OtakuBoards

The Thanksgiving Thread!

chibi-master

Oh crap, I'm falling behind! Well, go ahead and talk about what you did for Veterans Day as well here!

Aaanyway, what do you have planned for Thanksgiving? I'm going to stay home and gorge myself. And then cry about gorging myself. Heck. Maybe I should just skip eating altogether.:animedepr

Also, some Thanksgiving recipes might be nice, too!:catgirl:

So get with it, people! You know the drill!

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Alright guys, time to pack up and leave. None of us can top that.

Anyway, we're having it at our house this year, so I'll probably just eat. And stuff. And watch Macy's Parade, although I highly doubt anything will be able to top [U][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWw46X-83xs"]last year's[/URL][/U].[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, last year I had to spend it away from friends and family. So I got one of those Thanksgiving meals from some restaurant and that was it. :animedepr

But this year, I'm happy to say I'll be with family. So yay for homecooked Thanksgiving dinners! :animesmil

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Alright guys, time to pack up and leave. None of us can top that.

Anyway, we're having it at our house this year, so I'll probably just eat. And stuff. And watch Macy's Parade, although I highly doubt anything will be able to top [U][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWw46X-83xs"]last year's[/URL][/U].[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
[SIZE="1"]I agree. Nothing will be able to top that.

I'm not getting to go home for Thanksgiving,but I want to go home, mainly because my little brother keeps on telling me everytime we talk on the phone that he wishes I was there.
Thus, I'm going to my boyfriend's.First time I get to meet his [I]whole[/I] family. Joys.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Indi][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I'm getting married that weekend. [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]That.

Everyone is going to be meeting up that weekend though so we're still going to have Thanksgiving. It's going to be mad crazy fun with my family, hers and some of my relatives getting together for the traditional feast and then for our wedding on Saturday. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I'm going to a relative's In-Law's for Thanksgiving dinner. Holidays aren't big in my family, the last get together was at my house after my Nana's funeral. My grandfather died a few years ago, and since his wife is a heartless being of suffereing and oppresion, we don't have holiday dinner over there.

I personally hate the holidays, always have. But I do miss those times, at least I saw my family. Now the only time I get to see my family is at random birthday parties. Well, my aunt from Arkansas is coming up for a few weeks. So most likely my mother will be frantic for a get together.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I'm going to come home that Tuesday evening. My only definite plans include seeing my ridiculous family (ridiculous is probably an understatement =\) & groveling to the new GM for my job over Christmas break.

Things that should hopefully happen:
?Coffee date with the best friend
?Another coffee date with the best friend
?One more coffee date with the best friend
?Studying
?Seeing the boyfran.
?Not killing my parents.
?Not killing my ridiculous familly.
?Etc.

Also, I dislike turkey.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I'll do what I do every year. Have Thanksgiving dinner with my family and then doing some black Friday shopping. I don't really go for anything specific, it's just a fun thing I do with my sister since we often get a bite to eat and chat about everything under the sun. :catgirl:[/COLOR][/FONT]

Hmm... well for the time being wait to see if the Army is gonna give us our orders so we can get out of Georgia. We probably wont be able to do anything for Thanksgiving just cuz of that. Kinda sucks, first time I have ever not had family time for Thanksgiving but eh we can't afford to buy all that food if were just gonna be leaving at any random moment they decided to finally draw up paperwork like they should have two months ago.

So for me and the man beast it's nothing but pack and twiddle our thumbs lol!

Well nevermind waiting for orders. Were stuck here. So the hubby and I are just gonna make the best of it and cook some food. Got some other soldiers from the base coming over to eat with us too, since they can't get time off to see family we figured it would be nice to let em come over and have dinner with us. :animesmil

Happy thanks giving! ....still doesnt feel like it since i havent slept yet... but i will be cooking all of today soo i probably wont be on... and i am guessing most of you wont be here too.. anyways i am going to type what i am gonna say after i eat a bunch of turkey...

"I am leaving now...I'm sleepy."

[SIZE="1"]I'm going to my dad's girlfriend's house today. Unfortunately her four kid's will be there aswell. Seventeen being the oldest, great. Not much of a fan of her either. ¬_¬

From there my brother and I will be driving to our mom's, she's going to make chili so I'm looking forward to that. I don't want turkey twice. I really can't eat much though, except meat and veggies, because I have a fight Dec. 5th, so I have to maintain my current weight.[/SIZE]