OtakuBoards

Zelda:Gamecube

eleanor

[color=indigo]Ugh, not that rumor again... :cross: There is only one Zelda game for the GCN in development right now, and that's the cel-shaded one that was shown at E3... I read an interview with Miyamoto and he said he decided not to go with the realistic graphics; that means that there is no realistic Zelda, because he decided to go with the cel-shaded graphics instead. That, and making two games at once like that would be [i]very[/i] hard, trying to make them the same, but also trying to make one more realistic.

*sigh* ...If they made it look traditional, it would look like it does now... Go look at the picture I posted a couple posts back, that's what Link is supposed to look like in the original game. If they made it look traditional, Link would look like that, or close to it... Which he does... :rolleyes:[/color]

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=indigo]What do you think of them, then? Personally, I like the new cel-shaded look better than the realistic look like in OOT and MM. It reminds me of the old Zelda games, like A Link to the Past (my favorite). *gets nostalgic and starts drooling, thinking about the A Link to the Past remake being made for GBA* :drool:[/color]

[color=indigo]Yes, delays are annoying, but look at it this way: Would you rather have a good, long, enjoyable game and have to wait a bit longer, or have a rushed, shoddy game that's not very much fun to play, but without the delay?

Personally, I want them to take as much time as they need, to make the game as good as it can be. They did this with Ocarina of Time (I can't ever remember how many times it got delayed), and it turned out to be a very good game, even compared to the other Zelda games. As long as the GCN game stands up to the other Zelda games, I'll be happy, no matter how long it takes.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I love the new graphincs. I mean the fights look real because everytime you slash the sword, and it causes a spark you see it on the florr! Omg! Hee he he. Sorry just a major Zelda fan! I think its sooo cool, but when is it coming out I heard in August. Is that right?

I heard that it also was coming out in August. Hmmm. Must be getting wrong info. Oh well, I too was very glad to see such great graphics in this new game, Iwas always happy with the graphics in every Zelda game. God, it does bring back memories, Like I remember when I wanted the new Zelda game for Snes, A link to the past. LOL. I play it now and think what terrible graphics, but I thought Wow! When I first played it.

[color=indigo]I guess Miyamoto has achieved his goal, then! :) He had said he wanted to make this new GCN Zelda look like what he had wanted Zelda to look like from the start, so I guess if it reminds people of the first three, then it's what he's aiming for.

The cel-shaded graphics also remind me of the first three Zelda games, expecially A Link to the Past. I actually like the cel-shaded look better, now, after seeing the new screen shots from E3 2002![/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by sweetie_rei[/i]
[b]the movie????? What movie? I am stumped...[/b][/quote]
[color=indigo]Go [url=http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/av.jsp?gameId=823]here[/url] to download a trailer in either .mpg format, or .mov. It's the trailer that was shown at E3 2002, and it's the latest footage of the game.[/color]

I dont know if this is true, but i remember hearing something awhile back, this the cel-shaded zelda game is not the only zelda game for gamecube, but there will be another........Yes the video at spaceworld , the one with link fighting gannon(sp?) will be a game, probualy comeout a few years after the new cel-shaded game!

[color=indigo]GAH!!! NOT THAT RUMOR AGAIN!!! No, that is not true, there is only one Zelda game in development for the GCN, and that is the cel-shaded one. I [i]really[/i] wish people would stop bringing up this rumor time and time again. *bangs head on desk*

Gah... sorry... I'm just really tired of hearing that rumor... It's probably been brought up ten times or more since I joined OB... And, of course, I've been hearing it elsewhere, too. *mutters something under his breath about idiots who can't except the cel-shaded graphics, so they make up rumors about a realistic looking game*[/color]

Oh I can except the cel-shaded Zelda, infact I like it alot. Everyone thought Paper Mario was terrible at first but then figured out it was great!

Oh, well.....If that video at SpaceWorld wasnt the new Zelda game then what is it........::X-filies music plays::

Can everyone say Online Zelda.........jk

[color=indigo]That wasn't directed at you, it was aimed at the people that first made up the rumor about there being two GCN Zelda games. :)

And that Space World 2000 video wasn't anything at all... It was a tech demo, to show off the graphics of the GCN... True, the GCN Zelda did start out realistic looking before Miyamoto decided to go with the cel-shaded graphics, but that video wasn't from the actual game. It was just something they made up to impress the crowd.[/color]

That rumor still depends on who you talk to.

There were heavy rumors that NST was making Ocarina of Time for GC. People were pretty unclear on if it would be enhanced or not, but it was to include URA Zelda (which was completed for 64DD but never released). Planet Gamecube still insists this rumor is true to this day, and for whatever reason the game was put on hold despite it being in the testing stages. I tend to believe Dragona and Rick at PGC, so there might be some weight to that rumor.

BUT, the rumor that the old Spaceworld footage is anything is still total BS like Desbreko said.

I think an online Zelda would be the only Zelda game I'd never ever buy. Talk about ruining what a series is about...

I have to agree i've subscribed to Nintendo Power and i saw in the latest players pulse that almost everyone hates the new zelda game, but what ticks me off is that instead of somewhat agreeing with those people they kiss their own butts and say the game is wonderful and all this crap, i really hate the graphics and Link's head looks like a freaking football! And the enemies look like freaking teddy bears, The enemies should look intimidating like they did on the N64! That is what makes me so mad!!!!! I really hate to say this but i think Mr. Miyimato was hopped up on Saki when he came up for the new design of Link!

[img]http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/001505629.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/001505625.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/001505501.jpg[/img]

[img]http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/zeldagcbroll_052902_20.jpg[/img]

[img]http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/zeldagc_052102_1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/zelda/celda15.jpg[/img]

If you think those monsters look like cuddly teddy bears than you are nuts lol. If you don't like the style than that's cool with me. I like it a lot. Seems to me people that don't like things are always more vocal anyway, so I doubt anything anyone says to Nintendo matters to them. Japan loves it based on things I've seen, heard and read. And this is Miyamoto's game. I trust him with his own creations.