OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

Guest Stafal-chan
*shrugs* yeah but why not just start with the stuff they had in 3..then fast fws to leor anyways...

[quote name='Dagger]You can buy the DVD [url=http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANSB-2005][u]here[/u][/url'], but you need an R2 or region-free player, and it's not subtitled. Although subs aren't really necessary to enjoy them. ~Dagger~[/quote]

Thank you so much Dagger. Im really looking foward to the all action OVA.

[QUOTE=Dagger]

You can buy the DVD [url=http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANSB-2005][u]here[/u][/url], but you need an R2 or region-free player, and it's not subtitled. Although subs aren't really necessary to enjoy them.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
Although, a summary would be nice for the one with [spoiler]Greed[/spoiler] and [I]maybe [/I] an explaination of exactly what Hawkeye's doing in the chibi one. Otherwise, it's easy to get the ist, at the very least.

Also, I'm not sure if it's kosher here, but Youtube has the ova's as well.

[quote name='Stafal-chan']*shrugs* yeah but why not just start with the stuff they had in 3..then fast fws to leor anyways...[/quote]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Purple]Well I think they did that in order to create more interest on the anime. Like, when starting with young Ed and Al's transmutation and then just fast-forwarding to Lior, one would wonder what happened to these two guys. Then you would keep the question and wait till they answer it somewhere in the anime. But wait! then there comes the adventure of Ed and Al in Lior! Remember it is two-episodes long so after seeing the first episode, another question comes!! What happens next (referring to the Lior thing) ???? So now you would have two questions but will want to keep watching till the Lior one is answered first. After that, you would think ok, I know what happened in Lior; now what about Ed and Al? I want to know their story! That, therefore keeps the interest in the series for a longer time.

So that's what I think about it, it actually happened to me ^-^ But I feel I kind of didn't explain the situation well. Did you get my point? ^-^u

Oh and thanks to the ones who answered my human transmutation question, I do agree with you, it seems pretty logical, ne? ^-^[/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Stafal-chan
YUP ^_^ gotcha ^_^ hee hee yeah i guess that does make alota sense ^_^ unless ur me and catch it fromt he 3rd episode anyway...haha i actually watched the first episodes when they started the repeats..so i wa already halfway through the show ^_^heh heh :animeswea

Seems this topic has been here for quite a while, but i need to post my thoughts since it is my top favorite anime.

The storyline is excellent, i've never seen a more progressive and deep storyline in an anime then the one FMA presents. The brother's initial intent to [spoiler]raise the dead for their personal gain after tragically losing their mother,[/spoiler] their seemingly selfish journey to reclaim what they lost as if they feel that the world owes them something just for maintaining it's eternal balance and role (life and death), to their realization that life is more complicated then they had first imagined and the reliance on other's for both emotional and supportive interjections as well as experiencing and enduring the real life through their own eyes and will is to blame for their maturation as individuals and as brothers to one another.

The characters are colorful and respectively loveable and hateable. Ed is a roller coaster of emotions whether he shows it or not with extraordinary devotion to his brother, a true to nature good heart and a short stature...i mean temper! Well...both. Mustang is the unwavering idol of leadership and stability in the eyes of those who serve and meet him, though inside his past festers at him so that it fuels his primary goal in life almost solely. I could go on and on about each one, but i won't.

The music is wonderful, i'm always a fan of orchestrated music in games or animes, or even in general. I can only really see minor flaws in the anime itself and it only really shows between ep 51 and the movie (no spoiler for those who haven;t seen it, don't worry). There is a great lapse of time which i suppose could be elaborated on a little more, but in no way does it make events hard to understand. Hardly detrimental to the masterpiece of a series.
[SIZE=1][INDENT][COLOR=Indigo]
Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]BKstyles[/B], when listing something that could potentially spoil a show for someone who has yet to see it, we ask that you use spoiler tags. Go here: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]Spoiler Tags[/URL] for instructions on how to use them. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/COLOR][/INDENT][/SIZE]

I just saw the ending of the movie, and now so pissed off that [spoiler]they get stuck on this side of the gate at the end[/spoiler]. WHY did it have to end that way? The [spoiler]gate needed to be destroyed[/spoiler], but Al could have [spoiler]animated a couple of the suits of armour and used them to destroy this side[/spoiler]. Everybody's happy (except Noah, but I didn't like her anyway). Actually, do have a perfectly sappy ending, [spoiler]Ed could have grabbed Noah on his trip over, then took her back to the other side while one of the suits did the dirty work[/spoiler]. Did they just want to pave the way for another sequel?

I liked the ending of the movie quite a bit, actually. The series as a whole is deeply bittersweet, and the movie reflects that: [spoiler]in order to be together again, the brothers had to give up something tremendous--their home. But their resilience and courage is such that they can make a home out of this new world, and they can do great things & be extraordinary people even without the "crutch" afforded them by alchemy.[/spoiler]

I also very much doubt that [spoiler]the suits of armor would be able to destroy the Gate, especially given that the alchemy Al uses to animate them fades swiftly. At the end, neither Ed nor Al have any idea how long it'll take them to destroy the Gate. Ed would never accept that as a solution--what if Al lost control of the armor before the task was completed?[/spoiler]

Much of FMA is about difficult choices, and in my opinion, the movie does a good job of extending that theme even further. :)

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Blue]Full Metal Alchemist is one of the best anime/manga around. I just cannot get over the fact that my mother enjoys watching it too. Well, I don't blame her. :catgirl:
Anyway, I read on the web somewhere that said Arakawa Hiromu (the manga artist who drew Full Metal Alchemist), is actually a woman (Nothing wrong with that (I'm a girl too) just that the name Hiromu is a guys' name), but she debuted with this manga. She apparantly had no previous training aswell. :animeknow
It doesn't matter if you consider all of that or not, this still is one fantastic anime/manga. :D
I just wish that I didn't cry in the end, because my eyes wee so full of tears that I could barely see the TV screen. :animecry: [/COLOR]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Yes! I cried watching the movie too TT.TT so sad, I really thought [spoiler]Al was going to stay in Amestris.[/spoiler] And yeah, the ending was kind of odd and Ed was all cold throughout the movie but he had always contained himself when it came to [spoiler]love[/spoiler] so that's ok I guess, it's just him.
But still I expected him to [spoiler]show a little bit of affection, specially towards Al.[/spoiler] I was all like, come on Ed, do something! You haven't [spoiler]seen your brother in a long time!! Al did hug him though[/spoiler] so that makes things better ^-^[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed]MaFer5, I added spoiler tags to your post. Posting without regard for those who may not be as caught up with the series as you are is not only rude, but against the rules.
[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]Click here[/URL] for more information on spoiler tags. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. -r2[/COLOR][/INDENT][/SIZE]

The movie is definitly very emotional at some parts. I couldn't wait to buy it after seeing episode 51, i got it about a week later and while at the same time i was utterly satisfied with there being closure and piece of mind, i was also expecting a bit more. It defintly got to me though when [spoiler]Al snuck on board the ship inside his old suit of armor and made the mini-speech about how all he wanted to do was be with Ed again, no matter where it was[/spoiler].

Not to mention Mustang's awesomeness is also displayed even further in the movie.

[quote name='BKstyles']The movie is definitly very emotional at some parts. I couldn't wait to buy it after seeing episode 51, i got it about a week later and while at the same time i was utterly satisfied with there being closure and piece of mind.[/quote]

Did you really think so?
i thought the bit where [spoiler] wrath got killed by glutteny was very sad, but i have to say that i hate Al and i really wanted him to die in the movie. And what was the deal with the gypise rose dancing on german Al gave, talking about adding insult to injury[/spoiler]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]duoikari, I shortened the quote. You don't need to include a quote if you're replying to the most recent most. In addition, having a quote that's longer than your actual post makes the thread messy and troublesome to read. Remember that you can shorten the text within the [quote] tags. -r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=duoikari]Did you really think so?
i thought the bit where [spoiler] wrath got killed by glutteny was very sad, but i have to say that i hate Al and i really wanted him to die in the movie. And what was the deal with the gypise rose dancing on german Al gave, talking about adding insult to injury[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Well yeah there were some good, emotional moments in the movie, also when [spoiler]Winry hugged Ed[/spoiler]. But do you hate Al because of [spoiler]transmuting Wrath and Gluttony? Yeah it was sad but Wrath got what he wanted (go back to his mother), didn't he? And he offered himself to help Al open the gate[/spoiler]

Oh and sorry about not adding spoler tags last time, I couldn't remember the format ^-^u[/FONT]

It was a moment sure, but it was more about [spoiler]Wrath wanting what he wanted, and he would just be helping Al in the process. It wasen't out of any particular love for him or Ed. Wrath just had nothing really to live for.[/spoiler]. I would have liked to see the fight between [spoiler]Wrath and Gluttony[/spoiler] in a little more detail but it served it's purpose.

Also in the end when [spoiler]Envy finally gets what he wants, which is killing Hoeinheim. It's an emotional scene in a few ways, especially from the perspective of Ed and Envy.[/spoiler]

I just didn't like the whole story line, i think the movie itself was good and i agree that there was some very good moments in it (such as [spoiler]envy getting what he wanted[/spoiler]) but the whole thing left me wanting more :animecry:

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Yeah I feel the same way, I liked [spoiler]the fight scenes though, specially Gluttony vs Wrath, I think it was just fine[/spoiler]. But the movie did left me expecting something else too...or something more[/FONT]

Well, not to falsely get anyone's hopes up or anything, but the possibility of there being another FMA movie dosen't seem inconceivable. I wouldn't hold my breath personally, but i do recall a multi-part interview with the creator of FMA (located at one point on AS.com i believe) in which he exclaimed that despite there being a satisfying sense of closure with the entire series as the 51 episodes and movie dictate...theres a chance they may play around with a new storyline.

Again, nothing for sure...but I would be interested in seeing a new FMA storyline. Normally i'd be against potentially ruining a good thing, but i have confidence in this series that they could produce another succesful story.

[QUOTE=Kai123]i havent got to see the movie. but from u all it sounds good i should try to get it

LaTeRs :catgirl:[/QUOTE]

Tis reccomended :p . So long as japanese audio and english subtitles dont bother ya (which for most otaku's, they dont) you won't regret it...and you'll finally receive some piece of mind.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Hey has anyone seen the FMA ovas yet? Yeah they're already out, they're all short but worth to see. So far I've seen four. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, there's two ovas that have either BIG spoilers or an ending that would not make sense so watch them at your own risk. I don't know if it is allowed to refer websites but I found them at [[/FONT][COLOR=DarkRed]link removed by moderator[/COLOR][FONT=Book Antiqua]]. Have fun! ^-^[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]MaFer5, if you don't know if something is against the rules, [b][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]check the rules[/URL][/b]. In this case, the distribution of copyrighted material is not permitted. This includes linking to sites that offer fansubs, scanlations, bootlegs, (or in this case) RAWs. If you have any questions about this, or anything else, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I just listened to "Brothers" in english sung by Vic Mignogna, Ed's voice actor. It is so awesome and who knew Vic could sing? He has the voice of an angel, as Hughes would say. Those of you who have not heard "Brothers" or "Bratja", you have to listen to it. Just so you know, the original is in Russian. It has a great point for FMA and the rest of life.

Fullmetal1 here! :catgirl: Question for everyone!!! What are your fav characters? And What did you think of the show and the show's ending!
My fav characters are
-Edward
-Al
-Roy
-Maes

I thought the show was one of the greatest animes ever made!! But the ending of the show left alot of questions unanswered! Like what happened to Envy! And many more questions!!

[INDENT][COLOR=Indigo]
[SIZE=1]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]Fullmetal1[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Full Metal Alchemist thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Indigo][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Indigo][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[QUOTE=Fullmetal1]Fullmetal1 here! :catgirl: Question for everyone!!! What are your fav characters? And What did you think of the show and the show's ending!
My fav characters are
-Edward
-Al
-Roy
-Maes

I thought the show was one of the greatest animes ever made!! But the ending of the show left alot of questions unanswered! Like what happened to Envy! And many more questions!!

[INDENT][COLOR=Indigo]
[SIZE=1]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]Fullmetal1[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Full Metal Alchemist thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Indigo][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Indigo][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT][/QUOTE]

If your not aware. The FMA movie entitled "Conquerer of Shambala" is the sequel to the series, any questions you feel may have been left unanswered from the series more than likely will be answered in the movie (despite there being much room for more clarity, you'll see when you watch the movie).