Kei

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1303138519' post='706672']
Well then I think that its to late for me to redo my team anyway, all six of the are at level 60 already.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Coughs awkwardly*

The level cap was 50 Lawliet. >_>[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1303201418' post='706678']

[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Actually, milord, we revised it a bit. The initial idea was 50, but we extended the cap to 60 because many of the newly-introduced Generation V pokemon (and a couple of the Pseudo-Legendaries of past generations) evolve at absurdly high levels. With these provisions, the only Pokemon that can be fully excluded is Hydreigon, which reaches its highest evolutionary state at a whopping level 64.

In any case, GameFreak is weird and we're trying to accommodate that as best we can.[/font]

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1303201418' post='706678']

[/quote]

I was really sad when I read this. I thought that I imagined reading that the level cap was raised. There is no way I am going to rebreed and reraise another team because of 10 levels. Is anyone else done, I would kinda like to play test my team and see if i need to switch their moves. I decided against adding a legendary in place of Phione. I like it to much and the ice dude isn't using one so I won't either.

My laptop has started doing this weird thing where the cursor disappears and reappears a few seconds later cutting out the some of my words. I already struggle with grammar and spelling enough without my computer trying to sabotage me!

I have just realised that the start date is going to be the weekend I'm at the London MCM Expo (the UK's only major anime expo), so if its okay with Commander Kei I can do battles with anyone who is ready. I'm In Las Vegas from April 30th - May 11th so any other dates are good for me!

A lot of types have been crossed off the list since the last time I looked at it, I'm excited. I totally beat Cynthia with my team today since I couldn't find anyone to play against except my friend who's the biggest jerk in existence (he used a team of only Grass and Electric types to stomp me).

Also I'm jealous of White's banner. I never really cared enough to get an avatar/banner but I think I might post in the art thread later and see if I can't get one.

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1303864691' post='706878']
Also I'm jealous of White's banner. I never really cared enough to get an avatar/banner but I think I might post in the art thread later and see if I can't get one.
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]I'd be more than happy to make anyone in the tournament a similar banner of their team and trainer. Just drop me a PM with your Pokemon (and any particular order you want them in and make sure to mention if any of them are shiny), your trainer sprite and any colour alterations you want (try to stay away from iconic trainers and gym leaders) as well as what name you want on the banner (either your trainer or OB name). ^_^

A good place to pick a trainer sprite is [url=http://kyogremaster.deviantart.com/art/All-Pokemon-Trainer-Sprites-137787432][color="#00BFFF"]here[/color][/url]. It's every single trainer sprite in one picture.
[/font][/color]

I hope I'm not late but I would like to join and choose poison type, if it available. o~o sorry >_<

My team o~o

1. Nidoqueen
2. Muk
3. Seviper
4. Scolipede
5. Garbordor
6. Amoonguss

Friend Code: 0346 9718 0202 Edited by Lilly

[quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1303763125' post='706837']
I have just realised that the start date is going to be the weekend I'm at the London MCM Expo (the UK's only major anime expo), so if its okay with Commander Kei I can do battles with anyone who is ready.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]What's actually going to happen is that there's going to be a match-up listing posted and I'll just have everyone PM me their results when the battles are done. I don't expect everyone to complete their battles [i]on [/i]that date, per se, but that's when I would like them to officially start. All that being said, your particular match can wait until you return from your convention. As for now, since the sign-ups for the tournament haven't even closed yet, please hold off on official tournament battles. Thanks. ^ ^[/color][/font]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1303945032' post='706903']
Sooo What happens if not all the Types are selected?
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Then we don't have participants wielding that type. =p

A round-robin tournament makes it so that it doesn't really matter if there's an even or odd number of participants, which is why I'm glad it was brought to my attention. Whether or not all the type slots are filled out has no bearing on whether the tournament will be able to progress or not.[/color][/font]

I am sure it could still work, its just certain types seem to have a better chance of winning when the type that is super effective against them isn't there (I am getting away with a lot if no one picks fighting or rock type), Its not like anyone here is gonna be upset over losing, but I figured I would bring it up.

I've had semesters like that, but this one wasn't one of them. I have lots and lots of free time that I used breeding and raising my team. Now I'm pretty much waiting for the start date before I even bother turning my DS on again.

[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"][quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1304069864' post='706932']
I've had semesters like that, but this one wasn't one of them. I have lots and lots of free time that I used breeding and raising my team. Now I'm pretty much waiting for the start date before I even bother turning my DS on again.
[/quote]
You would make you're own banner after I offered to make them. v.v NOW I HAVE TO GO MAKE MINE COOLER THAN YOURS. /nerdrage[/color][/font]

[quote name='White' timestamp='1304101204' post='706936']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]
You would make you're own banner after I offered to make them. v.v NOW I HAVE TO GO MAKE MINE COOLER THAN YOURS. /nerdrage[/color][/font]
[/quote]

But but but, I didn't make this! My rl friend made it for me. I think her Otakuboards user name is SakuraAsuka... or something.

It's kind of wrong because I think some of my dudes are going to change before the start date. I didn't realize that it's so far away and you can't not use a Gyrados if you are a water trainer. If there was someone else that was done with their team I could for reals see which one of my dudes sucks the most so I can replace them, but I guess most of you have lives and I sadly do not. Edited by Lawliet

[/quote]
Want me to make yours cooler?
d:

[/quote]

/Cheeky: umm can i haz cool banner? :D

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1304291334' post='707006']
Mine's still better! Also... you are probably going to beat me Mr. White :(
[/quote]
I do still like yours better. XD

But I like the one I made for Morbo (which you should see soon) much more. ^^[/font][/color]

I don't know if anyone else has posted something similar but i had an idea. and of course i dont expect it to be implemented and i haven't thought about thoroughly but roughly this is what i was thinking, maybe u guys can improve upon it.

whoever wins this tournament will be known as the champion right well what if the winner is then allowed to make a team of whichever pokemon they choose i.e. like champions in the games and the 4 runner ups become the elite four. the elite four will have a bye to which ever round i.e. quarter finals or whatever and the champion having a bye to the finals for the next tournament and if someone beats them they take there corresponding spot amongst the elite four or becomes champ. This will make the champion really hard to beat maybe impossible but i think it would be fun and very gratifying for whoever is named champion. adds a little gusto

[font="Century Gothic"]All right, folks. Sign-ups have officially closed. All Trainers please keep in mind that final rosters and Friend Codes must be posted by [b][color="#8b0000"]this Saturday, May 14[/color][/b], or they will face disqualification.

Thank again for signing up. :D
[/font]