OtakuBoards

Cheese.

pooperson

[color="#4169E1"][size="1"]What are your thoughts on cheese? I don't think there's already a thread about this.

I hate cheese except for on pizza or if it is dippable cheese. Delish.

I also like peperjack. But every other cheese takes some getting used to.
[/size]
[i][size="5"]You?[/size][/i][/color]

I'm Dutch. We live for cheese.

A personal favourite to eat in cubes would be the iets-meer-dan-belegen you'd find at your friendly neighbourhood cheese stand at the Saturday's market. Another would be Old Amsterdam cheese.

As for cheese on bread, I'm a huge fan of cumin cheese. Lately the world of goat cheese has been opened up to me. I had no idea goat cheese, honey, walnuts and rucola go together so divinely well on a sandwich. It also goes well in salad, as well as mozarella of course. Plus, the latter is a must with anything pasta-related, along with parmazan for the rest of the senses.

Cheddar cheese is a horrible fraud, though. Edited by Lady Shy

[size=1][color=royalblue]I like to say "I really don't like cheese", but I seem to hold a lot of exceptions to this.

I will only eat cheese pizza. That is, I won't eat pepperoni or sausage or stuff like that. So I'll eat it on pizza.

I'll eat cheese on my bagels. Love cream cheese. In that vein, I've come to really enjoy cheesecake.

Also, cheeseburgers are awesome.

But I don't like cottage cheese or cheese on nachos or pretzels. Really, I'm not a fan of melted cheese on things.

However...however. I [i]love[/i] Monterrey Jack cheese, ohemeffgee. Love that stuff. I have eaten whole blocks of it in one sitting. Soooo good. But not that Colby jack crap or pepperjack (sorry), no way, gotta have it straight as Monterrey. I will even accept it as parts of bribery.[/color][/size]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Cheddar cheese is honestly one of my favorites, but only extra sharp. White is what I generally prefer.

I hate American Cheese. Early on I was spoiled by my adopted Dutch Uncle Tony. He introduced me to a variety of good hard cheeses to nibble on in between meals. But then I started working near a Whole Foods that totally turned me on to their bundling of small bits of usually extremely expensive cheeses in very cheap portions. This had me trying sheep, goat, and the usual cow cheeses, but the softer creamier sorts.

The names were so long I can't even remember them all. But there was a Black Diamond Canadian Cheddar and another Irish one that blew my mind. Both so good with crusty artisan bread.

I love cream cheese, cheesecake, hate cottage cheese. [it's the look of it you know].

I'm great with cheeseburgers as long as it's the aforementioned cheddar or another sharp. Hate Monterey Jack with peppers, but like it without, so so on the mozerella, and I love the crumbly parmsean. Bleu's a no go, and I'm so so on Swiss. Provolone I love shredded in large amounts with my spaghetti and salad [when I feel naughty]. HOWEVER I really don't like it in copious amounts on my pizza, and dislike it dumped over anything that was meant to be Mexican food. Go figure.

My one consolation in all of this is that at least my Uncle got his foot in the door before it was too late.

Confession: I love to play with the wax, but dislike laughing cow cheese's taste.
[/color][/size][/font] Edited by Raiha

[quote name='Raiha' date='01 June 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1275451160' post='694222']
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]
Confession: I love to play with the wax, but dislike laughing cow cheese's taste.
[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

I hear that a lot, actually. My parents would only buy the stuff if I ate it, so I made myself aquire a taste for it so that I could play with the wax. Now I love it!

[color="#000080"][size="1"][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I love cheese on most things, but I'll throw out some weird things that people have had me try that make me leery to top things with Cheese

[b]Ramen,[/b] for example. My Ex-Girlfriend used to put cheese in the Ramen. Usually, I like having ramen more as a noodle dish rather than having the broth in it. She likes it the latter way, only con queso. I was respectful when I tried it, but I couldn't eat more than two bites of it. Cheese usually hides tastes for me, but in this case....no. Ramen is perfect the way it is.

[b]Pinto Beans with cheese.[/b] Now, I can see this for Nachos or maybe chili,but this is Pinto beans with Ham on it with some cheese mixed in it. There's no Taco seasoning or chili seasoning in it. Also not my cup of tea.

Now onto some wonderful things that have cheese!

[b]Enchiladas. [/b]Green, Red, with Mole sauce, whatever. It's all good when you add chese on top of it and stuff it with your meat of choice and more cheese. I love authentic mexican food and they really know how to work cheese into their dishes.

[b]Chile Rellenos.[/b] It's a fried green chile with cheese stuffed inside of it. Think Jalapeno popper, only bigger and more delicious.

[b]Cheeseburgers[/b]. Probably because I think burgers are pretty flat when you only have Ketchup, Mustard and Mayo on them. I have to have cheese and lettuce on mine to have the perfect burger.

[b]Cheesecake[/b]. Easily my favorite dessert. I substitute it for birthday cake on my birthdays. Most people put toppings on their cheesecake, but I prefer mine as is. New York Style.[/font][/size][color="#000080"][/color][/color] Edited by Korey

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='02 June 2010 - 05:55 AM' timestamp='1275472520' post='694255']And Babybel is in the red wax.
[/quote]

*facepalm*

Darn it! I have some in the fridge downstairs! How could I forget that! Well, I guess it's because both brands have a calf as a mascot... I wish I knew my cheeses better... :(

"It's 'cheese', Ashley!"

I'm a huge fan of cheeses now, but I didn't actually like the stuff when I was in my teens. I always found it too strong tasting, even when I was eating mild cheddar. (I guess now my taste buds are kaput. xD )

These days, I love it. I enjoy cooking with it most, rather than eating it on its own. A good vintage, or cave aged cheese works wonders with omelettes and double gloucester makes superb cheesey mash.

I still think Stilton tastes like old, fusty leather bookmarks though.

OT, but DisrespectWomenEarnALiving, Katana, Korey and SaiyanPrincessX, your fonts are so small it's difficult to even read. Maybe it's just my mac, but... head's up or something I guess.

On-Topic,

I love cheese of all varieties and forms. I really like eating gouda with apples, pears or grapes. On sandwiches I like provolone. Also making pasta and watching globs of mozarella melt everywhere in the pan is one of the best sights ever. I like dipping fries in blue cheese. Or even drizzling blue cheese on my burgers. Or steaks. Edited by eleanor

[quote name='Axel Alloy' date='02 June 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1275481191' post='694263']
"It's 'cheese', Ashley!"[/quote]

You just scared me to pieces when I first read that! It brought on some memories of my parents trying to convince me to eat some weird spread at a neighborhood party...

I mainly use cheese slices because I eat a lot of sandwiches... Never really just cheese by itself.

OH! Except in NYC where I had a fabulous snack! Really good cheddar cheese with honey drizzled on...