OtakuBoards

was it the right thing to do??

Ice Dragon v2

First off, I'm extremely pissed off at the time so don't bother to IM me about it and give me the condoleneces. I'm sorry for the rudeness and I do appreciate them.

Just last week I caught this guy bothering my g/f. I told him to back off and he did. Now, comes yesterday. The same guy takes it to the extreme level and [B]nearly[/B] rapes my g/f. In retaliation, I charged and took him down with full force and it turned into a big brawl that went ugly. In the end, I ended up in getting arrested with this bastard and I have to serve 20 hours of community service. That fruit has a broken arm and a cracked ribcage. But I mean, I was only defending her. Why the hell should I suffer for this incident?? Freaking judge said it was disturbing the peace. Disturbing the peace my :butthead:

Now, would you think for yourself: Was it the right thing to do?? Cuz I think it was.

if he did infact "nearly rape" (which i interpret as starting to rip/take off her cloths) than what u did was right. u should have killed the bastard.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]First off, I'm extremely pissed off at the time so don't bother to IM me about it and give me the condoleneces. I'm sorry for the rudeness and I do appreciate them.

Just last week I caught this guy bothering my g/f. I told him to back off and he did. Now, comes yesterday. The same guy takes it to the extreme level and [B]nearly[/B] rapes my g/f. In retaliation, I charged and took him down with full force and it turned into a big brawl that went ugly. In the end, I ended up in getting arrested with this bastard and I have to serve 20 hours of community service. That fruit has a broken arm and a cracked ribcage. But I mean, I was only defending her. Why the hell should I suffer for this incident?? Freaking judge said it was disturbing the peace. Disturbing the peace my :butthead:

Now, would you think for yourself: Was it the right thing to do?? Cuz I think it was. [/B][/QUOTE]

The right thing to do would have been to call the police on this as$hole. When yuo stoop low to result to violence you are just giving into their pressure... whether or not you were defending her... thats now how the law works.... you should have just called the police on this guy... they would have or SHOULD have done something... if they don't... you can sue them too.... what this guy did was inexcusable... so was what you did.... whether or not what he did was more wrong than what you did.... the law works on what it sees... and all it sees is a broken arms and bruised ribs... because of you.... and you got punished for it. Next time don't take the law into your own hands... show the law where to go.

It depends right thing or what I would do...

Right thing no...right thing would for you to call the cops ASAP and get his *** in jail

What I would do...Hell yes...Noone is gonna force anything on my girlfriend ESCPECIALLY while I am around!! Thats just wrong...

whut u did was wrong because ur getting punished and it will go on a record of some sort and ya know whut even tho he *raped* ur girlfriend that dosen't mean u pound the poop outta him its wrong and you know it and now u gotta pay the price i totally agree with tn it was wrong u shouyld have called the cops.:twitch: :lecture: :lecture:

I wouldn't really consider what you did was wrong, you was defending your girl,someone you love if you didn't defended her who knows what might have happen that day.

I consider that to be heroic and bravery standing up for someone you love, but ya know TN advise on calling the Police would be a good suggestion to at the time too.:)

Guest Voodookanaka
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

The right thing to do would have been to call the police on this as$hole. When yuo stoop low to result to violence you are just giving into their pressure... whether or not you were defending her... thats now how the law works.... you should have just called the police on this guy... they would have or SHOULD have done something... if they don't... you can sue them too.... what this guy did was inexcusable... so was what you did.... whether or not what he did was more wrong than what you did.... the law works on what it sees... and all it sees is a broken arms and bruised ribs... because of you.... and you got punished for it. Next time don't take the law into your own hands... show the law where to go. [/B][/QUOTE]

hahahaha u actually believe in the law? ur a rare one. they wouldnt have had the power to do anything, even if they could be bothered u dont have any sustainable evidence on him.

personally i never get involved with flirty or kind gfs coz u get nothing but trouble from guys.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]

hahahaha u actually believe in the law? ur a rare one. they wouldnt have had the power to do anything, even if they could be bothered u dont have any sustainable evidence on him.

personally i never get involved with flirty or kind gfs coz u get nothing but trouble from guys. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't paticularly believe in the law... but it IS the law that if you call the police for some type of harmful act being done, the HAVE to investigate to some extent.... if they don't thats against the law... I dunno about you but if the police came to my door and asked me questions about raping someone and I knew I had almost done it, I would be kinda scared... esspecially if I'm a kid... It would have been better had his girlfriend called... they tend to jump on rape cases fast... esspecially when it involves a minor... if she said she had almost gotten raped... they have no choice but to believe her and investigate.... Hell you should STILL have her tell the police.... I hate it when girls who get abused or raped and they sit there and do nothing.... You need to call someone with authority... these types of people (rapists) won't stop if you do nothing....

And yes, if some guy/girl tried to rape a boyfriend of mine, I'd call the cops... I'd have him call the cops... I'd have anyone else who knew about it call the cops... then if it happened at school I'd talk to the principal... and anyone else in charge.... I'd make that guys life a living hell if I had to... however witout resulting to violence... because you can look at this thread and see what violence accomplishes... You in trouble and not the other guy...

Guest Voodookanaka
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

I don't paticularly believe in the law... but it IS the law that if you call the police for some type of harmful act being done, the HAVE to investigate to some extent.... if they don't thats against the law... I dunno about you but if the police came to my door and asked me questions about raping someone and I knew I had almost done it, I would be kinda scared... esspecially if I'm a kid... It would have been better had his girlfriend called... they tend to jump on rape cases fast... esspecially when it involves a minor... if she said she had almost gotten raped... they have no choice but to believe her and investigate.... Hell you should STILL have her tell the police.... I hate it when girls who get abused or raped and they sit there and do nothing.... You need to call someone with authority... these types of people (rapists) won't stop if you do nothing....

And yes, if some guy/girl tried to rape a boyfriend of mine, I'd call the cops... I'd have him call the cops... I'd have anyone else who knew about it call the cops... then if it happened at school I'd talk to the principal... and anyone else in charge.... I'd make that guys life a living hell if I had to... however witout resulting to violence... because you can look at this thread and see what violence accomplishes... You in trouble and not the other guy... [/B][/QUOTE]

:(:bawl:

but u cant prove anything, its just 1 persons word.......
ive always thought it a waste of time nothing seems happen from my experience.

...........................................seeing as nobody here knows me i guess im all right to say this.....my best friend and my x-girlfriend have both been raped, and nothing has come of it, 1 through lack of evidence and the other took too long to report, like she was up to it in her state..................... :flaming:

the system doesnt work, life is unfair, in the newspaper last week a person i knew from school was said to have been stabbed to death, he was quiet and never said a word wrong to anyone, the police know who did it (hell i think everyone round here does) but they cant do anything because of the whole evidence bit

im going to go sulk for a bit :(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]

but u cant prove anything, its just 1 persons word.......
[/B][/QUOTE]

The law is always a person's word.... and evidence, but in some cases, a person's word... if there is a murder, and there is one witness... thats one person's word... how do yuo know if they are telling the truth?

Rape is something, that if you are going to report it, must be done quickly... so they can do an examination... if you wait, there won't be any evidence...

About your friend who was stabbed to death... depending on the situation, the police should do more investigation... if it's gang related, a lot of times they just throw it out the window... however if the stabbing was isolated, they should persue it till they can't any longer.

something you are not clear about. where this happend? did you see him trying to rape your girlfriend? if it was, you did perfectly right thing. few seconds could have change everything you know.

there's something strange..so if i see my lover getting harmed, i calmly walk to pay phone and call the police? while my girl is getting ****ed, i calmly ready to explain to police what would happend while police are coming? and after my girl is ****ed, i calmly go to her and encourage her to tell to the police..umm..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jeff [/i]
[B]something you are not clear about. where this happend? did you see him trying to rape your girlfriend? if it was, you did perfectly right thing. few seconds could have change everything you know.

there's something strange..so if i see my lover getting harmed, i calmly walk to pay phone and call the police? while my girl is getting ****ed, i calmly ready to explain to police what would happend while police are coming? and after my girl is ****ed, i calmly go to her and encourage her to tell to the police..umm.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ofcourse you don't sit there and let her get raped.... he didn't see him nearly rape her... as far as I know... she told him he did... in which case, thats when you call the police... usually rapes don't occur right in front of everyone.... esspecially someone's boyfriend.. thats just idiotic.... and if that were the case, you get the guy off, tie his *** up or beat him up if you want... anything to stop him... but thats a different situation....

well transic does have a point with the timing point....you don't go vigilante after the fact, it's different if you actually step into stop something and attacking someone after the fact.

but i have to add something transic, the reason most rapes don't get reported is the simple fact that rape victims are the only victims of any crime that are put more on trial than the perpitrators...

just my feelings...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by k9* [/i]
[B]
but i have to add something transic, the reason most rapes don't get reported is the simple fact that rape victims are the only victims of any crime that are put more on trial than the perpitrators...

just my feelings... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I know thats one of the reasons why... also, women sometimes feel it's their fault... for whatever reason... whatever the reason it is it's absolutely stupid.... if they aren't going to do anything about someone who basically took them over and intruded on their human right... then they deserve to live with the anguish and all the mental crap that comes along with it.... it may sound harsh but if women or hell, ANYONE who gets abused sexually, mentally, or physically, if they can't stand up for themselves and be strong by telling the police... then fine.... pathetic... some people are absolutely pathetic... It's just something I can't stand... maybe I don't understand it... but I don't see whats to understand... someone has sex with you without you wanting them.. and you sit there and let them... and then let them get away with it.... I think I understand enough...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]I would have done the same cause i kinda have a short temper so [SIZE=3]GOOD JOB![/SIZE] :D [/B][/QUOTE]

im always pissed off for some reason (even my dad calls me hot head) well if that were me....lets just say that guy would be on the ground in two seconds good job icey thats the right thing to do

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]First off, I'm extremely pissed off at the time so don't bother to IM me about it and give me the condoleneces. I'm sorry for the rudeness and I do appreciate them.

Now, would you think for yourself: Was it the right thing to do?? Cuz I think it was. [/B][/QUOTE]

You rule, man!! Hell yeah that was the right thing to do, more power to you!!! If i were you, I would have did more than that. I guess I was right: chivery is coming back and you just proved it!! You deserve my award for best man!!!

Well, if i saw this guy harassing my girlfriend, i would fight him. You can't just stand by and wag a finger at him saying
"when the cops get here, you're in big trouble boy!!", whilst your probably defenceless girl just had to cop it. I would fight him, no fear.

I don't think it was happening right in front of him... it happened, she told him, then he went to fight him....

I like how everyone here promotes violence.... no wonder kids these days are useless...

While it OBVIOUSLY wasn't the right thing to do, because if it were the right thing, HE would be in trouble and YOU wouldn't be doing community service.... if you think the right thing is to punish yourself then you are all morons... Sure you broke a few bones... bones heal, police records don't...

Hopefully the guy is afraid of you now. Which could be good and stop him from becomming psycho stalker guy.

Don't know you or your girlfriend, but I hope you trust her and this actually happend. One of my friends in high school liked to get her boyfriend all jealous and have him beat guys up. SO just be careful.

But is some guys bothering her, you shouldn't feel bad. Hell maybe she should have pounded him herself. That's what I would have done.

Gwen