OtakuBoards

From the begining...Or so

Alexa

[COLOR=crimson]Here is a little quiz I worked up. Its questions about the OB's....before. If you only came here recently, you may get something interesting from here. If you came ages ago, prove you remember something!
[list]
[*] Who was the other Admin? (Name)
[*] There used to be another forum. What was its name?
[*] Someone used to mod for the Digimon forum and isn't there anymore. Who was he/she?
[*] Can someone finish off now? I cant think of any more.
[/list] [/COLOR]:( :toothy:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]1. h, shinji, safer sephiroth, justin, kamazi, vegetto, and gendo are all the admin i can remember thou the 3 last werent REAL admin
2. ABG forums?
3. ASH (angel saturn healer)
4. besides adam who has had there name next to every forum as a moderator?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

1. All the past admins I can remember that were legitimate were Hbomb, Shinji, Safer Sephiroth, & Justin(not me). I was an admin for a short time along with VEGGETO(aka Mike) and Gendo. That's a different story, however.
2. AGB or the OtakuBoards Supplement.
3. Angel_Saturn_Healer.

Now for mine:
1. Who was the first member [b]ever[/b] to reach 1000 posts?
2. Name two former moderators of General Discussion.
3. Name 3 'wars'.
4. Did you answer any of these questions without using Nerdy's siggy?

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]1. All the past admins I can remember that were legitimate were Hbomb, Shinji, Safer Sephiroth, & Justin(not me). I was an admin for a short time along with VEGGETO(aka Mike) and Gendo. That's a different story, however.
2. AGB or the OtakuBoards Supplement.
3. Angel_Saturn_Healer.

Now for mine:
3. Name 3 'wars'.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]lol I don't need to use my own sig.

1.IM_GENGAR
2.Gendo, Dragon, Safer_Sephiroth, and that's about all I can think of.
3. The Hump War, the Sephinji War, and the Recca War. Anyways, does the Newbie Invasion count as a war? Also the Will3x/thimoc2 thing that happened before I got here, but I don't know the actual name of this war.
4. Of course. After all, I wrote it.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]Ahh the memories come flooding back... Nersy's sig is all we have left.... :D Who remembers the remembers the battle to become admin on V.2 (a while before it shut down)? [/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, that thread by Shinji, then it's wasn't about becomming an Admin, it was about becomming a mod.

By the by, my name is Nerdsy, not Nersy. :laugh: ;)

1. Who became a mod as a result of the aforementioned thread?
2. Name 2 of the names Altron Gundam used during the Recca War.
3. Name 1 of the two old "Clans" that died out during V2.
4. Name the "clan" that nearly everyone in Dragonball was a member of. That might be too vague... Okay, it's two letters, and Foredaddy used to have it in his name.
5. What did I mod during the later part of V2? (Sorry, I just can't resist tooting my own horn)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=purple]If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, that thread by Shinji, then it's wasn't about becomming an Admin, it was about becomming a mod.

By the by, my name is Nerdsy, not Nersy. :laugh: ;)

4. Name the "clan" that nearly everyone in Dragonball was a member of. That might be too vague... Okay, it's two letters, and Foredaddy used to have it in his name.
5. What did I mod during the later part of V2? (Sorry, I just can't resist tooting my own horn)[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]heh, i'll answer them ALL, i was here longer than you all...

kuja: HBomb had his name on all the forums when we moved into v.2 but before, it was no one

Nerdsy's:
1. which aforementioned thread.
2.Altron Gundam and Recca something (i'm horible at spelling... i think it was Japenese though)
3. ZF clan Z fighters
4.ZF
5. hmm. i think it was Pokemon if i am correct... i'm surprised i can't remember... but Pokemon does ring a bell

now for my questions.

1. What was the forum that i used to mod (not FF)
2.who was the first to reach the "freak" stats in v.2 (not IM_GENGAR he had over 1000 then so he couldn't of had it.)
3.when did this forum first open (i remember)
4.before we had a General Discussion forum, which forum did we generally talk in?
5.What was my old name?

I don't even think you (Nerdsy) can answer them all. [/COLOR]

[B]

By the by, my name is Nerdsy, not Nersy. :laugh: ;) [/quote][/b]

[B]I knew that..... Next time I'll try to improve.... It's easier to see spelling mistakes when I'm writing in bold[/B]

[COLOR=purple]

[b]I think it Safer Sephiroth.[/b]
[b]Well, to be specific, Altron participated in two 'wars'...the GF War and its sequel the Recca War. So if you count them as one then Altron Gundam and SSj4 Gokou. If not then SSj4 Gokou and Recca Hanibishi.[/b]
[b]The Dragon Klan. There was the Shadow Guild, Z Fighters and about 15 other I don't remember.[/b]
4. Name the "clan" that nearly everyone in Dragonball was a member of. That might be too vague... Okay, it's two letters, and Foredaddy used to have it in his name.[b] Z Fighters.[/b]
5. What did I mod during the later part of V2? (Sorry, I just can't resist tooting my own horn)[b] Pokemon[/b][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i][COLOR=indigo]
1. What was the forum that i used to mod (not FF) [b]Dragonball.[/b]
2.who was the first to reach the "freak" stats in v.2 (not IM_GENGAR he had over 1000 then so he couldn't of had it.) [b]Um...I don't know![/b]
3.when did this forum first open (i remember) [b]Ah![/b]
4.before we had a General Discussion forum, which forum did we generally talk in?[b] You must be kidding...[/b]
5.What was my old name? [b]Trunks...(yes, I got 2/5!)[/b]
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

-Justin

1. What was the forum that i used to mod (not FF) [b]Dragonball[/b]

2.Who was the first to reach the "freak" stats in v.2 (not IM_GENGAR he had over 1000 then so he couldn't of had it.) [b]Dang I never really paid attentioned to the post counts,probaly Dragon,or thimoc.[/b]

3.When did this forum first open (i remember) [b]December,1999 or was it 1998.[/b]

4.Before we had a General Discussion forum, which forum did we generally talk in? [b]Pokemon,Nintendo[/b]

5.What was my old name? [b]Trunks,and of course you still had the same ol' cool siggy "The One with the Sword".[/b]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]too ez... GENDO roflmao lets see... he also was thinking of putting me or voodoo in there... i forget who the 4th person he was thinking of was...
i cant belive no one got that one...

i didnt think h had his name next to every forum... anyway there is at least one more that i can remember[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Bah, Cloud, that's a little unfair to the rest of us who never experienced a pre-general discussion Otaku! But, it's most likely Dragonball seeing as how popular it is....

You were Trunks, modded Dragonball, opened in December 1999.

Justin, I was referring to the V2 War that Altron was in. In V1, I believe it is called the GF Invasion.

Also, wasn't the boards called Pokecheats? Bah... Probably not, with my luck.

Umm... I doubt it was thimoc, because he had two accounts, and he once said he got most of his post count during a two month period in Januery...

kuja, that 4th one was me...:D [/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]I love hearing stories about the old boards :love2: Especially ones from when I wasn't around...makes me feel like it's NOT just newer members who post anymore :)

I only knew the answers to about half of those questions.

...Ok, so maybe more like 1/4 of the questions...:shifty:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i][COLOR=deeppink]
Justin, I was referring to the V2 War that Altron was in. In V1, I believe it is called the GF Invasion. [b]Bah...'war', 'invasion' its all the same in my book.[/b]

Also, wasn't the boards called Pokecheats?[b] Nope, it was Absolute Gameboy.[/b]

Umm... I doubt it was thimoc, because he had two accounts, and he once said he got most of his post count during a two month period in Januery...[b]I also doubt it was thimoc. Now that I think about it, it may have been Dragon or Frank.[/b]
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Dang yall make the old boards sound cool, lol!!!
But i wasn't here long i was only here like ummmm before the seel thing yah that!!!

OK here are my questions

1.Who was the Second Member EVER here?
2.Who was the first member to get banned?

I don't know the answers to those but i thought i just try!!! :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by asar [/i]
[B]hmmmm seel war? alright, so i''m a newbie and i don't know all this crazy history about otaku...enlighten me perhaps???:toothy: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]Bah, just my luck somebody talks about SEEL,the one thing about V2 that I have very little knowledge about.

I'll tell you what I know...

SEEL wasn't a war, but a few people came and "hacked" (and I use the term lightly) onto the boards... I am under the impression that it was mainly Gendo and Shinji. I don't exactly know, so no one flame, kay?

So, they "hacked", deleted Safer, Adam, H-Bomb, James, and a whole buch of minor people. So, VEGGETTO(sp?) (AKA Mike) tricked Gendo into making him a mod, and deleted Gendo. He made KAMAKAZI (Justin) an Admin, and they gave control of the boards back to Adam and James. They moved Otaku to V2, and here we are!

The worst part of SEEL was that I lost my mod position... Oh, and the deletion of posts, member registration dates, and a lot of useless Otaku info I could have memorized.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]

Now for mine:
3. Name 3 'wars'.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

1.IM_Gengar
2.Gendo and Dragon
3.The whole IFYM incident (don't know what it was called), the GF Invasion (war or whatever you'd like to call it), the Recca War ( I was actually not here for this one. I was registered and had posted many times before but I was just kind of umm on vacation from the boards. I heard alot about it though)
4. No. I usually don't read sigs

And here are mine (these are more personal questions which probably nobody or almost nobody will get )
1.What was my old name(there are a few different anwers I'd accept)?(Hint:I registered in February 2001)
2.If you could guess my old name you can probably figure out who my old enemy was. Who was it?

Ah! I've been here for a year now. I never thought I'd last

[B]

[COLOR=purple]Bah, just my luck somebody talks about SEEL,the one thing about V2 that I have very little knowledge about.

I'll tell you what I know...

SEEL wasn't a war, but a few people came and "hacked" (and I use the term lightly) onto the boards... I am under the impression that it was mainly Gendo and Shinji. I don't exactly know, so no one flame, kay?

So, they "hacked", deleted Safer, Adam, H-Bomb, James, and a whole buch of minor people. So, VEGGETTO(sp?) (AKA Mike) tricked Gendo into making him a mod, and deleted Gendo. He made KAMAKAZI (Justin) an Admin, and they gave control of the boards back to Adam and James. They moved Otaku to V2, and here we are!

The worst part of SEEL was that I lost my mod position... Oh, and the deletion of posts, member registration dates, and a lot of useless Otaku info I could have memorized.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Sorry to pick on you again, Nerdsy but i feel I must correct you.
Firstly, it was ONLY Gendo and Shinji.
Secondly, they never actually deleted anyone but Ulitmia and Adam(if memory serves).
Third, 'twas I who initially tricked Gendo. He made both me and Mike administrators. Mike deleted Gendo then he had to leave. I deleted Shinji and kept the act going with Gendo and Shinji that it was all Mike's doing and that I was still on their side. I went through and deleted a few names. Of which they either knew the passwords to(ex. TN), or had decided to join them(ex. Will2x). I then closed registration and created an announcement on the front page to let everyone know that the boards had been taken back from Gendo and Shinji. Then, when I was sure it was safe I posted a topic letting everyone know that I would be returning them to Adam and James. Then, good ole' kuji-wuji IMed me and set up a buddy hat between him, myself, and James. I deleted James(upon his request) and opened registration long enough for him to register under a new alias. Then, I made him an admin again. He removed my powers as admin and made me a moderator for a few hours so I could help clean up a bit. Then, we made the move to vBB. And that...is the rest of the story...

[SIZE=1]PS: I really don't mean to be flaming you, Nerdsy. Just laying down the facts.[/SIZE]

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=indigo]

now for my questions.

1. What was the forum that i used to mod (not FF)
2.who was the first to reach the "freak" stats in v.2 (not IM_GENGAR he had over 1000 then so he couldn't of had it.)
3.when did this forum first open (i remember)
4.before we had a General Discussion forum, which forum did we generally talk in?
5.What was my old name?

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]1. Dragonball
2.Dragon
3. Dec 1999
4.General console, or ahhh ican't remember it... we used it like a GD and talked about everything there. It was like General Gameing or something...
5. Trunks...

Those were the correct answers...

now for Nimrod's questions...

I have no clue..... There's no way of any of us knowing...

KyJaUn~FuLlEr's questions...

1.Who was the Second Member EVER here? Spida18 i think... Hbomb was # 16..... hmmmmmmmm
2.Who was the first member to get banned? Thimoc if i can remember... although there may have been spammers when only 2 or 3 people were registered... [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

now for Nimrod's questions...

I have no clue..... There's no way of any of us knowing...

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm I posted it once or twice when I registered under this name nd it was in my siggy till today(I do't post much anymore though so it would take somebody with a good memory to get it). Since that was a hard question I'll give you the answer. My old name was Majin Gohan. Sorry about these questions about me but I really couldn't think of anything else that hadn't been covered by other questions