OtakuBoards

Witches: Mankinds Hope

Akieen Cloud

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali slowly made her way back to the bed, slightly dizzy, her head throbbing pain down her spine. She was still trembling slightly due to the information Marcus had just given her about Tempest, slowly laying down she leaned back into the pillows and felt her exhausted body drift into a light slumber. Unsure of how long she was asleep, she was woken by a loud sound outside the window. Rubbing her eyes she winces as the motion shot pain through her injured hand and wrist, getting up from the bed slowly she made her way over to the window and looked down, she blinked as she saw Tempest standing under the window looking up. Taking a deep breath she opened it and stared down at the man.
"What do you want Tempest?"
"Can we talk?"
"Why? Last time we talked, you didn't take the hint."
"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you, I don't know what came over me. I just want to talk."
Ali frowned and crossed her arms on the ledge of the window.
"You know, if Demetri found you down there, he'd be really pissed."
"Why? I heard about what he said to you. I figured that you'd be done with him by now. Isn't that why you were so upset this morning?"
She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed.
"Tempest, I don't know how many times I have to go over this with you. Nothing is going to separate us."
"Wait, you forgive him?!"
She moved to close the window and stopped.
"Are you serious Ali? Your actually forgiving that bastard?!"
"Shut up Tempest or I'll come down there and shut your mouth for you, I'm starting to get green and I'll have no problem beating the hell out of you."
He stalled for a moment, caught on her sentence.
"Green?"
"It means I haven't killed anything in a while and I'm feeling the itch. Just go away. Stop chasing me."
She moved away from the window, heading to lay back in bed when the sound of someone, or thing coming through the window made her whirl around, the quick motion making her dizzy, making her want to vomit as her vision swam. Her world shifted and she fell to the floor, her legs crumpling beneath her. Looking up she stared into the reddish brown eyes of Tempest.
"You shouldn't move so fast, you might have a concussion."
"You would know, you gave it to me."
"I didn't mean to."
She pulled away from him as he tried to pick her up off the floor.
"Don't touch me. Get the hell out of here before I call for Demetri."
"I'm not afraid of him. I'll fight him for you."
"Tempest, your sick. You need help."
"I need you."
She slapped his hand away as he reached for her again, growling he grabbed her upper arms and threw her on the bed causing her to yelp, she tried to right her self but felt her balance shift yet again and toppled back into the pillows of the bed. She could see Tempest getting closer, but her disoriented body wouldn't respond. The next thing she knew there was a loud crash through out the room, a blast sounded off like a gunshot and she could hear a mass tumbling down the stairs. Getting herself together she stumbled through the door and down the stairs in time to see Tank and Tempest right themselves, a gash across Tank's eye. Tempest swung his fist out just before Tank had managed to transform fully, the resounding crack of the fire users fist against the boys chin echoing in the small area; what happened next was a blur.
"Don't you dare hurt my brother!"
Ali flinched as the tree outside the door seemed to come to life, the trunk sprouting new growth, the thick green vines rushing through the doorway and grabbing hold of Tempest and dragging him through the door, his scream echoing through the house and outside. Ali looked down to see Lily stalk forward, an angry pout on the young girl's face as she approached Tempest, the poor young man hanging upside down by his ankle. Ali looked out the window and blinked, the trees all across the island were erupting with the vines, the vines themselves snapping this way and that making the peaceful island look more like something from a monster book. Ali watched as the young girl than proceeded to yell at the man as he hung there, her young shrill voice catching the attention of the others, Ali tried to raise her voice above the noise to get the girls attention and get her to stop, but her weakened body refused to supply her the energy it needed, her skin turned pale and clammy and she felt her eyes roll into the back of her head as she collapsed onto the carpet as her body gave out due to exhaustion.[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demitri seemed a bit thrown off by the concern of their youngest member, but he had to remember, she wasn't as young as they all thought. Throughout the years of being with the HDF she's proven herself to be an asset to the team along with the company, her childish nature was just her way of relieving stress from the others, or so Demitri thought. But, he had to hand it to the little lady, she was more tough than he had originally thought when she was assigned to their team 3 years ago. But still, her words of warning still hit Demitri at a sensitive spot, one he didn't want to openly admit to his fellow teams that he possessed.

"Pocket, you have no idea how sorry I am for the way I acted back at my parents house. I was exhausted, not thinking straight and..." Demitri stopped himself for a moment, nothing was a viable excuse to do what he did to her and Lily, it was unacceptable to even attack the two under anger and stress. Demitri scratched the back of his head for a moment and closed his eyes to ponder his words, but there was still a small burning sensation that came from the back of his head, just like before, but this sensation seemed deeper than that. Demitri rubbed it off as he opened his eyes to see Pocket's amber red gaze starting directly at him, she was shaking a little bit as she held her found, it even made Demitri uncomfortable to see his team mate like this. The giant slowly extended his open palm towards the young girl, she looked at his hesitantly, but feeling a little comfortable, she placed her own had in the center of his palm, their body heat connecting as he forced a small smile at the corner of his mouth. "I'm sorry, I wasn't myself like you know me to be. It should have happened to you, nor Lily. But I Love Alex with all of my heart. Those things that were said, they weren't me. I don't know how to explain it Pocket, but I can assure you, I would never say something like that to the woman I wanna have in my family." Demitri smiled at the though when he mentioned that to Alex a few days ago. Pocket seemed to blush as she smiled.

"Have you asked her? Like officially....officially?"

"Not yet no, but I passed the thought along to her. But I don't know if anytime soon would be the right time. But, I still love the girl to death, and would do anything to make sure she's well protected from anyone who would do harm to her." Demitri took his hand back and looked into his palm, her hand seemed so tiny when it rested there, just like a baby's hand would.

"I'm still a little uneasy, but I know you to be a good guy Demmy. Just...just think sometimes, o.k? No one likes to see you upset, we all know what can happen" She flinched at the thought of the the Wind Wizard making that tornado at the Athens Mansion when he wasn't in control. It made the girl ponder if the storm from last night was a result of Demitri losing control of his gifts as well, there was also that instance in the Ball Room of the HDF base, but it seemed like his powers manifested when lightning struck Demitri and Hank directly, but they both were still alive and breathing.

"I promise, I'll do my best to make sure you're never uncomfortable around me Pocket. Don't you remember I kept trying to talk to you when you first came onto the team? Now those were fun times when you heard all my drunken stories and mission" Demitri smiled as he laughed a bit at the sweet memory, Pocket giggled a little and blushed, adjusting her glasses in the process. Both of the soldiers noticed as Tank and Lily strolled inside the house cabin in the distance, just going about their activities like normal. Gene strolled his way towards the two after finishing his beverage, taking off his shades he flashed the two a smile.

"Hey guys, glad to see things are calming down now that we got Ali under the roofs again" The ice mage spoke. There was some commotion that came from the house, sounded like arguing for a moment before a small scream escaped through the doors. "Was that Lily?" Gene questioned as he dropped his drink of the ground.

"Lily!" Pocket yelled as she began to run towards the house, followed close by Demitri and Gene, without notice, all the roots from the ground sprung up, tripping the trio as they fell to the ground.

"What in the world?" Demitri grunted as he felt the sting on his elbow that he fell on, he noticed Gene helping pocket to her feet, but what they saw amazed the group. The vines from the trees reached through the door, smashing the wooden barrier, but what it brought out was more shocking the the commander. The branches and wines brought out Tempest, shouting and yelling as they held him tight within the binds. The three saw the small girl, Lily, walking slowly out of the doorway, holding her hands out towards Tempest to keep him held, tears flowed down her glowing green eyes as she gritted her teeth. Pocket rushed over to her side, but Lily held her spot.

"Lily, honey let him go" Pocket placed her hands on Lilys shoulder, shaking the young girl roughly, but she wouldn't budge Demitri moved inside the house along with gene, both saw the chaos that made their hearts leap. Tank struggled as he supported himself on his elbows, blood dripping down the side of his face, there was a deep gash going down the side of his face as the giant huffed and hissed in pain, mixing his tears with his own blood.

"TANK!" Gene shouted as he dove to the man's side, leaning his body against the wall as Gene examined the wound. Demitri stood over the two as he looked upstair and saw a faint arm flail in the air on the stop step.

"Alex..." Demitri gasped as he reached the top of the step and saw Ali breathing heavily where she laid. Demitri knelt down to her side and kissed his love on the side of the cheek, awakening her actions to open her eyes and adjust her vision to see the man she cared for.

"De-demit..." She winced in pain, her body was sore and head swam with vertigo. Demitri took the hint and scooped her up in his arms as he looked downstairs, seeing Gene lean Tank's body against his, Tanks massive arm around Gene's shoulder. There was a quick flash of light that glared from Demitri's view, then the red spark got bigger and bigger, until it was now a constant glow.

'LILY!!!" Pocket screamed, within an instant, Demitri could see her body fly into the living room, crushing against the couch as smoke smothered her back, Lily cried as he arm had a deep red mark on it, Pocket struggled to stay conscious as she winced in pain. Demitri finally made it down the stairs with Ali to see Tempest standing in the doorway with the woods set afire behind him. Tank turned his body into steel, every part besides his head as he stood up on his own, struggling some in the process. The steel man charged at Tempest with all his might, raging after the assault on his sister, but the man was sent flying to the same living room just as Pocket and Lily, but crashed on the coffee table.

"She...will be...MINE" Tempest launched another fire blast towards Demitri, ALi and Gene, without warning, Demitri's powers acted on their own as he held onto her body tight, but the wind surrounded the three as the fire collided. Demitri and Gene marveled how the fire fought with all its might to pass Demitri's surprising wind barrier, but the fire finally dissipated from the lack of power, vanishing as the wind vanished as well. Tempest grew angry that his marveled crush was in the arms of Demitri, the giant's eyes glowed white as he gritted his teeth, Gene's body began to emit mists of cold from his flesh, charging up his powers.

"Not without a fight" Demitri growled in his deep voice. There was another pain that shot in the back of his neck, this time, there was a voice that talked along with the stinging pain.

([color="#8B0000"][i][b]Show no mercy...kill him[/b][/i][/color])

The voice almost sounded familiar, there was a vast echo that muffled the tone a bit, but the veins on his body popped out and flowed more blood throughout his body. He felt somewhat...furious, not that he didn't need to be, but he almost felt as if he was, murderous. His grip on Ali seemed to become tighter as she began to wince in his grip, but then again, another fire blast came towards the group, but this time, it was Frost who shot a blase of freezing moisture that collided with the fire. Both negating their powers upon impact, sending a shock wave that pushed everyone back unexpectedly. Demitri dropped Ali as all three flew to the wall, Gene hitting his shoulder on the corner as he rolled into the living room with the others. Tempest flew out the door and landed on the porch, groaning in his self induced pain. Demitri quickly got up as the voice spoke again in his head.

([color="#8B0000"][i][b]He's harmed your friends, your woman....kill him while the time is right[/b][/i][/color]) Demitri didn't know what happened next, but he acted on his rage impulse and made his way outside, tackling tempest before he could get on his feet as both men rolled on the ground fighting one another. ([color="#8B0000"][b][i]Yes, eliminate him, fill your blood lust and claim your prize....wind wizard[/i][/b][/color]) The voice continued, Demitri didn't want to even question how it knew his own personal HDF title. Both both men stood on their own and used their powers over one another, wind blowing more fire onto the tree. More fire blasting to add to the already burning forest around the island. Edited by Mage17

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali screamed as her back hit the wall, Gene groaning next to her.
"W-What the hell happened?"
"I think we found who gave you that knock on your head..."
Gene shook his head trying to right hi vision as Ali tried to get to her feet, her knees not wanting to support her weight, she could feel tears sting her eyes as she saw Demetri roll through the sand with Tempest.
"No, he'll kill him!"
Gene scoffed next to her as he righted himself.
"Good, that little chump needs to learn some manners."
Ali shook her head, ignoring the vertigo it sent through her body.
"That's not the point Gene! If Demetri kills him he'll never forgive himself! We have to stop him dammit!"
Gene looked down at her and nodded slowly but stopped as Marcus stepped forward, Ali felt her heart tighten more.
"Marcus-"
"I know, don't worry Alex, I'll put an end to this. Gene go check on the girls."
Gene nodded and ran through the house, picking Lily up and checking on Pocket, both girls were burned, but shaken more than injured. Ali looked up as the runes on the Mystic's body began to glow, Ali blinked and held her forehead as his emotions flooded into her, her own memories as well as Marcus'. She could see Masan and her self, and she realized with a pull at her heart how much she resembled the woman from his past. The scene of Tempest throwing her against the tree flooding her mind and she panicked slightly worrying that Marcus was going to let his anger get the better of him as well. Ali ducked as a large blast of fire snaked through the house, yelping as it touched her skin, Marcus turned and threw his cloak over her body to shield her.
"Stay here, and stay under that, no matter what happens."
She nodded automatically, his glowing runes distracting her from hearing his actual words, she watched as he stalked from the house just as the two power giants outside went to clash yet again, both powers clashing with Marcus and flying back towards their creators. Her hand cupped her mouth as she caught sight of Demetri, his cloths were burned and his eyes were glowing white as he bared his teeth and tried to get to the fire user. Ignoring the pain in her body she threw the cloak off and made her weak legs dash through the house, Gene's voice echoing behind her. Stumbling down the steps she rushed past Marcus who reached for her losing his concentration as Tempest shot another blast of fire towards the soldier. Ali wrapped her arms around Demetri's waist and buried her face in his chest.
"Stop! Please, it's enough! If you keep going like this you'll kill him!"
"Good."
She looked up shocked as Demetri's voice growled above her, sounding more like an animal than a human, she shook her head and held onto him tighter as his powers brought up a wind shield to block the fire blast from Tempest.
"Stop! Demetri stop right now!"
He growled and threw his arm to the left throwing her off, she screamed as she hit the side of the house, her head bouncing off the wood siding and reopening her wound.
"Alex!"
She looked up as Marcus and Jason knelt beside her.
"She's bleeding again. I'll kill that bastard."
She reached out to grab his arm and frowned as she missed, her body being pushed against the house as another wind blast whipped through the area, forcing herself to her feet she stumbled towards Demetri and felt a scream tear from her throat as one of Tempest's fire blasts hit her on the back. She fell forward into warm arms, expecting to see Demetri she was slightly shocked to see Marcus looked down at her, his worried expression flooding her vision.
"Alex..."
She winced and closed her eyes as he buried his face in the top of her hair, his runes glowing more brightly that she could ever remember, his anger pouring into her.
"I'm putting an end to this."
She gasped as he stood, cradling her with one arm to keep her upright as he faced to two rage hazed men. [/color][/font]

[size="1"]The runes glowing brighter and brighter by the second, becoming white hot in appearance as he supported Ali with one arm. His own rage seemed to the others around him as if it was out of control as the two fighting on the sand now, his was, however, controlled rage. Tempest and Demetri were fighting with a blood rage that would ultimately devour everyone around them, and then finally they would die in the conflagration of it all. Bloodshed like this was never anything that could be subsided with reason, the only thing they responded too was power, and Marcus would show all that he dared. The fact that his runes glowed to brilliantly now registered what was to come and all that would follow. He looked to Ali, his mind regressing to a time when he held Masan the same, her body limp as her eyes followed everything he did. Both had shown him the fear, that night with Masan however, had ended with her death. He remembered her eyes, he could see the life leaving as she spoke the final words to him of her love for him, how everything did matter even if she was gone.
[b]
"I won't fail you again, never ever again Masan."[/b] He whispered the words, not sure if Ali had heard any of it. He walked forward until they were directly between the two combatants. His glowing runes now produced a radius of shielding, the fire and wind blasts grazing past his protective bubble. He laid down Ali gently before speaking to her one more time.
[b]
"Please forgive me for what I must do."[/b] He rose again, his hands free as Ali looked up at him as she lifted herself up on her elbows. He didn't see the look in her eyes as he stepped into his own world, the runes and words floating before him as he readied the incantation. His feet firmly planted with as he listed his glowing hands, his fingers facing towards to the sky as he became claw like.
[b]
"Desma No Setra Sras En Toro Gest Dem Le Inose Mossen Neamos!"[/b] His hands lancing upward as the sand beneath them two shooting up, the sand geyser's sending them both upward, disrupting their attacks on one another. The sand forming around them, taking hold of them with such force it was like a giant fist holding them tight. They both fought the sand, Demetri trying to blast it apart with the wind, Tempest using his fire to crystallize it and try to shatter it. Marcus moved his hands around, swirling them through the air as he began his words a new, the sand geysers rolling them around in the air causing them to disorient further. Both still fired off shots of power, their anger growing and their blood lust seemed to seep from every pore now. Tempest let loose a rouge wave of fire, enough force that it passed through the sand and headed in his direction. The wave threatening to consume Ali, Marcus adjusted his stance, the shield blocking the wave at the last moments, the fire licked at the invisible barrier before dispersing.
[b]
"Kanos Mestra Seamos Adun Balan Et Soriam Contrasa."[/b] His hands moved with the words, violent motions caused the sand geysers to swing the two around, them making contact with the trees and cabins, the damage becoming clear as Marcus focused on the raw power. He cared nothing for the blood he would spill today, he only cared if he could bring this all to and end.
[b]
"Cintra Desma Mornia." [/b]With another violent and dramatic gesture, he brought his hands down, palms facing the ground as his fingers straightened out. The two combatants smashing into the ground with such force it created an impact from where they laid, he rose his hands once more and slammed them back down. Demetri and Tempest hitting the ground again, this time it was obvious that they were not longer in any shape to even move anymore. His hands relaxed, the magic fading as the sand simply crumbled around them, sprinkling them with the fine grains as they struggled to move. Tempest breathing heavily as laid on the ground, unable to move, Demetri however, struggled to stand. Failing in his attempt he still tried, his body still strong with the rage. He managed to stand for a few moments before falling forward, Ali looking to Marcus as he knelled in the sand, Jason now standing beside him as he kept his eyes on Tempest. Marcus turned his head to Ali, a smile on his face with wet eyes.
[b]
"I did it this time Masan. I saved you both."[/b] He turned back to stare at the beach, the waves crashing as he came back to himself. The memories fading as he realized what he has said, the tears never reaching his cheeks as he looked to Ali again. She had staggered to Demetri, she looked at him and he could only pray that she could forgive him. [/size]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali looked down at Demetri, her tears dropping into his hair as she touched her forehead to his like she had down so many times in the past to ease the giant but was shocked when it didn't work this time. His breathing still heavy and his fists still clenched in anger.
"Demetri. Please calm down."
He opened his eyes and looked at her, she frowned slightly as she saw bags under her lovers eyes making him look tired and worn out.
"A-Ali?"
"Yeah babe...it's me. You alright?"
"What happened?"
"You tell me...you just seemed to get so angry."
"I had a good reason."
She nodded and winced as her head shot pain down her spine, gritting her teeth she took a deep breath and tried to focus.
"Let's get you back to the house and looked at."
"I'm more worried about you. Your hurt more than me."
She gave him a pained smile and kissed his forehead.
"I'll live, you on the other hand took a hard beating from Marcus."
She stood on shaky legs as Gene and Tank picked Demetri off the sand and carried him back to their cabin, walking over to Marcus she knelt down slowly and put her hand on his, her light colored skin clashing with his darker toned skin.
"Thank you Marcus. You stopped them, I'm glad. I was afraid that Demetri would kill him...he'd never forgive himself if he did that."
The tired man looked up at her and smiled weakly, putting a hand on her shoulder he nodded to tired to talk. She followed as Jason put his arm under Marcus' and lifted him from the ground.
"Let's go loincloth man. Time for a nap."
Ali giggled slightly causing the two men to smile back at her, Marcus frowned and pulled away from Jason.
"Jason, get Tempest to the spare cabin. I'm going to seal him in that way he won't be any more trouble. Alex, I'm going to have to ask that you stay away from him til we can get him back to HQ."
She nodded in understanding and watched as Jason drug Tempest to the small cabin and supported Marcus as he placed bright blue runes on the building effectively sealing the man inside. She exhaled a deep breath as a wave of vertigo hit her again, her vision swimming. Her balanced shifted to the left and she tilted slightly getting caught by Gene as he stepped around the corner of the cabin.
"Whoa, you alright Talon?"
She nodded and headed back to the house that held Demetri, walking in she slowly made her way upstairs to see him sitting on the edge of the bed, his handsome face set into a deep scowl as he studied his hands, he seemed to be deep in thought and bothered. She simply stood in the door way and watched him for a few more minutes, not liking the look on his face. Clearing her throat she sighed as it changed into his warm smile he always had for her.
"You alright?"
He nodded and stood, his body covered in scrapes and bruises but nothing to bad from the mystic's rough treatment, for that she was thankful. He lead her to the bed and helped her sit on the edge, she was comfortable til something caught her attention. Looking over she saw an innocent looking sandwich sitting on the bedside table. She frowned at it as the smell of tuna wafted with the breeze to meet her nose.
"You okay Ali? You just got really pale."
She nodded slowly until another small breeze sent the smell back at her, clapping a hand over her mouth she rushed into the bathroom slamming the door behind her. Demetri blinked in shock as he heard the woman begin to vomit violently. She emerged a few moments later looking pale and clammy.
"Alex, are you alright?"
She nodded and pointed to the food.
"Can you get that out of here? I think it's rancid."
"How? Gene just made it for me."
She shrugged and watched as he took the tuna away, once it was gone she relaxed and sat down on the bed smiling as Demetri joined her, leaning in to him she closed her eyes and sighed as his arm went around her shoulders. Ali squeaked as she suddenly felt her world shift and found herself under the large man as he looked down at her, a predatory look in his eyes.
"Demetri?"
"I wanted to make it up to you, what I said this morning."
"Demetri you-"
She was cut off as his mouth covered her's, her need for the man bogging down her common sense as she surrendered herself to him. [/color][/font]

Demitri couldn't take his mind of the woman who was hurt, scorned, tortured and manipulated by one person, and now that her life was threatened again, he was going to make due on his promise for a family. Though sore from all his injuries from the fight, he would muster enough strength to make sure he would be there for Ali, when she needed it personally along with emotionally...but the most importantly, physically. Demitri released his kiss from his love, moving her body underneath his fully as he pressed his to her's in a semi rough fashion as he removed his tattered **** from his chest, breathing heavily as he looked down at his lover, peering into her eyes as she returned the gaze, licking her dry lips for a moment before she felt Demitri's press against her's in a more gentle touch. Demitri planted kisses upon kisses before he began to trail down her neck line, licking and nipping at the tender flesh, hearing the moans and gasps escape her mouth drove the man wild, just like before, but now the giant was in full control of his actions.

"Ali" He whispered as he grabbed onto the collar of her blouse with both hands before ripping the fabric down the middle, exposing her bare body to the heat of the room, Ali gasped at the sudden action, but her body didn't protest and neither did she when the giant used his wind slices to carefully tear her bottoms off, small nicks of wind caught her flesh, only leaving a trail of a burn mark where they passed.

"D-Demtiri..." Ali arched her back as waves of pleasure coursed through her body, Demitri lifted one of her frail legs and began to kiss another trail, going lower and lower until he found his prize between her thighs, the most sacred area his lover would ever permit the man to explore of her terms, and now, the giant felt blessed to try and accomplish a goal. He wanted to make sure his lover was satisfied and pleased with his affection, Ali grabbed onto the bed sheets as she moved violently, yet softly at the assault of pleasure he felt. He mind going numb, even words couldn't escape her mouth as Demitri spread her legs apart before looking at his lover's body from his view. The giant paused for a moment, skillfully removing his trousers during his assault, Demitri raised himself on his knees as he got closer to his love, hovering over her body, seeing the sweat escape from her forehead and body. Taking his large hand, Demitri cupped Ali's chin to made the young girl face him before he continued.

"Ali...do you trust me? Do you trust me to be at your side, through thick and thin my love?" Demitri panted, exhausted and train of thought slowly going away, he looked down onto the now shadowed woman as she raised her arms and placed them behind the mans broad neck, leading him down into a passionate kiss. Giving her lover the green light to mate with her, slowly, Demitri came closer and closer to his lovers body, feeling her body shift uncomfortably at first with small yelps, Ali bit down into her wrist as she looked to the side, the giant leaned in close and gave small nibbles on the side of her neck when he was touching her flesh once again with his body. A small tear trail trickled down Ali's flushed cheek, muffling her whimpers, she relaxed moments after until demitri began to move his body slowly, retreating from her body and thrusting back in a hesitant, but smooth motion. Grabbing onto the headboard of the bed, Demitri arched his head back in a snap motion, whipping is hair behind his shoulders as he continued to make love to Alex, huffing her name as he quickened his pace little by little, sweat dropping from his face and landing on Ali's chest. She too, assisted in their mating, wrapping her legs around the mans thighs, making their connection deeper as the woman cried in her own pains from the wounds she received. They were nothing compared to how Demitri was making her body feel at the moment. The muscular man stammered as he felt pressure build up in his body, the giant looked down onto his love as his pace quickened. He promised his love a family, and whatever he took, he was going to deliver it one way or another, shivering from the heat of their bodies and his sensation, he gave one last thrust before feeling release, the same release as Ali as she called his name. Demitri's grip on the headboard tightened, making cracks in the polished wood, hearing the wooden chips rise like dust into the air. Ali stayed motionless, her breathing erratic like her lovers, Demitri leaned down and kissed her softly before withdrawing his body before he hovered over her once again, leaning to his side as he covered Alex with the thin sheet of the bed. The young girl wrapped the sheet around her chest as her hair laid over her pillow, she looked over to her side and wiped the tears away from her eyes.

"I do...I do..." She whispered before letter her eyes drop slowly, she needed the rest as Demitri rose slowly before finding his own thin sheet and covered himself up before going to the restroom to wash his face. The small burns on his body and scratches throbbed, but it was minor pain to the man as he splashed some water in his face and looked into the mirror. Looking into his reflection, he noticed only his right eye had his originla hazel color, but the left was completely white.

(Did you enjoy the fruit of your labors Wind Wizard?) The same voice as before, the once who enticed the giant to fight Tempest, spoke again with a small chuckled. Once again, it seemed familiar, yet Demitri couldn't put his finger on remembering who's voice it was.

"Who...who are you" Demitri stood straight up, to him, he saw his eyes normally, but in the reflection, it showed another presence was with him. Yet Demitri only saw his own eyes, not the new milky white side as the voice continued to talk.

(I am you inner thoughts, the inner power of lightning you choose to keep inside of you. Time has made me strong my friend, but you are in danger...) The cold, menacing voice snickered for a moment, Demitri shook his head a couple of times before splashing more water onto his face, seeing the mirror again, he saw nothing but his own eyes.

"What dangers are you talking about? Sybille? the Gods?"

(No Wind Wizard...your friends. They are plotting against you and your family, why wouldn't they? You're well know, a force to be dealt with, and your riches are never ending. I would be wary of them...) The voice laughed uncontrollably now as the echo slowly disappeared into the walls, and then there was only silence. Demitri shook his head slowly, but now he felt weak all over his body, almost numb as he took a seat on the toilet, rubbing his eyes from the burning sensation he suddenly felt, as if he's been up all night for days on end. The giant finally made it onto his feet again and made his way out of the room and downstairs, some of the others had already been waiting on their own just to relax after the elemental skirmish. Sasa was the first to jokingly cat call whistle Demitri as he passed into the kitchen, the other looked to see the man covered only in the bed sheet. Demitri grabbed a coffee mug and poured himself a cold cup of coffee. He looked over the corner of his eye while the others talked, he could tell that Lily and Pocket weren't with the others. But Tank was present, the side of his face wrapped around his gashed eye area, the giant slowly made his way towards teh others. It was Jason who mad the first comment towards the giant.

"Why is it that whenever you get pissy, you harm my sister?" He snapped as the wolf man crossed his arms. Demitri didn't answer as he placed his large hand on Tank's shoulder, but it was during the touch, the voice came out again, making the giant lean his head to the side to crack his neck.

(The man will kill you, he thinks he's better and stronger than you. But remember, steel rusts, hehehe....) The voice escaped his mind once again, there was a distance voice that became more clear after each word was said.

"Commander Athens" The voice shook the giant back to reality as his coffee spilled onto the floor a little. The group was a little thrown off, but the commander replied.

"Yes Marcus?" Demitri looked at the mystic, but his area around his eyes looked dark and red on his pale skin.

"Are you alright sir? We....."

"SHUT UP!!!!" Demitri shouted as he turned and tossed his coffee mug to the wall, shocking the group a little as they all jumped slightly in their spots. The voice issuing another warning that didn't please the giant one bit, causing his sudden reaction. Marcus stood from the couch and looked at the mess, Demitri shook a little where he stood, turning he covered his eyes and made his way back upstairs, not a word spoken. Tank merely raised his good eyebrow as the commander vanished from sight up the stairs.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali stirred slightly in her sleep hearing the shattering mug from downstairs, sitting up slowly; her body still sore, she rubbed her eyes gently.
"Demetri?"
Holding the sheet against her chest she slipped from the bed and looked around the room noticing he was no where to be seen.
"Demetri are you in here love?"
Still no answer, but she could hear his voice, following the echoing she walked towards the bathroom and peered in through the crack. She could see her lover leaning against the bathroom sink, one hand gripping the counter tight enough his knuckles were turning white, his other hand was covering half his face as he stared into the mirror frowning deeply. Putting her hand against the door frame she watched as his lips moved quickly, his whispers echoing through out the bathroom though they were hard to distinguish. She frowned slightly as he shook his head, as if trying to clear it and than stared back into the mirror.
"Who are you...?"
Her frown got deeper as his lips moved again in silent whispers.
[i]Is he...is he talking to him self?[/i]
She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and pushed the door open silently.
"Demetri, are alright?"
He spun around quickly, shocking her and making her lose her balance as she toppled to the right catching herself on the door.
"Ali? I thought you were sleeping."
"I was, but I heard something break. Is...is everything okay?"
"It's nothing you should worry about."
She tilted her head to the side as she felt his guarded emotions, she reached out to take his hand and jumped as he pulled away from her.
"D-Demetri?"
"Just...go back to bed Alex."
Swallowing the lump in her throat she took a shaky step towards the man, she knew he would never hurt her intentionally but she could feel the man was unstable, that something was wrong. One thing being that he had used her full name and his guarded emotions were another sign. Reaching out towards him again she gasped as he pulled away again, this time his large hand catching her's, she winced as she felt one of her fingers crack under the pressure.
"Demetri! Stop this, it's just me!"
He shook his head violently and blinked a few times, looking down at her he frowned as he saw her cradling her hand, reaching forward to take her hand gently he frowned more as she pulled away slightly.
"Ali? I won't hurt you, you know that."
Exhaling heavily she nodded slowly and let him inspect her hand.
"How did you break your finger?"
She frowned more as she looked up at him, her other hand still holding the sheet to her body.
"You...you don't remember?"
"Remember what love?"
"Your the one who broke it Demetri. You pulled away from me and caught my hand. You really don't remember?"
He shook his head slightly, one hand reaching up to cover his right eye, letting her go he took a couple steps away from her and gripped the sink again.
"Demetri? What's the matter?"
"Nothing, I'm just exhausted."
"Than come to bed. Please?"
"I'll be there in a minute."
She nodded slowly before reentering the bedroom, she watched as he looked back into the mirror, the same deep scowl etched into his features. She decided she didn't like that look on the man she loved, it didn't fit him, he was usually always so gentle and warm especially when he was around her. Sighing she sat down on the bed and looked out the window as the sun began to sink down below the shore, she could see the others filing out of their cabin towards the shoreline to watch the sunset. She looked back at her door as a soft knock came into the room.
"Alex, may I enter?"
She smiled softly as Marcus' voice drifted through the room to her, she pulled the sheet slightly tighter around her making sure she was completely covered.
"Of course Marcus, come in."
She eyed the small plate he had with him, her stomach growling and reminding her that she had skipped food entirely that day, Marcus chuckled as he heard the sound.
"I thought you might be slightly hungry, I also came to check on the Commander he was acting slightly disturbed when he came down stairs."
"I know what you mean...he's in the bathroom right now, but something is wrong with him, he's not him self."
Marcus nodded as he looked towards the bathroom.
"Should I talk to him?"
"No, it's alright. I'll handle him. Thank you by the way for dinner."
"My pleasure Alex. Good night dear."
She smiled and nodded.
"Good night Marcus."
She shut the door gently behind him, wincing slightly as it jarred her injured finger, turning she walked over to the plate and peeled back the tin foil, her face dropping into a deep frown as she caught sight of what looked like small game rabbit with green beans and small fresh tomatoes. The smell of the green beans reaching her nose made her stomach turn and with out hesitation she slammed the foil back onto the plate and dashed to the bathroom shoving Demetri away from the toilet and snapping him out of what ever trance he was in. He blinked down at the smaller woman as she hunched over the bowl and retched.
"Ali?"
"Oh god...your still in here. Go away, last thing I want is for you to see me vomit..."
"Why are you vomiting in the first place?"
"I don't know...just don't feel so good all of a sudden..."
He pulled her hair away from her face and placed a cool, wet washcloth to the back of her neck as she heaved again, waiting til he was sure she was done he bent down and scooped her into his arms.
"Wait, can you just...can I brush my teeth first?"
He nodded and held onto her while she brushed her teeth quickly, getting rid of the sour aftertaste, once done she leaned back against his broad chest she felt the warmth from his body and smiled, feeling better just as suddenly as she had gotten sick. Turning in his arms she planted a kiss to his chest smiling as he arched a brow and looked down at her. Dropping her gaze she traced his scars with her lips, hearing his breathing get more rapid as he put his hands on her shoulders gripping her tightly, his body reacting to her almost instantly. She continued to guide him back towards the bed smiling as he grunted and fell back onto the mattress looking up at her.
"Ali? I thought you said you felt sick?"
Not answering him she stood and released the towel leaving her bare to him, she felt her self blush slightly as his gaze took her in hungrily, getting on her hands and knees she crawled over top of him til she could look down into his eyes, leaning down she kissed him deeply moaning as his hands wound into her hair and he rolled over pinning her beneath him. His touches were soft and gentle this time, both taking their time to explore each others bodies as the sun sank lower and lower til only the glow of the moon reflected off of their skin. Ali sat up straddling her lover as he looked up at her, arching her back as she moved only to be pulled to the side as Demetri took over once again, they switched many times during their love making throughout the next few hours. Once it was over Ali lay on the bed, the thin sheet pulled over the both of them, her eyes drifted shut as sleep finally over took her, her red hair clashing with the white pillows and her arm resting on the warm mattress where Demetri had been moments before when she had fallen asleep, completely unaware of the fact he was gone or the fact that Marcus was looking for him. [/color][/font]

[size="1"]Marcus had watched the others filter out of the cabin for Demetri and Alex, Pocket had stayed with him for a few moments longer. She stood beside him as he watched Tank and Lily walk out, her skipping as he followed with a grin on his soon to be scarred face. She looked up at him, seeing the deep frown on his tattooed face, the look almost menacing with the added effect of his runes.
[b]
"Marcus, can i talk to you about something?"[/b] He looked down at her, his attention broken now as he looked into her innocent eyes.
[b]
"Of course Pocket, I'm always open."[/b] She seemed unsure of what to say next, fidgeting a bit as she seemed to look for the right words.
[b]
"I've been having strange dreams. I see where creatures and weird objects, people of all kinds wielding tools and weapons I've never seen before. It all seems so real."[/b] Marcus nodded to her.
[b]
"It happens, especially with everything that's been going here. I would think you should just try to settle your mind more."[/b] She shook her head.
[b]
"No, it's not that. The people and the creatures and anything else I see in those dreams, they interact with me. It's not just a dream, I wanted to ask you if you could search my mind, like you did Demetri."[/b] He looked at her with an unsure expression, he believed it to be simply and over active imagination. But, Pocket wouldn't have come to him if she didn't believe he could help her. He nodded to her again.
[b]
"I will help you however I can, before you go to bed tonight, i'll meet you in your room and prepare the necessary ritual. We will do something different then Demetri, sound good?"[/b] Pocket smiled at him and gave him a great big hug.
[b]
"Thank you so much!"[/b] He chuckled as he hugged her back, she then turned and skipped off like Lily did. He shook his head with a smile on his face, he would help her as soon as he could. Right now, however, he had a suspicion that was now clouding his mind. What Ali had said had sent off some sort of warning in his mind, he never ignored those warnings. He had been taught this his instincts were some of the most fine tuned means of detection humans had. Being more then human, his were greater yet, all of them told him something was not right and he needed to at least glean a little bit before looking for Shadowthrone and handling Pockets problem. He waited patiently, hiding in the darkness of the lower rooms to see if one of his suspicions was correct. When the sun was finally setting, Marcus could start to hear noises in the upper levels. Deciding he should that was the last thing he wanted to hear, he settled in a dark corner and brought out his hourglass, setting it down the liquid flowing as he passed into his meditation. He opened his eyes to his dark world, a figure stood near by, his hood drawn over his head as he watched Marcus slowly rise. The rope that hung at his side was part of his title, he had probably killed more people with that rope then most people did with knives.
[b]
"Why are you here? I didn't call for either of you, i'm not ready to talk to you yet."[/b] The figure shrugged at him.
[b]
"We've been waiting for you, he got impatient and went off. I stayed, knowing you would be here eventually."[/b] Marcus crossed his arms, looking at the gaunt, almost skeletal looking face under that hood. The skin pale as bone, his exposed hands showed that clear enough.
[b]
"What is it you need Cotillion?"[/b] He shifted a bit before speaking.
[b]
"Just came by to see how you were doing, been sometime since we spoke."

"Last time we spoke, everyone didn't think you were dead. Gods only know why you two decided to talk to me." [/b]Cotillion remained silent for the time being, Marcus still didn't understand but they had never answered questions before.
[b]
"Just tell me whats going on. I hide enough things from everyone I care about to keep you two safe." [/b]Cotillion crossed his arms now, simply staring at Marcus.
[b]
"I came because you needed to know some things. Your mission is being sabotaged by a source close at heart."[/b] Marcus pinched the bridge of his nose as he let out a rough sigh.
[b]
"The cryptic messages don't help me any, it would be nice for once if you would just tell me straight out."[/b] Cotillion let a smile creep onto his face.
[b]
"Now you're lying to yourself, you always enjoyed the puzzles. Besides, you know more then you let on, we've seen you explore those other worlds. The things you know, no one should ever know."[/b] Marcus had nothing to say back, everything he said was true.
[b]
"The knowledge helps everyone."

"The knowledge helped the Gods, everyone else you damned to their fate."[/b] Marcus runes glowed slightly. His anger taking hold.
[b]
"I refused them, long ago. I learned every rune, I learned what power was and I learned more then any mortal ever has! I saw the libraries of Alexandra, the Egyptian rituals of old, I walked the road of Atlantis, saw what they created and how they fell. I waged wars with the Greek Gods and won!"

"You did all of that here Marcus, you visited times and places that are no more. Everything you learned could help everyone in the world you live in, yet you keep it secret."[/b] Marcus bowed his head this time, the point driven home now. He had seen where it was going, but had failed to use his reason to stop it. He rubbed his face again as Cotillion sat down on a chair made entirely of shadow.
[b]
"I understand Cotillion, forgive my rashness. I haven't learned to control their power yet, its all still very new to me."

"I know my friend. Take time, it'll all come to you naturally. Heed my warning, we will be watching you old friend."[/b] Marcus suddenly awoke form his meditation, the sun was gone and the house was enclosed on darkness, snatching up his hourglass he stepped forward out of his corner. He could feel Ali's room upstairs, he heard footsteps outside and the door opening and closing. He set off then, his mind suddenly focused on finding Demetri. The words that Cotillion spoke seemed to ring true when he thought about Demetri, especially when Ali said he wasn't doing well. The battle also brought a bitter taste to his mouth, Demetri's violent attack had been the nail in his proverbial coffin. He set out into the darkness of the beach, the waves crashing was eerie but soothing. Following the footsteps he trailed behind Demetri as best he could, staying silent and invisible as they walked into the forest. Demetri stopped at one point, seeming as if he was trying to run away from something. He heard Demetri yell as if he was talking to someone else, Marcus saw no one, but he knew that people didn't always show themselves. He stepped from the darkness, making sure his presence was known with loud snaps of twigs and clearing his throat. Demetri whipped around to face him, his face seemed drawn and like he was tired.
[b]
"Marcus, what are you doing out here?"[/b] Marcus showed him a a gentle smile, with his hands out to show no harm intended.
[b]
"I was just taking a walk, just thinking before I went and helped Pocket with something. Are you doing alright?"[/b] Demetri seemed to settled down with that, rubbing his eyes before speaking.
[b]
"I'm alright, just exhausted."[/b] Marcus nodded as he walked closer, standing beside him as he placed a hand on his back.
[b]
"Demetri, I wanted to know if you would let me dive deeper into your mind. I only caught a glimpse last time, I want to see if I can find the real problem."[/b] Demetri looked up at him, a worried look in his eyes. He looked away as he thought about it.
[b]
"It'll only take a moment, I'll do nothing else in there. Just see if I can help."[/b] Demetri took a moment, then nodded as Marcus placed both hands on the back of his skull, as he did with Ali. Closing his eyes, he entered his mind and Demetri felt a suddenly shock down his spine. A blinding white light in his mind and then a chilling laugh, he was suddenly being shaken. His eyes opening to see Marcus face, blood running from his nose and ears, he shook himself as he laid on the ground.
[b]
"What happened? What did you do?"[/b] Marcus held up his hands in a disarming gesture.
[b]
"I simply looked into your mind, the connection is strong, too strong for my comfort."[/b] He gave Marcus a harsh glare.
[b]
"What does that mean?"

"It means, I want you to take it easy. Get some rest, go back to Ali and feel her embrace. Just stay calm, you'll feel better."[/b] He lied, as Demetri rose from the place on the sand. Marcus help him up and guided him home, he stared at the door as he watched Demetri entered looking shook up. He contemplated talking to Ali, he simply stood at the doorway, taking time to think about what his next move was, the dried blood on his face.[/size]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali had woken up, her skin broken out in goose bumps as the chill from the room settled in on her, she frowned as she felt Demetri's side of the bed and found it cold. Sitting up she held the sheet to her body and shivered violently, slipping from the bed she dressed quickly, one of Demetri's large shirts and a pair of sweats from her suit case she slipped from the room and made her way outside, the moon laminating her path as she walked towards the water. Kneeling down she put her fingers in the water as it rolled onto the sand and sighed as she frowned more. The sounds of talking cold be heard and she followed the noise silently til she reached the cabin that held Tempest, his voice coming out quickly, jumbling his words.
"Tempest?"
He looked up at her, his eyes glowing red and making her take a step back as he growled at her, like a wild animal and began to pace back and forth in front of his window.
"Alex...Want Alex...She will be...mine..."
She felt her skin grow cold as his words sank in and she backed away slowly from the cabin, jumping as he slammed his fists against the side, the runes on the cabin glowing brightly as he roared at her. She turned and gasped as she bumped into a solid body, the musky scent of smoke and dust filled her nose.
"Jason, you've been smoking again?"
"Didn't Marcus tell you to stay away from here?"
"I didn't realize that this was the cabin they put him in...what's wrong with him? It's like he's lost himself..."
She looked up at Jason, his eyes glowing slightly yellow as the full moon glowed from above.
"That happens to a man when he finds something he really wants in life. It consumes him til he no longer knows him self sis. That's one reason I'm not sure I like this Demetri character."
"Jason..."
Her voice was low and he could hear the warning behind it.
"Hey, I'm sorry. I'm not very comfortable with knowing that some guys is boning my little sister."
"Oh that's so gross, did you have to put it that way?"
"What, you think me thinking about what you and him do behind closed doors isn't gross? Do you have any idea how hard it was for me not to just punch the bastard when he came down stairs in nothing but a sheet?"
Ali shook her head as he brother looked down at her, his expression serious.
"I don't trust him Ali. He's been acting weird lately and he's even injured you."
"Jason, it's nothing. He wasn't himself those times."
"And how much longer is it gonna take til he's not himself and tries to kill you?"
"He'd never do-"
"You don't know that. He's acting unpredictable and it's putting me on edge so I want you to do me a favor."
"And what's that?"
"Move your stuff into Marcus and My cabin. I don't want you alone with him."
"Jason, don't be ridiculous. I'm not moving out of the cabin with Demetri."
"Even if it makes me feel better?"
"Jason, you have nothing to worry about from him. He loves me."
"Yeah, like a hole in the head. Ali come on! Will you listen to me just this once? Something is not right with him. I would know, hello wolf instincts!"
"Your being paranoid."
"When it comes to my baby sister? Yeah I am. I lost you once Ali...I don't want to lose you again."
She sighed and wrapped her arms around his waist hugging him tightly, she looked up confused as he growled low in his throat.
"His smell is all over you..."
"I'm sorry Jason."
"You and him really have-"
"Yes. We're lovers now Jason. There's no going back. I've given him everything I possibly have to offer."
"Besides your life."
She sighed again and kissed his cheek quickly as she shivered.
"Everything will be fine Jason. I swear it."
He watched as she left and her cabin again growling as he saw Marcus and Demetri walk to the door and Demetri walk in, he walked over to Marcus, a low growl still rumbling in his throat.
"He's not trustworthy any more is he?"
"I honestly can't tell Jason."
"Is Ali in danger?"
Marcus didn't answer but simply started to walk to their cabin, Jason following but stopping as the smell of blood reached him.
"Your bleeding?"
"I was. You wouldn't understand it Jason. Do not worry."
Without another word the two retreated into their cabin for the rest of the night.

Ali sat on the edge of the bed, her cheeks flushing slightly as what her brother said echoed in her mind.
[i]His smell is all over you...[/i]
It helped hit home that she really was his, in every way possible at the moment, she sighed and looked up as she heard the door close and Demetri's heavy footsteps coming up the stairs.
"Demetri? Where were you?"
He paused looking at her and she frowned slightly seeing his face, it was pale and his eyes were red, the man looked as if he were at death's door and she was reminded of how he looked when she had been unconscious for three days straight. His hollow and sunken skin, his tired eyes, sluggish movements and slumped shoulders. Looking back up at her lover she saw a shadow of that man in him now and felt saddened by the thought.
"I figured you would still be sleeping."
"I was, but it got cold and I woke up alone. That's twice now."
Demetri covered his face with his hand and sat down next to her, his skin was cold and he looked exhausted.
"Demetri, are you...comfortable, with us being this way? Is it something you want or are you just doing to for my sake?"
She took a deep breath and looked at the floor at her feet, it suddenly having become very interesting to her.
"You know I love you Demetri, I've never been this way with anyone else but you...but I want to make sure that this is what you want. I don't want our relationship to be one sided, if you don't feel comfortable with us being lovers yet please just tell me. I won't be-"
She let out a muffled squeak as his mouth covered her's in an instant, she gasped as his hands slipped under the large shirt and his growl vibrated against the skin of her neck as he found nothing but her bare skin underneath it. Her body reacted on it's own, aching for the man as he stripped her, his actions rough and almost desperate as if he were a drowning man begging for air. Her moans and cries of pleasure filled the room, fueling the man til both reached release at the same time. His deep voice growling out her name as she held onto him tightly. Moments passed til she curled up next to him as he rolled over onto his back, she looked up at him still breathing heavily.
"Am I going to find you here when I wake up this time?"
She smiled as he simply nodded, thinking he was still just out of breath.
"I still want to talk to you in the morning...please. I don't want you doing this because you think you have some duty to fulfill or something. I want it to be something you want."
He nodded again and she put her head on his shoulder and drifted into sleep with a small smile in place as Demetri stared at the ceiling, his hand covering his left eye as his face turned downward into a deep frown. His lips moving swiftly as soft whispers escaped his mouth.
[/color][/font]

([color="#8B0000"][i][b]At it again I see, what do you hope to accomplish mating with such a worthless woman like that? A child, none the less, one who has brought you into so many different situations based on her emotions and so called, "best judgement"[/b][/i][/color]) The voice continued to entice the soldier more and more as he rested next to his lover, still covering his one eye, the same one he;s covered since he's been hearing the voice. Though Demitri couldn't see the color change, he felt a lot of pain come from that one eye, as if something was going inside or viewing outside from his own vision, he didn't like the feeling it gave him, not one bit. The giant closed his eyes together before he heard some shifting coming from the bed, looking over he noticed Alex covering herself up more with the sheets, turning to her side, her back facing towards Demitri as she shivered slightly where she slept. Demitri smiled as he looked down upon her slender shoulder that exposed itself to the air, leaning down, he kissed it lightly, as not to wake up his lover from her slumber, but once again, touching her body brought out the thing that's haunted the giant all day today. ([b][i][color="#8B0000"]Nothing but a worthless whore, useless girl. Despose of her at once![/color][/i][/b]) The voice became more demanding, making Demitri sit up in alert from his command, never taking his gaze off from Alex.

"[color="#008080"][b][i]You are not my inner power speaking to me. Who are you[/i][/b][/color]" Demitri whispered as he looked out his window, the moon light's reflection bouncing off the water, glimmering light sparkled as the water danced onto the shore with its mighty waves. Demtiri began to feel flush all over his body, breathing heavily as he felt a stronger pain course up his spine, much like before, but the pain made the man yelp as his upper body twitched violently. "[color="#008080"][b][i]Stop this, stop this now....I SAI...[/i][/b][/color]." Before Demitri could yell to the top of his lungs, his voice went out as his eyes turned white once again.

([b][i][color="#8B0000"]Now now, resistance will get you nowhere Wind Wizard. I feel that you've ignored my advice for too many years now. I shall show you who your true enemies are[/color][/i][/b]) Demitri's body became warmer and warmer by the second, small strands of steam rose off of his body as the giant twitched more in pain, but his voice was silent. His mouth opened to yell, to call for help, to just say something, but not a sound escaped to aid the giant. Demitri clamped his teeth together as he saw small vapor like streams surge into his body little by little, he saw it happen once in a while with his hurting eye, but the soldier thought he was having vision problems. Now that his eyes were white and clear, Demitri could see this hidden force going into his body, the process seemed faster as the voice continued to laugh more and more as Demitri struggled in pain. the process was about a half hour long, but to Demitri, the pain seemed never ending as his body finally relaxed and the giant fell backwards onto the cool, crisp sheets of the bed. His hard bounce brought his lover Ali to consciousness as she groaned a bit before turning to her other wide to face her man. Seeing him sprawled out as he slept placed a smile on her face, but she could hear soft moans coming from the man.

"Demitri?" Ali pushed herself onto her arms and placed a hand on Demitri's bare chest, retracting it quickly from the surprisingly high temperature it was at, especially on a chilly night like this. The young girl was concerned as she sat upright and looked down at her lover, his breathing pace quickened as his head turned from side to side slightly as he slept, she brushed one of his damp bang behind his ear to see more dark and red circles under his eyes, with flushed cheeks to add to her worry. Ali simply crawled over Demitri to open their window, letting in more of the cool breeze in the lower the man's body temperature, Ali sighed as she laid next to her man, feeling his temperature drop little by little made her smile as she dozed off next to the giant. The sleep was peaceful that evening, no tossing or turning, just simply peaceful. The morning sun had risen beyond the horizon, making the water in the ocean more lively as the waves splashed about, the bright UV rays of the sun kept the creatures of earth comfortable and warm. Demitri whistled to himself as he prepared breakfast for the entire team, having gotten up and feeling much better, he felt like he owed them all a solid "I'm Sorry" for the fight with tempest that rocked the group. Finishing his batch of pancakes and bacon, he hear small footsteps coming down the stairs, turning the corner of his eye, the giant was marveled to see his love come down in his shorts and wearing her own shirt.

"I think you can keep those short, they look good on you love" Demitri smiled at her while making everyone's breakfast plate, he tossed the empty play aside and began to make something for Lily.

"Except the part where I have to triple tie the waist band so it will stay in place" She scoffed, watching the man as he cooked more food, his skin seemed to rejuvenate to a healthy glow, along with his spirit. But the red flushed eyes and dark circles remained. That still worried the woman to no end, but she was brought out of her deep thought when Demitri offered her a cup of steaming hop coffee. "Thank You" She took, almost surprised, but always returning with a smile. "So, did you know you were running a fever Demitri? You were sweating all over and breathing bad" She mentioned as she took a seat next to the kitchen island counter top.

"Can't say I do, I mean it was a little warm...but you know what caused that" He smiled, flashing her a wink to remind her of their late night activities. Usually a smart comment from him like that would get Demitri the "glare of Death", but she simple blushed and smiled while slowly sipping her coffee. Ali had wanted to talk with her lover alone about last night, but one by one the members of Alpha Team piled into the kitchen with their "Good Mornings" and "Hello's" to one another. Everyone began to chow down on the cooking that was made for them. Lily and Tank were the last to enter the kitchen, Tank in his steel form surrounded by flowers and vines. Everyone stared and gave a small chuckle, Jeff snickered along with Marcus at the sight of the "Flowered Covered Steel Man". "Good Morning you two, you're late for breakfast" Demitri placed their plates on the table, Lily smiled as she walked over.

"Thanks Daddy! We're super hungry" She giggled, more laughs came from the room and its members. Tank was about to walk over next to his sister, but he stopped when he peered over towards Demitri when his back was turned to serve Tanks drink. Tank's white eyes in steel form saw something that wasn't there before, a figure in red, transparent but it was a figure of a man none the less, that he was certain off. The steel man tilted his head a little bit at the face, one eye was present, and opened clear, but the other eye was missing completely. Suddenly, the red figures head turned and stared directly at tank, giving the boy a grim smile as Demitri turned back around holding their juices in two cups. What Tank Saw shocked the boy as he took a step bad, Demitri's haunting left eyes showed as a glowing red and white mixture, the figure looked like it was laughing when Tank saw the connection, but no sound could be heard. Without warning, the red figure ran towards the steel man, unsure of what to do, Tank transformed back to his human state in an instant, blinking his blue eyes for a moment, feeling the vines and flowers slide off his body easily as the boy caught his breath for a moment. Jason peered over at the nervous kid and smiled.

"Hey dude, there's no worries. It's not like its poisoned, undercooked yeah, but it wont kill ya" The wolf man smiled, suddenly a glass plate was thrown to his stomach, sending the wolf on his back.

"Then don't eat it mutt" Demitri scowled, Pocket and Sasa laughing at their rough housing. Tank was still nervous, but took his seat next to Lily as she was already in the process of eating her food with leisure. Tank moved the cooked eggs around for a moment before he felt a delicate hand on his shoulder, looking up, he saw Ali finishing up her coffee in one final gulp.

"It's o.k sweetheart, Jason is just picky" She smiled, Tank nodded as he began to consume his food, he looked behind himself to see Demitri wrapping things up in the kitchen, his eyes looked normal hazel like before, just a bit red and black around them, but he acted the same for a moment before he held onto the sinks edges and looked like he was in a serious train of thought. Demitri's lips moved slightly, even when he bit his lip some.

([color="#FF8C00"][b][i]That man...[/i][/b][/color]) Tank thought. ([color="#FF8C00"][i][b]...familiar...[/b][/i][/color]) The boy continued his meal, but still felt uneasy, especially with Demitri near. Once, he looked up to the man who was nice to both he and Lily, but now, something was different and wrong. The phone in the kitchen rang again, Marcus was the closest as he picked up the line and answered it.

"Yes this is He....yes we're all here. Yes Sir, that's good to hear, I'll let the others know. Thank You Sir" With a simple slick, Marcus hung up the phone and addressed the others. "That was the Commandant, he says they're already moving back to the Northern HDF Base, but its gonna be another two days before the new security and remodeling is done. But we're going to be going home very soon" He smiled, the others feeling a lot of stress being released from their shoulders, they all missed the base, it was their original home after all. Ali smiled as she looked over towards Demitri, it seems like he didn't hear the news, he still washed the dished as he closed his eyes, whispering to himself little by little. Edited by Mage17

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali frowned slightly as she excused her self from the conversation she was having with Marcus and Sasa, as she made her way towards Demetri Jason stepped in front of her, growling slightly.
"Jason?"
"Stay away from him Ali..."
She rolled her eyes and pushed past him making her way towards Demetri, getting closer she could see his white knuckle grip on the sink and frowned more. Setting her mug down with a loud tap she took up a towel and began to dry the dishes as he resumed washing them.
"You alright love?"
He looked down at her with a large smile, but his eyes seemed to get more red around the edges as purple bags began to make them selves noticeable under his eyes, putting the towel down she stood on her tip toes and placed her hand on his forehead making him frown.
"What's wrong?"
"You look like you've been up for days on end...I wanted to make sure that you still didn't have that fever. Your acting fine, but you look so...worn out."
"Well, we were up for a while last night."
Taking her hand off his head she righted herself and went back to drying the dishes, her brows knitted in a frown.
"I thought that would have made you smile."
"It usually would if I hadn't woken up twice with you gone last night..."
He looked over at her and noticed her frown.
"What's the matter Ali?"
She looked up him and shook her head with a small smile that didn't reach her eyes making him frown even more.
"Alex, you shouldn't lie to me."
"I'm fine Demetri. I'd prefer to talk to you about it alone."
He looked over his shoulder and saw the rest of the team beginning to disperse to start another relaxing day on the beach, the sun making it hard not to go outside, Ali smiled as Lily ran up and hugged Demetri's leg tightly.
"Thanks for breakfast Daddy! It's was really good."
Ali stopped the girl before she could run away, smiling she wiped the girls face free of bacon grease and syrup, giving her a gently pat on the head she watched as Lily ran towards Tank who scooped her up quickly and left with a backwards glance towards her lover. She gave Marcus a wave as he left as well and frowned as Jason sat at the table, his arms crossed over his chest, a toothpick sticking out between his lips as he stared at the lovers. She frowned and put her hands on her hip and jerked her head towards the door indicating that she wanted him to leave. He frowned more and shook his head inclining his head towards Demetri. Pressing her fingers against her forehead she sighed making the giant look down at her.
"Something wrong?"
She shook her head and blinked rapidly as she was hit with a sever case of vertigo, grabbing onto the counter to keep her balance she shook her head trying to right her swimming vision, Demetri put his arm around her waist to keep her upright and led her to a chair at the island.
"Your awfully pale Ali, you feeling alright?"
"Y-yeah...I'm fine."
Jason had stood and made his way to his sister, he put a hand on her head growling softly as Demetri kissed her cheek.
"You didn't eat anything this morning, I can make you some eggs or something if you like?"
She nodded weakly and took a deep breath as Demetri moved away to begin making her food, Jason handed her his glass of water which she sipped at slowly, her cheeks still pale.
"What happened?"
"Nothing, I just got dizzy Jason, you have to stop this."
He shook his head as he sat down next to her and put his calloused hand against her cheek frowning more as his hand took in her clammy skin.
"You sure you feeling alright Ali? Your cold."
"I'm fine Jason, your paranoid."
She sighed as Demetri placed a plate of steaming scrambled eggs in front of her, a thin layer of shredded cheese melted over the top, moments later he placed a cool glass of milk beside her. Looking up at him she smiled and placed a forkful of egg into her mouth and began to chew slowly, something tasting off about the food. She could feel her stomach begin to turn, Jason put his hand on her forehead gently as he noticed her turning slightly green.
"Ali?"
Without a word she jumped from her chair, knocking Jason to the side and rushed towards the bathroom slamming the door shut, Demetri turned and both men frowned as they heard the girl begin to vomit behind the closed door. Jason lifted her plate to his sensitive nose and sniffed it carefully before taking a large bite and tasting it.
"How come you make her's better than mine?"
Demetri gave Jason a withering look before he spoke.
"Because she's more important to me than you."
Jason scoffed before he turned to face the large man fully as he crossed his arms and leaned on the island.
"I don't trust you. Mostly with my sister. I used to think you were a cool guy but lately something been off about you."
"Jason, it's none of your damn business. Stay out of it."
Jason frowned more as he looked at the giant, his blood beginning to boil the more he stared at the man.
"You hurt her...in anyway, I'll track you down and tear you apart piece by piece. I've never seen her with any one but you and I've rarely seen her this happy. Don't **** it up...'Commander'."
Demetri frowned down at the wolf man until they both looked back as Ali emerged from the bathroom, her skin pale, almost gray. She walked over and took the milk from the table and drank it down quickly trying to get rid of the sour taste of bile from her mouth. Looking at the harmless eggs on the counter she grabbed the plate and set it on the counter away from her. Sitting down she looked up at them and frowned.
"What?"
Jason looked down at her and raised an eyebrow.
"What do you mean what? You just took a bite of perfectly good eggs and decided to throw it back up, you tell me."
"They didn't taste right. They tasted rancid."
"They weren't. I sniffed them and tasted them, they were fine Ali."
Demetri bent down and looked at her, his large hand covering her forehead.
"You've said that about the last few things you've tried to eat. You have a stomach bug or something?"
She shook her head and stood slowly, walking to the fridge she dug through it til she brought out a small jar of pickles, opening she pulled one out, slicing it she sat down and began to eat it, both men giving her odd looks.
"What? It sounded good."
Jason threw his hands up and scoffed.
"What ever, I'm out of here."
She watched him go and sighed as the door shut behind him, looking up at Demetri she blinked as he raked his eyes over her, his gaze filled with lust and she barely had time to ask if he was alright before he scooped her up in his arms and took her up stairs. Laying her on the bed he covered her mouth with his making her gasp as his tongue swiped across her lips before he slipped it between her teeth. She closed her eyes and moaned lightly before she put her hand on his chest and pushed lightly.
"Demetri, stop for a second."
"I can't help it, your so damn beautiful."
She blushed as he buried his face in the crook of her neck and inhaled her scent letting out a quiet growl.
"And you smell wonderful."
She felt her blush deepen as he nibbled her neck, one of his large hands resting on her hip.
"Just...s-slow down."
He looked down at her, his breathing already beginning to get rapid and she felt her self blush even more as she felt a tell tale hardness against her leg, she studied him as she looked up at him, he looked at her as if he were craving her with every breath he took. His passion for her seeming to grow with each day, not that she was complaining but he had always been so hesitant about it before and suddenly he seemed to want her every time he looked at her.
"I just want to make sure that your not just doing this because you think I want it...which I mean don't get me wrong I do. But you were always so hesitant about this before it seemed."
"I didn't want to hurt you Ali, I wanted it to be special but than Sybille..."
She looked away from him as the memory came back to her.
"I thought that's why you were so hesitant."
"What do you mean love?"
"I thought that because he did that...you didn't want me anymore."
He took her chin in his hand and made her look at him, his face set in a grim frown as he looked down at her.
"That's ridiculous. I was wanting to wait for the right time Ali."
She nodded again smiling slightly as she looked at him.
"I just don't want you to be doing this because you feel you have to...cause you promised me a family, I-I want a family with you Demetri, nothing would make me happier than to be with you the rest of my life. But I don't want you to feel like it's your 'duty'."
He blinked as he looked down at her, his face slowly breaking into a soft smile, she raised an eyebrow taking in his smile.
"What?"
"You really want to be with me for the rest of your life?"
She blushed and nodded slowly.
"Well, you did say that you wanted me to be part of your family...off-officially... I just assumed that you meant...you know, that we'd eventually [i]make[/i] it official. Was I wrong in thinking that?"
He shook his head and bent down kissing her softly earning a light moan from the woman as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and dug her hands into his hair, she gasped as he moved to her neck causing her to cry out as he bit down on her jugular, licking the bite mark in a silent apology.
"Demetri...I love you."
He smiled against her skin and lifted himself up to look down at her.
"I love you too Ali."
She felt her heart skip a beat as he said the words clearly, lowering his body to her's his weight pushing into the mattress as his warmth seeped through their clothes and into her own skin, she yelped as he bit down on her shoulder this time, leaving another clear bite mark as he licked it again earning another moan from the girl.
"I just can't seem to get enough of you lately Alex. Your driving me crazy."
She nodded slowly as she arched against him, knowing exactly what he was talking about since she felt the same way towards the man, she cried out as a wave of pleasure erupted across her skin as his warm mouth traveled further down, she clawed at his shirt smiling as he growled and pulled it off himself, both jumping apart as the door flew open.
"I heard yelling. What the hell is going on up here?"
Ali grabbed the closest object she could get her hand around, which happened to be the alarm clock, and hurled it towards the door letting out a stream of swears as her brother ducked.
"God dammit Jason Talon get your hair brained, canine ass back down stairs and out of our cabin before I kill you!"
He looked back at the shattered clock and than back to the two of them with a growl which was matched from the giant as Demetri stood and stalked forward, Ali gasped as she could see a small wind blast charging in her lovers palm and rushed forward to get between them feeling herself worry more as she heard the static coming from her brother.
"Whoa whoa whoa! Stop it! Jason just go!"
She went to put her hand on Demetri's chest and screamed as he pushed her off, his small wind blast catching her in the chest and sending her back against the bed. Jason let out a roar and slammed his fist against Demetri's chin sending the man to the floor as he scooped Ali into his arms. Her head resting against his shoulder as he cradled her unconscious body.
"I'm getting her away from you. Every time you let that temper of yours get the better of you, she gets hurt."
Demetri wiped the blood from his lip and glared at the wolf man.
"Put her down Jason."
"I'm not leaving her with you! You'll end up killing her!"
"I'm not letting you take her from me! I won't let her go again!"
"Again? You always let her go in some way, she worries over you day and night, your the only thing she thinks about any more. You and your wonderful promises to her of a future which she'll never have if you kill her!"
"I would never hurt her!"
"You just did! I don't know what the hell is wrong with you but I can't trust you with my sister anymore."
"Your not leaving with her Jason. Put her down. Now."
The wolf man glared at Demetri for what felt like forever before he set Ali back on the bed gently, looking back he growled at Demetri before leaping through the window to find Marcus, leaving Demetri to walk across the room and look down at his love, her face now extremely pale, her breathing heavy as he saw small spots of blood begin to soak her shirt where his blast had hit her. Jason's words ringing in his ears as his hand covered his left eyes yet again.[/color][/font]

[size="1"][b]"I'm sorry about last night Pocket, things came up."[/b] Marcus explained as best he could to her, everything he knew he couldn't reveal to her. Her sad eyes looking up at him as she nodded.
[b]
"Its okay Marcus, I haven't been feeling well lately anyways."[/b] He reached out and touched her forehead with the back of his hand, taking only moments to see if he could find anything. He pulled his hand away, feeling a tingle shoot through his hand before letting it fall back into a rest position.
[b]
"You don't have a fever, maybe you have acclimated to the weather. It happens." [/b]She nodded her head, Lily and Tank were near by as well. Lily playing in the sand as Tank helped her grab branches and other things for her to use. Marcus couldn't help but smile at how innocent she was, Tank's wound was healing nicely, he would still be left with a scar for his life but it made him look more adult. He wished that the whole thing hadn't happened, the power he used was too raw, the emotions between Tempest and Demetri were savage and he had felt it, through Ali somehow. The rune he had put on her so long ago now, had evolved beyond what he thought it would do. The change in his power had made it more receptive for the both of them, he didn't doubt at this point that Ali could find him if she really wanted to. Pocket coughed suddenly, drawing Marcus attention, he quickly saw that she was starting to waver and then thumped to the ground. They had both been sitting so the fall had been minimal, Marcus scurried over to her as he tried to see what was wrong with her.
[b]
"Tank!"[/b] He yelled as he listened for a heart beat, his ear on her chest and his forefingers on her neck, looking for a pulse. Tank had rushed over, concern filling his eyes as his face remained hard. Lily stood next to his leg now, her eyes welling up with tears as her best friend lay on the ground. Marcus rose as he lifted her eyes lids, seeing her eyes dilated and her breathing shallow.
[b]
"Whats wrong with her Uncle Marcus?"[/b] He was thrown off for a moment, she had never called him that before. He shook it off mentally and looked at her distressed face.
[b]
"I'm not sure, I think she's in a coma. I don't know why she is in this, something is wrong here."[/b] Marcus reached out and touched the back of her head, placing his hands where he knew he would get the best connection. He was about to close his eyes when he heard the growl of his name, he turned to see Jason coming at him.
[b]
"Marcus! Ali needs you! That asshole hit her with a wind blast, she needs help." [/b]Marcus pulled his hand away, looking to Pocket for a moment before looking to Tank.
[b]
"Take her to her bunk, I'll come and do my inspection then. Keep her safe Tank."[/b] He nodded to him and easily scooped up her small form and carried her off, Lily hot on his heels. Marcus rose form the sand and followed Jason to the cabin, Jason's wild side showing as Marcus did his best to keep up. They finally reached the cabin and Marcus pulled Jason back, his eyes were the wolfs now. He pressed Jason against the wall as he spoke clearly to him.
[b]
"I'm going in alone, if things get out of hand. You know what to do."[/b] Jason hesitated for a moment, then nodded as Marcus released him and walked in, heading upstairs to see Ali laying on the bed. Her shirt dotted with blood that seemed to be growing, Demetri covering his left eye as he whispered words over her.
[b]
"You can't ask forgiveness from someone who can't hear you Demetri."[/b] He whipped around suddenly, his red-shot eyes and dark bags showed clearly now. He seemed healthy otherwise, but lack of sleep could damage the mind. He could only imagine who little sleep they were getting.
[b]
"Go away Marcus, this is not your concern."

"It is my concern. She's bleeding Demetri, judging by the damage done to her, I can conclude it was you who did it."[/b] Demetri was angry now, the rage visible on his face. He reminded Marcus of Tempest almost.
[b]
"It wasn't my fault! That stupid mutt came in here in the middle of...."

"Sex?"[/b] Marcus said blatantly, Demetri nodded as his eyes shifted about, almost as if he was looking for someone.
[b]
"He was wrong, alright Demetri?"[/b] Marcus edged closer, trying to keep him as calm as possible.
[b]
"He shouldn't have barged in here, your privacy should be respected."[/b] Demetri nodded as he kept drawing closer. He seemed to half notice, and not care at all. He suddenly lashed out with a blast of wind, damaging the door as it bounced off of Marcus' shield.
[b]
"Calm down. You'll kill someone like this."

"Shut up! You don't know anything! You think you can fix all the problems of this team? You couldn't even help your team, they died because your useless!"[/b] Marcus did his best to keep his thoughts calm, the words seemed almost as they weren't his own. He half wandered where this information came from when another blast hit him square in the chest, dispersing as it pushed him back a half step.
[b]
"Demetri! Maintain control, gods only know what you'll do to Ali if you were to really use your power. You'll be the cause of her death, I've seen far to many people die to see one more die."

"You only care about Ali because you think you have a chance with her, just because she looks like your dead Masan, doesn't mean anything. She only loves me!"[/b] Marcus was dumbfounded, Ali only knew about Masan, their relationship and how she looked like her. Something was seriously wrong in his mind, he knew things he shouldn't have.
[b]
"I've had enough of this Demetri, you need to leave now! I have to tend to Ali and you are nothing but a distraction and a danger. Get out!"[/b] Marcus' raged flared with his runes, a bright blue light showed then faded as he returned his calm. Demetri seemed almost on the verge to attack him when he suddenly stormed off, Marcus watching him leave before turning and tending to Ali. Doing his best to treat her wounds, Jason soon arrived, his face showing the anger he expressed so well.
[b]
"Is she alright? I'll kill that bastard!"[/b] Marcus held out a hand.
[b]
"No, keep an eye out on Ali. I need to tend to Pocket as well, she fell into a coma. Ali is healing already, she needs rest and you're the best watch dog I know."[/b] Jason growled at him as Marcus left, heading to Pockets cabin, his nerves shaken by Demetri's words.[/size]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali coughed as pain radiated from her chest, the smell of blood filling her nose as she shifted on the bed only to be held still by a rough hand on her shoulder, Jason's growling voice sounding above her.
"Stay still, you were hit with a fairly strong blast."
She groaned as her eyes fluttered open, looking around the room she gasped as more pain came from her chest, she grit her teeth and tried to sit up on her elbows only to have Jason push her back onto the bed.
"Lay still Alex. He hit you hard."
"Wha?"
"Demetri, he caught you in the chest with a wind blast. I told you not to trust him."
"It's only because you provoked him. If you would've just stayed out of it, it wouldn't have happened."
"I don't believe this, your sticking up for that bastard?! Alex get a grip! He hurt you!"
She winced as she gripped the sheets underneath her.
"We would have been fine if you had just stayed out."
"Your seriously taking his side? Your not even going to listen to what I have to say?"
"Everything you have to say I don't want to hear."
"Of course not, you don't want to hear it cause it goes against your precious Demetri. What made you fall for a guy like him to begin with?"
Ali closed her eyes remembering all the past missions she had shared with the man, some just being him and her others with the rest of the early team, a small smile finding it's way to her lips.
"He's a great guy Jason, he's sweet and honest and kind-"
"And he just sent a miniature tornado into your chest."
She frowned and looked down at her shirt, seeing the blood spots she felt tears sting her eyes and looked away from her brother as he looked at the wound.
"Thankfully it's not deep, the bleeding has already stopped. Ali, I trust Demetri about as far as I could throw him..."
"I get it Jason."
"No, you don't, no matter what I say you keep going back for more torture."
"I love him Jason."
"Yeah yeah, I know, you've given him everything you possible have to offer. Except your life, like I said and if it keeps going like this that's exactly what it's gonna come down to. If he had put any more power into that blast you wouldn't be here. Do you understand that?"
"Yes! I get it! You hate his guts and would rather rip his head off than to think of what makes your little sister happy!"
"I do care Alex, but I won't sit here and watch you pour your heart our for a guy who can't take care of you. I'd rather see you with someone like Marcus."
She glared at him at first, the glare slowly vanishing as she looked away from him and towards the ceiling, causing him to frown.
"Ali? What are you thinking right now?"
"Nothing."
"Nothing as in blank, or nothing as in none of my business or nothing as in even you don't know?"
She looked towards the other side of the room, her heart hammering in her chest.
"Alex? Talk to me sis. You know I'll listen."
"No, you don't all you do is blow everything I say way out of proportion."
He frowned and moved to sit on the bed next to her, taking her chin in a gentle hold he tilted her head to look at him and sighed as he saw the tears trailing her cheeks.
"Alex, what's going on in that mind of yours?"
"About what you said...how you'd prefer me to be with some one like Marcus..."
"What about it? I've seen how you two have been getting closer but I thought you felt the same way about him as you do me."
"I-I do..."
She looked away from him, her eyes shifting to the side as her cheeks flushed.
"Your not really sure how you feel about him...are you?"
She closed her eyes and sobbed quietly as Jason lifted her from the bed and hugged her gently, closing his eyes and burying his nose in her hair as her sobs were quieted in his shirt, he sighed and flattened her hair down, something he used to do when she was younger to calm her down and it still worked like a charm as her sobs lessened and she simply held onto him tightly.
"Alex, talk to me?"
"I don't know...I [i]know[/i] how I feel about Demetri and I thought I knew about how I feel about Marcus...but the other day while Demetri and Tempest were fighting, when he held onto me...I felt...safe."
He nodded waiting for her to continue.
"We've...I dunno...bonded, through the rune...I can feel his emotions now, I can feel where he is and it makes me feel secure..."
"Like when your with that bastard?"
"Jason..."
"Sorry, like when your with...Demetri?"
She nodded slowly before continuing.
"But at the same time it's different. There's a pull there too."
"Pull?"
"I guess...I guess I can put it like magnets..."
"Do you feel this pull with Demetri?"
She nodded again wiping her eyes slowly but only making room for more tears to fall.
"Alex, you think maybe your heart is trying to tell you something?"
"Like what?"
"How long have you been in love with Demetri?"
"Almost 2 years."
"So not much longer after he joined."
She nodded again.
"Alex, what if you've wanted to be in love with him for so long...that's all you know."
"What do you mean?"
"What if your not really in love with Demetri?"
She pushed away from him, giving him a deadly glare, but inside she was warring with herself as Jason's words sunk deeper into her mind.
"Jason, stop trying to confuse me."
"If your confused it's not because I did it. It's because your not sure."
"I am sure."
"Than tell me honestly, how do you feel about Demetri?"
"I love him with all my heart."
He didn't give her time to think about her next answer, something he had done to her in the past to pull true answers from his sister, tricking her into not thinking about her answers but just answering honestly with no thought.
"And how do you feel about Marcus?"
"I love him with all my heart."
She gasped and covered her mouth swiftly, her tears doubling as she looked up at her brother.
"That's not fair Jason...why? Why did you do that?"
"Cause I know you tell me the truth when I do that to you...I'm sorry little sister."
She covered her eyes as she cried, confused and conflicted.
"I hate you so much right now."
"I know. I'll be down stairs...I think you need some time to ponder what you just figured out about yourself."
She looked up and watched him go, shutting the door behind him, she wrapped her arms around herself and closed her eyes tightly as she cried harder as the realization hit her when she couldn't decided who she wished were there to comfort her more...Demetri or Marcus, her emotions setting off the rune on her wrist as it began to glow faintly.
[/color][/font]

[[size="1"][i]How could he have known anything about that? Its just impossible![/i] Marcus thought to himself, his mind racing to find answers to the swarm of questions crowding his mind. The answer that came to his mind repeatedly was one he could not accept, the more obvious answer would be Ali spoke about Masan to Demetri. That didn't bother him any, if their relationship help them in anyway, he welcomed it. No, the only answer that came to him was Sybille, but he couldn't accept that answer. They hadn't seen him in awhile now, he had no ties here that he knew off. Demetri was the last person he would expect to have ties with Sybille, Tempest would have been his first guess. He was little more then a wild animal now, he only desire one thing, Ali was his goal and he smashed against those barriers regularly now. Marcus felt every surge that responded to Tempests rune, he only slowed at night when he slept on and off all night.

His bare feet in the sand felt relaxing, but only slightly, with Demetri's outburst, Pockets unconscious state and Tempests madness, he had far too much to worry about. When he was half way to Pockets cabin he was suddenly aware of Ali's rune, the sudden wash of emotions momentarily overwhelmed his senses. He turned and ran back to her cabin, rushing through the door and up the stairs past Jason who couldn't do anything, he burst through the door his eyes searching for danger, then finding Ali curled up on the bed. Her knees pulled up to her chest, the rune ceasing to glow once he was only a mere foot away. The tattooed man looked into her sad face, her eyes showing her confusion, flashes passed before his eyes as he saw Masan momentarily then Ali.
[b]
"Whats wrong Ali? Did Demetri comeback? Are you alright?"[/b] She nodded her head for a second, then swiftly changed it to a shake. Tears welling up in her face as she started to weep softly, Marcus took the moment to sit beside her. He suddenly felt, flustered, her emotions seeping into him as he seemed to lose concentration for just a second. She suddenly lunged forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, weeping into his shoulder as he froze for a moment. Unsure of what to do, he finally just put his arms around her, holding her to give her some comfort. She rubbed her face into his shoulders, the weeping subsiding as she soon was just breathing heavily.
[b]
"Ali."[/b] Was all he could manage before he felt his throat dry up. He couldn't speak for a long moment, his mind rushing with thoughts he hadn't had for years. Feelings he hadn't felt for 11 years, not since Masan died. No, she wasn't gone, not totally. He remembered looking at Ali, his heart had skipped a single beat when he saw how she looked like Masan. Everything about her reminded him of the nights they spent together, the days they would sneak off. He put his marked hand on the back of her head and stroked her hair gently, closing his eyes as he simply whispered to her.
[b]
"It's alright Ali, I'm here now. Don't be scared, no one will hurt you again."[/b] She nodded into his shoulder, feeling like she was relaxing now. He couldn't let her go, he wouldn't let her go, not this time. He tightened his grip around her, his arms fully encircling her. His breath caught when she returned the gesture, tightening her arms around him as she nuzzled into him. She pulled away, her arms still around his neck loosely, he felt like she was the only thing in the room worth looking at. Everything seemed to fade away as he looked into her eyes, her face showing a small smile that he imagined was just for him.
[i]
What is wrong with you? She belongs with Demetri![/i] The voice in his mind tried to scream at him, it only managed a vague whisper as he stayed lost in her expression.
[b]
"Why did you call me Ali? Are your wounds bothering you?"[/b] She shook her head.
[b]
"I didn't mean to call you, it just happen. I need someone here, I'm glad it was you Marcus."[/b] He smiled and felt his heart flutter at her words, he knew he shouldn't feel this way. He knew what they had was all it could ever be, but he was not about to give this up. He felt this was his second chance, another way to bring the happiness back into his life that he lost so long ago.
[b]
"I don't know whats going on, but i never want it to stop." [/b]Ali gave a small giggle, something he had never heard from her. That alone made it special, she nodded her agreement.
[b]
"I know how you feel. Remember?"[/b] She held up her wrist, the rune showed to him glowed for just a second then was gone. He took her arm gently, and laid a light kiss on the rune. He felt a shudder from her, a conflict in his heart tried to rise but was washed away in a tide of bliss just from giving her that one gentle kiss. She suddenly pulled her arm away and he was strongly pulled into her, their lips meeting and a flash exploded in his mind. His arms pulling her in as well, her hands placed on the back of his neck. Her pale skin glowed against his dark skin, the tattoos making him look even darker. He felt the passion in the kiss, the need to just be with her, to find the time to lay beside her and clasp hands and gently lay his hands on her skin. His thoughts fluttered around as they pulled away, a grin on his face that suddenly shifted into a expression of turmoil. He suddenly rose from where he sat began pacing, Ali stayed seated as she watched him.
[b]
"No, this isn't right. This can't be right, your with Demetri, you can't be with me. No, its all wrong, it can't be right."[/b] Ali pulled her legs up to her chest again. He saw the gesture and melted again.
[b]
"Don't cry Ali, please don't. I just wish I had the answers."[/b] She looked up into his dark eyes.
[b]
"You can't have the answers to everything Marcus, I don't know what to do either."[/b] He felt exasperated, his mind racing faster then ever. He didn't know what to do, all he could do was sit down again, beside Ali. His hand reached out, gripping hers gently as their fingers folded together. Jason peaking through the cracked door, a smile on his face and almost a look of triumph. He didn't plan any of this, he really didn't care though, Marcus was the better choice in his mind. He continued to watch carefully, hoping this would make his sister just as happy as the bastard did.[/size] Edited by Dassem Ultor

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali looked down at their hands, her pale skin clashing against his darker skin, it felt right to her, but at the same time felt guilty. She knew she needed to get things straight in her mind and her heart. She looked up meeting Marcus' eyes and blushed, looking down she slowly placed her fingers to her lips, the feeling of his still burning her. Taking a deep breath she leaned against the man and felt his breath hitch.
"I don't know what's happening...all I know is Jason said I might not love Demetri...or that I might love you...or that I just don't know who I love at the moment and...oh gods, I'm so confused."
She put her free hand over her eyes and took a shaky breath alerting Marcus that her tears were about to start again.
"Ali, please, no more crying. I can't bear to see it."
She nodded slowly but a tear still slid down her cheek, she leaned into his hand as he wiped it away from her face, the gesture seeming to make the man more tense as he cupped her cheek and looked down at her.
"What do you want Alex?"
She shook her head fiercely, making herself dizzy.
"I don't know. I feel safe with you, but I feel safe with Demetri as well...I don't know what to do...what should we do."
He shook his head slowly, his eyes sliding closed as he sat next to her.
"I don't know. I'm not sure where we should go from here."
She nodded slowly, she took a deep breath, the sound making him look down at her.
"What do you want to do Marcus?"
He didn't answer her, but the thought flashing through his mind made her blush deeply, the color flooding her cheeks made him turn and look at her.
"Ali?"
"I-I can hear your thoughts...and feel your emotions...remember?"
She smiled slightly as his eyes widened.
"I'm sorry, forgive me...I shouldn't be thinking these things. I respect you and Demetri and respect your relationship with him. I shouldn't even be here, I should go."
"No, please...don't leave me alone right now...I don't want to be alone..."
She turned towards him and threw her arms around his neck hugging him tightly, burying her face in his neck, he took a shuddering breath before he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and held her tightly, after a few moments she looked up him, her eyes watery, he sighed and wiped her tears away before going against every thing in him self as he bent forward and placed his lips to her's. The small sigh that escaped her seemed to fuel the man as his fingers laced into her hair. After a few moments he pulled away again, standing and pulling his hand away from her's.
"We can't do this Ali. It's not right. It's not fair to Demetri."
"He's not the only one that this concerns. I think I get a choice as well don't I?"
He looked down at her with a frown and took a deep breath before he nodded, slowly sitting back down next to her.
"Your right. I'm sorry. I just don't know what to make of all this."
She nodded slowly, her hand linking with his again, the feeling of his skin against her's making her feel rooted to the spot. She looked out the window, the sun still shining brightly against the water, taking a deep breath she hissed as her injury decided to make itself known again as pain radiated through her body. Gasping she leaned against the mystic, her arms wrapping around his arm for support.
"Alex?"
"Sorry...it just hurts."
"Your chest?"
She nodded slowly, her eyes closed in pain as she tried to slow her breathing.
"You need rest. I shouldn't have come. Forgive me."
She allowed him to lay her back against the bed and gently bring the sheet over her body but as he stood to leave she reached out and took hold of his wrist, her fingers wrapping around one of his runes and setting her own off flooding Marcus with her emotions. He sighed as he felt her need to have someone there and sat on the bed next to her, his legs out stretched in front of him his body freezing slightly as Ali put one arm around his waist and rested her against his side, a small, content smile gracing her lips. She sighed more as she felt his fingers begin to thread through her hair, the motion causing her to relax more.
"Thank you Marcus. I'm glad you came."
He nodded but remained silent as he looked down at her, blinking as she looked back up at him, she watched as he remained still as she lifted herself up on her hands and slowly moved forward til their lips connected once again, she closed her eyes as another sigh escaped her, her arm snaking around his neck as she brought their bodies closer together. She was confused by her own actions but what she had said to Marcus still rang true, in the end she was the one who decided, and at the moment she wasn't sure what she wanted. Ali gasped as Marcus pulled away from her, his breathing rapid as they both fought for air, she could see the mystic fighting himself, see the battle of wills in his eyes and feel the confusion in his emotions as he stared down at her. She took a deep breath, and closed her eyes as she licked her dry lips to try and moisten, the action causing Marcus' breathing to falter, opening her eyes she looked up at him to see his face set in a scowl and she could sense his conflicting thoughts, some of them making her blush. Tucking a stand of hair behind her ear she took another deep breath and let it out, trying to get her heart beat under control as well as her own thoughts and emotions. Looking him in the eye she gave him another small, sweet smile, the motion setting something off inside the man as his emotions spiked. She felt his hand wrap around the back of her neck and pull her forward, his lips meeting her's again, this time Ali could feel desperation behind the gesture, his kiss rougher than before, but she matched it as she tried to get closer to him only to hiss in pain as it jarred her injury. Marcus pressed his marked forehead against her's as he closed his eyes trying to regain control of himself, unable to stop her self she leaned forward, closing the gap and touched her lips to his again making him sigh slightly in frustration as he pulled away breaking them apart.
"Alex, I have to go..."
"But-"
"Pocket needs me. She slipped into a coma a little while ago. I was supposed to have already been there."
This got Ali's attention as she sat up quickly, yelping as pain shot through her, Marcus looked her over worriedly.
"Don't worry, I have it under control. You just need to rest."
She nodded as he put his hand against her forehead and whispered a few words, her world slowly getting fuzzy as an involuntary sleep took over her, her body slumped into the pillows as he situated her and covered her with the blankets to make sure she was comfortable. He looked down on her for a long moment before bending down and placing a soft, gentle kiss on her temple before he left.
Ali's thoughts filtered over into her sleep...
[i]She was sitting in a dark room, her knees tucked to her chest as she cried, she looked up wiping her eyes as two spots of light flashed into the room. She watched as shadows began to appear in the lights, one was tall and broad while the other was shorter than the first, but no less broad, frowning she watched as the shadows took on characteristics, the tall shadow gaining muscle mass and shoulder length brown hair while the shorter shadow began to glow slightly. Ali gasped as they began to gain the faces of Demetri and Marcus, she felt her skip as Demetri held his hand for her; she reached for it instinctively but stopped as she watched Marcus make the same gesture. Standing from her spot she faced the two men, confused she looked between the two of them unable to choose who to go to. She felt her stomach drop as both men closed their eyes, looking away from her before turning and walking away back into the darkness leaving her standing there unable to choose which direction to go in, all she could do was crumple to the floor and pull her knees to her chest again and start sobbing. [/i]
On the outside of her inner turmoils a single tear slipped down the side of her face as she mumbled the names of the two men who now haunted her dreams. [/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[size="1"]When Marcus had opened the door to Ali's room, Jason came tumbling forward, a giant grin on his face. Marcus stared at him for a few moments before stepping over him and heading to the stairs. Jason scrambled to stand and quickly closed the door and chased after Marcus.
[b]
"I can't believe you kissed my sister!"[/b] Marcus spoke without looking at Jason.
[b]
"I didn't know you were so into watching. I'll seal the door next time."

"There's gonna be a next time?"[/b] He exclaimed as Marcus shook his head.
[b]
"Jason, just relax alright. Don't make too much of it."[/b] Jason let out a laugh that almost sounded like a howl. Marcus kept walking as they were heading out the door, Marcus stopped and turned back to face Jason.
[b]
"Stay here, protect her and make sure she stays asleep. I don't want anything happening to her."[/b] Jason gave him a mocking salute and walked away with a sly smile on his face, Marcus just sighed as he walked out into the sun. His mind wandered as he simply stood on the porch, his thoughts drifting back to only moments ago. The kisses had done more to him then he thought, Jason was completely in the right to think it was something greater. He shook himself mentally, it couldn't be more then what had happened in the room, he didn't steal other someones significant other. But, this was a time where he questioned that virtue, it was like someone had finally rewarded him for being faithful to her memory. Nothing he could do would ever make him love Masan less, but, the feelings that stirred in him now made him question if he could love again. He always assumed he could, but he had never tried since he had obsessed about Sybille for so long. His mind had become so cluttered with trying to find Sybille and punish him, that he stopped living. He looked at his hands for just a second, and wondered what it would have been like if he had never done this. That's when the thought struck him, he would never have been standing her, and that simple thought shook him. He didn't feel confused about any of it then, only thought crossing his mind was he was happy to be her with Ali.

Her sweet smile flashing before his eyes, the smile warming his heart for the moment. He was half tempted to turn back around and go lay with her, forgetting his troubles by losing himself in her touch. Feeling her lips on his had sent a fire through his soul he never wanted to quench. He physically shook himself this time, a scowl etching his face as he remembered Demetri in all of this, his heart was unsettled by this, but he also felt a storm brew inside of him. Would he fight for her? Would she want him even if he did? He pushed the thoughts away, he had to handle one situation at a time. Pocket needed his attention now.

The sand crunching lightly as he walked to his destination, his chest ached now, he hadn't felt that way in a long time. He had forgotten how it felt to care about someone that much, how it felt to let that warm wave of happiness wash over you and let you drown in its sheer ecstasy. He also forgot about when that feeling vanished when you left the other, how you felt an ache in your heart that almost hurt. To him, it felt like dying.
[b]
"You're not dying this time baldy!"[/b] Marcus whipped around at the sound of the voice, but saw no one, his eyes searching for the source.
[b]
"I'm in your head!"[/b] A giggle followed the words, he turned again to search else where.

[i]I can't be hearing voices, especially not his voice![/i] Marcus thought, moments later a figure appeared, ethereal, the man practically see through as he was hunched over with his wolf head cane in hand. Marcus threw his hands into the air as he saw the figure manifest itself.
[b]
"You can't be here old man, I know you can't."[/b] Shadowthrone giggled again.
[b]
"I can right now you idiot! I can do whatever I want!"[/b] Marcus sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, waving him off.
[b]
"I don't have time for this, I can't lose my mind right now. I have to help someone." [/b]Shadowthrone appeared before him before he could resume his journey. His face still shadowed by a hood, a scowl visible on the old mans looks.
[b]
"You need to think about this child, figure out how I'm here. That young girl, shes quite more powerful then you know, she let me come here."[/b] He giggled again, Marcus swinging a fist at him, passing through the shadowed mist that disintegrated and the reintegrated to his side. Marcus walking towards Pocket's cabin, the old man yell out to him.
[b]
"I warned you baldy, your in for a bad day! Listen to me dammit!"[/b] He screeched at Marcus, vanishing moments later as Marcus entered the cabin, finding Gene sitting at Pockets side. Tank and Lily nowhere to be found, he walked forward and put a hand on Gene's shoulder. He turned and looked into the mystics eyes.
[b]
"I'm glad you watched over her, I need you to stay here. I need to perform a very serious ritual to get into her mind, I need you to watch my body."[/b] Gene looked at him confused, baffled and unable to speak, he simply nodded. Marcus giving him a pat on the shoulder before starting to draw out runes on the ground, taking his time as he drew symbols on the ground. When he finished he picked Pocket up and laid her in the circle, Marcus crossing his legs as he sat beside her.
[b]
"Keep watch Gene, we'll be vulnerable like this. I'm counting on you."[/b] Gene nodded, his face becoming more stern. Marcus closed his eyes, whispering words as he laid a hand on Pockets forehead. His mind falling away from his body as he began his search through Pockets mind, quickly finding it far more expansive then he ever thought it would be. He felt a pull, a sort of familiarity to everything happening. Suddenly he was yanked further into her mind, sucked down as if it was a vortex of pure power. He understood what the feeling was, it was magic. It hit him hard as he fell through Pockets mind, her powers were magic based, he doubt anyone knew. He instantly met the ground, laying in blue grass he rose slowly as he let his mind catch up with everything that had just happened. Looking down he saw his body had manifested in her world, looking up he saw the sky was orange, giving everything a weird tint. Two sun hung in the sky, the place he stood was plains, this plains had been torn up recently. Rocks as large has cars stood tall on this plains, the ground disturbed beneath them showed that they had fallen here, not erupted up. Marcus walked slowly through the field of jagged teeth made of stone. He walked silently as best he could, trying to find Pocket as best he could. He knew this was gonna take awhile, and the gods only knew how time moved in this world, he hoped it didn't move at all. If for the sake of getting back to Ali as quickly as possible.
[b]
"Don't worry Pocket, I'll find you."[/b] He whispered to himself, stalking through the stone jungle to where he hoped she was. Taking a guess in what direction, he kept walking, trying to keep his mind clear for the task at hand, finding it difficult as his mind pictured Ali. He didn't mind the distraction as much as he thought he would, making the journey that much swifter.
[b]
"I'll comeback to you soon Ali, I promise."[/b] He made and oath to himself, still walking to finish this day off on a good note.[/size]

Demitri made his way to the woods after leaving the cabin, furious beyond all belief, he seemed to completely forgotten that it was he who did damage to his lover Ali, not Jason or Marcus. But, the movements were so fast and blurry, he hadnâ??t realized it until it happen when the mutt reminded him of what had occurred. Stomping through the fallen twigs and clumps of sand, Demitri made his stride as he continued further and further into the woodland unknown, the last glimmer of sunlight blocked by the thick trees of the island, but something shinned brightly in the horizon as the giant came closer to it. He marveled as he turned the path corner to come upon an lagoon, secluded and covered by the thick forest, the small sandy beach water came through a stream path in the rock formation that surrounded the lagoon. Demitri felt calm when he stepped closer and closer to this oasis, the voice had vanished and his body felt weak, but it was a weakness that Demitri welcomed the feeling as he forced a smile, stepping closer and closer on the rigid, rocky ground. He didnâ??t mind the small pebbles or shards pressing hard against his bare feet, the giant took off his tank top as he slowly walked deeper and deeper into the water. Feeling the cool chill of the water soak his pants more and more as he sank, finally the water level deep enough where his feet floated as the water rose to his chest. Demitri was hesitant, taking deep breaths as he felt the coolness surge through his body, without thinking, the man sank underneath and completed the sensation by relaxing under the water. He felt his mind at ease as the giant replayed all the events that took place recently, the violent surge of energy he released when fighting Tempest, the words spoken to Ali, harming his love again and again throwing her to the house and blasting her in her chest. The giant squinted his eyes under the water as he grunted, bubbles passing through his lips and teeth, air trying to find freedom underneath the watery environment. What bothered the man the most was the words spoken when he argued with Marcus, his close ally and trusted friend on the team.

(Who is Masan? Why did those words come out of my mouth?) The giant pondered more as he smoothly rose to the top of the water, taking a deep breath as he breached the surface and gasped for air. He looked around to see he was still alone in his own private thinking spot, the giant took another deep breath and decided to decend again to his personal space. Out on the wood path, Tank came from around the corner holding some fire wood in his arms, not wearing his bandage around his eye, the steel man walked around with pride over his scar that crossed his right eye. Still leaving his baby blues in tact and fuctional from the attack tempest delt to the boy. The boy marveled at the scenery as he peered over the lagoon in his steel form, but was surprised when he transformed and his steel eyes only saw the rocky surroundings with a bright red lake. The water flashed and glicined bright red over the normal blue shine it usually has. It almost frightened the steel man as he cam closer and closer to the water, placing the fire wood on the ground slowly as he changed back to his flesh and blood form, seeing the water now liquid blue once again. Demitri popped up again, catching some air, scaring the steel man for a moment as he backed up, but realizing who he was, he felt a little better knowing it was their commander. Demitri brushed his wet bangs back as he looked around once again, a little embarrassed to see Tank simply staring at him.

â??Hey there bud, what are you doing up so late?â? Demitri asked, only receiving a shrug from the steel mand as he came close to the water as it crashed on the small beach, hesitant as he tapped his big toe to the frigid water, shivering slightly. â??You can come in, there are no sharks and its pretty shallow.â? Tank frowned and shook his head slowly.

â??Canâ??t swimâ?¦â? He murmered, Demitri chuckled at the thought but sway his way to the beach shore to meet up with the steel man. Tank was a bit hesitant as Demitri sat down on the sand next to him, still nervous about what he sees when heâ??s fully transformed into his steel form. Tank felt a muscled arm wrap around his own broad shoulders.

â??Itâ??s alright, Iâ??ll teach you sometime. Takes a while to master but its fun once you get use to itâ? Demitri sighed as he laid on his back, hands behind his head as he enjoyed the warm sea breeze that passed through the thick woods. It was silent between the two until Demitri spoke up. â??Tank, how old are you bud?â?

â??Thirteenâ? He said quickly, Demitriâ??s eyes popped opened when he heard the answer, slowly sitting up once again next to the boy.

â??My word, youâ??re just a young pup. I didnâ??t know, you look so muchâ?¦.older!â? Tank blushed for a moment, something inside of the boy made him say what he did. Tank forced a smile as he looked down for a moment making Demitri worry. â??Tank, why do you stay so quiet all the time? Youâ??re free to talk like everyone else. You shouldnâ??t be scared bud.â?

â??I knowâ?¦â?

â??You seem like youâ??ve been through a lot. Did you have family growing up?â? Demitri asked, worried about the young boy.

â??Dadâ?¦butâ?¦â? He shuttered as he remembered how his father treated the boy, abusing him physically as a child and even when he was ten years old. His father was a drunk, and a user of drugs, sometimes he would have gatherings at his place and his friend would also abuse Tank on a regular basis, making him their little slave for errands. â??They were meanâ?¦â?

â??They? So was he a bad manâ? The giant asked as he raised an eyebrow in concern.

â??Yesâ? Tank said quickly, looking down at the water where his legs dipped, wiggling his big toes.

â??Did he, or they hurt you?â?

â??Yesâ? Demitri braced himself for his next questions.

â??Did they yell at you a lot?â?

â??Yesâ? This time, there was a lump in Tankâ??s throat that caught Demitriâ??s attention.

â??â?¦.they touched you, didnâ??t they?â? Waiting for an answer he hoped wasnâ??t true.

â??When they drank, and smokedâ?¦yes..â? Tears filled up Tanks eyes as he looked away, trying not to remmeber the horrible times before his powers manifested and he ran away. Demitriâ??s heart sank as he listened, it wasnâ??t right for a mature boy to have gone through all of that, without any help. But it seemed like Lily was his only source of happiness, the giant was at least happy for that. With great hesitation, the wind wizard slowly patted Tank on the back, not to make him feel uncomfortable, but loved and accepted by the others. â??Youâ??re alright kid, youâ??re here with friends who care for youâ? Demitri smiled as Tank wiped his eyes before staring at the commander, giving a light smile as he asked his question.

â??Are you alright?...â? Tank asked. Demitri raised an eyebrow at the question, but he knew why the boy was asking with his recent behavior.

â??Honestly, I donâ??t know. Iâ??ve done so many things that I wouldnâ??t have lately, I just donâ??t know what wrong with meâ?¦â? Demitri placed his hand on his head and thought for a moment, once again, a sharp pain shot through the back of his neck.

â??Is it the red man?â? Tank asked, Demitri was puzzled at the question.

â??Red Man?â?

â??The one I see when I change, always putting something into your body. His left eye is missing, but shows on yoursâ?¦.â? The information scared Demitri, and thatâ??s when it happened again, more pain and muscle convulsions, and once again, the voice entered his head.

[b][i][color=#C00000](You must get rid of the boy, he is a threat to your life! The steel man must die!!!) [/color][/i][/b][color=black]Demitri tried his might to fight his urges the voice was encouraging into his mind, but it seemed like the voie was stronger and only getting stronger. Demitri hissed through his teeth as tank shook in his place, throwing his head back he yelled, causing the boy to stand and look down at his commander. Only seeing his glowing whit eye and his deadly left red eye. The wind wizard looked towards Tank as he stood slowly, smiling deep as he stood off against the boy. Tank was worried, before he could transform into his steel, he was grabbed from the back with Demtiriâ??s left hand as he torso was connected to Demitriâ??s knee, cracking a couple of ribs in the process. The steel man flew back as he dropped to the ground, grunting and moaning in pain as he held onto the side of his body. [/color]

[color=black]â??Demitriâ?¦.Sto-â?? A wind blast sent the boy in the air, followed by a couple of wind slices, cutting the boy several times before he hit the ground hard, making an indentation into the rocky ground. Demitriâ??s glare deepened as he approached the injured team mate, extending his hand towards the boy as a rush of wind kept the steel man down where he laid, pressing his body more and more into the rock ground, the stress of his body gave way as another bone cracked at his rib cage, cutting his internal organs. The boy screamed in pain as tears rushed down his face, trying to move, he pulled muscled trying to raise his limbs to the force pressing on his body, but a failed attempts as they fell back to their original place. Demitri continued until he was standing over the weakened boy, tears falling from his own eyes. The wind stopped, Tankâ??s breathing was ragid now as he felt the pain and sores from all over his body, coughing up blood as his chest rested and fell as he stuttered to keep consciousness. Demitri spoke, but now his voice was mixed with sybilleâ??s in a raspy echo.[/color]

[color=black]â??[color="#000080"][b][i]So boy, you could see me all along. Well, unfortunately you were too weak to act upon your worries, such a good pet, you would make a useful toy if you weren't so useless and easy[/i][/b][/color]â? Demitri smiled, his mind now completely gone from him as the giant stared down, several wind blasts of high magnitude shot down onto Tankâ??s body, hitting his chest area hard and fast, gravel mist rose after the blasts stopped. Demitriâ??s face smiled as the smoke cleared, open gashed and blood ran down the boyâ??s body, seemingly he had stopped breathing. Sybille controlled Demitriâ??s hand as he conjured a large wind in his hand, it took the form of a large shard, compared to a shard of glass, retracting his hand to toss it down at the boy to finish him off. Tank opened his right eye as he stared at the blurry vision of Demitri, now seeing the red man as he saw his commander, body moving the same as Demitri. Shakingly, he spoke with what little breath he had left.[/color]

[color=black]â??D-d-daddyâ?¦â? With that, Tankâ??s head fell to the ground, but his words reached Demitri, making Sybilleâ??s mind bending negate itself as the red figure disappear. Demitri stood in his place as he blinked a couple of times, his eyes bloodshot and tired as he looked around. Unknowing of where he was anymore until he looked down at what he thought was his dead team mate.[/color]

[color=black]â??My Godâ?¦.TANK!!!!â? Demitri slid down to his side, trying to wake the little giant where he laid with harsh shaked, but no answer. â??Noâ?¦.oh no no no, Tank please wake upâ? Demitri cried, but he got no answer. Once again, the pain in his neck acted on its own as the voice returned. [/color]

[color=black]([color="#8B0000"][i][b]Come my slave, we have work to do. Let us not ligure with the dead, hahahaha...[/b][/i][/color])
[/color]

[color=black]â??GO AWAYâ? Demitri cried as he held Tank close to his body, but the boyâ??s body dropped as Demitriâ??s own form started to vanish until it was completely gone. Down the path that lead to the Lagoon, Jeff and Lily walked as they headed towards their own cabin to meet Tank and watch over Pocket, it was Jeff who noticed the Lagoon first as they both approached it closer. [/color]

[color=black]â??Wow, this place is prettyâ? Lily gasped in amazement, but what she saw next scared the little girl, Tankâ??s body on the ground, not moving. Screaming to the top of her lungs, she cried as she rushed over to Tankâ??s body. â??BIG BROTHER!!â? Standing over his body, the little girl knelt down and cried as she shook the larger boyâ??s body, Jeff went to his other side and placed his ear to his mouth, small breaths escaped outwards as his chest rose little by little. [/color]

[color=black]â??Go Get Sasa, and the others!!â? Lily cried as she ran, running as fast as her little body could handle. Jeff began CPR to make sure the boy was still breathing. [/color]

[b][color=black]~ HDF Northern Base~[/color][/b]

[color=black]Unlike before, the base was slowly coming back to life with personnel and workers alike, adjusting to the new facility and security measure they installed. Demitri found himself inside of his room packing his belongings and clothes in a single nap sack, taking his credit cards and spare cash as he packed.[/color]

[color=black]â??What have I doneâ?¦what did you make me do? Tankâ?¦I killed Tank!!â? Demitri cried as he packed his things, once again, his body wa moving on his own, not intentional. The voice only spoke as it laughed.[/color]

[color=black][color="#8B0000"][i][b](Fear not Wind Wizard, he was only a pawn, the real prize is still to be won. But I shall protect you against your enemies[/b][/i][/color]) The voice spoke again, once Demitri had finished, it teliported the man away again without warning. Inside the Commandantâ??s new office, the muscular leader of the base filed some paperwork before Break entered the room. [/color]

[color=black]â??Sir, we may have a problemâ? The commander stated, getting the Commandants attention as he removed his glasses and looked puzzled.[/color]

[color=black]â??What is it Break?â?[/color]

[color=black]â??The barriers I placed on Commander Athens, something seems amiss. It seems theyâ??re less the strength Iâ??ve put them at, we need to find him at once to strengthen his barriersâ? The commander stated as he stood at attention to his superior officer. The Commandant picked up the phone and dialed the number for the islandâ??s phone, he would need to return the team back as soon as the sun rose, just to be on the safe side.[/color]

[color=black] [/color][b]~The Island~ [/b]

[color=black][/color] [color=black]Marcus laid on the couch, miding his own business as he munched on some chips. The achievement of Ali and Marcus getting together, even if just for a simple kiss here and there, created a smile on the wolf manâ??s face as it danced from ear to ear. Taking a whiff of the air, the wolf man sat up quickly, dropping his bowl as he sniffed some more. [/color]

[color=black]â??Bloodâ??s been spilled, and from one of our ownâ? He growled as he ran out of the cabin and transformed into his beast form, tracking the sent as he heard screaming in the distance. [/color]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali woke up slowly, her body still sore as the front door slammed shut, the sound of screaming filtered in through her window and she looked out seeing the sun sink below the horizon. She had been asleep longer than she thought she raised her self up on her elbows as Marcus ran up the stairs and into the room, the sight of the man bringing back the memories of his kisses, which in turn made her flush crimson, but the serious look on his face stopped her thoughts in their tracks.
"Marcus, what's wrong?"
"Something happened. Jeff and Lily just found Tank and he's in really bad condition."
"Tempest?"
"No, he's still sealed away."
She looked at him and frowned as his eyes shifted away from her's, he looked tired and haggard and worse yet, above everything else, enraged.
"Wait, I thought you had to take care of Pocket, is she alright?"
"She's fine. I'll explain later but where I went time passes differently there than it does here."
She nodded, not really sure what he meant but choosing to let it go rather than be confused on the matter, the look on his face still bothering her as she stood slowly and dug through her things for a pair of jeans to replace Demetri's over large shorts and clean, blood free shirt. Finding what she needed she didn't bother with modesty, a sense of urgency taking over as she stripped from her lounge cloths and quickly replaced them with her hip huggers and a baby blue tube top, she pushed her hair away from her face, leaving it loose as she followed Marcus down the stairs and outside, her bare feet hitting the warm sand as she jogged behind the mystic. As they reached the cabin Ali took a few steps in front of Marcus and stopped, gasping she turned and found her self in the man's arms as she buried her face in his chest, the sight of Tank forever burned into her memory. Taking a deep breath she turned back around and winced as she saw Lily kneeling next to the boy sobbing.
"Pocket, get her out of here. She doesn't need to see this."
Pocket nodded, looking quiet tired her self and Ali could only wish that this vacation had been as relaxing as it should have been. Taking a deep breath she looked over the boy, her heart freezing as she looked closely at the wounds, putting her hand over her mouth she stopped the tears as they threatened to flow from her eyes, Jason's signaling his return with a loud growl.
"That son of a- how could attack a child!"
Sasa looked back at the wolf man confused.
"What are you talking about mutt?"
"Who ISN'T here with us?"
Ali shook her head not wanting to believe it, but the evidence was to much to rationalize against.
"No, your mistaken Jason. He wouldn't do this."
"Than where the hell is he Alex?! Tell me that! I told you he couldn't be trusted!"
She stood up and stalked over to her brother flinging her left foot out and catching him in the stomach sending him onto his back.
"Shut up! He didn't do it!"
Jason looked up at his sister and sighed.
"Ali, you can't deny what you see with you own eyes, and he's gone...I've tracked this entire island and his scent ends where they found him...it's just gone."
She shook her head violently, doing her best to deny what her brother was trying to tell her but the harder she tried the more clear it became. She had a scar on her back and a burn on her chest that made the proof that much more solid. Sasa crossed her arms over her chest as Gene joined them, her voice sounding frustrated.
"What have you all figured out that your holding out on us?"
Ali stood and looked at Gene.
"Get on the phone, call HQ and tell them to get us the hell out of here. Tank needs immediate medical help. He has sever w-wind burns and lacerations across his body, seems to be internal bleeding and broken ribs."
Gene faltered as the information sank in.
"Wind burns? But the only way that would have happened is if..."
Ali finished the sentence for him as she closed her eyes tightly and clenched her fists.
"Demetri..."
The wait wasn't long, Cloak's black mist surrounding the group and pulling them back into the Northern Base, it felt surreal to be back here, but the lights and fixtures were all fixed and the faculty flooded the halls as Patch and Touch rushed forwards, Ali stopped them briefly.
"M-make sure he doesn't have any scars from this please...he's...he's been through enough. He doesn't need more to hang on to."
The medics nodded and rushed off as the Commandant strode forward looking through the group, Break with him, he frowned as he saw his son mission.
"Where's the Commander?"
Ali looked away, her heart breaking even more as the reality sank in more and more.
"He...not here sir."
"Where the hell is he?!"
"We don't know...but the injuries that the boy required...they were all from wind based attacks..."
Shield balked as he looked towards Break.
"Examine him, find out if this is true."
He took the team into a sound proof room and began to question them, Lily curled up in Ali's lap, silent tears falling from her eyes as she thought of her brother in the other room, at deaths door. Break returned, his face grim, giving one firm nod, he left. Shield slammed his fist onto the table and looked around before covering his face and turning his back to the team. They could hear him whispering to himself quietly, Demetri's name echoing through the room silently. Turning back around, his face looking more aged and worried than the team could ever remember he excused them.
"Get some rest. Talon."
Jason and Ali looked up at him making him frown.
"Alex Talon."
Jason nodded and left with the others as Ali stayed behind.
"In light of the situation, until we find out what's going on, your being promoted to Commander."
"What?! I thought I was suspended."
"It just got revoked. I have no choice at the moment."
She nodded and swiped a hand across her face giving the Commandant a glance of the burn on her chest.
"Talon, what happened at that beach?"
She sat down with a heavy sigh, starting from the beginning when Tempest arrived to Demetri's odd behavior, she went into detail of the battle between the fire wielder and Demetri and continued her story til the end, leaving certain things out of course. He nodded as his face dropped.
"Thank you Talon, your excused. One more thing."
She turned as he took off his glasses and rubbed his over bright eyes.
"If he tries to contact you...please alert me, will you?"
She nodded and walked out of the room heading to her own, upon entering it she gasped, it had been remolded to fit two people easily, the large king sized bed had two lamps, one on either side, and she could see that it was fitted with a new kitchenette and shower making it look more like a two person apartment than a single person's room, she muffled a small sob as she looked at the large dresser and saw Demetri's uniform sitting on the top, freshly pressed and fitted with his Commander patches and decorations. She closed her eyes and felt the tears slip down her cheeks as she fell onto the bed face first, her sobs cut off into the pillows as she cried, after what felt like hours to the woman she rolled onto her side, hugging one of the pillows to her chest as she tried to ease her body into sleep. Sighing she sat up and looked at the clock seeing it was already well past midnight, she had been back for almost 3 hours in this large room now and all of a sudden she felt alone. Extremely alone. Shuddering at the feeling of it all she grabbed a long sleeve top and pulled it on over the tube top she wore, matching it unknowingly as the black v-neck shirt clashed with the baby blue making it stand out. She shoved her hands into her pockets as she roamed the base, the familiar feeling driving home that they were back, and even worse driving home that Demetri wasn't there with them, she stopped short as he path was blocked by a door, looking up at it she felt her heart jump as she saw the rune on the door letting her know that she had come to Marcus' room with out realizing it. Taking a deep breath she swiped her new ID card and looked in carefully as the door slid open silently, stepping through the door she jumped as it slid shut on her, closing her off in a world of darkness, she spun around as a faint glow pulsed and than vanished. She blinked as she realized that the glow was Marcus, sitting on the floor meditating. She padded over on silent, bare feet and lowered herself onto her knees infront of him, reaching up to cup his dark cheek with her hand she pulled it back, a feeling of guilt washing over her. She thought of going back to her room but the thought of the empty space making her choice for her as she stood up and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around her shoulders she pulled the comforter off his unused bed and folded it. Laying it on the plush carpet next to the glowing man she lowered her self ontop of it and rested her head on his leg, his warmth soaking into her own skin as her body finally gave in to it's injuries, stress, and lack of sleep for the day and she succumbed to slumber rather swiftly, silent tears dropped from her eyes to land on the mystics leg as she cried in her sleep. The days events breaking her heart every time she thought of her lover and the young boy laying unconscious in the med room.[/color][/font]

[size="1"]Marcus had disappeared quickly after the Commandant dismissed them except for Ali. He wanted to comfort her more then anything, but he knew that wasn't possible right now. He was gonna have to wait until the time was right, until then he needed to see Tank now. He had hurried through base, his feet still bare and felt the cold ground against the soles of his feet. He stopped when he reached the doorway to Tanks room, he walked in slowly, still shocked at the damage done to him. It was so obvious now, the pain caused now by the Demetri's own hand. He didn't know what to make of the situation, a trusted friend and ally had caused more damage to the man of steel, then anyone else had managed since they brought them into the HDF. He rest a hand on Tanks forehead, unable to do much else except look at the tube down Tanks throat, the way his body simply laid there. He simply stared at him for a long while, thoughts fading away for mere moments, until he felt something grab hold of his leg, looking down he saw Lilly look up at him with her doe eyes. The tears falling without mercy, he couldn't help but reach down and pick her up, her face nuzzling in his shoulder as she wept.
[b]
"He'll be ok Lily. Patch and Madam Touch are the best healers in the world. Your brother Tank will be much better soon, I promise Lily." [/b]She nodded as she sniffled, he set her down gently as she stayed beside Tank. He didn't know what to do, so he simply stood their, soon enough Blues walked in beside him. Standing quietly as he looked at the pair, waiting for his friend to speak up.
[b]
"I don't know what to think any more Blues."[/b]
[b]
"That's a surprise, usually I can't even surprise you on your birthday. Care to explain mystic?"[/b] Marcus crossed his arms as he thought about his next words carefully.
[b]
"Things have taken a turn I never anticipated. I was caught off guard by something right under my nose Blues."[/b] Blues chuckled lightly.
[b]
"You mean Ali right?"[/b] Marcus turned his head slightly, looking at Blues for a second then looking forward again.
[b]
"Whats that suppose to mean?"

"Come on Marcus, you had to have seen it. She looks just like Masan, different in her own way but gods above she is just like her. Just as tough too, I've seen her scars, Masan could take a beating just like her." [/b]Marcus knew exactly what he was talking about, going back to that first day he met the team. He recalled all of them so clearly, that was, until he saw Alex Talon. He had been able to control it better then, his emotions and feelings were hidden from everyone. But, seeing her, it was like seeing a ghost. Almost like he was reliving the old days, he had to try to get close to her, events unfolded in his favor. Some was small parts he did, others were unintentional. When the Commandant named him her bodyguard, it had been as if someone answered his prayers. He had seen the love between Demetri and Ali, it was clear enough to him, he wasn't going to interfere with that then. All he wanted was to be close to her again, be trusted by Ali as Masan had trusted him. He wanted to prove he could protect her, that he hadn't be so useless. And with their bond, the rune bringing them closer, he grew to love her like family, he thought that would have been enough. Would have been all he needed to be content with his life, but the vacation had change it all, the passion shared between them had done something more to him. He didn't dare call it love, no, that was too close to the chest for him, he couldn't handle that right now.

He could call it something else, if he knew what that was. They were no longer just friends at this point, they were more then friends, but less then lovers. He felt, content with that for now, he could be where he was now with her. It left room for when Demetri returned. If he ever returned, he corrected himself. He didn't know how to feel about that, in relation to Ali, he could say he was overjoyed Demetri was gone, but that felt wrong. So, he left it alone for now, his mind drifted again, remembering the ball this time. The dress she wore that night had taken his breath away, the kiss on the hand he had done for her had always been Masan's favorite gesture before they danced. When they did finally dance, he had lost himself for a bit in the motion. Her smooth motions had enticed him enough to put that rune on her later, the one she still had to this day. He was suddenly snapped out of his memories when Blues nudged him.
[b]
"Slipping away again are you?"[/b] Marcus remained silent.
[b]
"Fair enough, but remember, I can see everything you're gonna do before you do it. That's how I knew about Ali there, it was always a possible."[/b] Marcus looked at him with a raised brow, the tattoos making up for the lack of hair.
[b]
"You can't see that far Blues."[/b] He gave a smug smile.
[b]
"Didn't need to, when I looked at her, I saw what she could do at that moment. Her choices included kissing you my friend."[/b] Marcus shook his head with a small grin on his face.
[b]
"I always hate when you do that Blues."[/b] Blues let out a small laugh as he shifted his stance. Marcus grin faded as his guilt of the beach crept into his mind again, he turned away then, walking away from Blues and the med room. He couldn't do anything more until later, he walked until he reached his room. Sliding his card before entering the dark room, he sat down in his circle, setting his hourglass he closes his eyes and pulled into his mediation. The shadow world appearing before him, rising he simply stood alone, his mind finally clear as he escaped all the problems of the reality he lived in. Until, he saw a figure appear a short distance away, the figure drawing closer, he saw it out of the corner of his eye. Assuming it was Cotillion he turned with a scowl on his face.
[b]
"I don't want you here right now, I just want..."[/b] He suddenly trailed off when he saw who it was, her figure giving her away easily. The red hair making his heart race and her eyes staring at him kept him drawn in, the final touch was the sweet smile she gave him. That private smile he hoped was just for him. He didn't move in any direction, just stared as she stood a few feet from him. Her hands at her side in her hip hugger jeans and the tube top she had worn after they left the beach. Her form alone provoked thoughts in his head he had to suppress, the thoughts that filled him with guilt every time they crossed. But they always made him think about her more, how his desire and passion were slowly growing, and he didn't know how to make it stop. He took a single step, the figure fading before another took its place, an old man hunched over with his cane. Shadowthrone cackled at Marcus raged face, Cotillion appearing behind him, putting a hand on his shoulder before stepping forward.
[b]
"That was a cruel joke Ammanas. He suffers enough as it is. The conflict alone will probably kill him, if not cripple."[/b] Marcus scoffed at his words.
[b]
"It'll take more then this to kill me, you always tried to play the sentimental one Rope. You were just as bad as him. He, however, shows it to everyone. We may have hated him for it, but he was true to it."[/b] The Rope simply shrugged at Marcus outburst.
[b]
"I was always kinder then he was, he never let me live it down."

"Because you almost killed us you fool!" [/b]He screech at them, his vision changing to Marcus again.
[b]
"You know you wanted it, after that kiss in her bedroom. You're sunk my boy!"[/b] He giggled as Marcus rushed forward, standing before the old man, his fists balled as he restrained from hitting him again. Shadowthrone held up his hands, his cane gripped in his left hand.
[b]
"Don't take my word mystic, look for yourself."[/b] Marcus turned and there was a mirror before him, showing him was going on in his own room. The door slid open, Ali walking in to the darkness. He saw her pull the comforter off the bed, she curled up on to him, her head resting on his lap as she wept again. His heart broke, far too many times for his enjoyment, and turned to them both.
[b]
"Get out, I'm leaving now." [/b]His eyes snapped open as he was in the dark room, the glow fading from his body. He saw she was indeed asleep, her eyes still wept tears. He lifted her head gently as he pulled his legs out, setting her head back down before tucking his arms under body and lifted her onto the bed. Letting her down gently, he tucked her into the bed more comfortably, laying next to her, he simply stared at the ceiling. She rolled over and rest her head on his shoulder, sleep still taken her over. He wouldn't meditate anymore tonight, and this would be the first time he slept in this bed since he obtained this room. No better way to start off, he thought to himself as he let his thoughts drift, keeping Ali close to him as she slept soundly.[/size]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali stirred, shifting slowly as she remembered where she was, expecting to fell the hard floor under she she was shocked as she felt the warmth of a body next to her's. She sat up swiftly causing the person to shift next to her, she looked down at the marked man laying next to her and felt her heart jump. Looking at her watch she sighed at the time, imagining the sky turning Grey with the morning light as she stared down at Marcus. Laying down on her side she watched him sleep, it was something she had never seen before and she was surprised by how...peaceful, the man looked. She lifted her hand and gently and traced the runes he had on his face slowly, her finger tip brushing against his skin, which was softer than she had imagined it would be. His tanned skin making her own creamy flesh look pale as she continued to follow the path of the runes, her delicate finger trailing down his neck and across his chest. The runes were somewhat of an enigma in themselves seeming to have a mind of their own, glowing in correspondence to his emotions. They made him look fearsome, and handsome all at the same time and she could only wonder what he looked like in the past with out them. The image she conjured in her mind made her giggle slightly, he didn't look right with out them was her final call on that train of thought.
She sighed as she simply watched him sleep, his face looking so peaceful she hated to think of what happened in his past that caused the man to look so stressed most of the time and than she frowned. She did know what happened in his past, she had seen it, and it broke her heart knowing he had to endure that pain for so long, she wanted to help ease it, help him seep away from that pain and be content. She sat up til she was looking down on him fully and lifted his hand, holding it between her's, a gentle smile slipping easily onto her features as she realized with a soft giggle just how much of a heavy sleeper he really was. Looking at the runes on his hands she traced them, traveling up his arm much like she did with the ones on his face, the more she looked at them the more fascinating they became, she stopped as he shifted in his sleep, his breath huffing a small chuckle, she blinked as she traced one of the runes on his arm gaining another sound that mimicked the one she heard from him before, she covered her mouth as she realized he was slightly ticklish. Moving away from the sensitive spot her fingers traveled up his arm, she marveled at how muscular he actually was now that she was this close and actually looking at him. She paused wondering when she had started to feel these emotions towards the man and sighed as she found the honest answer was the night she called to him with the rune.
She had seen his memories than, felt his emotions filter into her. She had felt his pain, and he had connected with her as well. Than when he had searched her mind, it had happened again and each time it had felt as if he were taking a small piece of her with him, the final realization had been when he had caught her during Demetri's fight. His arms had felt warm around her shoulders as he had held onto her gently, his anger flowing into her as he faced off against the two power giants. She had heard his mumbles to his old lover and had hidden the fact that it had struck something in her, something that hurt in a way that confused her. Was Jason right? Did she just want to believe that she was in love with Demetri for so long that her mind had tricked her in to thinking that was what she wanted. She shook her head, not ready to go there yet she simply went back to her silent investigation.
Continuing until she stopped with her hand on his chest, his warm skin heating her's as she simply looked down at him, she looked up as she heard the shrill call of a bird outside the base and saw the sky turning grey through the small windows that were in the rooms.
Looking back down she traced the rune that ran across his forehead and gasped as she saw his dreams, she was shocked as she saw her own face, and him recalling the kisses they had shared back at the beach, she pulled away as the passion he had growing for her threatened to overwhelm her. It was frightening and inciting all in the same instant and that scared her more than anything, she opened her eyes and blinked shuffling back as she caught the glint of his eyes looking back at her, she squeaked as she wound up toppling over the side of the bed and onto the floor, she groaned and righted her self, sitting on her butt with her knees bent and feet tucked behind her, her long hair covering half her face as she looked up. Marcus had sat up and was looking down at her blinking, his eyes on her making her flush and heat sweep across her skin, she pushed her hair out of her face and looked up at him giving him a soft smile, her black shirt hanging low on her shoulder as she scratched the back of her neck, her other hand in her lap.
"I-I didn't mean to wake you up...I just..I couldn't fall back to sleep."
She felt her cheeks flush more as he simply stared at her, his emotions and thoughts guarded from her yet again since he was awake, she looked up meeting his eyes and shivered at the intensity of his gaze, unsure of what to do she met his eyes and gave him a sweet smile.[/color][/font]

[size="1"]Looking down are her, he did his best to keep his thoughts and feelings to himself. When she touched his forehead he had felt the burst of energy, as if she was probing in his mind for something. He didn't think she did it intentionally, it was just a touch and she pulled only his most potent thoughts, feelings and memories. All of them happened to be of recent events, unfortunately for him, one of those memories was one of her in her dress during the HDF Ball. He only hoped that one didn't surface. He had also felt her touch reach deeper into his mind, he didn't feel her pull any memory to the surface, he wasn't sure what she had touched. When she gave him that sweet smile, he stopped caring what she pulled out of his head. He adjusted himself and put his legs over the edge of the bed, she kept her liquid eyes on him, all he could do was lean forward until he was close to her face.
[b]
"Are you ok Alex? The floor is kind of hard." [/b]She kept the smile as she nodded her head, her long hair bouncing lightly with her nod. He let a small smile crease his lips, returning the look for her. He saw something new in her eyes, like it was a longing for something he wasn't sure about. He out a hand on her face, using his thumb to rub her cheek gently, she leaned into the touch. Putting her hand over his as she slowly closed her eyes, his warm touch making her sigh lightly. That sound always gave him the shivers, he gave her a light kiss on the top of her head before whisper to her again.
[b]
"No one has ever found my ticklish spots before."[/b] Her eyes widened a bit as she tried to turn away. He put his other hand on her face as well, bringing her attention back to him.
[b]
"I didn't know you were awake. I wouldn't have done it if I knew."[/b] He let out a gentle laugh.
[b]
"It's alright Alex."[/b]She smiled again and rose from the floor, sitting next to him on the bed. He looked out the window, the gray sky showing the sun was up somewhere. He looked to her, she seemed flustered now. Unsure of what to do.
[b]
"You should lay down Ali, I'll sit on the couch while you rest."[/b] He was about to rise when she grabbed his arm, he looked back at her.
[b]
"No, its ok. I want you to lay down too."[/b] He looked down at the bed then back to Ali, seeing the smile and her eyes seem to do the trick. He nodded and turned as she crawled up the bed, he laid his head down and she nestled into his shoulder, his hand resting on her shoulder as she traced the runes lightly on his chest. Her touched was gentle on his skin, her finger tips lightly flowing over the runes as she traced them carefully. He smiled, a small chuckle came out when she hit one of his ticklish spots. She looked up with a mischievous look on her face as she used her small hand to quickly scratch at the spot, causing him to jolt a little. She giggled as he shook his head.
[b]
"You just enjoy that don't you?"[/b] She responded with a small giggle. When their eyes lock, something suddenly burned in them both. A sudden, aggressive feeling that burned bright and fiercely. The smiles falling away as Marcus leaned down, Ali reaching up, their lips meeting in the middle as they fell into a deep kiss. Her hand found his, entwining together he felt her rune flare to life on with his, her emotions pouring into his body. He gasped as he felt the intensity of it all, having to pull away as he tried to stop his head from swimming. Quickly, she was laying directly on top of him, both of her hands were clasped with his now as she leaned in again. This time coming together in a more desperate need, the feelings coursing through his blood, he released her hands and wrapped his arms around her, she putting her arms around his neck as the kiss grew in passion. Pulling away momentarily to breath before embracing again, both of them on their sides as they rolled over. They pulled away and a smile covered both their faces as they laid there. The feeling of guilt that had plagued him so heavily before, was weakened now, as if it didn't matter as much anymore. He didn't know why, but he felt more comfortable with all of this, every kiss building his feelings. He could see in her eyes as well, and the feeling behind the kisses that this was something more then infatuation.
[b]
"So, what do you want to do now Ali?"[/b] He whispered to her gently as he glided his hand over her cheek, trying to lose himself in the feeling and the depths of her eyes. He hoped the moment wouldn't end. He thought to himself quietly, hoping she couldn't hear or read his thoughts. He didn't want to be caught with things running through his mind that shouldn't be there.[/size]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali smiled gently as she looked at him, she shivered slightly; the feel of his hands warm and slightly familiar for some reason. Shaking that thought off she put her hand on his chest and closed her eyes as his lips brushed her forehead causing her to gasp as his emotions flooded her being. The thoughts sending a fresh wave of heat through her veins as she felt her chest heave.
"Ali?"
She couldn't answer, couldn't speak, the rush of emotion leaving her breathless and her mind blank, after several moments she opened her eyes and looked at him. pulling him forward as her lips sought his again, the unbridled passion behind the kiss shocking him before she felt him melt as a sigh escaped her. His hands resting on her cheeks. He pulled away to look at her only to have his eyes flutter closed as she leaned forward and kissed one of the runes on his chest, shocking the man even further. Ali felt as if something had possessed her, her sudden need and want for Marcus shocking her almost as much as it seemed to be shocking him, she traced the runes on his chest, grazing dangerously close to his stomach, the muscles under his skin twitching and convulsing under the sensation. She followed her path of kisses with her finger tips smiling against his skin as an uncharacteristic, barely heard, moan slipped from him. She felt a slight victory at the noise and linked her hand with his again, the runes glowing as their emotions poured from one to the other yet again. Ali gasped as he pulled her back pinning her beneath him, his lips covering her's as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders holding onto him tightly. She felt as if her body were on fire, her blood about to boil in the very veins with in her body, the feeling only intensifying causing her to cry out as his lips found a sensitive spot on her neck. She bucked under him, her head turning left and right when she was suddenly hit with a wave of vertigo. Her stomach turning dangerously. Putting her hands on his shoulders she pushed against him making her look down and frown as he saw her skin turn pale.
"Alex?"
She pushed against him with more urgency and he sat up quickly allowing her to jump from the bed and disappear into the bathroom, the sound of the fan covering the sound of her retching but he knew what she was doing. Almost 5 minutes later she emerged, her skin looking sickly as she stumbled slightly, purple bags under her eyes, the pools of liquid chocolate he had been getting lost in now blood shot and drooping down.
"My god Alex, are you alright?"
She nodded not trusting her self enough to speak, swallowing thickly she managed a smile sentence.
"I just haven't slept much in the last few days."
He nodded and guided her back to the bed, covering her with the blanket he looked down as she grabbed his wrist, the rune glowing as it had in the cabin on the beach. Only this time she didn't want just anybody with her, she wanted him, he could feel her desperation to not be alone and looked down at her, her beautiful eyes pleading him to stay, and stay he did. He lay down and allowed her to curl to his side, as close as she dare, her petite body pressed flush against his as she wrapped her slender arm around his waist and placed her head on his shoulder, he looked down as her body weight shifted and her breathing deepened alerting him that she was indeed asleep. The man's heart jumping into his throat as he spotted the small smile that graced her features as she slept, she nuzzled into him more as she shifted, her leg draped over his, his arm around her holding her close to his body. She sighed in her sleep, his name falling from her lips as she slept, her small moment of sickness forgotten for the time being as he closed his eyes relaxed, listening to her breathing. [/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

Demitri walked down the streets of the Innor Harbor in Baltimore, collecting his thoughts on everything that had happened, and the past several weeks he wanted to contact someone from his own team to let him know he was alright. But, after realizing he was the one who harmed Tank, and Ali, he couldn't trust himself to be around his team mates for the moment, and the ominous voice in his head had deepened his grasp on the giant more and more as the days passed by, the giant stopped as he marveled at the night life the city brought, he wished that he could bring Ali out for an evening to enjoy the spoils, but that would be impossible by now. The giant sighed as he continued his walk, during his stay at his condo, he had restricted using an excess amount of his powers to keep under the radar of HDF so as not to be spotted, limiting his spending and expenses as much as the man possibly could. Demitri leaned over the railing that looked over the inner harbor, the water slowly moving in the night, calm and collective now that all the ships had stopped sailing by during the evening hours. The soldier brought his hand to his face, massaging his eyes which stung to no end, it seemed to happen on a regular basis, he felt fine and re-energized, but people who viewed him pondered if he had gotten enough sleep the past couple of days.

([b][i][color="#0000FF"]Ali...Gods I miss you[/color][/i][/b]) Demitri thought, but his solitude of peace was interrupted as the voice in his head came to life moments later.

([color="#8B0000"][i][b]She is not worth your time my slave[/b][/i][/color]) Every time the voice talked down to Demitri, his body seemed to relax and go numb, he was slowly becoming just that, a slave to his own will. More and more Demitri began to listen and obey every word and instruction given, his own constitution of self vanished little by little. The giant leaned his head back slightly, looking up at the stars in the sky as the voice continued to purge his mind. ([color="#8B0000"][i][b]We have business to attend to my pet, is everything set up according to my specifications?[/b][/i][/color]).

"Yes...." Demitri whispered.

([color="#8B0000"][i][b]Yes what my slave?[/b][/i][/color]) The voice spoke in a more stern voice, almost upset as Demitri felt pain all over his body from his lack of obeying. The man held onto the railing and grunted, shifting his body little by little.

"I wont' say it....ahhh" He gasped, the pain went away within seconds, the giants gasping for air as he continued down the red brick road towards his apartment. The walk was short, only a couple of feet away from the inner harbor and close to a lot of people and business'. Demitri entered the complex and grabbed his keys to his apartment, inserting them in the key lock the man twisted and turned the knob until the door was finally open. Entering the dark room, the only light that lit up were the seven computer monitors at a single desk, everything else in the apartment had been removed besides a mattress, which Demitri hardly used due to his lack of sleeping. Days would go by where the giant prayed he could be holding his beloved Alex, but thoughts like that would endure him more with pain. Demitri entered and locked the door behind himself as he made his way towards the desk, turning on the monitors with his pass code, the black inverted background of the screen highlighted the green letters and information that came up.

([color="#8B0000"][i][b]Perfect, you have done well my slave. Has the information arrived that you need?[/b][/i][/color]) The voice laughed in excitement, Demitri only nodded as he looked at the screens, the new passcodes for the several HDF bases had arrived on his computer, it took a couple of days to hack into the system without being caught, but the giant was surprisingly tech savey. Typing up a couple of commands, Demitri also brought up pictures of satilite photos taken of the new bases, including the Northern Base that was now fully operational. The scattered papaers on his desk piled up with dossiers of the personnel that worked there. Regular humans and supernatural ones alike, giving their background and bio's, even place of residence outside of the base. Sybille had already taken hold of Demitri's body a couple of nights prior to visit those who were still in hiding, copying their powers and enfusing them into Demitri's body with several runes that allowed the giant to access them on his own will. Then, he would erase their memories or simply eliminate them if they were too high risk to let them live, but Demitri made sure he would take hold of his body again before that would happen. thankfully, no one was slained...yet. A small ping got the giants attention and the voice continued to laugh in victory.

"The pass code my..." Demitri bit his bottom lip before he finished his words, resisting the urge to say what the voice wanted to hear. It didn't stop the voice from laughing as Demitri stood from his chair and stripped his clothing, going to the pile at the corner of his apartment, Demitri found some dark blue jeans with his gun holsters on the belt and a short sleeve black undershirt, putting the closes on he didn't bother to go barefoot, placing two fingerless gloves on his hands as the giant cracked his neck. He was ready. Sybille didn't waste any time as he transported Demitri to the NOrthern HDF base, once there, the giant stalked around carefully, avoiding cameras and the light. On his bare feet, he was skillful in making it down the corridors unheard, hugging the walls tightly. His eyes completely white as he made his way deeper and deeper into the base. Jason was down the hall, talking with a couple of rookie soldiers until he sniffed, and sniffed again until he cocked his head to the side, looking behind him as the recruits looked puzzled.

"So you're here? You have some never you psycho...I'll.."

"Ummm, sir, who are you talking to?" The recruit interrupted, the wolf man said nothing as he turned away from them and followed the scent closely. Demitri felt a feeling he was being watched and ducked into a random room.

([color="#8B0000"][i][b]That blasted bloodhound, be swift my pet, we have little time to spare.[/b][/i][/color]) Demitri only nodded as he quickened his search, going to the sub basement area, Demitri was forced to use his commander's key card to open the door. The security room picked up on this and alerted several commanders about his appearance. The giant made his way down the stairs, knocking out a couple of soldiers with his wind blasts until he got the the main database super computer. Demitri reached into his pocket and took out a small disk, inserting it into the computer he typed a couple of commands to start the download. It took seconds when the information he needed was complete, taking the disk and making his way back to the main level, avoiding guards that passed by. [color="#8B0000"][i][b](Let us make haste[/b][/i][/color]) The voice commanded, but Demitri continued to move, on his own now towards his common room. He wanted to see if Ali was there sleeping, he would give anything to see her, more pain coursed through his body, but that didn't stop the giant and he opened the door to his own room and barrel rolled inside. Looking around...he saw nothing, no one was there, empty like his mind now. ([color="#8B0000"][i][b]She is nothing....nothing.....nothing..[/b][/i][/color]) The voice echoed as it vanished into the walls of his room, Demitri clenched his fists in anger as he left and ran down the hall, not caring is he made a noise. He passed the room Tank was assigned and ducked into it quickly, hearing a growl at the end of the corner, no surprise the mutt has caught up with him. Closing the door and locking it, Demitri turned around and saw the boy Tank lying in his bed at the end of the room. Slowly, the giant made his way towards the sleeping steel man, the damage he saw was enough to made the Wind Wizard shed tears as he knelt down beside the bed, placing his hand calmly on Tank's delicate chest.

"My gods....my boy, I'm so sorry I did this to you...it wasn't me. I hope you can forgive me though some day" Demitri wiped the tears away as he heard banging coming from the door, loud and harsh as the wolf man sent flurries of punches to get inside. Demitri stood on his feet again and said a couple of words, instantly he vanished as the door came crashing down, waking up Tank slightly as he looked around, still medicated on pain killers, his vision was off and blurry. But, he still heard Demitri's voice the whole time as he tried to speak. Jason sniffed more and more until he came near Tank, the scent died off from there.

"..Da-daddy?" He winced and closed his eyes once again, back at Demitri's apartment, the giant typed away at his computer. A stern, lazy look on his face as he entered all the information for Sybille to view through his body.

"Tank are you alright boy?" Jason asked, Tank was too weak to answer. The sudden show of alarms flared inside the building at the red lights flashed and the siren roared through the hallways. "Yes genius', now you sound the alarm" Jason scoffed as he left the room quietly to join the others, they were all brought into a briefing room, Ali and Marcus being last, still brought a smile to Jason's lips as he chuckled.

([color="#8B0000"][i][b]Yes, yes, this is what we needed my slave. You have done well, I shall grant you 2 hours of rest for this work[/b][/i][/color]) The voice laughed, Demitri only nodded in return, uploading the information on Alpha Team, the commanders, The High counsil, the new security systems for the Northern Base along with the other HDF bases on his computers in his apartment. Also, classified information on sightings from the other Gods from not too long ago.

"Thank you....master" Demitri whispered as he fell forward on his desk, gaining whatever sleep he could before he would be brought back to life for more torture.

([color="#0000FF"][i][b]Alex....[/b][/i][/color]) Demitri thought, it was the only thought he could wish for that kept him sane.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali stood with the others as the red lights flashed through the building, Cloak and Shield arguing back and forth slightly til the Commandant turned.
"We've been breached. Worse yet, who ever did it used Demetri's key card."
Jason scoffed as he began to walk out.
"Lieutenant Talon, where are you going?"
"I don't want to hear any information you have on the worthless pile of-"
Ali cut him off with a swift kick to the lower back causing her brother to whirl on her and growl loudly.
"Shut up Jason. Just...shut up."
He stared at her and sighed before he left.
"We're on high alert. Commander Talon, Alpha Lead Demos, you two are to make rounds around the base every hour on the hour til I say otherwise. I've called for Blues as well, he'll be doing rounds between the two of you to fill in any gaps. We can't rest til we know what's going on."
Ali nodded and left the room, her mind racing as she heard Demetri's voice filter through her head, walking through the halls she reached his room and swiped her card. Upon entering she felt tears well up in her eyes as she caught his scent, it was faint but he had been here. Covering her mouth she walked to the bed and sat down only to let out a sob and fall into the pillows as she cried...

A month had passed since than, with more possible sightings of the giant, the Alpha Team being sent to investigate. This morning had been no different, she had woken up, rather rudely, and sent with the rest of the team to investigate, Ali stepped from Cloaks black mist and closed her eyes as she felt her stomach turn rebelliously, her face turning slightly green. She looked up as Marcus put a hand on her shoulder giving her a small, secretive smile that he reserved only for her these days. Silently asking if she was alright, giving him a nod she watched him go, feeling slightly empty at the loss of his touch. She looked at his back as he walked away, the need to be with him had been growing every steadily and more than once she had found herself almost giving in to the feeling, it had been getting stronger over the weeks and was almost unbearable now. She shook herself from the train of thought as the others filed out one by one, Ali looked over as Jason leaned against the wall having refused to go on any search that had to deal with Demetri. She walked over to him and leaned into her brother as he wrapped a strong arm around her shoulders.
"How are you holding up sis?"
She shook her head feeling her stomach begin to get upset yet again.
"I'm not feeling so good lately."
"You should have Patch take a look at you. It would be a good idea."
She shook her head and untangled herself from him.
"I'll be fine. I'm gonna go grab a shower and relax some."
Jason gave her a broad grin as he looked down at her, his grin showing off his fangs as a chuckle flowed from him.
"You going out with Marcus again tonight?"
She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose impatiently.
"Jason, stop trying to play match maker, it doesn't suit you. If Marcus and I are going to be together it'll happen. Just...back off would you."
"I'm just trying to help you get your mind off of You Know Who."
"This isn't Harry Potter Kibble breath. He has a name, and it's Demetri."
"Yeah, that."
She shook her head and left him, walking to her room she stripped out of her uniform and searched through her dresser, blushing as she pulled out a small denim skirt, the black shirt was intricate, but still her style. One shoulder cut off, belts crisscrossing the front of it nicely, form fitting and well...Ali. Sighing she walked to her bathroom and turned on the shower, waiting til the water warmed she stepped under the spray sighing as she felt the dirt and grit from the busy city the visited that day being washed away. Putting her hands on the wall she closed her eyes and concentrated.
[i]Demetri...can you hear me? Where are you...? What happened to you...to us? I thought you'd never leave me....I'm so lost with out you...so confused and worse yet I think I'm getting sick...[/i]
She put her forehead to the cold tile as her tears began to mix with the hot water as he thoughts continued.
[i]I haven't been looked at yet...last thing I want is to worry everyone, I'm the Commander so everyone looks to me now...I'm not handling that kind of pressure really well. Thankfully Marcus has been helping me...but I-I miss you...[/i]
She sighed and finished washing, shutting the water off she wrapped a towel around her body and dried quickly as she saw the sun beginning to sink slowly indicating the end of the day. Once dry she pulled a brush through her damp hair and began to dress frowning slightly as the skirt fit slightly more snug than she could remember, and frowning even more still as it happened to be the same case with her shirt. They still fit, but they were tighter than she recalled. Turning sideways she looked at her reflection and blinked as she could see supple changes in her body. Her stomach was not as slim as it had been a month or so ago and...she blushed at the realization that her bosom seemed to have become more 'ample' as well. Shaking it off she put on the little make up she did wear, eye liner and mascara which made her bright eyes stand out, stepping back she looked at her self again and decided she like the over all result. Walking out she found a pair of heels she liked, strapping them on, the small threads wrapping around her calves and holding the shoes in place. Brushing her hair one last time she looked at her watch and cursed as she realized she was already running late. Grabbing her jacket she rushed out, swiping her card to lock her door, she walked through the building to the small garage and grabbed her keys from the wall hitting the button and smiling as her black Charger beeped back at her. Climbing in she looked down at the paper Marcus had given her earlier that day and pulled out, the drive was short, with them not being allowed to leave very often and with everything that had been happening they were only allowed so much time to them selves and allowed so far from the base. She arrived at the spot Marcus had told her to come to and shut off the engine, stepping out she looked around and smiled as she spotted him. He was dressed, fully, which was a new look for him and it brought a smile to her face. His white short sleeve shirt had been pressed and the black jeans hugged his legs well making a blush come to her cheeks but she giggled softly as she saw his sandals still gracing his feet.
"Marcus?"
He looked back at her, the small hill he sat atop, a blanket under his feet as he stood and walked forward, his eyes widening as he took her in and than smiling as he reached out for her hand, the small gesture making her heart jump. Taking his hand she closed her eyes as the rune came to life on her wrist, images flooding her mind as her emotions went wild. She shook her head and allowed him to lead her to the small blanket where she could see a small dinner for two set up.
"I had no idea you were such a romantic."
"There's a lot about me you don't know."
She smiled as they sat down together to eat, the night being more relaxing than Ali would have thought, as it wound down, he took over driving them back as she sat in the passenger seat, her hand intertwined with his as they took their time getting back to base. She walked with him through the halls, stopping at his door as he opened it. Looking back at her he gave her his small smile making her heart jump into her throat as she felt a familiar heat begin to pool in the pit of her stomach...it shocked her, she was sure she would never feel this towards another man other than.... She stopped her self from going further. She closed her eyes as he stepped forward and brushed his lips against her's the small touch sending shivers down her spine as more of his memories erupted in her own consciousness, a sudden need to feel his hands on her skin flowing through her. Throwing her arms around his neck she pushed him back into his room as she deepened the kiss, her fingers working swiftly on the buttons of his shirt, as soon as her fingers touched his skin his own runes began to glow faintly, and he gasped as he felt her feelings rush through him fueling his own need for the woman as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her against him, his door sliding shut on it's own he struggled to swipe his card again to lock it. Hearing the small beep he dropped the card and returned all his attention to Ali with a vigor. She let out a sigh as he used his nose to push her chin up, tilting her head back as his lips found her neck, the runes on his body pulsing now with his heart beat as well as the small one on Ali's wrist. Each pulse sending a wave of emotion through them. Ali gasped as his teeth grazed her collar bone, the open shoulder giving him more than an ample amount of skin to taste as he feasted on her creamy, pale skin. Bringing his head back up he grunted as she ripped the shirt from him, the buttons of the white shirt flying across the room to bounce off the walls, her soft hands slowly tracing the runes on his chest, as well as the muscles under his skin as well. She watched as he closed his eyes and lost himself in the feeling, the passion growing between the two of them til Ali was sure they would combust. Over the coarse of the month Ali could remember them giving in more and more to the feelings that filtered between them, each time getting dangerously close to a point there was no going back from. Ali gasped, a surprised yelp coming from her as Marcus lifted her off the floor, his hands resting on her thighs, she wrapped her legs around him instinctively as he carried her to the bed, the same bed she had slept in so many times over this lonely period, his presence calming her and helping her sleep. Each time waking up to see him looking down at her with a soft smile and greeting her with a gently kiss as she came from her dreams. Even at times like this, when passion was what pushed them he was always gentle, his warm hands gliding over her skin. His soft touches and sweet words making her want nothing more than to give herself to him, but never able to cross that threshold. This time, something was different, he was still gentle, still handling her as if she would break any moment, but she could feel his need for her, feel his urgency through the runes as he could feel her's as well.
She was snapped from her inner thoughts as she felt her back hit the mattress, her hair falling about her in a red halo as she looked up at him, her cheeks flushed and her breathing rapid, her eyes slid closed as his hand began to slid up and down her leg, feeling the soft, smooth skin of her bare flesh til his fingers met the ribbons of her shoes, pulling them loose she heard them thump to the floor and locked her ankles behind his back pulling his body down to her's, the motion earning a soft moan from both of them as she struggled to get the remains of the shirt from his body letting out a small growl of appreciation as it dropped to the floor allowing her to feel his skin, his name falling from her lips as she looked up at him, breathing heavily, her skin already flushed and heated as the runes relayed the silent message from her to him, she only prayed he understood. The troubles of the day momentarily forgotten as she looked into his eyes.[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[b]OOC: This will be a post that happened back in Pocket's Dream World. Pocket is just reflecting on this, so she is still available for whatever.

IC:[/b]

It had been a long time since the 'vacation' that the Alpha Team had taken. It was supposed to be a secret retreat to get Pocket's friend and teammate Ali together with Demitri. The whole thing worked out to be the complete opposite of what they were trying to achieve if anything. A lot of different things happened to everyone too, during that so called vacation. Even she had gone through some changes. And she was the one member on their team who never changed. Now, she only let Team Alpha and her higher ups call her Pocket. She was Calypso to everyone else, even though she used to hate that name in the past.

Pocket picked at her hair in the mirror, noticing the stark contrast in the shades of black and red. If anyone asked her, she just told them she dyed it. The truth was though, it changed without her consent or her control. She thought back to that terrible day when she fell into that short coma...

[color="#FFA500"]Pocket looked around, confused. She remembered asking Marcus for help with her strange dreams...No, they weren't dreams. They were real. She was sure of it. After that though, she wasn't sure what had happened. She looked up at the sky and thought she was going crazy. Two suns. There were two suns. Two suns.

Looking around, she noticed that the air was still as well. Like wind never existed. On top of that, there were ruins everywhere. Looking down, Pocket noticed one last surprise. Her hands were translucent. She looked through them and at the scenery and noticed her whole body was that way. She felt like a ghost but she knew the truth of what was happening. [i]She was in her dream world.[/i]

The area wasn't familiar to her, so she decided to explore. Usually she visited a completely different part of this world when she slept. She walked past endless ruined pillars and what looked like they might have been statues at some point.

Hours turned into days and days turned into months and years as Pocket explored but never got tired. She walked the ocean bottom and saw lots of strange creatures, she explored a ruined stone building and found people or things fighting each other, but she felt a pull towards this one long tower that was always on the horizon no matter where she moved to. Finally, she decided to try something. She reached out a foot and took a long step in the direction of the tower. The perspective changed and the small tower wasn't small anymore. It was larger than she was now and she was in front of it. She had forgotten that rules and reality didn't seem to work the same in this place. She found her way up the tower and at the top, what she saw surprised her more than anything else in this place.

What she saw was herself, wearing nothing but chains and hanging by her arms above the ground. Some extremely tall figures wearing dark robes and masked marched back and forth in front of her, adding more and more chains to her hanging body. She remembered seeing the figures outside when she had explored. They were taller than anything outside and marched around not noticing her. At one time, when it was dark, they marched and carried what looked like the moon through the sky.

Pocket decided to get out of the tower and fast. She ran through some plains with jagged rocks that looked like they had fallen from the sky. Thinking she heard a voice, Pocket looked behind her and bumped into something and fell down. Even though she was translucent she still had substance. She looked up with tears in her eyes, finally seeing a familiar face.

[b]"Marcus!"[/b] She shouted and the earth quaked.

He put a finger to his mouth but smiled as well. With a whisper that seemed to slow down the time in that strange world, Pocket explained what she saw in the tower. Marcus just nodded.

[b]"Follow me."[/b] He whispered back.

Pocket followed the tattooed man but was stopped short by her own voice.

[b]"I can't let you in that tower, Marcus."[/b]

Marcus looked back at Pocket, but she shook her head. It wasn't her that had said those words.

Day changed to night and a figure stepped out from behind the moon and walked closer and closer to them or grew larger and larger. Pocket couldn't tell whixch in this world.

[b]"I won't let you in that tower, Marcus."[/b] The figure said, standing in front of them while holding some strange bladed weapons.

Pocket could just stand there with her mouth open. The figure challenging Marcus was another her. Except this one had dark black hair.

[b]"You can call me Calypso. I am everything you are afraid to be and everything you want to be."[/b] She said, turning to Pocket.

Pocket, though unarmed, rushed at Calypso. She punched at the girl but her hands went right through the girl's head.

[b]"You can't harm yourself. It's useless. This is between me and Marcus."[/b] Calypso smiled once again.

She charged at Marcus and he readied himself for her attack as his runes glowed. He spoke in a language that Pocket only heard in her dreams, but she knew it was not because of the dream world that he was speaking in such a way. it was a chant. Calypso flew back and they fought for what seemed like years. Pocket wished she could do something to help. She felt so powerless.

[b][i]"The tower...The tower!"[/i][/b] She thought to herself, looking at the tower.

Pocket ran off, apologizing to Marcus in her mind and hoping for his safety. Soon, she reached the tower once more. The dark figures stopped their march and looked at her. They carried her to inside the room and brought her to the Body. Soon, the chains came untied and they lowered the Body gently down to Pocket. The Body still slept but Pocket was able to touch it. She hugged it to herself and cried.

[i][b]"I accept you Calypso. I accept this place. I accept my powers. I accept...everything."[/b][/i] With this thought, a shining light filled the whole world. It filled the inside and outside of the tower. It filled Marcus' and Calypso's fight, it filled every inch of the dream world as Pocket woke up.[/color]

Thanks to Marcus' help that day, Pocket woke up out of her coma. With a new hairstyle and new powers. She closed her eyes in front of the mirror and with a thought brought out a dagger with many blades. Then, it disappeared. She had a lot to learn about her new power, but with Marcus on the team to help her, she wasn't afraid to use it. She wasn't afraid of Calypso or that name anymore either. Or her weaknesses or desires. She was a new person now.

Pocket left her room, someone called her by Calypso but she ignored them. She just smiled at the name and walked off down the hall.