Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
subject: Custody Battle...

Alright, this is some serious s**t, so stick with me... And Sorry, but I'm not using names...

Awhile back, you may remember the topic I made about my 'Step-father' cheating on my Mother. Well, my worst fear has come true. He's trying to get custody of my baby brother. His reason? He thinks I'm dangerous. That's right, little old me. The one who doesn't want to try anything too 'extreme', the one who likes 'safe' activities... The one who would rather take time to open a door and coax a fly out, rather then swat it.

He's taken a whole lot of Minor things that i've done, and blown them up so far out of proportion, you wouldn't even think they're related issues. He's mentioned the times I shouted at him, and told him to 'get the f**k out of my house, you worthless pile of s**t', but forgot to mention that it was a few days after I found out he had been cheating on my Mother. Apparently I'm 6'0", and weigh 12-13 stone, and I'm physically intimidating. I'm like, 5'8" (if that), and weigh more like 9-10 stone. He's even lieing about my size and height.

I can't believe he's trying to get custody. This is coming from the same man who when my Mother asked; "Do you want me to drop of for awhile on Thursday so you can spend time with him?" he replied; "I'll think about it."
I can't believe that. He said he'd 'think about' seeing his baby son. People like him make me sick.

But the point remains. He's trying to get custody of my baby bro... I love my brother. I don't want him being taken away from us... There's no way will win, though. His lies aren't going to get him anywhere... He doesn't even have a house of his own.

But still... A court battle... My mother wants to counter his custody order, and get a restraining order so he can't come around here... Thank God...

But still, even though there's no way we can lose the battle... I'm scared. I have to go into court and everything, on Feb. 5th... I'm just really scared, and alone.

Gawd... This is life changing... Wish me luck..
Posted
when something like this occurs, there really is no right thing to say for any of us, so I'll just say good luck to you, my friend, and I am sure that your little brother won't be taken away from you, with all the cards stacked against your step father, there really is nothing that he can really do....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]when something like this occurs, there really is no right thing to say for any of us, so I'll just say good luck to you, my friend, and I am sure that your little brother won't be taken away from you, with all the cards stacked against your step father, there really is nothing that he can really do.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Seph... I'm just really nervous about going into court... Ack.. And the fact that it's all because of me... Heck.. I wish this had never happened.. Ugh, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.. Not even GTA3 will calm my nerves... *sigh*
Posted
[color=indigo]I'd be nervous too, if I was in your situation. I can't think of anything else to say, except good luck. I'm sure you'll win though.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Thanks Seph... I'm just really nervous about going into court... Ack.. And the fact that it's all because of me... Heck.. I wish this had never happened.. Ugh, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.. Not even GTA3 will calm my nerves... *sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

there is nothing to be worried about when going to court, trust me on this one, I should know, lol, I have been to a few court cases myself, I was slightly nervous the first time round, but there really is nothing to worry about....

gta3 won't calm your nerves?! erm, well, how about just going on a shooting spree, and try beating my score of getting about 5000 bucks, its impossible, I tell you! bwahaha....
Posted
Wow that kind of thing would be scary, but you're the man of the house now, no matter how old you are. You need to be tough, mature and smart in situations like these. I've never been in one, and I don't know what else to say...except stay confident and keep cool

Good Luck...I hope everything goes your way, as i'm sure it will.

Your step-father has nothing on you, if he is creating lies and exagerations

Lots-A-Luv:)
Posted
Wow dude, I thought I had problems with my step-father! I'll pray for you, man, I know how it is! My mom was in this same situation with me and my dad. She won though, on account of being a lady. So I had to stay with her. Good luck, man! I'll say a few 'Hail Marys: for you!
Posted
woah, thats some harsh shiiiit with your step dad, you shouldn't worry though, you will win, he doesn't seem to have much going on in his favour
and don't worry about the court thing, you'll do fine, just relax, there's nothing to worry about, I've been to quite a few court hearings myself, once with moe!
Posted
[COLOR=blue] All I can tell you is good luck b/c you Step-f just wants to hurt you all by getting custody and that's it....But I hope the courts don't let him!!!
And trust me I know what you're kinde going through because my b/f may go through something like that very soon and I plan on keeping his back..but its odd the opposite is going on!!!!
But good luck anyways!!!![/COLOR]
Posted
I wish you luck, and hope your brother will stay with you.
my step grandad is sorta going through the same thing except he's the one his family want custody over, they say something about him being too old to look after himself and stuff but all they want is his money so were all telling mum to get custody over him coz they're good friends.
Posted
I hope you and your brother will be together, brothers for life.I've never been to court myself so I'll be nervous too anyways best of luck Flash.;)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Thanks Seph... I'm just really nervous about going into court... Ack.. And the fact that it's all because of me... Heck.. I wish this had never happened.. Ugh, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.. Not even GTA3 will calm my nerves... *sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

good luck flash, and i just have to say, that it's not your fault. it sounds like this step-dad is just using any excuse to try to hurt your mom and the rest of your family. if he hadn't thought of lying about you, he would have found something else that (if it were true) would get him custody. but he made a very serious mistake in lying about your phsical build - as soon as you walk into the courtroom and you're not as big as he claims, the judge is going to know right off how big a fake he is.

again, best of luck. :)
Posted
[color=indigo]Well I've never been to court before so I don't know what it's like. But I don't think your step-dad will win 'cause he made the mistake of lying. So... Good luck and try to get some sleep![/color]
Posted
Good luck. I doubt very much that your step-dad will get the boy. It doesn't seem as though he has much to back him up. Oh, and in court, be sure to make the man look like the idiot he is.

-Justin
Posted
Well, now my 'step-father', or as we prefer to refer to him around here, 'The pile of sh*t', or 'The senile old bastard', is now trying to get $10k off of my Mum as well...

...But every cloud has a silver lining. We're counter-sueing... Or whatever the hell it's called... Anyway, leave the bum pennyless, that's what I say... Another good thing is that my mother has; 2 Lawyer friends, another Lawyer friend who specialises in Child custody, a friend in Child support, and a friend in social/family welfare!! The old git is screwed!!

Praise the lord, and pass the ammunition!
-Flash
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Praise the lord, and pass the ammunition!
-Flash [/B][/QUOTE]

thaats gonna cost ya, lol....

glad to see your mother has such good contacts, he's definately screwed now, heh....
Posted
he's six feet down and just keeps on digging, doesn't he? :smirk: take every thing he has, he's just trying to hurt you guys, therefore, let the justice system come down hard on him. :D
Posted
Well Flash, I've never been in a sutuation like yours before, but I can tell that with all your mums friends your S-F is as good as screwed. :) And Seph, I bet I can beat your score on GTA3! Although I'll have to play it round my mates (My dad moved out in Nov and took half of our money so we're a little low on cash right now! *Sigh* By the time I get a PS2, PS3'll be out! :D)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]when something like this occurs, there really is no right thing to say for any of us, so I'll just say good luck to you, my friend, and I am sure that your little brother won't be taken away from you, with all the cards stacked against your step father, there really is nothing that he can really do.... [/B][/QUOTE]


I totally agree with you Seph. God Luck Flash.

Its not your fault, trust me its not. Dont think it is.
Posted
[COLOR=red]*sigh*

i remember similar things happening between my mum and my "father".

Don't worry. trust me, you'll be fine. I've had to go to court on sevral occasions. It's nothing much... just stick with the truth.

There's almost no way you can lose... even if it does take five years. [/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Good luck. I doubt very much that your step-dad will get the boy. It doesn't seem as though he has much to back him up. Oh, and in court, be sure to make the man look like the idiot he is.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree.

Best of luck to you!
A single person can't tear a family apart that easily.

-blbsrrules

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...