OtakuBoards

The No: 1 Nintendo Game of All Time

Liquidus_Snake

Which of these, is your all time favorate and you think is number one?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these, is your all time favorate and you think is number one?

• Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    • Earthbound
    • Super Smash Brothers
    • Conkers Bad Fur Day
    • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    • Star Wars 2: Rogue Leader
    • Super Smash Bros. Melee
    • Super Mario World
    • Super Mario 64
    • Paper Mario
    • Final Fantasy II (US Version)
    • Final Fantasy III (US Version)
    • Donkey Kong Country
    • Donkey Kong Country II: Diddys Kong Quest
    • DKC 3: Dixies Triple Trouble
    • Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals
    • Super Metroid
    • Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    • Castlevania: Dracula X

Your list is flawed. A lot of those games aren't Nintendo games. Heck, a lot of the Final Fantasy series has appeared on the PSX. The Star Wars games are property of Lucas Arts too. Also, Castlevania was made from Konami. I wasn't a big fan of Lufia, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't from Nintendo. Anyway, I'd have to say that it's either Super Mario Brothers or The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Both of those titles were revolutionary for their times and helped refine their genres in so many ways.

Too many good games to choose from but I say EarthBound,Paper Mario,Super Mario 64(Best Mario game ever created) and Super Smash Bro. Melee would be on my top favorite list.Out of all 3 I would say I enjoyed Paper Mario the most,one of the bestest RPG game I've ever played.:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KyJaUn~FuLlEr [/i]
[B]SSBM Hands down is the best u have to admit it i mean they like sold a million copies like the 3rd day or sumthing like that and it took like a year for PS2 to sell that much SO it's the best!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Your figures are a bit off. Super Smash Brothers Melee is indeed a tremendous success. It sold 250,000 copies in nine days. I highly doubt that there are even 6.5 million GameCubes sold, which is the number of Playstation 2's sold. Therefore, your information is totally false...

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yea it was a month when it broke the 1 million copy barrier... but yes the month is faster than the first PS2 game did... but nintendo forced it w/ lack of N64 games lately... where as sony still had PSX games going[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]My top five from that list:

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Super Mario World
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee
5. Final Fantasy III

I can't wait for Feb. 11, when Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 is coming out![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
:eek: :eek: W00T?! Number 2?! Oh my..... *runs and jumps out the window*

Number 2, eh?! Well, I'll be sure to get that one, do you know the release date? :toothy:

[color=indigo]The release date for Australia? No, sorry, I have no idea when it's going to be released, other than in the US.

Btw, there are also two more confirmed Super Mario Advance games! Super Mario Advance 3, (Super Mario Bros. 3) and Super Mario Advance 4: Yoshi's Island. It didn't give release dates for them in the article that I read, though...

I'm going to have to get them all, of course. :)[/color]

[B][color=indigo]The release date for Australia? No, sorry, I have no idea when it's going to be released, other than in the US.

Btw, there are also two more confirmed Super Mario Advance games! Super Mario Advance 3, (Super Mario Bros. 3) and Super Mario Advance 4: Yoshi's Island. It didn't give release dates for them in the article that I read, though...

I'm going to have to get them all, of course. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ooooo, more games. Kewlio..... Do you happen to know if No. 4, will it be like Yoshi's Island on the NES? It'd be kewl if it was..... :)

Anywayz, thanks for the help! I appreciate it! :)

[SIZE=1]It is too early to say how good SSBM is in comparison to other great Nintendo games. I am still busy drooling over its visuals and gameplay...

My favorite Nintendo game is probably either Mario 64 or Link to the Past. Both of these games were incredible for their time and are still fun to play today.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Your figures are a bit off. Super Smash Brothers Melee is indeed a tremendous success. It sold 250,000 copies in nine days. I highly doubt that there are even 6.5 million GameCubes sold, which is the number of Playstation 2's sold. Therefore, your information is totally false... [/B][/QUOTE]

oh SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW I JUST THOUGHT I READ THAT SOMEWEHERE AND I DON'T STUDY GAMES STUFF THINGS OK!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KyJaUn~FuLlEr [/i]
[B]

oh SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW I JUST THOUGHT I READ THAT SOMEWEHERE AND I DON'T STUDY GAMES STUFF THINGS OK!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't take that tone with me mister. I just think that it's unjustified to put up statistics that are so far out of proportion. Quite honestly, if you had put up something even remotely feesible I wouldn't have mentioned the error. However, as it stands, your statistics were skewed. Don't take my correction as a flame. I was only pointing out your mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
Super Metroid for SNES ALL THE WAY!!! That game kicks, i mean, after all these new games are coming out, I kno ppl who are still gettin that game, and cherishing it i might add. It was ranked #1 of all games of all time in EGM's 100 best game list which comes out every 50 issues. I hav to say, this is probably the best game ever to be made 2d. Imagine what the gamecube metroid will be like.

[color=indigo]I have Super Metroid! And I also have the 150 issue of EGM, that has the 100 best games, where it's on top. I have to agree that it's a really cool game.

I'm not sure that I'll like the GCN Metroid, though... The only first person shooter that I've liked was Perfect Dark, and I mainly liked the multi-player in that... Hopefully, there'll be lots of third person gameplay.[/color]

[B][color=indigo]I have Super Metroid! And I also have the 150 issue of EGM, that has the 100 best games, where it's on top. I have to agree that it's a really cool game.

I'm not sure that I'll like the GCN Metroid, though... The only first person shooter that I've liked was Perfect Dark, and I mainly liked the multi-player in that... Hopefully, there'll be lots of third person gameplay.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Ah man! 1st shooter?!?! Well, usually it is good, lik perfect dark lik u said, but for a metroid game, that just ruins it. Speaking of seeing Samus, did u kno that if you beat super metroid in 3 hours, then u will get to see samus without her armor on...in a bikini!!!!...thought u ought to kno...

[color=indigo]Yeah, Metroid Prime is going to be part first person shooter and part third person shooter. I'm hoping that there'll be more third person gameplay, than first person.

Yes, I knew about that. And it's four hours, not three... Three would be impossible.
And if you beat the original Metroid in under two hours, you can play as Samus without her armor, also.[/color]