Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Okay I think this topic belongs here,you can never be too sure. lol. Yesterday I was thinking to myself of all the good times and of course tv came across my mind. That then progressed into anime thoughts and the cool/clever/devious/funny/stupid quotes made by our most beloved anime characters. The first characters that came to mind were Vegeta and Nappa. And I think everyone knows why. But looking at all the things Vegeta said, it kinda made me laugh.

But on to business, list your favorite anime quotes. You can use anything to get your point across as long as its not breaking the rules. haha.

For me, Im using a classic from Vegeta. It was part of an old Toonami commercial and I decided to use it here:

You may have invaded my mind and my body...but There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps...[size="4"]HIS [/size][size="7"]PRIDE!!!!![/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdN6VJ9VHlo (video for more of a dramatic feeling)

Thought of another before I head to bed.

This comes from Roy Mustang from FMA. It probably the best line he had during the whole series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZshuTflmQM

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Please refrain from double posting in the future, Humaru -- it's spammy and doesn't really contribute to the thread. ~ Vivian[/font][/color] Edited by Vivian
Posted (edited)
I don't particularly care for Bleach in anime forum, nor do I think it's dub is all that great, but I do enjoy Dan Woren as Byakuya.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdsAVqx75rA[/media]

You can stop it after Renji gets owned :)

Note: The BGM should've just been called Byakuya's theme lol. It fits him over everyone else.

Edit1: Oh the quote is "Put down your sword unless you still think you can beat me (this part was cut for some reason). Incase you'd forgotten, or perhaps it didn't occur to you. I'll remind you, Renji, that I, too have bankai."

Edit2: Mustang rocks for that line lol

I probably got a million of these quotes that I like so be ready XD. Edited by Magus
Posted
[quote name='Magus' date='21 June 2010 - 04:59 AM' timestamp='1277110792' post='695727']
I don't particularly care for Bleach in anime forum, nor do I think it's dub is all that great, but I do enjoy Dan Woren as Byakuya.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdsAVqx75rA[/media]

You can stop it after Renji gets owned :)

Note: The BGM should've just been called Byakuya's theme lol. It fits him over everyone else.

Edit1: Oh the quote is "Put down your sword unless you still think you can beat me (this part was cut for some reason). Incase you'd forgotten, or perhaps it didn't occur to you. I'll remind you, Renji, that I, too have bankai."

Edit2: Mustang rocks for that line lol

I probably got a million of these quotes that I like so be ready XD.
[/quote]



Im completely ready for all your quotes...I have a bunch too. I don't need to stop the video where Renji gets owned because I hate him and he deserved it.
Posted (edited)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRvxROlBO-s[/media]

Fast forward to about 5:47. I can't find a shorter clip.

Mugen- We hit the potjack
Fuu- That's jackpot
Mugen- All I know now is that we're filthy #####
Fuu- Filthy rich!

Mugen is hilarious. Edited by Magus
Posted
[quote name='Magus' date='21 June 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1277115722' post='695733']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRvxROlBO-s[/media]

Fast forward to about 5:47. I can't find a shorter clip.

Mugen- We hit the potjack
Fuu- That's jackpot
Mugen- All I know now is that we're filthy #####
Fuu- Filthy rich!

Mugen is hilarious.
[/quote]


He is indeed hilarious.
Posted
Wow, this is a pretty cool looking topic. I'll try to contribute.

"Zetsuboushita!" - Itoshiki Nozomu (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)

I can't think of any more right now...except for the dreaded "Dattebayo!" by Naruto...
Posted
[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-T4g86KkNg[/media][/center]

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crz4_UofhS0[/media][/center]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I dare anyone to find something manlier.[/size][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Gavin' date='21 June 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1277148159' post='695751']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I dare anyone to find something manlier.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Three episodes later (TTGL spoilers):

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuQ3fg9knGo[/media][/center]

And yes, the movie version, because despite its shortcomings they did manage to surpass the original series in that final battle.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='21 June 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1277151839' post='695753']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Three episodes later (TTGL spoilers):

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuQ3fg9knGo[/media][/center]

And yes, the movie version, because despite its shortcomings they did manage to surpass the original series in that final battle.[/font]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Movie version fails. Took Simon's understated GAR and attempted to ramp it up to Kamina's completely unreachable GAR with light effects and a growly voice, thus failing for all eternity.

*Takes your Sith Lord card back*

Son I am Disappoint.[/size][/font]
Posted (edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZeT24T5CtU&feature=related


yeah a simple "I love you" will always take the cake for me Edited by rotlung
Posted
good pick rotlung, you did find one of the most adorable scenes in an action comedy ever.


oh...and of course i will contribute again!
[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn4R691YKes"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bn4R691YKes[/url][/media]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-P2pLRROE[/media]

Again, I can't find any shorter clips... Fast forward to about 4:29-4:30

"I'll send you to the deepest pits of hell. While your there you can lick the devils ###, Incognito".

And in terms of manliness, I think I can find something better (then again, I am bias because I don't care for Gurren Lagann)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo[/media]

I was trying to find Shining Finger, but that'll do since the voice actor for Domon is epic (even though those lines are very corny :D)

"This hand of mine shines and ROARS"... I think it was Dragon Gundam vs Volt/Bolt Gundam where that really sounded epic.... Dangit, I wanna watch that again... That's about the only gundam series I can really get into. Edited by Magus
Posted
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv-Fk6wMuL0[/media]

I dunno how famous this is generally speaking, but it's definitely infamous in the .hack world.
Posted
[quote name='CaNz' date='21 June 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1277130698' post='695739']
[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaoy1QKxGQs&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/url][/media]
i still cant stop laughing...
[/quote]


Oh yay, another Death Note fan! :D
Yes, the epic potato chip scene. I showed it to my freinds, but none of them understand anime...-_-
I was going to attach the "I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret" scene, but I'm not sure how...I'm very new. (even though I'm an Otaku, I've always failed at computer stuff...even something as simple as that)
Posted
great choice!
and id love to help out a fellow otaku with good taste.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NX_KXAPnEs&feature=related[/media]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
It may not be as epic as some of the others.... but I always loved the line that Lia says when taking over her brother....

Deliver my soul.
Put them in fear O' Lord.
That the nations may know themselves as men.
In the beginning was The Word.
Deliver my soul.
The Lord brings my soul out of trouble
He cuts off mine enemies
And Destroys all those who afflict my soul.
In the name of that truth and loyalty
I shall take my vengeance.


AWESOME!
Posted
The following quotes are all based on their official English translations as licensed by their respective studios.

"[i]I want my NOOKIE![/i]"  ~ Mugen from Samurai Champloo

"[i]Yo yo yo.  Best give me yo ho.[/i]" ~ Fatty Buccha from Air Gear

"[i]What are you, stupid?[/i]"  ~ Asuka from Evangelion

"[i]Idiot.[/i]"  ~ Ruri from Martian Successor Nadesico

"[i]I....am Samurai Gun.[/i]" ~ Ichimatsu from Samurai Gun

Posted
I'm going to add a couple of [b]Trigun [/b]quotes here. :smirk:
"The choices we make in life have unlimited possibilities." ~Rem Saverem

We should have died a very long time ago, you and I, the instant we fell upon this sandy land without pain, without sorrow. Now the schedule has merely been set back. The end is near. It is time to embrace it. That is why...that is why I must end it. End it now!" ~Legato Bluesummers
I like that one because I love Legato. He was a pretty interesting character.

"To the potty, sir!" ~Vash
He said that as he was running away from the baddie in episode one.

"Rem told me, that someone she loved died on earth. She told me she boarded this ship so she could start over. What does it feel like to have someone you love die? I tried thinking of what it would be like if Rem died. When I did, hot water came out of my eyes and it wouldn't stop for a long time. Rem, I'll always be there for you. I won't leave you alone." ~Vash

Generally, there's a lot of good stuff there in Trigun.
I don't have any other quotes that stick out in my mind righ now, for any animes.
Posted
[size="6"]FIST OF NOSE HAIR!!!!!!!!![/size] -Bobobo Bobo Bobo

[img]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000513279/polls_Bobobo_boBo_bobo3_3437_916012_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg[/img]
Posted (edited)
I am surprised no one mentioned this yet.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS_bEEW0PsE[/media]

Seriously. It was because of this one line I wanted to watch the entire series. Edited by Burori
Posted
that was pretty dang good.... having my pencil eaten would be scary... but not nearly as frightening as this
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yugACaFW88U[/media]
Posted
[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5QmI-WNfYY"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=x5QmI-WNfYY[/url][/media]
Harima and Tenma practicing love confessions. (School Rumble)
I honestly think the English dub is funnier. :sweatdrop:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...