OtakuBoards

New Year's Thread FTW

chibi-master

Okay, since it's Christmas, I can TOTALLY put this up now. Once you've gotten sober enough after all the eggnog and Christmas joy to think about it, go ahead and tell about plans, traditions, your favorite part, whatever!

I am going to sit at home drinking apple cider. I will also be contemplating in my head just how accurate or not accurate the ball drop may be. My favorite part about New Year's is the apple cider...:catgirl:

i am travelling 800 miles to a place in northern california... so far north that it hurts...
but i have family up there that i have had a new years tradition with for about 12 years now. and since i am 20 it is quite a big deal to me.

really hoping i can find someone to kiss.

My family's planning on cooking some kind of ultra yummy food, although I forget exactly what. We're not really party-goers, so it's all happenin' at home. Maybe we'll end up playing some games together, I dunno.
As you can see, we don't have much of any plans. :whoops:

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="times new roman"]At last count I've been invited to a total of three parties so far, with probably another one coming up as soon as it's announced.

I can't really decide which one so I'll probably dress up in a floor length black cowl neck dress and stiletto heels and tiptoe from party to party as usual.

OR

I'll put on my leather jacket, body suit, jeans, and knee length boots and braid my hair and go to a biker bar with my boyfriend and then go for a midnight ride with him and the other members of the crew.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I imagine I'll probably spend it with my parents, siblings and whatever relatives turn up to our house that evening as is the usual tradition with cards, music and alcohol being the entertainment to ring in the new decade.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]As for New Years [I]Eve[/I]...well, I have no idea.

New Years [I]Day[/I]? I might [I][B]finally[/B][/I] be able to see The Princess and the Frog. <3[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Go go awesome movie of win.

I'm at a party with my buds ATM. It's rather low-key, other than the awkward dialog.

Tomorrow GameCrazy is having a sale on some pretty awesome games, and [B]Dragon Quest IV DS[/B] is one of 'em. Ten bucks. I'm definitely gonna try to get that.[/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Well, looks like every New Year's Eve is going to be a tradition of beating a game I reeeeeally need to beat. Last year was Tales of the Abyss, this year was Final Fantasy VII.

Still got about fifteen minutes before I actually hit the new year here.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A HANGOVER HAS NEVER FELT SO GOOD.

I went to my college town last night to a party with my friend Kassia. I spent the day there with my friends Evan & Kevin, smoking hooka & being really boring.

At the party, I drank a bottle of white wine & a shot of some icky vodka & some champagne, & I kissed Kassia at midnight. It was darling!

Then I went back to Evan & Kevin's house where I called boyfriend & then fell asleep on the couch. At 5 I woke up yelling at Evan/Kevin because they were still awake. Then I fell back asleep, & now I'm hungover & home!

Happy 2010![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='chibi-master']Happy New Year's, everybody! Make sure you look at the full moon! It's a blue moon, and blue moons only occur on New Year's Eve every 19 years!:catgirl:[/QUOTE][SIZE="1"]I always knew 19 was a good number. ;]

I slept through the New Year, woke up a half an hour later, got on chat, played Guild Wars with Beth for an hour, and then promptly stayed up all night. I may have messed up my sleeping habits. > >;;

Hopefully 2010 is as good as 2009 was. Happy New Year everyone.
(New year for a new graphic worm! :D)[/SIZE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]And I ended up spending it asleep. My cold that I thought was gone, merely got worse and turned into a full throat infection. :animesigh

So I went to the doctor since I couldn't stop coughing. End result, the medicine to keep me from coughing keeps knocking me out. On the plus side, I am at least finally starting to feel a lot better. [/FONT]

[COLOR=#35435e][size=1][quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]And I ended up spending it asleep. My cold that I thought was gone, merely got worse and turned into a full throat infection. :animesigh[/FONT][/QUOTE]So no cold, fizzy drinks for you too, huh?

The original plan was to sleep until 11:30, but I stayed up cleaning my room and watching fireworks til about 15 minutes to midnight. Just before 12, we scattered coins on every corner of the house. It's something we do to ensure that the family is well-provided in the coming year. Also, we opened all doors and windows to let the old, bad spirits out ([i]yeah, I know[/i]) and the good vibes in.

First time to see a full moon plus fireworks in a clear night sky! 'Twas an A+ evening![/size][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, my original assessment was so wrong that I have to post about what really happened. Which to be honest isn't so bad. Although at the time I was remarkably miserable.

I changed my outfit three times from not casual to casual because I couldn't breathe in the turtleneck that shrunk in the wash. I ended up looking like some kind of insane French photographer without a camera and cigarette. Knee length boots, khaki pants tucked into them, trench coat and brown long sleeved t-shirt.

So we showed up at a warehouse party that was shut down by the fire marshals. Just as we got into the line. And I was particularly mad about this because I had found great parking, and as we all know, when you find good parking in a heavily crowded city setting, it's something to relish.

Instead my boyfriend dragged me on a wild goose chase through the city while I DROVE! IN A STICK SHIFT! UP HILL AND DOWN HILL! You could say I became mildly hysterical about the whole thing and would've crashed my car into the nearest boat but we had a passenger and I liked her. Killing redheads is bad luck.

We ended up at Pier 39 eating pretty good seafood and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls. Then we walked to the pier to watch the fireworks and five minutes before the new year I sprouted a spectacular bloody nose which I quickly caught with napkins. This went on right up until the end and stopped just in time, which I am going to take as a good omen. We saw about 90% of the fireworks due to fat tall college boys standing thoughtlessly in front of us, and that was actually worthwhile. Then my boyfriend was obliged to pay 40 dollars for 2 hours of parking.

The End.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Eh new years here was rather tame. We did have a friend over for some drinking and such but we didn't get to go out. Kinda dunno much still about the town were in now so we didn't know where to go out to lol!

Also really sucked trying to get alcohol. We had to drive like 20 miles out of town to find a liquor store. GO TEXAS!! :P They also asked us for two forms of ID since ours are out of state. Apparently in Texas Colorado ID's look fake. XD