OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

[color=darkslateblue] *string of curse words* I had [i]no[/i] idea that the FMA movie was available on the internet. I almost exploded when I read the posts some of you guys made in this thread. And also felt like an idiot.

Ok, well.

It's taken as true that there will be four OAVs released. One's a complete chibi episode, another is new scenes that go along with the main anime...and there are several rumors concerning the other two. Some people say another will be about present-day Ed, but I have no idea.

There's some crack rumor about a second series and a second movie, but everyone's pretty convinced that they're...crack.

Interesting little tidbit I found for anyone who's bored:
[url]http://community.livejournal.com/fm_alchemist/4163276.html#cutid1[/url][/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=darkslateblue]
Interesting little tidbit I found for anyone who's bored:
[url]http://community.livejournal.com/fm_alchemist/4163276.html#cutid1[/url][/color][/QUOTE]
ROY is Sakura!? *dies laughing*

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is how much I loved Al in the movie. He was so, [i]so[/i] cute and adorable and utterly endearing,* to the point that I was ready to declare him the real star.

*Not to mention [spoiler]insanely powerful! Ed definitely could not perform that level of alchemy when he was a thirteen-year-old...[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

Guest Stafal-chan
hmm...movies...dammit... i was watching FMA on TV...i really dun feel like buyin the movie but still... *ponders* should i buy it...is it worth getting it??? hmm the ending was okay but i was mad cuz i dun like Al...and in my opinion [spoiler] Al got lucky by getting to be on the side with all the ppl they knew... Ed got screwed over...[/spoiler] Al just annoys the hell outta me...like through most of the show he never ceased to tick me off...he always seemed to screw something up...

My impression of the series was that it's usually the other way around... Ed gets reckless or screws up, and Al has to help him out. I like both of them, anyway.

On a different note, [url=http://videovault.diamondcomics.com/update/apr_06/APR064256.jpg][u]here's[/u][/url] a picture of the third FMA tin. Hot stuff. I assume that the other side will feature the remaining Homunculi, or at least most of them (maybe not Greed).

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Now here is something that is slightly intresting,

While I was doing my Latin homework I came across a certain word, the thing about this word was that it was Homunculus. It had no special markings over it either, it was spelled exactly like that. Before I just burst out laughing I went to look at the translation of what exactly the word is in latin. Apparently, it means Little man, pip-squeak. I find the irony in this to great no?

About the movie though I think that the whole reason I ...obtained the video was just from the [spoiler]Gluttony V. Wrath fight[/spoiler] That felt like the whole purpose of the movie to me, it was rather bloddy though...which made me like it that much more.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] I just finished watching the FMA movie. Some words to describe my feelings: HOLY %@*$ BEST ANIME MOVIE EVER.

Ok, not the best, because there is no best, but that was [i]up there[/i]. It totally reaffirmed my fangirlish side over FMA.

My ramble over how amazing this movie was.

1. Everyone who finishes the FMA series must watch this. Watch it or weep. No kidding.

2. [spoiler] Wrath vs. Gluttony = I love Wrath and totally forget about how I used to hate him. It's so amazing, to see such humanism in a character that was completely brainwashed with anger before. Love. LOVELOVELOVELOVE. [/spoiler]

3. [spoiler] I adore how the movie stayed true to the very core of FMA, which is basically the love between Ed and Al. The scene when Ed cut off that part of the wing Roy, Al, and Ed were standing on killed me. It made me teary. When Al started screaming, I was going to explode. Even that tiny scene where Al's soul left from the armor, and he started while in bed? Yeah, I weeped inside, and I'm proud of it.

FMA is so hellishly amazing to encorporate so many themes into the series and effect you in so many ways, but you know that behind everything is just the relationship between two brothers. It hits me more than any anime series, or any other fandom for that matter, does. Except maybe Naruto. [/spoiler]

4. I [i]love[/i] Winry. In the beginning of the series, I thought she was pretty annoying, but everything she boils down to is a strong spirit. I can't imagine whatever she's going through. It must be touching to know such a strong love between people. Hawkeye, too. And Izumi. The women in FMA rock hard. [spoiler] Except the obvious two.[/spoiler]

5. [spoiler] Roy bustin' out his alchemy was teh shiz. [/spoiler]

And to top everything off. Why can't there be more anime series like FMA?! *cries*

[b]Edit:[/b] And to what Dagger said earlier [spoiler]about Al being strong?[/spoiler] HELLS YEAH! That kid is [i]talented[/i]. You could always tell from the FMA series that Al could probably pop Ed a new one if he really wanted to.

[url]http://cryogenia.livejournal.com/155498.html#cutid1[/url]
^ Another funny thing to read ONLY IF YOU'VE WATCHED THE FMA MOVIE. [/color]

[QUOTE=dark kitsune]I'm wondering if any of you watch it. I just finished watching episode 7 and damned if it didn't make me cry....

So anybody into this particular anime as much as me? From what I've seen so far this anime is incredible. The character development, plot and artwork are great.

If you haven't seen it yet...then get busy![/QUOTE]

I started watching the series kind of late in its running, when things were wrapping up. And now that the Cartoon Network aired the final episode this past Saturday, I can't wait to see the movie! I hope it comes out soon here in America. If anyone knows the date, please PM me.

For me, the very first episode I ever watched was the one with Nina, her dog, and her dad. I can't say anymore without spoiling it for someone I'm sure. Anyway, the episode completely surprised me because of...well, the episode was just plain sad and gruesome. It intrigued me and after that, I started watching more. And then I saw the episode titled "Warehouse 13" (I think), in which Mustang and company go searching for ghosts and a date for Jean Havoc. It's one of the funniest episodes in the history of anime, in my opinion, that can only be rivaled by the poetry episode in Peacemaker. I just love how the creators can combine so many genres into one anime, which gives you a little something of everything. It's a great mix. I never get bored watching it.

Guest Mayer
i watch FMA alot i love it !!!!!!

when i saw the last epsiode of the series i cried so badly it was sad :animecry:

I've also recently finished watching FMA. I've yet to see the film, though.

On the series:

The characters are very interesting. I liked following the story of the Elric brothers, as their different personalities and changes in character were used well. The tension between them about the failed transmutation made for some good development, I thought.

The plot was good, as once the 'search for the Stone' thing got going, I found the whole mythos about what the Philosopher's Stone was intriguing. The homunculi are excellant as characters and plot-devices. I read the title "Dante in the deep Forest" and thought "Hah! We're in Hell, aren't we?". Well, not really, but the 'embodiment of Sin' thing was a fun twist.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Ed's side of the ending until I've watched it again and got a better idea of what the heck went on. The 'Truth' was...most weird.

One thing that I didn't see coming, plot-wise was [spoiler]the Fuhrer being Pride. I mean, I'd guessed that the Homunculi had some kind of sway over the people of the country, but that particular revelation came out of the blue for me[/spoiler]. And also, the business with Roy [spoiler] effectively starting a coup. The prat. Yes, he wants revenge against the people who killed Hughes/destroyed several cities, but to give up everything he had...like that?[/spoiler] Then again, the fight between him and [spoiler]Pride[/spoiler] was awesome, if only because we see Mustang fighting with his back against the proverbial wall.

Oh, and on the fact that [spoiler]Mustang was shot, I'd heard it suggested that Hawkeye accidentally shot him when she was aiming for Archer. Granted she's supposed to be a great marksman, but she was desparate.[/spoiler] I mention this because I would have thought that anyone Archer wanted out of the way would be....removed. [spoiler]Especially at that range, and the state Mustang was in; on his feet, but missing his gloves.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Astraea][spoiler']Especially at that range, and the state Mustang was in; on his feet, but missing his gloves.[/spoiler][/quote]

[size=1]But do note that [spoiler]Mustang had drawn the alchemy circle on his hand with his own blood.[/spoiler]

Well, after watching the movie, I guess some of my assumptions of the end of the episode was wrong. One being that [spoiler]Gluttony never died afterall.[/spoiler] He was just kind of... deformed and [b]creepyxcore[/b]!! :animedepr So now, I am kind of starting to assume that [spoiler]Gluttony ate Dante?[/spoiler]

I do indeed love this series.
[/size]

[quote name='demonboy']And you couldn't figure that out from the first half of the last episode?[/quote]

[size=1]Well gee, sorry for my being a tad bit slow. I just didn't want to look into it too much, and it wasn't like there was a definate answer what happened to the both of them. So I kind of put two and two together after I watched the movie. ;) [/size]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue] I watched this movie not too long ago. I loved it. But it bothered me that I had to read the subtitles to understand it. And they messed up at some points, but I was still able to understand the movie. Yeah, it killed me when [spoiler]Ed seperated himself from Roy and Al, too. But when Al popped out of that suit of armor in the end, I had the biggest smile on my face. But I wish that they had ended up in their own world in the end, so that they could still use alchemy. Ed is no longer the Fullmetal Alchemist![/spoiler] :animedepr [/color][/font]

[quote name='Ray86][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue] I watched this movie not too long ago. I loved it. But it bothered me that I had to read the subtitles to understand it. And they messed up at some points, but I was still able to understand the movie. Yeah, it killed me when [spoiler]Ed seperated himself from Roy and Al, too. But when Al popped out of that suit of armor in the end, I had the biggest smile on my face. But I wish that they had ended up in their own world in the end, so that they could still use alchemy. Ed is no longer the Fullmetal Alchemist![/spoiler] :animedepr [/color'][/font][/quote]

[color=darkslateblue] *sigh* Yeah, the fangirl side of me [spoiler]totally wishes that Ed and Al were still in Amestris together. But I guess the fact that they end up in the other world is to prove their love for each other.[/spoiler][/color]

Guest bboy pyromaniac
[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Fullmetal alchemist is a really good anime today, too bad the season finished on Adult Swim, it was very original how they took alchemy and made it another somewhat of a different science where they use transmutation circles to change matter to w/e they wanted, also the characters were very well designed, also the series was very easy to understand (most of the time) i wonder when the next season will, well thts all for now folks! peace

>>PyRo<<[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest arc angel envy
[QUOTE=dark kitsune]I'm wondering if any of you watch it. I just finished watching episode 7 and damned if it didn't make me cry....

So anybody into this particular anime as much as me? From what I've seen so far this anime is incredible. The character development, plot and artwork are great.

heck yes i love fulmetal alchemist i have every episode on dvd :animesmil i love fullmetal alchemist it is my favorite show but inuyasha is a very close second :D

-----

the series was just so great i wish they would make another season yet sadly they will not :animecry: but it was great while it lasted!the plot was great if anyone feels the same as i do feel free to drop by here! :p

[color=navy][size=1]I merged your consecutive replies. In the future, please refrain from double-posting. Thanks!

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[quote name='arc angel envy']the series was just so great i wish they would make another season yet sadly they will not :animecry:[/quote]

Well, there is the movie. And they could probably find a way to continue the story beyond that. Even then, you still have the manga and the ending to the series was actually a very good one. I'm less sad that this show is ending and more sad that I don't think I'll see a show as wonderful for quite some time (Eureka 7 might fufill that requirement, but it won't be out until a month from now).

i was told it was already out by that i mean the movie...well i havent seen it but some of my friends have and to tell u this[spoiler] wrath dies in the movie but ed does leave the gate and finds al...[/spoiler] :catgirl:

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Kai123, I added spoiler tags to your post. Posting a spoiler without consideration for those who may not be as caught up as you are is rude and will not be tolerated in the Anime Lounge. [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]Click here to find out more about spoilers.[/URL] -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[quote name='Kai123]i was told it was already out by that i mean the movie...well i havent seen it but some of my friends have and to tell u this[spoiler] wrath dies in the movie but ed does leave the gate and finds al...[/spoiler'] :catgirl:[/quote]

Gee, thanks for the spoilers. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just got the first 8 volumes of the show on DVD, and I have to say that it holds up better on repeat viewing than I'd have ever thought. When I was watching the show on TV I was so wrapped up in making predictions that I missed some interesting bits of directing. You can definately see the director's origins in working with EVA is bits of the 2nd season. The pure emotional power of the characters, the main appealing trait of the series the first time around (other than the crazy unpredictable plot twists), comes through just as well the second time. It doesn't quite beat my all-time favorite Cowboy Bebop, but now I have to upgrade my ranking of the series from an A to an A+. I have a feeling that this series will go down in history as a classic once the hype dies down and the serious critical analysis comes in.

Guest samurigirllrf
Hello i just wanted to know if anyone knows why roy mustang is [spoiler]wearing a patch on his eye [/spoiler]in episode 51 and in the movie??????? i rewatched episode 51 3 times and still can figure it out :animestun .please help me. thnx

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][INDENT]samurigirllrf, I added spoiler tags to your post and I merged your thread with the official Fullmetal Alchemist thread. Please note that when you create a thread in Anime Lounge you need to follow the guidelines set in place. [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269]Click here for more information about posting in Anime Lounge.[/URL]
Not only that, your post is lacking in content and grammar. Because of this it can be very easily classified as spam. The continual posting of spam can result having your membership moderated or even banned. To prevent this from happening, please read the rules before continuing to post. [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Click here to read the rules.[/URL] -Arvi[/INDENT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Well there's some speculation towards this, some people think [spoiler] Archer shot him when he confronted him while others think Riza Hawkeye shot through Archers body, accidentally hitting Roy. In my opinion it's the first one, otherwise what would be the point in Archer turning up?[/spoiler]

[quote name='Flame_Alchemist]Well there's some speculation towards this, some people think [spoiler'] Archer shot him when he confronted him while others think Riza Hawkeye shot through Archers body, accidentally hitting Roy. In my opinion it's the first one, otherwise what would be the point in Archer turning up?[/spoiler][/quote]
I got the second impression when I first saw it , but was hoping that it was the first choice though, considering that she was feeling bad about it.
I cant help but notice that Riza Hawkeye looks extremely beautiful with her hair down :o

Oh yeah!I love the show!
I already watched the movie1 but the movie2 hasnt been released yet here.. :animecry:
[INDENT][COLOR=Indigo]
[SIZE=1]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]hyuuga_hinata[/B], Post quality is very important. It needs to encourage further discussion. Please put a little more effort into your posts. For example you could have explained why you love the show or even about what you enjoyed in the movie. Please take a moment to review the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] and [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?]FAQ[/URL] located on the left side bar. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]