OtakuBoards

Anticipating Games 2010 Edition

Magus

Alrighty then. With E3 ending and the bundle of games that were revealed it's that time again. What games, whether old or new can you NOT wait to get your hands on. Heck maybe you're still waiting on getting that PS3/Xbox 360/Wii etc, share all. I won't limit this to just this year seeing how there are still old games I'd like to get my hands on.

As for me, I'm still trying to get a PS3 so I can my hands some of the older games for that. Mainly [b]Metal Gear Solid 4[/b]. Ever since watching a walkthrough of the game made me want it that much more because I know it'll be an entirely different experience once I get my hands on it.

Another oldie I wanna get my hands on is [b]Devil May Cry 4[/b]. I already beat it on the 360, but I wanna play it for the PS3 because I'm a lot better with sony's controller.

Other oldies: Batman Arkham Asylum, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Assassins Creed 2, Street Fighter/Super Street Fighter 4, Bayonetta, Uncharted 2 (that will actually be the 2nd game I get after MGS4)

Now for the newer games. The one game that really struck out at me was [b]Assassins Creed Brotherhood[/b]. I don't know why it struck out so much at me but I guess the thought of leading your own band of mercenaries/assassins just seems far too good to pass on.

And then there's [b]Marvel vs Capcom 3[/b]. Granted that I've hardly played much of it, I'm a big fan of MvC2, or rather the whole Marvel and Capcom crossovers. I love how the game looks and the high-speed action looks great.

That's it for now.

[quote name='Magus' date='20 July 2010 - 10:14 AM' timestamp='1279635281' post='697513']
And then there's [b]Marvel vs Capcom 3[/b]. Granted that I've hardly played much of it, I'm a big fan of MvC2, or rather the whole Marvel and Capcom crossovers. I love how the game looks and the high-speed action looks great.

That's it for now.
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I'm stoked for [b]Marvel vs Capcom 3[/b] as well but it still seems like a long way off. I guess the game set to launch this year that I am most excited for is [b]Call of Duty: Black Ops[/b]. I still play the Special Ops portion of [b]Modern Warfare 2[/b] when I have free time, and I think the newest release of this series is going to be chalk full of goodness.

I'm also looking forward to [b]Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions[/b]. I have never really been interested in a Spider-man game before, but apparently this one is pretty highly anticipated and took several note from [b]Arkham Asylum[/b], which rocked.[/color]

I am a little busy at the moment so I will make this a little brief.

I am PSYCHED for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. It looks awesome even for a a PSP game, the game play looks the same, and the best part is that two voice actors from opposite sides of the Star Wars\Star Trek Geek fandom are going to be in it.

[s]Spock[/s] Leonard Nemoy is playing Master Xehanort and [s]Luke Skywalker[/s] Mark Hamil is playing Master Eraqus.

Forgive me for being a little geeked out from this but I love it.

A lot.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAY4vNJd7A8[/media][/center]

[color=indigo]I can't believe I forgot to mention my most anticipated game of the year. Sure the graphics are a bit old school and I am sure the game play will be easy as pie, but I have a feeling that [b]Scott Pilgrim vs The World[/b] is going to be a truly awesome game. At the very least it has to trump the new Michael Cera movie that also pays homage to the original comic.[/color].

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='23 July 2010 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1279891893' post='697696']
[color=indigo]I can't believe I forgot to mention my most anticipated game of the year. Sure the graphics are a bit old school and I am sure the game play will be easy as pie, but I have a feeling that [b]Scott Pilgrim vs The World[/b] is going to be a truly awesome game. At the very least it has to trump the new Michael Cera movie that also pays homage to the original comic.[/color].
[/quote]
**** yeah, I just read the last volume (which came out like 2 days ago) and it rocked. I was almost able to go to the midnight launch party in Toronto (where the author was there signing copies) but I had to work. Q_Q

[quote="Boo"]The new Golden Sun. :^D[/quote]
[size="6"]Indeed.[/size]

Also super excited for [b]Starcraft II[/b] which comes out in like 4 days![/font][/color]

[b]I'm of course looking forward to Birth by Sleep, but since that has already been mentioned, I'll bring up another game that I'm looking forward to.

[url="http://www.sega.com/games/valkyria-chronicles-2/"]Valkryia Chronicles 2:[/url]
I don't know much about this game besides it's a strategy RP and I know I should play the first one, but I don't have a PS3. >_> So I might pick this one up. I was never a big fan of strategy RP's, but after playing Disgaea and Eternal Poison I'm willing to give this one a try.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='23 July 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1279954396' post='697738']
[b]I'm of course looking forward to Birth by Sleep, but since that has already been mentioned, I'll bring up another game that I'm looking forward to.

[url="http://www.sega.com/games/valkyria-chronicles-2/"]Valkryia Chronicles 2:[/url]
I don't know much about this game besides it's a strategy RP and I know I should play the first one, but I don't have a PS3. >_> So I might pick this one up. I was never a big fan of strategy RP's, but after playing Disgaea and Eternal Poison I'm willing to give this one a try.[/b]
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]DO IIIIT. The first game was amazing. And this is coming from a guy who [i][b]hates [/b][/i]strategy RPGs.
...and now I need to get a PSP ._.

Anyway, [b]Fallout New Vegas[/b]. Need I say more?[/color]

• 2 months later...
[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][color="#9932CC"]So Nintendo had their annual press conference tonight. We should get this thread a-goin' again.

What game am I anticipating now?

Two words and a number:

[url="http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/09/29/mega-man-legends-3-we-are-not-kidding-2/"][b][size="7"]Megaman Legends 3.[/size][/b][/url]

That is all.[/color][/font]

-----------------

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gufhYicCUs4[/media]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Okay Nintendo, seriously. You are going to cause me to have a glee-induced heart attack. [i]Stop it.[/i] Or better yet, don't. But you're footing the bill on this one.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

• 3 weeks later...
You can throw me in the camp for the new Golden Sun as well even though I've yet to play the first 2. (I will eventually)
I'm also looking forward to Street Fighter vs Tekken.

That's all I can really think of at the moment since I've been out of the game loop for a while.

• 1 month later...
Thought I'd revive this seeing that's quite a few new games coming this year (Thinking about making a new thread).

Mass Effect 3
Batman Arkham City
Uncharted 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Gears of War 3
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Final Fantasy Versus 13

Just about everything I listed have a 3 in it.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure if FFV13 is coming out this year or not, along with MGSR so those are for "just incase" purposes.

I've yet to play the first 2 Mass Effect's (I do have ME2) but I'm highly anticipating 3.

I've yet to play Batman but I have seen a walkthrough for it and liked what I saw.

Gears 3 and MvC3 are a given.

Despite Tomonobu Itagaki's departure I'm quite anxious to see what Team Ninja can do to carry on with the Ninja Gaiden series. I think I've seen a few reviews stating that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was better than the original NG2. Of course you have your hardcore purists who thinks otherwise, but "shrugs". Edited by Magus

[font="Arial"][size="2"]For me I think the following games are ones I'm keeping a keen eye on:[/size][/font][size="2"][b][font="Arial"]

Zelda: Skyward Sword[/font]
Batman: Arkham City
Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception [/b]

Those are probably the only three games I'm gonna get next year. [/size] Edited by Morbo