OtakuBoards

College.

Claire

[quote name='Ravenstorture' date='15 July 2010 - 03:48 AM' timestamp='1279180100' post='697326']
Hey cool, our state is trialling the position of Physician's assistants as well - they've shipped a few hundred over from the states for the trial. However it's just a trial, and unsure as to whether the position will even be available, and my uni is running a two year physician's assistant course at the cost of an arm and a leg, without any guarantee at a job at the other end! Rather greedy, I would think.
[/quote]

The only trials I know about is the changing of the name of the profession from Physician Assistant to Physician Associate. The profession is over 60 years old and its evolved quite a bit and "assistant" seems a rather narrow titles. The scope of practice is much larger. The future aspect of the career seem to be good, its rapidly expanding and PAs are high in demand. And with the health care bill kicking into effect down the road I see the medical field expanding along with the demand for PAs. Well I live in NYC and as far as I'm concerned, its a secure career and investment. Edited by Blue

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][b]What college do you attend?[/b]
University of Limerick

[b]What are you studying?[/b]
Bachelor of Business Studies w/ Japanese (Majoring in marketing and advertising). Hopefully going to use this to spring-board into Post-Graduate Medicine.

[b]Do you live on campus?[/b]
Not quite. I live in student-centred accommodation about 10 minutes walk away from the university.[/size][/font]

Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI

Graphic Design with a Marketing minor, possibly a core concentration in Psychology. I was double minoring in Marketing and Anthropology/Sociology but I proved to hate Anthro so I dropped that. Graphic Design major is proving to be fun though, albeit not much of a challenge yet. I'm taking Advanced Design in the fall so we'll see how that goes.

I did freshman year and I will again sophomore year. Living in the same building with mostly the same people. We're living in the English Language learning students so it's always fun to teach them funny things. We had a kid from Korea first semester that we taught horrible, horrible things to. Example, we taught him that "you a ho" was a compliment and that he should say it to girls when he wanted to say they were pretty. Boundless entertainment with them.

[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]Me = Club Mac [Macquarie Uni][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]BBA/BA (European Studies)[/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]I used to live on campus at college, for about 3 years, but this year decided it was time to trial being a grown up and so moved out. Best years of my life, though. Loved it. College is genius! [/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]
[/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2]James: I thought Griffith was in Brisbane? [/size][/font]

[b]What college do you attend? [/b]
Starting this next fall semester, I'll be attending Texas A&M University.

[b]What are you studying?[/b]
I'll be majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

[b]Do you live on campus?[/b]
I will live on campus... In the biggest dorm on campus... The one that I absolutely did not want to get assigned to but my mother made me do it anyway...
On the bright side though, my roommate seems quite nice. =]

Although I'm excited to start college and the new life and yadda yadda yadda, I'm really liking this summer and bouncing between my little home town and San Antonio.