OtakuBoards

PS2 RPG's

Break

[SIZE=1]Have any of you PS2 owners noticed that there is a large number of RPG's for the PS2 that just come out without you noticing?

I got one today, called Ever Grace and it is pretty good :)

Anyone else got any RPG's like this?[/SIZE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I try to keep an eye out in magazines, gaming magazines, and tv (even in stores and talking to friends) for any RPGs that are coming out. I usually try to get a bit of info on the games before just going out and buying, or even renting one. When the game comes out, if I want it, I will have it ^_^ . . well. . .depending on if I am broke or not =P

Oh well. . Evergrace isn't too bad of a game btw :D [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the clone [/i]
[B]dunno what your talking about, the UK has an extreme shortage of ps2 rpgs.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]so does the US... but you can actually find some off brand ones for real cheap... like ZOE for $4.45 ;) if you know where to look ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]so does the US... but you can actually find some off brand ones for real cheap... like ZOE for $4.45 ;) if you know where to look ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Lemme guess, target? ;)

Safer, what I am talking about is have you ever noticed that some RPG's just... come out... with out you realising because they haven't been reviewed in magazines...

... OR that could just be me, I don't read magazines much :D[/SIZE]

Ugh, well I didn't particularly care for Ever Grace. There are some decent rpgs out there though, like Shadow Hearts and the port of Grandia II(if you didn't plow through the Dreamcast version like I did). With Suikoden 3, Phantasy Star Online(pretty sure it'll be out for PS2), Popolocrois III(hopefully it'll make it out of Japan), Skies of Arcadia and both Final Fantasy XI and XII in development, I don't think we'll have much to worry about. If anyone consider's Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance an rpg, than you can add that to the list. I've never played it, but I've heard that it has roleplaying elements.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Baldurs gate is out...?

Is it any good?

(But you get what I mean now, yeah?)[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes 'Baldurs Gate 2 Dark Allience' is out, has been out for a while. Personally i don't really like it. I prefer something like 'The Summoner' or FFX. Or even.... Dark cloud, i played it, it isn't that bad. It's like RPG, action adventure and a builing/constuction game all in one.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zachary [/i]
[B]the RPGs that i think look cool are
Wild Arms 3
Grandia Extreme
Final Fantasy XI
Suikoden III
FF8 remake
FF9 Remake
Lunar 3
Star Ocean 3
theres more i just cant think of em at the moment;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, you may think that the concepts of some of those games are cool, but some of them aren't even out yet...or won't be out for a very long time if they ever do come out.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkblue]The RPG's that came out for the PS2 are kinda iffy since the first batch of RPG's made for it weren't all that good...with the release of FFX, Grandia, Dark Cloud, and Ico...the genre is really starting to shapen under the PS2 since the developers are getting better and better at unraveling the mysteries of programming for the system.[/COLOR]