Jump to content

Paranormal Experiences

Inuyasha Fandom

Recommended Posts

Experiences with ghost, demons, or the supernatural in general can be unnerving, but that doesn't stop us from sharing those experiences and even seeking out other areas with the paranormal causing strange events. That is the purpose of this thread.

This is where you can share your tales.

My first tale actually concerns the Bartonville Insane Asylum, located in Illinois. I have personally been there, as it wasn't very far from my hometown. I have never actually been inside the building, though I didn't need to go in. The asylum complex has diminished over the years to one abandoned and boarded up building and the asylum graveyard. Only the first floor has been boarded up. All of the other buildings were either torn down or remodeled into other businesses. A creek runs through the property, and human remains have been found in it.

From what I can gather outside of my own experiences, voices have been heard around the creek, ranging from calm conversation to panicked screams. The old oak tree in the asylum's graveyard seems to have the sounds of a man (known to be a former patient) crying eminating from it on occasion. Glowing eyes have been seen as well ranging in a variety of colors. In the Asylum itself, the sounds of the lobotomy equipment can be heard, though the machinery itself has been gone since the place closed. There are also several rooms bricked up, supposedly because of the grisly things that happened inside them. Still others claim they were bricked up with patients still inside. Under the Asylum, there are miles and miles of tunnels, and all of it is scribbled with graffitti, some of which is written in the blood of patients who managed to escape into them. The straps of the beds they were bound to would rub their wrists and ankles raw and bloody.

Of my own experiences with this very creepy place, there was a sense of something watching me, even when outside. I've seen yellow eyes staring at me from inside the cemetery, and I've seen light shining off of windows that aren't there anymore. It's a very disturbing place, and one I don't plan on venturing near anytime soon.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]I've had a couple in my day actually, and creepy as it sounds both involve my oldest son. The first one was not long after I had just brought him home from the hospital. I was laying in bed and had woken up to him fussing. As I sat up in bed I noticed what seemed to be a figure standing over his crib. It was nonthreatening in appearance and manner. I remember that as I was sitting up in bed thinking I was just imagining things and that I needed to go up stairs and get him a bottle, I reached over and flipped on my lamp to see a freshly made bottle, warm, waiting for me on my bed side table. My grandfather had passed away some years before this incident and the room my son and I were sleeping in had at one time been his. I, to this day believe it was him looking out for his great grandson. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]My second experience was when my father, my son and I were dropping my sister in law off back in Georgia with her family. I can't recall the name of the town we met in but I will never forget the creepy fact that this town was located in the middle of a pentagram that was made by all the graveyards of the town connecting. Again, this dealt with my son, as we entered the town I noticed that my son started acting strangely. He was around one at the time, he gave me his indications that his stomach hurt and that he wasn't feeling well. Reaching into his diaper bag I pulled out my emergency go to pack and retrieved his thermometer. Taking his temp as I took in him appearance, pale skinned, and sweating slightly with flushed cheeks I was shocked and terrified at finding out he had gained a temp of 103.4 in just 30 minutes. Bringing this to my father attention we quickly said our goodbyes, bought him a small bottle of Gatorade and made our way out of the township. As soon as we passed out of the town line and onto the highway headed home his fever dropped, gone in almost 5 minutes and all his symptoms were gone. By the time we got back home he was the same hyper kid he had been that morning before we had left. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]The last one, still dealing with my oldest, was a few years later. We were living with his father and as my ex husband and I lay in bed one night we could hear our son talking very clearly with someone named Sam. Thinking that he had just named one of his toys this and was keeping him self busy I lay awake long after my ex had fallen asleep until I no longer heard my son talking and then proceeded to get some rest my self. The next morning as I got up and retrieved my son from his room I noticed that none of his toys had been moved, and his blinds were now down over his window. Knowing he could never reach the line since I had it wrapped around the blind to keep it in the up position after hearing stories of kids his age strangling them selves with the pull lines of these things I made sure to keep it well out of his reach. But as I approached his blinds I noticed that the strings was still wrapped around his blinds very tightly. Shaking it off I unwrapped the string pulled his blind back into place and secured it as I had previously done. Going about my day as usual, cleaning house and making sure everything was taken care as a military wife and an at home mother it came time to go do the shopping. Getting my son and I dressed I headed for the door seeing the dog pacing anxiously by the door as well. Telling her she couldn't come this time I left. About an hour later I pulled into the drive way and noticed that the blinds down stairs seemed to have been torn to shreds and the blinds in my sons room(he had the room facing the front) were down again. Letting out a curse my only thought was that the dog had pulled a hissy fit and went on a rampage. Walking into the house the first thing I noticed was in fact the dog. She acted neither scared or guilty about the blinds. Shaking it off once again I cleaned up the mess, fixed the blinds through out the house and got the groceries in and started on dinner. Bringing it up to my ex that night he told me not to worry about it, that it was nothing. But mothers intuition wouldn't let it go so I waited that night to see if my son would start talking to 'Sam' again, and sure enough, close to 3 that morning I heard my son stir in his room and begin to talk to Sam. Waking up my ex I told him something wasn't right and we both went in to his room to see what was going on. I clearly remember asking my son who he was talking to, after noticing that his blinds were DOWN yet again, and he pointed to the corner of his room and told me he was talking to the nice man in the corner named Sam. The next week we moved out of the house and into a larger one due to the fact I was pregnant and we needed more room. 2 weeks later the condemned the house we had just moved out of due to faulty wires and bursting water pipes in the house.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]I've had several smaller incidents, but these 3 will always give me the creeps. [/color][/font]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my personal experiences with homes and ghosts was in my actual first house after I was born until I was about six years old. Much of what I remember is because of that my mother told me many years later, paired with a few actual memories. The house was a gift to my mother, from my grandfather. He owned several properties, and this one he'd gotten recently dirt cheap. He'd owned the house for a couple months and then surprised her with it. However, the house had once played home to a family whose preteen daughter went missing a good fifty years prior to my grandfather purchasing the home. Well, it seems the parents had the garage added to the house, and then a couple years later the husband and wife moved.

Well, in we move. I can remember the lights flickering on and off, and anything electronic turning on and off or suddenly the setting on them adjusts to something else. In the basement there was always this sense of dread. A wall that faced the garage in the basement always developed a weird stain no matter how many times it was scrubbed clean. The garage was practically a jungle gym the floor was so uneven. We replaced the garage floor twice, due to the way it would fracture. Some pieces would raise, and some would drop. And to ridiculous highs and lows. If only we'd dug deeper at the time when we repaved the garage.

After we moved out of the house because of the weird stuff and it was sold, a couple years down the line they finally dug deeper in the garage to repave the floor. And lo and behold, the missing girl was buried there. The house no longer has weird things happening. Her parents have long since passed from this world, and now she has, too. And to a far better place than they.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, so just recently my house has been acting haunted.

For the past week, it's been trying to set itself on fire in a variety of ways. (Ex. electric cords going crazy and popping, smoke detectors going nuts, microwave peels back its own paint and sparks, etc.)
And just recently I took home a robotic baby for my Intro to Nursing course and everything went to hell. At 2:22 a.m. the baby woke up and I was rocking it when all the sudden the speaker on the baby starts spitting out static and garbled stuff. Then, everything that was hanging on my walls JUMPED off and onto the floor. One of my mirrors broke and I didn't sleep for the rest of the night. Later I checked around the house and nothing else was knocked out of place or anything. I figured it could have been a small earthquake or something, but I guess not.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's freaky.

My next tale involves another home in Peoria, Illinois. This particular home was located next to Papa John's near Bradley University. This two floor home with a basement and attic had something very, very evil lurking within its walls. It was a beautiful home with hardwood floors and elegantly carved wooden accents. The basement however was a bit unnerving. A satanic pentagram had been drawn on one of the walls, in what looked like blood. There was also a lot of weird stains down in the basement around the drains. We painted over all of it, but the stains and the pentagram just bleed through and would not go away. The house had weird shadows that didn't belong to anyone move around it, floating, glowing red eyes would appear and disappear, and it sometimes poltergeist activity would happen. Things would be picked up by something invisible and chucked across rooms at people.

The house has since been torn down, but the activities haven't stopped. I've heard that the parking lot the house was leveled for has had several weird incidents of people's cars getting keyed, but the security cameras on the lot never saw anything.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[b] [url="http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/axelsdiary/view/289353/ye_olde_axel%27s_ghost_story/"]Ye Olde Axel's Ghost Story[/url][/b]

My family moved into the house on the corner of Wood Street in 1987.

Ever since the move to this new house, my family experienced odd things. My sister would complain of 'people' sitting on the edge of her bed during the night, my father was followed by a hooded figure and my mother had personal items vanish.

Over the years, the activity became more and more intense. In 1995 my father moved out and went to live elsewhere, but we (My mother, sister and brother) stayed in the house.

My sister complained of activity in the house when we were out. Banging and scraping from the kitchen, items being shuffled, plates clattered. She got so scared at times that she would run into my mother's bedroom and sleep in there.

The stairs and landing area always held some nasty element to it and on the whole the entire family hated it. If we had to turn off the light in the hall, we'd run out and run back in. If we had to turn off the landing light at night, we'd do the same. We'd run out of the bedroom and quickly turn it off, only to hurl ourselves back into bed as fast as we could. And heaven forbid we needed the toilet during the night.

My sister eventually moved out and got married and so did my brother. This left myself and my mother alone in the house. My mother got a job not long after, so I would often be on my own from 5AM to 12PM. It was then I began to really notice things.

One morning, I had decided that instead of staying awake from 5AM, I would get some more rest. I settled back down into bed and closed my eyes. The next thing I knew, I heard a banging sound followed by hurried footsteps coming up the stairs. The thing was, I knew it was our stairs, as they had a unique and distinct squeak to them. The top step would creak and the next two steps up would make a lighter squeak then a thud. It was definitely them. I thought Mom had come back due to forgetting something. Like keys, or her purse. But there was silence. We had had a break in a couple of years previous, so I was naturally on edge. It was actually my first thought, so I grabbed my phone and called my mother who was almost at work. I was on the phone when I heard the exact same footsteps again. I have no idea how I did it, but I got back to sleep about half an hour later.

A couple of years passed where nothing much happened. Just the odd thing. Like items vanishing and reappearing, noises from the attic. Then we started noticing it again.

My mother and myself went to the shops one day to pick up a snack from the local deli. When we returned, there was dripping coming from the ceiling just above the back door. We could hear whooshing from the pipes too. We bolted upstairs to find the bathroom taps fully on and the plug in. The bathroom was flooded. To this day, we have no idea what the hell happened there.

This happened again about 2 years after when we returned from an outing with my brother. This time, the plug was not in thankfully.
It was from that point it began to get more and more frequent. I would see things at night that I couldn't explain. I first put it down to lucid dreaming, but I was not the only one seeing them. I would see strange insect-like creatures crawling up the curtains and on the ceiling. I'd stare at them and they would vanish after about 15 seconds. There was one time that I was not sleepy and I was looking out the bedroom window at the street. It was about 1AM at the time and I saw something very strange on the hedge that surrounded the house. The only way to describe it was a spider. But it had ridiculously long legs and it was gliding effortlessly across the top of the hedge. My fiance also saw this for himself back in 2009!

Other things I would see were a man in my room. He would be half way through the floor of the room. (The stairs were directly under my room.) Sometimes I would open my eyes and see a face looking back at me in close proximity, only to fade in a second or two. I admit, that was very unwelcome.

The last few years of living in the house had more physical things happen. Objects would be thrown across the room, things would stop working, or randomly activate by themselves (IE: My laptop. Which, by the way, does not do it anymore now I live elsewhere.) and we (My mother and myself) would have our covers pulled from us when in bed. I remember one night literally having to battle to keep the cover on me. There were also random and vile smells. Almost like rotting meat. Thankfully, this only happened once and only lasted 3 weeks or so.

My fiance moved in with me in the house not long before we moved out. He was the type that didn't believe in ghosts. He had been taught from an early age that when you die, that is it. My mother began to date again and was out of the house frequently, leaving myself and my fiance alone. We decided to clean the house up a little, as we wanted to make my mother feel happier. (She had been suffering from severe depression.) I don't think it was approved of, as things kept going wrong. The vacuum would randomly overheat (Even though in this new house it never has!), things would fall on us, items would vanish, I even had the unit of our old computer literally fling out from under the desk and hit me square on my shin, even though there was no way it could have. I also had the vacuum cleaner itself chucked at me. We could also hear loud thumps from inside the wardrobe as if someone was punching it from inside. We'd joke and say 'oi, enough of that.' Probably not the best of ideas...

Another thing we noted was that when the door to my brother's old room (Which had been used for storage over the previous few years) was left open, the toilet light would turn itself on. We would be out during the day, return at night and it would be on. Or we'd wake up in the morning and it would be on. But, it didn't happen when the door was shut.

One day, I recall the door being left open and I saw a stack of my drawings get lifted and flipped through right in front of my eyes. This was in the dead of winter with no doors or windows open. Needless to say, I was not impressed and slept with the covers over my head that night.

One night, my fiance was upstairs shaving while I was amusing myself playing a Facebook game. It was midnight, so naturally I was hungry. (I always get hungry for some reason after midnight.) So, I went to the kitchen and started making myself a snack. I was addicted to omelette and cheese bagels at the time, so I started making one. After it had finished cooking, I took it into the living room and continued messing about on the game I was playing. I had almost finished it when I heard Lee shout from on the landing. (We had no bathroom light at that time, as the bulb had gone and we couldn't get the light cover off to replace it, so Lee was having to use a mirror on the landing.) I went up to see what he wanted and he said that he had seen a man in the mirror looking back at him. I was naturally confused, but my gut did flip flops. I asked what kind of man and he said it was a short, bald man. He even said that he stared at him and could see him out of the corner of his eye looking over his shoulder as if it was a real person present. I admit, I was a touch unnerved. The door to my mother's room (Which we had taken as our own by that point) was open a little way and for some reason I daren't look in. I also felt a horrible cold feeling that felt as if it wrapped around my ankles. I didn't want to stay up there at all. I went downstairs and called my mother up to see if there was anyone in the family who had died that fit the description. She said there was none. I rang off, tried to shrug it off and finished the last bit of my bagel... Only for my fiance to shout again. He came running down the stairs with foam still on his face saying that he'd seen him again, only this time it was as if he was screaming at him but he couldn't hear any sound. It had freaked him out and he was incredibly uncomfortable. I said for him to finish shaving quickly and come down. Reluctantly, he went back up and tried to shave... But, for some reason the razor was not cutting anymore no matter how hard he pressed. Also, the cold tap was chugging out scalding hot water which burned his hand. During this time, I had gotten onto my mother again and told her he had seen this man again in the mirror. While I was on the phone I could hear odd noises coming from upstairs. My fiance finished shaving and ran downstairs again, only to pause and stare into the kitchen with an absolutely horrified look on his face. I stopped talking to Mom to ask him what was wrong. He said that he had seen the man again outside the kitchen window walking past with an unearthly grin on his face and his was very skinny and looked like he had no arm on one side. I told him to get into the living room and while I was still talking to my mother I could hear loud footsteps coming from above me. (My mother's old room.)

My bones were also cold and the atmosphere was horrific. She suggested I get in touch with my brother so I could stay the night at his, but while she was talking I felt the atmosphere lift suddenly. It was instantly warmer again and I felt oddly happy. I actually mentioned it to her, as it was so sudden and drastic. But, then it dropped again. The feeling of dread and the cold returned and it felt as if something was circling us. I got off the phone with her and called my brother. In a state of panic I explained what was happening and the fact that we just couldn't stay in the house. We ended up at his that night sleeping in his living room. And now my fiance is more open minded about the paranormal...

The house was never right from the start. I would love to know just what was going on there, but I guess I will never truly know.
The day we moved out was interesting too. During the move, my mother had experienced a couple of little things while alone. (IE: A piece of paper scooting across the bedroom floor.) But, it was when the house was totally empty and the power had been turned off... Myself and my brother's Mrs went to check the rooms to be sure we hadn't left anything. All was well and clear... Then we got to my brother's old room. We opened the door was were hit in the face by the most intense cold breeze. It was bone chilling. It made our eyes water! We turned to each other, nodded and said that it was fine and we should go. We legged it down the stairs, said goodbye to the house and left to live in the new house we are in now.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow... I've never been through anything like that. It must have been scary more often than you would have liked. Or anyone would have for that matter.

My next story involves my new home, the Champaign/Urbana area in Illinois. The Urbana High School is haunted supposedly. I'm not a high school student, so I can't get inside the building without being looked at like a perv or some such nonsense, and I very much would like to avoid jail time.

From what I hear the top (fourth) floor is cordoned off from the rest of the school because of the weird happenings. A piano still on the floor is said to play itself, and usually it's a recognizable 'Moonlight Sonata'. Also, the paint in the halls of that floor is said to peel off within a week of being painted. My personal experience with the school is casual. The bell tower that used to house a bell had a weird floating blueish white light bobbing around it, and I know that the tower was sealed off from not just the fourth floor but the rest of the school as well. Edited by Inuyasha Fandom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...