OtakuBoards

Things that make you feel like drinking.

CaNz

Happy Halloween fellow drinkers.
[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/PumpkinAle6pk.jpg[/IMG]
I usually get pumpkin pie this time of year... but this time something new came up (me turning 21 I think)

take the pumpkin beer, line the lid of the glass with cinnamon sugar.... enjoy!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lovely topic.

I drink both moderately and excessively. I have a beer for Saturday night TV or a big booze up when I decide to go out - and I lol at anyone who has a go at more for it.

Drinking excessively gives me the authority to remove any lack of confidence I have and truly let go. But I'm not an idiot with no control - I've been through some hard times in my life and drinking helped better than clinic drugs, but I'm no alcoholic. It's the culture I was brought up in - except I have a sense of (filthy) self-respect.

Considering that, an absolute tradegy that still chokes me now occured in July this year. I drank at the Wake but I didn't drink excessively after it; I was fully aware that drinking gave me the oppurtunity to loosen my tongue and fight back a few tears, so why didn't I turn to drinking to stop it choking me now? Because I'm smarter than that.

However, if I grew up in a crowd that binge drank but assumed loss of control was acceptable, I'd be an alcoholic now to deal with it. It's about the crowd you're with and who you drink with, I personally think.

And I agree with Boo on "of course you don't see it because you've never tired it," stuff. People have their own reasons for not drinking, but if (like some of my friends) you're scared that you'll fall into the binge-culture then it's not the alcohol you should be raving against - it's truly the fact that you're afraid of losing control. And believe me, I've seen a lot of alcohol-madness that made me want to bin it. But at least I can pull myself away and say "I drink, I binge drink, I drink a lot - but I'm not like that."

[size=1][B]EDIT:[/B] Btw Allamorph if you're reading this and decide to post what I think you're going to post then don't even hit reply. Just don't. Seriously. Don't. =P.[/size] Edited by Vicky

[quote name='Vicky' date='31 October 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1288567059' post='701438']
What a lovely topic.
[/quote]Thank you! (i wish all my threads were as popular as drinking.
[quote name='Vicky' date='31 October 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1288567059' post='701438']

[size="1"][b]EDIT:[/b] Btw Allamorph if you're reading this and decide to post what I think you're going to post then don't even hit reply. Just don't. Seriously. Don't. =P.[/size]
[/quote]
hold on.... does asking him not to actually work!?! []_[]

Also, The Tentacle... loads of people feel the exact same way as you do, (read the thread, they all said the same stuff!) but the people who do like to let loose and have a drink dislike it when people imply that we have no good reason to do so. I doubt you meant it that way, but it did kinda come across 'uppity' even though you didnt want it to be.

[quote name='CaNz' date='01 November 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1288576922' post='701440']

hold on.... does asking him not to actually work!?! []_[]

[/quote]

Well, he should be pretty aware that if he does I will [i]hurt[/i] him (perhaps not physically but certainly mentally).

Also an addition to 'things that make me drink':

I have a lesson every Monday with Dr. Davina Clarke. Her monotonic voice goes through my veins, so I have a beer before the lesson. Today, I absolutely smashed doctor-socks and proved her completely wrong. It was so funny, she even muttered after me constantly going 'so is that a loop hole in the system?' the precious words: "Yes Victoria, it's a bloody loop hole."

Class was full of little sniggers and lolz.

[quote name='CaNz' date='31 October 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1288576922' post='701440']
Also, The Tentacle... loads of people feel the exact same way as you do, (read the thread, they all said the same stuff!) but the people who do like to let loose and have a drink dislike it when people imply that we have no good reason to do so. I doubt you meant it that way, but it did kinda come across 'uppity' even though you didnt want it to be.
[/quote]

I get that a lot.  People think I'm preachy just because I don't conform to the societal norm.  Some even get offended because I won't "loosen up" and have a drink with them.  This is just my personal choice on the matter and I have my reasons for thinking this way.  

[quote]And that's just food for "Well of course you don't see it, because you never tried it".

Any cool reason why you're not up for alcohol?[/quote]

I'm already being accused of sounding uppity, hence I will not state my reasons nor say anything else on the matter.     

[quote name='The Tentacle' date='01 November 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1288644644' post='701455']
I'm already being accused of sounding uppity,
[/quote]
not on purpose! plus I am not sure its even a bad thing... you get to argue your point if you do.
course no matter what reasons there are for not drinking, people like me always will... maybe its just a bad habit, but I think it is enjoyment. I like revealing stress this way. It may not be the best long term solution, but i find its a decent first step.
hard day- drink at night- morning headache- day fix problem: [i]CaNz's recovery mode.
[/i] Edited by CaNz