OtakuBoards

Tiger Woods: Humiliations Galore

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So as I'm sure some of you have heard by now, Tiger Woods crashed his SUV not only into a Fire Hydrant, but also into a tree. This is after an 'altercation' with his wife during which she apparently smashed his bumper with a golf club and slashed his face with her woman nails.

Now news has come out that he had been having many affairs with many women of varying levels of hotness. Are we surprised? Should we care? Is this going to negatively impact his career? Is he finished?

Was he ever really your role model?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=navy]Last I heard, those were just rumors, but then again, going out at 2:00 in the morning don't look good... "shrugs" But I'm one of those that don't care.

"Because it leapt out in front of him." LMAO[/size][/color]

[size=1]Only a handful of major sports stars seem to stay faithful to their spouses, so this doesn't come as a major shock. I had been wondering why the story of the car accident had been receiving so much press attention, but now that I hear about the adultery and abuse allegations it makes a lot more sense.

He's still a good golfer, though. This might effect some of his sponsorships, but at the end of the day he's one of the most marketable 'athletes' in the world. Tiger Woods is bulletproof.

-Shy[/size]

[size=1][color=navy]Just heard on the news that Woods is being fined for $164 (I think) for wreckless driving. No other charges are being filed. Guess that ends all that stuff.

Maybe it was because "it leapt out in front of him".... I find that funny for some reason.[/size][/color]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='chibi-master']Why is it anyone's business what was going on in his personal life? Why does anyone care? What is the point of airing out his dirty laundry in front of anyone with a television set?![/quote]Welcome to the realm of sensationalism and useless info on TV. =P[/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]This is why I think people just need to stop giving a damn. People get angry or offended when celebrities do something stupid, like it's wrong that they made a mistake of any sort. They're people. They're not perfect. And quite frankly, their lives off of their respective playing fields (or other working venues) are none of our business.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=crimson]The news of this hit right around when Obama announced his intention to send more troops to Afghanistan but I swear for the life of me I saw more about Tiger Woods that day than the troop surge.

I did read an interesting news article about how Tiger's choice of mistresses/women [read:all white] was being 'widely discussed' in black communities. I'm not sure if that's true or not, though.[/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium]It doesn't surprise me that this is newsworthy (because, well...it kind of is). But it's just not something I care about at all.

Apart from the fact that I'm not remotely interested in golf...even if I were, I think it's necessary to separate someone's personal life from their professional life. I mean, I don't go to work and find out all about what my co-workers are doing in their relationships. I just don't care and I don't see it as relevant to how well they perform at work.

Obviously this is a bit different due to sponsorship and so on, but still...it's really something for Tiger to work out with his wife.

The saddest part about the whole thing, I think, is that his wife has really been horribly embarassed. I feel very bad for what she's experiencing at the moment.[/font]

[quote name='chibi-master']Why is it anyone's business what was going on in his personal life? Why does anyone care? What is the point of airing out his dirty laundry in front of anyone with a television set?![/quote]

Because this is America and the only thing worthy of news apparently is that garbage, oh yeah and anytime Britney Spears goes shopping... It sadly keeps the public entertained and constantly hypnotized. Rather pathetic...

>.< I personally hate hearing all of it too. Magazines, news, tv in general... Really getting sick of hearing about Twilight and the cast of it blah blah blah... Only amusing thing bout that is made of felt and had me laughing for about an hour.

Hmm regardless I do agree with the statement of the saddest part being Tigers wife having to deal with all of this out in the open. Course no one reporting on it really cares. Invasion of such personal matters is the key to ratings and getting that story.

[SIZE="1"][B]James[/B] good sir, I love your avatar. I'm happy to see some DBZ back on OB. Lol

I didn't even know the story until I got on OB, everytime its on I turn the channel. I hate hearing about celebrities lives, there are so many other important issues in this world.

I also think they get paid way too much money for what they do. Acting, athletes, whatever, they get paid this crazy amount of money. Its rediculous. But that would be a whole diffrent conversation.[/SIZE]