OtakuBoards

Things that make you feel like drinking.

CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' date='11 July 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1278897067' post='697133']
well... i did drink it all in two days... but generally speaking most people hated it. its for people who dig sweet stuff... but arnt willing to compromise hard liquor.
[/quote]

Sweet tea is my drink of choice to begin with, then they mix it with my favourite alcoholic beverage, nothing can go wrong.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CaNz' date='12 July 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1278985507' post='697209']
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f4/Caramelldansen.gif[/img]
gone, but not forgotten. (pours one out)
[/quote]

Toast, *klink*

[color=indigo]I can't really think of a time I drank to chase away depression or even just a hard day at work. I usually prefer to drink in celebratory fashion. Sure, I may just have a beer to toast the end of a hard day of work, but it is still a happy drink.

I do have a theory that once you catch a buzz you have greatly improved the chances that your evening (or day) will be truly awesome or truly sucky. That isn't to say that you cannot have awesome or sucky experiences sober, just that alcohol's tendency to lower inhibitions often subjects you to outliers a little farther away from normal than is, uhm, normal.[/color]

If I had the money to feed my desires I would be drunk for almost every waking moment. A lot of things get me in the mood to drink. When I'm feeling lonely I feel like drinking. When I'm thinking about the past I feel like drinking. Whenever I think about all the missed opportunities and mistakes that have piled up through my life, I can't help but feel like grabbing a liter of whiskey. Depression is probably my biggest trigger for drinking. I wouldn't say I get drunk to forget about it, I get drunk to think about those depressing thoughts even more but in a different light. Sometimes it helps seeing it from a different perspective and makes it easier to deal with (even when you sober up). That being said, I haven't got enough money to buy a liter anyway. I haven't got a job.

reading your post made me want to drink... it kinda reminds me of myself, though i use it more like a stalling tactic.
its not like i only drink when i am sad, its just the only time i go out of my way to do it... if a beers at a party waiting for me ill open it up, but if im sad ill go buy one (since i thankfully have a job)

If theres a party I drink too but I control myself more at parties actually. When drinking alone with with few close friends I actually get drunk because I end up binging.

Well those are the major things that get me wanting booze. However there are those little things as well. Like watching a TV show and someones got a bottle of liquor or beer. I'll say to myself "Damn I could go for a drink".

I've also got ridiculously high tolerance so it takes too much money for me to get buzzed, let alone drunk. I don't know if its good, but thats another thing that keeps me from drinking. Its like trying to climb a mountain.

I find the key to keeping a low tolerance is knowing what your gonna do. if you wanna get drunk... do it quick. if you know its just for a buzz take your time and enjoy the drinks. I really only get wasted off of hard liquor... it just seems wasteful to use a beer bong to wreck yourself when a half bottle of vodka can black me out.

im a big wine fan, so most of the time i just feel like relaxing, pouring a glass, and enjoying the effects without ever getting drunk... so if you caan do that, you'll save money too. if you need to get messed up though, it might get tough on the wallet.

I'm not the kind of person that "savors" drinks. If I'm drinking, I drink it fast in hopes that it will do something for me. Even hard liquor fails sometimes. I'd need to take consecutive shots of half a liter of say vodka or whiskey to get drunk. Sometimes chugging it works too but trying to chug a whole half liter... well you don't need me to tell you how hard it is. The only drinks I take my time with is fine wine. And when it comes to beer, theres no sipping involved. Open the can and chug. Then proceed to the next can and repeat.

I've only been thoroughly wasted once when I drank 300 oz of beer in less than 20 minutes. This is how ridiculous my tolerance is. I never get more than "safely drunk".

[quote name='CaNz' date='14 July 2010 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1279090333' post='697275']
interesting... i thought i was the bad boy of the boards in terms of drinking, but i guess you beat me pretty well.i tip my hat to you good sir.
[/quote]

15 cans and 6 tall boys and im still cutting tile at 5 in the morning. eat that!

with a job like that i could be plastered and do it (only a little offense bro)
it takes forever to get drunk off beer... i think i dont like the taste enough to even bother. i drink about a can every ten minutes, and at that rate i just never get there...

[quote name='CaNz' date='14 July 2010 - 05:58 AM' timestamp='1279101491' post='697279']
with a job like that i could be plastered and do it (only a little offense bro)
it takes forever to get drunk off beer... i think i dont like the taste enough to even bother. i drink about a can every ten minutes, and at that rate i just never get there...
[/quote]

Thats alot though if you think about it. Oh, and today is day 3 1/2 of my 7 days of new no sleep and i feel drunk from the non sleep high.

I've never had a sip of alcohol in my life. Sure, sometimes I'll wonder if drinking will help make the situation better somehow but then I realize it won't and never will. At least not for me. It doesn't solve any problems. So I just prefer to suck it up and deal with whatever life throws at me without needing to drink.

[quote name='Citric' date='14 July 2010 - 07:06 AM' timestamp='1279105581' post='697283']
I've never had a sip of alcohol in my life. Sure, sometimes I'll wonder if drinking will help make the situation better somehow but then I realize it won't and never will. At least not for me. It doesn't solve any problems. So I just prefer to suck it up and deal with whatever life throws at me without needing to drink.
[/quote]

Cool, thats a pro active choice to life, and were glad you found an alternate outlet for life's problems. Now we dont just drink cause were pissed, We drink to have fun with one another and just add to the experience. But I'm glad you didn't fall into this path, good choice.

well.. i do have a habit of drinking a lot to deal with problems, but i know its not the best habit to get into. The only thing i can defend myself with is that i do it in a safe way, and it works for me. drinking in moderation isnt bad, but i think i have gone far past that on too many occasions to fall into that category, so i am probably damaging myself... so it certainly isn't a great idea. it does however lower the pain i feel, and i think it allows me to make better decisions(believe it or not) since i can wake up the next day and not feel as bad.

i think i can relate to the people who choose never to do it since i am that way with smoking and illegal/misused drugs. I just wont do them... not even once.

Thats right. Drinking doesn't always have to center around trying to get rid of problems or pain. A lot of people drink to get away from their problems, a lot of people like to just get smashed and act stupid and a lot of people just like to drink to loosen up and feel more lively. I'm alcoholic and I know it. Even when I don't feel depressed or lonely I just want to drink because I like drinking. It loosens me up and makes the world feel more open. But yes, not drinking is a good choice. Keep it up, its a good way to live.

• 2 weeks later...
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]I don't drink often (actually used to be one of those people who were against it), mostly due to just not having the money for it, but I'm not opposed to it if it's available. Probably one of the times I've drank the most was at a friend's birthday. He had a bunch of liquor available and a website with a bunch of different mixes, so he just started putting together anything he could find and giving them to me, lol (oddly, even though I was probably the least experienced drinker there, I had more than anyone). If I'm by myself and feel like drinking it'll only ever be like a shot or two. I've only ever taken in a lot more when I got blindsided by some ... news. I'm not even sure of the best word to describe it ... but it is up in the top three most upsetting things I've ever been told.

[i]However[/i]

Much more often than not, I drink because I'm feeling particularly euphoric and getting a little tipsy helps expand on that, lol.[/font][/color] Edited by PiroMunkie

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom' date='24 July 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1279958741' post='697741']
My mom died. there. my reason to drink
[/quote]
with something like that... it doesn't matter how much you drink... you're just gonna be sad and drunk...

i am really sorry for your loss... but since i am beyond wasted by now i feel like saying this.... i have lost both my parents, from drugs and heart conditions that i probably will have... but that's not a reason to give up on being happy, having fun, or enjoying time with friends. if there is a party you can goo to, go to it.
the first thing i did when my dad died, was go swimming... because he wanted me to be happy.

basically ii am sating don't try and suffer because you think you need to mourn. live your life to the fullest, and enjoy the time you have since it is shorter than you think.
{god i love spell check}

[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]I'll say one thing, I don't understand beer. People say it's an "acquired taste," but why do you acquire the taste of something that doesn't really taste that awesome to begin with? It normally doesn't get you drunk or buzzed enough to matter if that's what they're after, when you could just take a shot or two of your favorite liquor (mixed or otherwise) and get a good vibe going that much easier.

I'm drinking a Fat Tire, right now. Mostly because of this topic, lol, reminded me that I have some beer in the fridge (I knew a guy who always sung praises about this brand so I figured I'd give it a go). It's okay I guess (I actually think it's been in there too long and lost some of its edge), but I'd take some scotch/vodka/whiskey any day over this, lol.[/font][/color]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='24 July 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1280008168' post='697802']
[color="#a0522d"][font="Arial"]
I'm drinking a Fat Tire, right now. Mostly because of this topic, [/font][/color]
[/quote]

did everyone here that? I ?Inspire people {spoiler]to drink[/spoiler]

EDIT: haha
geez... i was so drunk when i wrote that! Edited by CaNz

• 2 weeks later...
Well I'm not old enough to drink [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sweatdrop.gif[/img] but still I don't even plan on drinking. I've seen too many people who I love hurt themselves with alcohol..... Overall I can somewhat understand why people drink , but I do not understand how people with an obvious problem can't see that they have a problem[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/pout.gif[/img] and if you ever try to tell them (atleast in my case) they just lash out at you and that gets annoying fast. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif[/img]