns [Pixar, Miramax] would like to have a few words with you.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

im still laughing about goofy kicking some ninja ***, and if you have ever seen the perfect cast, you must know that no jutsu stands a chance.

personally, and this might just be because i started playing Fable II
Disney is buying all the most popular entertainment sources.
It is great buisness.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I like this idea just a tad better than the other. Though I'd get a kick out of seeing either one. :D[/FONT][/QUOTE]

My idea is best because it pisses off Sasuke fantards (who don't want Sasuke beaten up), Naruto fantards (who don't want Naruto to have anything to do with Disney) and Disney fantards (the same, except reversed). A win-win situation for everyone who enjoys a good laugh.

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Shinmaru']My idea is best because it pisses off Sasuke fantards (who don't want Sasuke beaten up), Naruto fantards (who don't want Naruto to have anything to do with Disney) and Disney fantards (the same, except reversed). A win-win situation for everyone who enjoys a good laugh.[/quote]Naturally. Pity we'll never see either one. Unless we're really lucky.

Overall though, fussing over it being on Toon Disney just makes me laugh. Though perhaps it's easy for me since I don't follow the show anyway.[/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Naturally. Pity we'll never see either one. Unless we're really lucky.

Overall though, fussing over it being on Toon Disney just makes me laugh. Though perhaps it's easy for me since I don't follow the show anyway.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]I think they're fussing over it due to editing issues. They're already whining because they think TD/DXD's going to heavily edit everything.

I've thought about checking it out, but then again I think I'll pass. All the stuff I've put up with in the series I don't think I'm willing to go through it again.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Shippuden is already marketed towards kids of the exact same demographic as the rest of Disney XD is. The only difference is that Japan lets kids see a little more blood than the US does. On top of that, all the actual dubbing will still be done by Viz, the same company that did the original Naruto's dub. And that one was airing on Cartoon Network basically uncut about a year ago.

Also, Shippuden is available for free and legally all over the internet. If you don't like what they do with the dub, there is pretty much nothing stopping you from just watching the subs online.[/FONT][/quote]

Very true, I watch it all the time online legally and it's such fun. :)

But, no I didn't even know it was going to be on Toon Disney O-o

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=navy]So I decided to put myself through the torture anyway and check them out.

These edits are definately not as bad as people make them out to be. Especially, considering that it is on a disney channel after all. (Do people really think there won't be anything that gets edited?) It puts me in the mindset of when Naruto was running on Cartoon Network.

My main concern is dialogue. I didn't have much of an issue with it in these first four episodes, but one can't help but get a little uneasy considering I thought the dialogue in part 1 was pretty poor. Deidara's voice's not what I'd expected, but I suppose it fits.

Animation was pretty decent for the most part.

It's pretty decent overall though.

To those who've seen the filler. How's the fighting? I don't watch them because most of them are generally based on comedy instead of fighting. Not to mention the piss-poor artwork / animation. Are they worth watching?[/size][/color]

I watched all the new episodes and It was okay. There were some key things that were edited, like Konahamoru did a "cute jutsu" instead of a sexy jutsu and you could barely tell what he was because of the clouds, but that's not as annoying as how they barely ever say the word "kill" anymore.
Kakashi says something along the lines of 'to get these bells you have to come at me trying to destroy me' instead of 'kill me' and there are other cases too. I think that the word destroy and kill are very different things. and considering that there is actually death in Naruto, it's kinda stupid to replace it with destroy. but that's just my opinion.
All and all, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

• 3 weeks later...
Personally the minute the man beast told me about that I became irate. Disney has no buisness being near anime. Ever. Dumb it down just like they do everything else. Edit virtually everything out. Ugh... Cartoon Network failed when they dropped that into Disneys lap...

This is why I refuse to watch it on tv now. Just wait for the unedited dvd's to come out and in the meantime watch the unedited goodness online.

>.<

[size=1][color=navy]Over-react much?

Again I ask do people really expect these shows to go unedited? I mean if you knew from day one that Disney was going to be airing Naruto, then you should know that it will be edited... [b]It's a kids channel[/b]. Seriously, outside of a few word changes, it's basically the same thing CN would've done. (DBZ anyone?)

But going for the dvd's is your best bet if you want unedited material. I'm just not willing to buy anything that is Naruto :). (Not like it's all that great anyway)[/size][/color]

Eh its not that I don't expect them to edit things. Its that Disney has a way of over doing it. And they'll do it gradually. To be honest I don't see why they took it in the first place.

Granted CN did their editing too. But Disney editing vs CN are two different things. The Mouse tends to have a tighter stricter viewpoint on whats ok and not ok.

But like I said I always have the webbernets.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hoo boy, here we go.[/FONT]

[quote name='AnbuKira13']Personally the minute the man beast told me about that I became irate. Disney has no buisness being near anime. Ever.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Every Studio Ghibli movie ever dubbed would like to have a word with you.[/FONT]

[quote name='AnbuKira13']Dumb it down just like they do everything else.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Bambi's Mother Bites the Dust"]-eHr-9_6hCg[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]It was the year 1942. Thousands of children nationwide were scarred for life after this scene broke up what was otherwise a lighthearted, adorable family film.

This is possibly subjective, but I don't think many people would consider the death of any main character's mother an example of "dumbing it down." Also: See above video evidence courtesy of Sangome, featuring a priest singing about rape and a mother coaxing her children to murder.[/FONT]

[quote name='AnbuKira13']Edit virtually everything out.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And at this point, I'm going to call [URL="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitlexxpmjrh25rbg"][COLOR="Blue"]complaining about shows you don't watch.[/COLOR][/URL] See, I've actually seen Disney XD's air versions of the show. It's [I]exactly the same as it was on CN.[/I] Aside from [I]very[/I] minor violence/risque content edits (Deidara got his arm crushed, but didn't bleed, Jiraiya's books aren't as heavily implied to be smut,) it's identical. Kakashi even said the word "kill" at one point. You'd be hard-pressed to find another cartoon on US airwaves that can get away with that and isn't [B]Avatar[/B]. [B]EDIT:[/B] Haha yeah, [B]Family Guy[/B], [B]South Park[/B], etc. Don't count.[/FONT]

[quote name='AnbuKira13']Ugh... Cartoon Network failed when they dropped that into Disneys lap...[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]CN had little to no say in the matter. They stopped distributing because [B]Naruto[/B] wasn't pulling in those monster ratings anymore (likely because of the filler hell that the last season or two basically consist of.) Viz needed a distributor, and Disney volunteered. You want to complain about "letting it happen," blame Viz.[/FONT]

[quote name='AnbuKira13']This is why I refuse to watch it on tv now. Just wait for the unedited dvd's to come out and in the meantime watch the unedited goodness online.

>.<[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Your choice. Just try not to blow a gasket over it, yes?[/FONT]

Blow a gasket? So because it annoys me Disney has it that means I've lost it? Yeah no.

Yeah I know it's Viz's choice, and CN would be a bit uneasy due to the large number of fillers from the older episodes. Fillers can kill a series if they either last too long or suck. Unfortunately, as much as I do love the series, even I can admit they lasted too long and had more "eh" episodes than good ones.

I simply don't see it being a good fit. And I'd rather see it how it was made to be seen. As far as "complaining about show's I don't watch." I checked it for a few minutes the other day, figuring eh may as well look. And then shut it off. It irritates me. Nothing more nothing less. So whatever.

Movies mentioned? One made 62 years ago not recently. One that wasn't even released in theaters because they knew it was a pile, Simba's Pride. And one that while it was in theaters didn't do amazingly well, Hunchback. Oh yeah that reminds me... Bambi one of their "classics" they dumbed down with their version of adding to the story to make it more of a spunky happy sort of thing. You know erase the "OMG HIS MOMMA DIED!" memories of that scene by turning it into the following...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fofVHg-QdE[/url]

I dunno if they still show the scene, mainly because I haven't watched it, and frankly I really don't care to either. Its still an example of how they dumb things down. Their "classic" movie turned into that.

At any rate, I still see it as being a bad match. Period. And much like I've already mentioned twice before now, webbernets yes. Tv no.