OtakuBoards

Zelda: Gamcube

Ryan

Yeah, there's one coming out. The working title is, "The Legend of Zelda." It's actually a pretty controversial release due to the cel shaded graphics. I'm willing to be that it'll live up the hype gameplay-wise though. I've read that they've implemented stealth techniques a la Metal Gear Solid.

Also, the lighting effects are said to be very impressive.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]Yeah, I think it's gonna be good, despite what people say about that new image of Link...with the "almond" eyes and all...it was a shock the first time I saw it...but it looks kinda cute after a while. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah, I know. When I first saw the "new look" I thought it was awful, but now I like it. It's weird how it can grow on you...
The current release date is Fall 2002, if you didn't already know. I hope it doesn't need to be delayed, like Ocarina of Time was.

Btw, I moved this thread into the Zelda forum, since this is a thread about a Zelda game.[/color]

[SIZE=1]The game, and the cartoony (if I can say that) graphics look great! I don't like people bashing Links [i]new[/i] look, anyway, I belive that's what he looked like in the original "Legend of Zelda" :) If it's delayed, you can bet it's gonna be 5 times better that it already is ;)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B][sarcasm]The Legend of Zelda: LeTs TwAi to CoLoR [i]iNsIdE[/i] dA lInEs[/sarcasm] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll take it you don't like the 'new look' then ,navi... or.. maybe that was just an innocent sarcastic remark...

Guest Jabroni3:16
I don't like the new look, too... well kiddie. How much of you have actually seen the video of the game? ScreenShots aren't everything. This game will be a great Kids game, but if you are 13+ you are kinda looking for something that goes past cartoony antics. Just my two cents.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jabroni3:16 [/i]
[B]I don't like the new look, too... well kiddie. How much of you have actually seen the video of the game? ScreenShots aren't everything. This game will be a great Kids game, but if you are 13+ you are kinda looking for something that goes past cartoony antics. Just my two cents. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]So, you think it's going to be "cartoony antics" just because of the graphics? Whatever, just don't fill our minds with your stupid views. If you have read any reviews, or read any reviews on it, you will notice that it mostly given a thumbs-up and not your stupid description.

So, you think a kiddie game? Ok, give this game to one of your under 10 years old family members, and let him/her play it. Give them two months, and I'll bet they're not very far. So you just shutup and wait for it to acutally come out before you start spouting your idiotic views.[/SIZE]

[B]I don't like the new look, too... well kiddie. How much of you have actually seen the video of the game? ScreenShots aren't everything. This game will be a great Kids game, but if you are 13+ you are kinda looking for something that goes past cartoony antics. Just my two cents. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]*sigh* Another one of those kiddie this, kiddie that people.

I would ask you, how much have [b]you[/b] actually seen of the game? No, screenshots aren't everything -- yet you're quite happy to judge the game based on screenshots alone.

I've seen the video (I don't know whether you have or not), but the complex cel-shading and detailed lighting effects look incredible. This is one of the most awesome looking games I've yet seen.

You are only demonstrating your stupidity here. You're quite happy to dismiss an entire game just because of a certain visual style.

The whole kiddie thing annoys me because it's so unfounded. It's based on an ignorant and misinformed view of a game which nobody has yet played.

Therefore, I would submit that you shouldn't judge the game until you play it. Of course, regardless of what I say, you'll be quite happy to do that.

I also find it funny that the people who complain about "kiddie" games are kids themselves. You rarely see adults complaining about kiddie-image games. Why? Because we are old enough to remember Zelda the way it was -- before Ocarina of Time. Therefore, we understand that the new Zelda's look is highly reminiscent of the original NES versions.

Of course, being a young kid who is shallow enough to only play gory/violent software, I wouldn't expect you to understand anything about gaming history.

You're not even old enough to buy GTA3 from the stores...yet you're sitting there telling us about your desire not to play games with "cartoony antics"? Don't make me laugh. You're not old enough for anything more anyway. :)[/color]

Hmm, I heard that they have changed their plans of their cartoony grafics to the 3 dimensional kind due to popular demand. I do not know what all the fuss is about. It is still going to be the same game whether it looks cartoony or real. I also heard that the reason that they had it cartoony was to give it a new look since the ones from 64 are about as realistic as they could get. I really enjoy the Zelda games though. I got into Zelda: A link to the Past for GBC and it was really fun. My friends who have the 64 versions reccomend them as some of the best games they have ever played. I do hope that the GCN keeps the series going well.

What i am a kid now huh. Ok James. So now that i dismiss this game i am a kid, because i think it's kiddie? In the video Link jumps over a ledge and the things that follow him do that cartoony runing in air thing, how in the hell is that not kiddie. I myself do not like to use the word kiddie to desrcibe games, hell ask jcgoudy, we met at the Amazon boards; where i am still very much a regular, he knows that i am a Nintendo lover not to mention Miyamoto. I have seen the video many a time, each time i do i must shudder. You say "Before Ocarina of Time" Well the games before that one were 2d, Ocarina of timewas the first 3d Zelda, therefore if this was supposed to be the way Link was supposed to appear wouldn't Miyamoto have done it then?
Let me say this, you are demonstrating your stupidity here by judgeing me because my opinion is in check with your opiniuon so you must insult me by calling me a kid therefore saying my opinion is uneducated, and am judgeing off looks alone. So go ahead, keep building up your ego, make yourself think you are high and mighty, but when it is all said and Done you are the kidish one. Before you post again get your head out of your *** and actually READ my posts, and think about what i am saying, and not how it is against your view on the subject. Jon i thought you said this board doesn't have arguments?

[SIZE=1]You speak of videos, yes? It's not actually the game, if you haven't realised, it's an advert which is advertising the game. Now, if you judge a game by a video, you are sorely mistaken my "friend".

And you say you don't like to use the term kiddie, yeah, that's why you blantently meant it in the first post.

James is right as well on you judging by looks, again, you blantently said it right there :) lol.

I think he read your post, it's probably the other way around, you don't understand the language in the post probably.

And why did you add that little "Jon I thought you said these boards didn't have any arguments"? For sympathy? You'll need it....[/SIZE]

[B] Before you post again get your head out of your *** and actually READ my posts, and think about what i am saying, and not how it is against your view on the subject. Jon i thought you said this board doesn't have arguments? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]We have our fair share of arguments, but 'tis not wise to argue with the administrator :p I think you [i]both[/i] should just be quiet :babble:

Consider this your first warning, Jabroni.[/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]*kicks jenna* i wanted to warn him! *sigh*
oh well as long as he learns to grow up and not bash the games in that sort of manner. there are PROPER ways to do it but he obviously doesnt know them. like i strongly dislike the x-box and i can win most any argument on that subject with one word: sales we will just say that:
A. GCN has sold 3 more units (this includes x-boxs returns that are resold counting 2 or 3 times per system)
B. X-box has i think it was 7 times more returns
C. X-box got put on recall

now if you want to bash the zelda game do it on GAMEPLAY, not the graphics
cause i think basing a game you buy on graphics are for the unimagnitive person since when i play i dont see graphics i see what i want to see and fun
anyway i suggest you clean up your bashing to be more opionions based on facts than opionions based on stupidity!
which is what CWB does and he is now a mod, so it can be done properly but you made a bunch of enemys who will watch you and have your name sitting in the nice little ban box ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Jon i thought you said this board doesn't have arguments?

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]we dont normally have arguments in the gaming/series section cause we all understand that we have to be smart about the way we post
yes once in a while an argument will break out when some newby comes in and posts something stupid like GCN is a kiddie system based on graphics when in all reality most KIDS are bying x-box while adults are bying the GCN
or saying they wont get the zelda game because link looks stupid (half the time they say zelda there), when if you think about it, it is called game for gameplay not graph for graphics DUH[/size][/color][/font]

[B]What i am a kid now huh. Ok James. So now that i dismiss this game i am a kid, because i think it's kiddie? In the video Link jumps over a ledge and the things that follow him do that cartoony runing in air thing, how in the hell is that not kiddie. [/b][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Sorry, but you can't blame me if the quality of your previous post made you seem like a child. It was your language, not mine.

Also, I don't believe that the whole running in the air thing is kiddie at all. You are only proving that you're not old enough to remember A Link to the Past on SNES where in fact, the whole "running in the air" thing in Zelda started. This measure is only a way of looking back on the series and providing a nod to long-time enthusiasts.

So to put it bluntly, if you understand why it's there, you have no right to flippantly judge it.[/color][QUOTE][b]

I myself do not like to use the word kiddie to desrcibe games, hell ask jcgoudy, we met at the Amazon boards; where i am still very much a regular, he knows that i am a Nintendo lover not to mention Miyamoto. I have seen the video many a time, each time i do i must shudder. [/b][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]lol...even though you are continually using the word "kiddie" here. If you're a Nintendo lover, then surely you must understand that people often use that term unfairly and sometimes in an almost derogatory way.

If you shudder at seeing the video, well...there is simply no accounting for taste. The visuals are gorgeous...the enemies are superbly detailed. If you don't like the Link character model, then just say so. But even in that situation, I fail to see how a poor character model (or even poor visuals) could make the actual game a bad game...or as you put it, a "kiddie game".[/color][QUOTE][b]

You say "Before Ocarina of Time" Well the games before that one were 2d, Ocarina of timewas the first 3d Zelda, therefore if this was supposed to be the way Link was supposed to appear wouldn't Miyamoto have done it then? [/b] [/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Shigeru Miyamoto himself said that he wasn't happy with the way Zelda was progressing in a design sense.

Also, just because Ocarina of Time uses a particular character model, why does this have to somehow dictate that the entire series must remain precisely true to this initial layout?

To say that is to suggest that you aren't interested in innovation or new ideas. We should be welcoming creativity rather than trying to stamp on something as soon as it looks a little different.[/color][QUOTE][b]

Let me say this, you are demonstrating your stupidity here by judgeing me because my opinion is in check with your opiniuon so you must insult me by calling me a kid therefore saying my opinion is uneducated, and am judgeing off looks alone. [/b] [/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Uhh, no.

If you have a different taste to me, I accept that. I am not arguing with your taste (or lack thereof).

Rather, I am arguing with the fact that you have quite happily dismissed the entire game simply because of its visual presentation. If you are any kind of video game fan at all, then you realize how foolish and stupid this is.

You yourself have said that the game is "kiddie" because of what you've seen of the visuals. But have you played it? No. Therefore, how do you make the determination that the game is kiddie? In actual fact, the story composer is the man who did Majora's Mask, which was perhaps the most "dark" of all the Zelda games in terms of story. Therefore, any logical person would assume that we will see a similar approach to storytelling in this new Zelda.[/color][QUOTE][b]

So go ahead, keep building up your ego, make yourself think you are high and mighty, but when it is all said and Done you are the kidish one. Before you post again get your head out of your *** and actually READ my posts, and think about what i am saying, and not how it is against your view on the subject. Jon i thought you said this board doesn't have arguments? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]lol...not quite, my friend. :)

I'm not trying to build up my ego. I'm just sick and tired of people making assumptions about something when they clearly have no idea about the subject in question.

I've read your posts...and I've thought about what you're saying. Yes, your view contradicts mine, but as I said, that's not what I'm arguing about.

You yourself have actually dismissed Zelda because of its visual style. This is what you did in your first post about the game (I suggest that [b]you[/b] go back and read your own posts).

Therefore, I doubt I'm the one being childish here. I think it's pretty childish to dismiss an entire game and to instantly assume that it's a child's game when you yourself haven't even played it. All you're doing is basing your opinion off screenshots and video clips.

If you at least presented and informed and educated argument, then perhaps I might be more leniant. But there is no way I'm not going to pick out people who behave so predictably.

Additionally, I never said that this forum can have no arguments. We are having a discussion on an issue...that's what forums are all about.

By the way, don't swear. It's prohibited on these forums. Not only does it make you look foolish, but it will get you banned faster than you can say "Zelda looks like a powerpuff girl!"[/color]

Think i care that i'll be "banned"? I am not lower then a moderator, heck i should be able to speak my opinion to whomever i want to. Whether it be Moderator or member. Why is it that i suddenly get dealed all this crap once i have a conflicting argument with a mod? Is it that you have to stick up to him? He seems to be more than capible to watch his own back. Ok me and Justin are haveing a discussion, civil? i dunno, but a discussion at that. I don't need all you other Mods coming into our discussion and giving me crap. Oh so i use kiddie all the time? I have only used that word to describe Zelda, nothing else, i have not said i wouldn't play the game because it looks "Kiddie", i "dismissed" (at the time) it but that doesn't mean i won't give it a go when it comes out

"Shigeru Miyamoto himself said that he wasn't happy with the way Zelda was progressing in a design sense.

Also, just because Ocarina of Time uses a particular character model, why does this have to somehow dictate that the entire series must remain precisely true to this initial layout?

To say that is to suggest that you aren't interested in innovation or new ideas. We should be welcoming creativity rather than trying to stamp on something as soon as it looks a little different."

well the last two games of the series were in that Character model, and each seemed to be rather successful, you'd think he'd stay on that path, i support anything new and creative, but Cel Shading ain't new it's been around a while, you of all people should know that.

"lol...even though you are continually using the word "kiddie" here. If you're a Nintendo lover, then surely you must understand that people often use that term unfairly and sometimes in an almost derogatory way.

If you shudder at seeing the video, well...there is simply no accounting for taste. The visuals are gorgeous...the enemies are superbly detailed. If you don't like the Link character model, then just say so. But even in that situation, I fail to see how a poor character model (or even poor visuals) could make the actual game a bad game...or as you put it, a "kiddie game"."

Ok am i missing something, cause i only see kiddie used once, only to say that i don't usually use it to describe something. Poor visuals and Character models can and will ruin a game, the graphics are there to set a mood for the game, and if i am not likeing the cartoony (ok theres a word i use, notice that) backgrounds or characters i am not likeing the game. If graphics weren't important, as some of you say they aren't, then why do the programers even bother making them look good? And yes Kiddie does get used too often to describe the GCN, but notice i only used it once, to describe a game, not the whole system.

"Uhh, no.

If you have a different taste to me, I accept that. I am not arguing with your taste (or lack thereof).

Rather, I am arguing with the fact that you have quite happily dismissed the entire game simply because of its visual presentation. If you are any kind of video game fan at all, then you realize how foolish and stupid this is.

You yourself have said that the game is "kiddie" because of what you've seen of the visuals. But have you played it? No. Therefore, how do you make the determination that the game is kiddie? In actual fact, the story composer is the man who did Majora's Mask, which was perhaps the most "dark" of all the Zelda games in terms of story. Therefore, any logical person would assume that we will see a similar approach to storytelling in this new Zelda."

Ha, whats this? You can always tell when a game is kiddie by seeing the approach at animation, what else is there to wait for? The Story? Any plot can be made into a "kiddie" plot, i am only talking about potential plots for this Zelda game not plots that would include rapings and the like, so thats really something you need to wait for to judge a game. Oh so controlls determin the games atmosphere? Well that can be true but not true in deciding whether it's a "Kiddie" game or not. My opinion is not a perminant one, if Nintendo decides to release some more videos of the game at E3 my opinion might change, as well as others, but right now my opinion is based purely on the information available at this time. You haven't played the game yourself so you can't say that it's not "kiddie." Some of this emotion spills into your next quote.

"lol...not quite, my friend.

I'm not trying to build up my ego. I'm just sick and tired of people making assumptions about something when they clearly have no idea about the subject in question.

I've read your posts...and I've thought about what you're saying. Yes, your view contradicts mine, but as I said, that's not what I'm arguing about.

You yourself have actually dismissed Zelda because of its visual style. This is what you did in your first post about the game (I suggest that you go back and read your own posts).

Therefore, I doubt I'm the one being childish here. I think it's pretty childish to dismiss an entire game and to instantly assume that it's a child's game when you yourself haven't even played it. All you're doing is basing your opinion off screenshots and video clips.

If you at least presented and informed and educated argument, then perhaps I might be more leniant. But there is no way I'm not going to pick out people who behave so predictably.

Additionally, I never said that this forum can have no arguments. We are having a discussion on an issue...that's what forums are all about.

By the way, don't swear. It's prohibited on these forums. Not only does it make you look foolish, but it will get you banned faster than you can say "Zelda looks like a powerpuff girl!""

here's my first post- "I don't like the new look, too... well kiddie. How much of you have actually seen the video of the game? ScreenShots aren't everything. This game will be a great Kids game, but if you are 13+ you are kinda looking for something that goes past cartoony antics. Just my two cents." see nothing there about dismissing, just my opinion on the game with information that is available at the time. In my second post i did say i dismissed the game, but only because you said i did and i using words you used. Yes i am basing my opinion of video clips and screen shots, what else is there to base it off of? Tell me. Let me point this out, you say i am the one acting like a child, when you are the one who calls me stupid right off the bat? This argument is getting old so i am going to end this post here pretty soon. I apoligize for all the swearing i used in my last post and if you notice i cleared it up here, so if i get banned i know it is because the mods here relize my argument. Oh and Zelda looks like a power... oh wait, Zelda is the newest member of the PowerPuff Girls. Now on to ShadowGohan "And why did you add that little "Jon I thought you said these boards didn't have any arguments"? For sympathy? You'll need it...." nope added that little remark to let him know that i think that the Amazon gaming boards a MUCH better than these, if you haddn't noticed, i have spent most of my time in the Anime section there at least they don't treat people like crap, and over at Amazon you aren't attacked because of your opinion, unless if CubeMasterZenith replies to you. Jon i'm glad you have become a mod, but your peers are rather quick to insult and/or become irritated. I am sure there're tons and tons of mistakes i have made on this post but i wrote it over a period of an hour where my mood went from angry to sympathetic.
(Edit: Dang, i made alot of mistakes)

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]and i thought i was confusining--me ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[B]Think i care that i'll be "banned"? I am not lower then a moderator, heck i should be able to speak my opinion to whomever i want to. Whether it be Moderator or member. Why is it that i suddenly get dealed all this crap once i have a conflicting argument with a mod? Is it that you have to stick up to him? He seems to be more than capible to watch his own back. Ok me and Justin are haveing a discussion, civil? i dunno, but a discussion at that. I don't need all you other Mods coming into our discussion and giving me crap. Oh so i use kiddie all the time? I have only used that word to describe Zelda, nothing else, i have not said i wouldn't play the game because it looks "Kiddie", i "dismissed" (at the time) it but that doesn't mean i won't give it a go when it comes out[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Okay well, you should have been more clear. Some advice: be thorough. Otherwise people will misinterpret what you say.

As I said, I'm not attacking your viewpoint on the game. However, I am attacking the "kiddie" notion...simply because it's unfounded and misinformed. It's making a large assumption about the game when you yourself haven't even played it. It is unwise at best to judge an entire game before you've played it (and before it's even released). It's not only unwise, but it's uncalled for.

I simply think it's foolish to effectively decide that a game is kiddie simply because of a screenshot or video. How can you make such a decision if you don't know about the game's plot, and if you haven't actually played it? Surely you too can admit that you were wrong here and see the error of what you said...or at least, see why I'd take issue with it.[/color][QUOTE][B]

"Shigeru Miyamoto himself said that he wasn't happy with the way Zelda was progressing in a design sense.

To say that is to suggest that you aren't interested in innovation or new ideas. We should be welcoming creativity rather than trying to stamp on something as soon as it looks a little different."

well the last two games of the series were in that Character model, and each seemed to be rather successful, you'd think he'd stay on that path, i support anything new and creative, but Cel Shading ain't new it's been around a while, you of all people should know that.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Hmm...where to start.

Yes, each game was rather successful. But surprise surprise, Shigeru Miyamoto is interested in utilizing the new hardware to take the series in new directions.

As a long time Zelda fan, I am happy that Miyamoto is interested in exploring new ideas. People were so quick to jump down his throat as soon as he changed something, which sickens me. These people are fairweather friends; they want the same old cliched work every time and don't want anything new.

If you're for new and innovative ideas, you should encourage new concepts.

Cel-Shading hasn't been around for a while, in actual fact. It's a very complex visual technology to use and only the newer consoles have really been powerful enough to achieve the desired results. Cel-Shading in games has only been around since Jet Set Radio -- so therefore, it ain't exactly old.[/color][QUOTE][B]

"lol...even though you are continually using the word "kiddie" here. If you're a Nintendo lover, then surely you must understand that people often use that term unfairly and sometimes in an almost derogatory way.

If you shudder at seeing the video, well...there is simply no accounting for taste. The visuals are gorgeous...the enemies are superbly detailed. If you don't like the Link character model, then just say so. But even in that situation, I fail to see how a poor character model (or even poor visuals) could make the actual game a bad game...or as you put it, a "kiddie game"."

Ok am i missing something, cause i only see kiddie used once, only to say that i don't usually use it to describe something. Poor visuals and Character models can and will ruin a game, the graphics are there to set a mood for the game, and if i am not likeing the cartoony (ok theres a word i use, notice that) backgrounds or characters i am not likeing the game. If graphics weren't important, as some of you say they aren't, then why do the programers even bother making them look good? And yes Kiddie does get used too often to describe the GCN, but notice i only used it once, to describe a game, not the whole system.[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=royalblue]I take issue because of the very fact that you're using the word kiddie to describe the game. I would beg to differ that even the graphics themselves are kiddie. The Link character model could be called "kiddie" with no problem, but the visuals as a whole are lush and detailed.

If your jaw didn't drop at the forest sequence -- you're blind. lol

But character models can't ruin a game. Nor can graphics. If you are playing a game for these things alone, then you are playing for the wrong reasons.

Certainly, a very slow framerate can make the game physically "bad" in the sense that it's unplayable. But a chosen visual design can't make the actual [b]game[/b] bad...only the image. The worlds themselves are very lush and detailed, with full of expression and life. The only thing even I question is the Link model -- but even it is well animated and very fluid on screen.

I guarantee you, when you see this game in your local store, you will want to play it. Even if graphics are important to you -- just wait until you see it on a TV screen.[/color][QUOTE][B]

"Uhh, no.

You yourself have said that the game is "kiddie" because of what you've seen of the visuals. But have you played it? No. Therefore, how do you make the determination that the game is kiddie? In actual fact, the story composer is the man who did Majora's Mask, which was perhaps the most "dark" of all the Zelda games in terms of story. Therefore, any logical person would assume that we will see a similar approach to storytelling in this new Zelda."

Ha, whats this? You can always tell when a game is kiddie by seeing the approach at animation, what else is there to wait for? The Story? Any plot can be made into a "kiddie" plot, i am only talking about potential plots for this Zelda game not plots that would include rapings and the like, so thats really something you need to wait for to judge a game. Oh so controlls determin the games atmosphere? Well that can be true but not true in deciding whether it's a "Kiddie" game or not. My opinion is not a perminant one, if Nintendo decides to release some more videos of the game at E3 my opinion might change, as well as others, but right now my opinion is based purely on the information available at this time. You haven't played the game yourself so you can't say that it's not "kiddie." Some of this emotion spills into your next quote.[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=royalblue]I'm not talking about controls. And no, I haven't played the game myself. And I'm not even saying that the game isn't kiddie. You are missing the point entirely. Read slowly and carefully from now on.

I am saying that you [b]can't yet[/b] call the game kiddie. You are basing your entire assumption on screenshots and video. The video/shots shown so far are of a very small and unfinished area.

What exactly is kiddie about the environments so far, aside from the Link character model? The dungeon he explores is dark and atmospheric...and the forest is gloomy and full of rain. How is that kiddie? It's not exactly Mickey Mouse.

I just don't see how you can draw such a conclusion at such an early stage. It's pointless and ridiculous.

And yes, the story can play a role in determining whether or not the game is kiddie...as can the controls. If the game is mentally tough (tough puzzles) and is visually atmospheric and dark (like MM...which it so far looks like it will be), then I wouldn't classify it as "kiddie"...and I'm sure nobody else would either. You just can't assume something about a whole game before you know more about it. I don't know more than you about it, but I'm unwilling to dismiss the entire game as "kiddie" so far because I know that I don't know enough about it to make that judgement.[/color][QUOTE][B]

here's my first post- "I don't like the new look, too... well kiddie. How much of you have actually seen the video of the game? ScreenShots aren't everything. This game will be a great Kids game, but if you are 13+ you are kinda looking for something that goes past cartoony antics. Just my two cents." see nothing there about dismissing, just my opinion on the game with information that is available at the time. In my second post i did say i dismissed the game, but only because you said i did and i using words you used. Yes i am basing my opinion of video clips and screen shots, what else is there to base it off of? Tell me. [/QUOTE][/B]

[color=royalblue]Nuh uh. Your statements directly confirmed to me that you'd basically dismissed the game as kiddie. You're not quoting everything you said in that particular quote.

I agree that there is nothing else to form an opinion on, other than clips and shots.

[b]However[/b], based on the information presented so far, it is simply impossible to call the entire game "kiddie", which is what you've done here.

What was shown so far (apart from the Link model), was actually very gloomy, dark and stylistic looking. I would accept it if you said "The Link model looks too childish for me"...but you're using the word "kiddie" as a blanket generalization.[/color][QUOTE][B]

Let me point this out, you say i am the one acting like a child, when you are the one who calls me stupid right off the bat? This argument is getting old so i am going to end this post here pretty soon. I apoligize for all the swearing i used in my last post and if you notice i cleared it up here, so if i get banned i know it is because the mods here relize my argument. [/QUOTE][/B]

[color=royalblue]No, I didn't call you stupid. [b]Read my words carefully.[/b]

I said that your contention was stupid. Saying an entire game is kiddie and flippantly dismissing it simply because of a character model [b]is[/b] stupid. You can't deny that.[/color][QUOTE][B]

Oh and Zelda looks like a power... oh wait, Zelda is the newest member of the PowerPuff Girls. Now on to ShadowGohan "And why did you add that little "Jon I thought you said these boards didn't have any arguments"? For sympathy? You'll need it...." nope added that little remark to let him know that i think that the Amazon gaming boards a MUCH better than these, if you haddn't noticed, i have spent most of my time in the Anime section there at least they don't treat people like crap, and over at Amazon you aren't attacked because of your opinion, unless if CubeMasterZenith replies to you. [/QUOTE][/B]

[color=royalblue]People are treated just fine here. I'm not attacking you at all...don't get so defensive, it's silly. :)

I'm attacking your contention. Please make that distinction. These forums are a place of intelligent discussion. If you can post misinformed tripe at Amazon without being pulled up on it, then I pity Amazon's quality. lol[/color][QUOTE][B]

Jon i'm glad you have become a mod, but your peers are rather quick to insult and/or become irritated. I am sure there're tons and tons of mistakes i have made on this post but i wrote it over a period of an hour where my mood went from angry to sympathetic.
(Edit: Dang, i made alot of mistakes) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]We aren't quick to insult. And I sure ain't irritated.

I'm sorry if my posts come across as being personally attacking...but they aren't.

I'm simply saying that your contention about the game is stupid and baseless. That doesn't mean that YOU are stupid. It just means that you have been too dismissive and that I am prepared to pull you up on that.

You see...in this forum, if you present an idea, you need to back it up with acceptable and useful information.

Look at it from my point of view.

Let's say I saw Star Fox (an early screenshot) and it looked terrible. Even though it looks miles better now.

Imagine you saw me post something like "[b]I'm[/b] not gonna buy that piece of trash...look how crap the graphics are...I don't want some kiddie piece of junk...I'm 13 dammit, I want gore!"

You'd think it was dumb, right?

I'm not saying your words were like that exactly...as I"m using an extreme example. But that's how your post came off when I read it.

It looked to me as though you were basically shrugging off the game and calling it childish because of a short movie clip that you'd seen.

But you see, you just [b]can't[/b] do either of those things without having more information about the game itself. And this is something which I wanted to point out to you.

Now, you can either take my words personally and get offended...or you can take my advice, realize that I'm only commenting on your argument and not you personally...and you can continue to engage in intelligent gaming discussion on OtakuBoards.

Either way, it's your choice.

I'm just pointing out that I hold no grudge against you at all...but I did feel the need to point out the stupidity of your comments...because let's face it, they [i]were[/i] stupid comments to make. Maybe if you think about it some more...you'll realize that too.

If you read my post and take it for its true meaning...and don't take it personally, your position can only be strengthened and you can only earn more respect among our members and myself.

However, if you storm off or whatever and get huffy about it...well, you'll only look like a fool then. Or at the very least, someone who isn't willing to admit that they were wrong (not for their opinion, but for making a judgement with a lack of info).[/color]

[B]Jon i thought you said this board doesn't have arguments? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Sigh... I was really, [i]really[/i] hoping this thread wouldn't end up like this... I've seen [b]WAY[/b] to much of this on various Zelda sites... Anymore, I don't even like to talk about the GCN Zelda, because I don't want to end up discussing this. I've done that enough already...
And this is the first real argument I've seen on OtakuBoards...

I'm kind of in the middle here... Yes, I think it's wrong to judge a game before you've played it. I think that graphics aren't that important to a game. Note that I don't say that they [b]aren't[/b] important, but they aren't [b]that[/b] important. A game can be affected by it's graphical style, but not enough to ruin it, in my oppinion. I think it's wrong to call the GCN Zelda "kiddie" (I [i]really[/i] hate that word). Personally, I don't really like the character model for Link either, but I don't call it "kiddie".

If you look at the old original artwork for The Legend of Zelda, it does look kind of like the GCN Zelda. The drawings of Link aren't to similar, but the rest of it isn't to far off. Personally, I'd absolutely love it if they made it look like the art from A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening.

I'd also like to say that, until more is known about the GCN Zelda (probably around E3), I'm [b][i]not[/i][/b] going to talk about it anymore... I'm [i]really[/i] sick of hearing this, over, and over, and over again. And I'm [i]really[/i] pissed off right now, because of all the arguing over this "new look" for the Zelda series; not just in this thread, but just in general. THERE ISN'T ANY POINT TO IT!!! EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPPINION, AND IT'S [I]VERY[/I] RARE THAT ANYONE ELSE CAN CHANGE THAT OPPINION!!!
There, I'm done with this subject, probably until E3. I think this thread should be closed.

Edit: Okay, I got a little carried away with that last section... I'm sorry, it's just that I've really grown to hate this particular subject. I've seen it way too many times, and I've seen poeple start flaming each other over it. I guess I was afraid that that would happen here.
Actually this is probably so old that no one will ever see this edit, LOL... But, this has been bugging me for awhile now, and I just wanted to say that. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]
I'd also like to say that, until more is known about the GCN Zelda (probably around E3), I'm [b][i]not[/i][/b] going to talk about it anymore... I'm [i]really[/i] sick of hearing this, over, and over, and over again. And I'm [i]really[/i] pissed off right now, because of all the arguing over this "new look" for the Zelda series; not just in this thread, but just in general. THERE ISN'T ANY POINT TO IT!!! EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPPINION, AND IT'S [I]VERY[/I] RARE THAT ANYONE ELSE CAN CHANGE THAT OPPINION!!!
There, I'm done with this subject, probably until E3. I think this thread should be closed.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]The thread will not be closed unless it becomes a flaming war -- which it hasn't.

I don't understand why everyone is being so spineless. If you don't want to argue/discuss Zelda's new look, there is no need for you to visit this thread.

In addition, I don't see why everyone is so afraid of a frank exchange of opinion. It's getting to the point where as soon as one negative thing is said anywhere, people instantly get offended and want the topic closed/deleted.

That's not what I'm trying to encourage here.

I'm trying to encourage people to discuss their opinions freely and to argue over whatever points they wish to. It [b]is[/b] possible to argue without getting personal and it's highly possible to discuss a topic and remain on-topic all the time.

That is what has been done so far.

If you don't wish to discuss Zelda until it is released, that's fine. Don't post here if that's the case.

However, based on what you said, jcgoudy, it appears that for the most part, you're agreeing with my stance. And you can see why Jabroni's contention was worth arguing and debunking.

If we can't discuss each other's ideas, if we can't debate points and talk about issues openly, then what's the point of having a web forum? If we begin to regulate discussion to that point, then I might as well just close down OtakuBoards.com entirely. Who wants to have a debate/discussion when their thoughts and/or statements are so highly regulated and restricted?

As long as people don't swear and don't personally flame others, I have no objection with open debate on these forums. I expect everyone to understand that by now.[/color]

[SIZE=1]I would like to argue the Link's new look, but I really don't know what to say. All that needs to be said has been said.

I haven't actually seen the video for it, but it looks so cool (screenshots I've seen) and I think the Cel-shading is a great change from 3D and it should prove very succesful with not just people our age, but older and younger too.

I think it'll be another classic Zelda game with all the amusing little quirks and serious battles that it needs.

But, has anyone got any idea when it comes out?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]while most of the people on this board are total pushovers when it comes to their opinions, i personally prefer a good DISCUSION.
i am one of the few people on these boards that actually liked the final fantasy movie
and Crazy White Boy musta hated that movie cause we always go on and on about it, but we (typically) do it in a mature way not totally bashing the other ones idea
i cant stand him cause he doesnt see it my way but i actually totally enjoyed him doing what he did because everyone was saying the movie sucked, i came in said it was a good movie and no one questioned me because i am the strictest mod, besides him
i actually had fun having an intelegent conversation on something
what im saying is: The staff here would have banned you if we didnt care about your opinion, i know that i prefer someone who will stand up to me than give up their beliefs and agree with me
u said that amazon boards are much better than these, cause they dont argue? question have u ever heard of LEMINGS? roflmao...
anyway we arent saying your stupid, we are saying your idea of bashing a zelda game before you play it
we all know your going to play it weather or not it looks good or not[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I wasn't taking offense to what you said, because you and i are discussing a subject, mainly just how others were quick to come after me for, what seems like, challenging a mod's opinion. Let me ask you thins, what in my posts is a "stupid" argument, that is besides the kiddie remark? Also i don't see how my information isn't as less truthful than yours. I just want to know how some of my opinions (and if you would could you name them so i get an idea of where you are coming from) are Stupid (maybe you didn't say it in that way but thats how it came off), if you're going to say "Misinformed and Useless" than i can say the same thing about some of your opinions.

Ok now on to more discussing:

"I am saying that you can't yet call the game kiddie. You are basing your entire assumption on screenshots and video. The video/shots shown so far are of a very small and unfinished area."

You, or i, didn't read, or write, my message well enough, i was trying to point out that since i obviously can't base MY opinion off whats available at the time then you, or anyone else, can't base YOUR opinion about how game isn't "kiddie". This argument works both ways, so i suggest you not use it again.

"Cel-Shading hasn't been around for a while, in actual fact. It's a very complex visual technology to use and only the newer consoles have really been powerful enough to achieve the desired results. Cel-Shading in games has only been around since Jet Set Radio -- so therefore, it ain't exactly old."

Yes and it ain't exactly new either, you said NEW and creative ideas. Therefore, if he was searching for new and creative ideas, he would have skipped Cel-Shading, cause like you said "Cel-Shading in games has only been around since Jet Set Radio" so that would make the game, or actually the graphics style, done before, therefore the style isn't new and creative, now if he started his own new thing, notice how i said new, than yeah i'd have more respect for the game.

"If your jaw didn't drop at the forest sequence -- you're blind. lol"

Ok thats half true, i am blind in my left eye but somehow i don't think that that scene was Jaw Droping good, i don't know why but i don't think that a shrubbry deserves that type of attention. Ok now you'll say the lighting effects are great, once again i am not amused by them.

"I guarantee you, when you see this game in your local store, you will want to play it. Even if graphics are important to you -- just wait until you see it on a TV screen."

You know what your right, but not for the reasons your thinking, if the GCN market is going to be the same as it is now when this Game is released, then i will be itching for any new game to play.

"Nuh uh. Your statements directly confirmed to me that you'd basically dismissed the game as kiddie. You're not quoting everything you said in that particular quote."

Um yes that is the whole quote, unless if one of you Mods went back and changed stuff. I copied and pasted, so if it's wrong it's because of one of you mods.

"I'm attacking your contention. Please make that distinction. These forums are a place of intelligent discussion. If you can post misinformed tripe at Amazon without being pulled up on it, then I pity Amazon's quality. lol"

Once again it wasn't you i was takeing offence to it was the others. Also the people at amazon at much more friendly then those here. At least there opinions are respected, rather than insulted. Also what "Misinformed tripe" have i posted? Surely it's nothing worse than what you have wrote, but we all know who's never wrong here don't we, and what he says is iron clad.

"I'm not saying your words were like that exactly...as I"m using an extreme example. But that's how your post came off when I read it."

Well maybe you shouldn't read messages in that state of mind, cause when you decide to go all out on the guy who said it you'll end up looking like a butt in the end.

Oh and thank you for telling me my comments are stupid, you can always tell a good mod when they complament you, thanks. Oh and go ahead add you're little opinions after i am done writing, after all thats what i am here for.