OtakuBoards

Pokemon: Warzone Backstage

GuyYouMetOnline

In case you haven't read the Auditions thread, it's [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/44426-pokemon-warzone/"]here[/url].

Okay, there's some information to get out of the way, so here we go. First, cities. As mentioned in the Auditions thread, multiple cities have been hit. In all cases, the attackers took out power to the city as quickly as possible, so any news that got out is incomplete and fragmentary, but some has gotten out, including a few brief clips of Pokemon viciously attacking humans, and, of course, which cities have been hit. And, also as mentioned, a force is left behind in each city when the main army departs, and they're hunting and killing any survivors.

The following is a list of the cities that have been attacked, with additional notes as necessary:

Vermillion: The first city hit. All the forces moved in at about the same time, so it wasn't by more than a couple minutes, but Vermillion was the first city attacked. Despite the millitary presence there, the city was overrun with minimal resistance, thanks to the attacking force achieving complete and total surprise.
Olivine
Sunnyshore
Cerulean
Slateport
Jubilife: Most information about the current situation, including the video clips, came from Jubilife; the Jubilife TV network continued broadcast for as long as they possibly could.
Hearthome
Goldenrod: Goldenrod's end of the Magnet Train system is down. Saffron's end is still active, but the system only works if both ends are active, so the Magnet Train is currently inoperable.
Pewter
Blackthorn
Oreburgh: The last city to be overrun, it was first hit about twenty-five minutes after Vermillion.
Lilycove: The only targeted city to mount any effective resistance. Naval forces were conducting full-scale training exersizes offshore, and detected the approach of a large force of aquatic Pokemon. A second force came in on land, but by then, the navy had engaged and defeated the oncoming aquatic force and returned to shore. The second force was also engaged and repelled, although not before inflicting significant damage to the city, as well as substantial casualties, both civilian and millitary.

Other notes:

It has been five hours since the first attack.

On supplies: Packs make use of the same matter-compression technology used to allow Pokeballs to contain even the largest of Pokemon. The compression ratio isn't as good, but the packs are larger than Pokeballs, so it evens out. The biggest limitation on such packs is that anything put in them has to to be able to fit through the unzipped opening, so there is a limit on how large any one item in such a pack can be.

As stated previously, information on exactly what's happening in the attacked cities is minimal, with nothing coming out of a city once the power goes down (no cell phones here; yes, I realize some of the games have such things, but for the purposes of the RP, there aren't any). As a result, nobody outside of those cities knows much about the situations within them. Those within an attacked city will have little to no knowledge of conditions within other cities, or even of which and how many cities were hit.

Conditions within the attacked cities can be assumed to be similar to the depiction of Goldenrod in in Auditions thread, although details are open for interpretation.

Cities with notables levels of millitary forces include Eterna, Fuchia, and Rustboro (army), and Violet and Fallarbor (air force). Vermillion's naval forces were pretty much wiped out, whereas Lilycove's remain fairly intact.

On levels and moves: Levels will not be used. Pokemon do get tougher with more fighting, but I don't want to see anything about a 'level x' anything. Also, Pokemon are not limited to four moves. Actually, using move names is not required, although you can if you want to. However, note that moves are not completely set actions. This isn't [url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VancianMagic"]Vancian Magic[/url]. The fire breath of the 'Flamethrower' move, for example, is not limited to to basic blast of flame.

This RP is intended to be a bit more realistic that the games and other material. What I mean by that is, primarily, that humans and Pokemon are going to be dying. A human that gets zapped or burnt to a crisp is not going to come out of it just fine.

There. That's everything I can think of right now. If I think of anything else, I'll add it, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Edited by GuyYouMetOnline

[b]Hey Guy, I was actually thinking of joining this. I just had a few questions.

If Pokémon are attacking, then how do we have control of the ones on our team? (If that is going to be explained later in the story, ignore this question please.)

What kind of Pokémon can we have on our team? I know we can't have Legendaries, unless it's an exception. But how about besides that? What can we not have? Or should I just choose my team and you can tell me if I need to change it?

And the last question is, does Team Rocket exist in this world? If they do, can my character be a part of Team Rocket? If they don't, would it be okay to play a Team Rocket-like character? (I don't mean someone silly like in the cartoons, but a bit more serious than that.)[/b] Edited by Lilt

Hey Guy, just got a quick question. At some point are all of us gonna meet up in the same location? I understand that your character is in Goldenrod and me and the others that are in the Audition are in different cities with the exception of Lilt's character. I just wanted to know if you wanted us to get to Goldenrod. I have an idea based on that is why I ask but it is your RP.

Lilt: Not every Pokemon is involved in the attacks. As mentioned in the intro post, not all trainers had incidents with their Pokemon. Those Pokemon that didn't turn on their trainers before aren't suddenly going to do so now. So basically, trainers' Pokemon made the choice to remain with their trainers. A basic rule for this is that if they didn't turn on their trainers, they'll follow instructions and all that just as they did before the changes began.

As for teams, pretty much anything goes, as long as there are no legendaries (although if you really want one, message me and I'll see what we can work out). However, do make sure the team matches your character. So if your character's a new trainer, his/her team should reflect that (weaker Pokemon, for instance; not a strong team like an experienced trainer might put together). If your character's never left a certain region, limit what Pokemon he/she has that are usually only found in other regions (there are still ways one could get Pokemon from other regions, so one or two is certainly fine). As long as you keep that in mind, as well as the no-legendary rule, have whatever team you want.

And as for Team Rocket, I'm going to go ahead and say no to them being in this world. If you want your character to belong to a criminal organization, that's fine. Team Rocket is generally seen as a more silly type of group, and a real criminal organization wouldn't be that way. And even if you portrayed Team Rocket as more serious, that perception would still be there. So no on TR, but yes on the criminal organization part (although unless your character's a new member, she should probably be a bit older).

Humaru: I haven't worked out characters meeting up yet. It depends a lot on where people have their characters be. Yes, characters will meet up, but I don't yet know how it'll happen. If you have any kind of idea, though, feel free to message me about it. That goes for everyone: If you have an idea, let me know. Edited by GuyYouMetOnline

[b]Thanks Guy. I'll pick my team then on my character's preference, age, and what is available to her. This RP covers all regions, right? (Kanto, Johto, etc.)

As far as the Team Rocket thing goes, thanks. That just gives me freedom to come up with my own criminal organization. I'll have my sign up finished soon.

As for an idea of how to meet up, maybe we can have someone have an Abra with teleport? In fact, I might even give one to my character.[/b]

Yes, the RP covers all regions (although let's stay away from Black/White's new region).

As for everyone meeting, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I don't think it's completely necessary for everyone to end up as a group, but it could happen. I plan to see how things are unfolding before deciding on any specific direction to take this in. Feel free to message me with any ideas, though.

[b]Okay, Guy. Well, I chose my team. Just let me know if I will even survive with a team this low at all and I will finish up my sign up.

How will we handle Pokémon evolutions by the way? Maybe evolution items like moon stones and leaf stones, etc will be valuable now?[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='03 July 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1278146070' post='696423']
[b]Okay, Guy. Well, I chose my team. Just let me know if I will even survive with a team this low at all and I will finish up my sign up.

How will we handle Pokémon evolutions by the way? Maybe evolution items like moon stones and leaf stones, etc will be valuable now?[/b]
[/quote]

There probably won't be many cases of evolution, although I suppose your character's more likely to have evolving Pokemon than the others. As for evolution catalysts, those have always been pretty rare and valuable, and that's not likely to change. Although most of them are still found, not purchaced, so having your character discover one or maybe more shouldn't be a problem.

As for your team, yours obviously isn't going to be as effective as a team like, say, Kiera's, but it's certainly an acceptable team for you to have.

[b]Thanks Guy. And thanks for all your help. I have a pretty good idea for my character and will have her sign up finished by tomorrow if I am not busy. (I shouldn't be.)

I have a pretty good idea on the criminal organization too. I'll work it into my finished sign up, but if you want to know the full details, just let me know and I will PM you.[/b] Edited by Lilt

[size="2"][color="#800080"]Takuya, long time no see. Thinking of trying to get back into the swing of OB and saw your thread so I thought I'd check it out.

I'm kinda out of the Pokemon swing so I don't really know the different cities and stuff past the first gen. games and some of the second gen. Any help on that would probably be good, or anywhere you would prefer me to start?

Will probably try to come up with a scenario sign up, which might take me at least a day. When are you thinking of starting the RP?

Alright, will check back and start working on my basics.[/color][/size]

I was strolling through some images I had and I decided to make a banner for this RP. Its just a rough attempt...I may make more later. I figured that we can use them as chapter headlines, or just an overall cover for the RP. And if you dont want to, we dont have to use it at all.

Here it is:
[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2595/716503322f27ff9m3.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Sakura' date='11 July 2010 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1278858109' post='697107']
[size="2"][color="#800080"]Takuya, long time no see. Thinking of trying to get back into the swing of OB and saw your thread so I thought I'd check it out.

I'm kinda out of the Pokemon swing so I don't really know the different cities and stuff past the first gen. games and some of the second gen. Any help on that would probably be good, or anywhere you would prefer me to start?

Will probably try to come up with a scenario sign up, which might take me at least a day. When are you thinking of starting the RP?

Alright, will check back and start working on my basics.[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Well, holy ****, someone I know from before I changed my username.

For the information you wantd, I'd recommend seribii.net. Some people seem to prefer Bulbapedia for Pokemon information, but I've never used that site, so I can't say anything about how useful it is. The RP's probably starting in a day or two, but don't feel like you need to rush; you can post your sign-up whenever. I'm not going to close sign-ups (introducing new characters would be fairly easy in something like this), so there's no hurry.

Humaru: I don't know that I'll be using that, but thanks for it anyways.

A note: Lilt, your sign-up post included Dusa's Abra teleporting her (and please remove that), reminding me that I forgot to mention teleportation and other psychic abilities in my notes, so here goes: Teleportation is not possible. Mind reading is also not possible, although telepathic communication is, to a limited extent. Humans do not have such abailities, however; only Pokemon with psychic abilities can do it. Also, just because a Pokemon has psychic abilities doesn't mean it knows how to communicate telepathically. Pokemon in the wild are less likely to be able to communicate telepathically; those who've been around humans for a substantial time, such as those captured by trainers, are the ones that usually develop the ability. In addition, the Pokemon must know the location of the person it's communicating with, which effectively limits the range to line-of-sight (which is why wild Pokemon generally don't bother learning to do it; at that range, they can communicate normally, and they can already understand each other. In most circumstances, it's really only useful for communicating with humans.). Edited by GuyYouMetOnline

• 2 weeks later...
[b]One last question before I post, Guy. (Expect it Monday. I'm really sorry about the delay.)

You said that they are taking turns doing work? What work is it? Just scouting or what?

Thanks again for the help.[/b]

[b]Okay, thank you Guy. :biggrin:

And just letting you know too, I'm moving stuff around in my house today. So if all goes well, I'll be around this week. If not, then I got disconnected from the internet. Thanks for being so patient with me. :sweatdrop: [/b]

Is this a thing that is still going on? Usually I try to post once every two days, but it seems like its been a while since I last posted and no one has gone after me :( I was just going to edit my post and add the post I was going to do tonight so I don't double post but I won't bother if it's not going to progress any further :( .