OtakuBoards

Zelda:Gamecube

eleanor

[color=indigo]Well, I'll look at screen shots and movies, but I don't think I'll be reading anything about it, either. I want to go in fresh, as far as the story goes, heh. Screen shots and movies can't tell you much in the way of the story, unless it's a movie of some big cut scene where it's telling about a big plot point or something like that... And those don't seem to pop up all that often.

Mainly, though, I've just been waiting for Nintendo to release some more official art for the game. I've seen them use a lot in graphics on the websites and in posters and stuff, but there's barely anything out there by itself.[/color]

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Japan's Famitsu gave Zelda four 10s, which has made it only the fourth game in the magazine's history to get that high of a score (Soul Calibur, OoT and Vagrant Story are the other three).

Ikichii from IGNboards posted this translation, it's going to sound funny either way though heh:

Grade: 10

"A level of astoundment that exceeds even that exhibited by the previous "Ocarina". Despite being a completely new and ground-breaking work, it's amazing how this title managed to retain everything that defines 'Zelda' to begin with. If you're looking for a new plane of visual expression in games, one different from both photorealistic and anime styles, it can be found right here. Also features a unprecedented depth of story and adventure within the series that takes place across an ocean. To sum up: this title is 100% zelda, and is an absolutely must-play title."

"Utilizing tone rendering as a catalyst of visual expression of sorts and combining it with the highest quality gameplay, game environments and production values, a a miraculous chemical reaction is created with this incredible title. It makes you realize once again that video games truly are the most superior form of entertainment out there. Whatever you do in within the game, it doesn't fail to entertain you in some way. Trust me when I say you won't fail to fall in the love with the world presented within this title."

"Any pangs of anxiety you might have in regards to the anime-like presentation of this game will vanish once you play this title, which will leave no doubts in your mind that this is truly Zelda. The emotions of the various characters come across with an unbelievable level of realism due through eye-based movements/expressions, and there are times when you'll find yourself extremely affected and even on the verge of tears. With a perfect level of difficulty in regards to both the puzzles and battles, this title rewards you immensely for playing it!"

"Whether it be the in-game events, puzzles, or presentation, you'll find yourself experiencing a range of human emotions from puzzlement to amazement. Everytime you pick up this title to proceed onwards in your quest, you'll discover an increased level of excitement. I swear to god I felt like a excited child picking up a videogame for the first time when I played this title. The new setup that allows even those who have never experienced the series to immediately feel right at home gets a huge thumbs up from me."

I just read it earlier this afternoon, and all it did was bring up my hype by 10 points.
Now, I'm off to make a wallpaper of Zelda art...

By the way, has anyone seen the US WW commercial? It's pretty good (but the downloadable version sucks). It's being shown with Harry Potter.

[color=indigo]I saw the commercial on TV awhile ago, and I also downloaded the one off zelda.com. It was okay, but I liked the Oracle of Ages/Seasons TV commercial more. It did beat the OOT TV commercial, though, which was short, and showed about three, one-second clips of gameplay, and that was the only good part in it.

It seems that GameStop is already reserving copies, too... I gotta got to the Software Etc. in our town! That pre-order bonus will be mine! :toothy:[/color]

You might want to watch out. Nintendo doesn't really want preorders to start til the official date, which is February 16th as of right now. They made EBgames.com pull down the information about the bonus games soon after it was posted.

I'm personally going to wait til I know exactly what is up, although I'd have to assume reserving this early will get you a copy no matter than the hell happened lol

[color=indigo]That's what I'd think, too. I mean, why would it matter how early they start pre-orders? And on GameStop.com, it said that if you reserved a copy, you'd be sure to get the pre-order bonus. So, yeah, I'd think the earlier the better, I don't see why Nintendo wanting them to wait would make a difference. It's not like people don't know about the bonus disc already, lol. And if they don't do that in the US, then it would matter even less, because it would just be the game itself.

So yeah, I just went ahead and put my $5 down to reserve a copy. I really don't see what could happen.[/color]

Ok, I think I got it. For sure the bonus deal is in America. But we have no idea when the official Pre-ordering dates for the bonus is? Is there anyone out there that knows? I think I'll go crazy if i don't find out soon... nevermind, to late. i emailed nintendo, but i believe that sites don't email back, so i asked for them to post it on their site. Hopefully the news will go there!

Annnnnnnnnnd....The spoilers are of!!!!
Ignore this post, unless you want to hear lots of joicy spoilers!

[spoiler]This game takes place 100 years after OOT, as you may already know. However, what you probably didn't know was that WW game is directly linked to OOT.
That's right! According to this game, people forgot about the Hero of Time, who saved both Hyrule and Termina. He, as the franchise title sugests, has become a Legend.
Fast foward 100 years. Now, the land of Hyrule is mostly flooded. Link and Zelda's descendants are about to face Gannondorf's threat.
As some may remember, he swore revenge on Link and Zelda's descendants. You do the math.
The game is divided in 3 acts:
ACT 1-Gannondorf's henchman, Thunderbird, kidnaps the pirate girl (Zelda's descentdant). She manages to escape, and ends up on Link's island. There, the bird accidentally ends up grabbing Link's sister. This begins Link's quest to reawaken the Temple of Time.

ACT2- When Link takes the Master Sword from the Temple. he breaks the seal put on Gannondorf, and he awakens. The years have weakened the sword, so Link gets his behind kicked.
I'm not completely sure of the rest, but it seems Link has to find all 8 broken parts of the Triforce of Courage, revive the Master Sword, and kick Gannondorf's butt.

ACT3- I haven't heard much of this part, except that someone (from Gamefaqs) found a scripture that said: "He who carries the mark of the Triforce will visit the Hyrule of the past."[/spoiler]

Also, here are some pictures of the game (with spoilers):
[url]http://www.cubenation.com/news.php#922[/url]

[color=crimson]Well, THAT clinchs it. I GOT to get a Gamecube now, just so I can play this game. Seriously, I have loved the Zelda series with a passion for as long as I can remember (though I missed out on the NES ones), and I DON'T want to miss out this time. And those pics confirm my thoughts on the animation. This is gonna be GORGEOUS.

*swoons from happiness*[/color]

[color=indigo]*refrains from reading spoilers* Must...resist...temptation! AAAGH!!! *feels like he's being torn apart* >_<

There is something I'd like to know, however. That is, where did you get the artwork that's in your banner, Smoky Joe? I've looked, but I haven't been able to find much official art that's not part of other graphics.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]*refrains from reading spoilers* Must...resist...temptation! AAAGH!!! *feels like he's being torn apart* >_<[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]*nods* You must resist this evil thingy. I did. Because I know how much spoilers spoil stuff..

..Anywho. Where did you pre-order your copy of The Wind Waker from? Gamestop.com? Do you know if I can pre-order it from any stores anywhere? 'Cause I bet this game'll be on everyone's... everyone's gamey list thing. Yeah. So it'll be really hard to get..[/size][/color]

Other than EB and Gamespot and all those; plus any random online game sellers like Smoky Joe mentioned... Normal department stores like Target or Best Buy or whatever else are supposed to start taking reserves in February.

I have no idea what European countries will be getting the game, but probably not for a while after. Datel is supposedly in the absolute final testing stages of the Freeloader now (it kind of sounds like problems with Interact might have been tying it up), so maybe all the European people can import the US version and not suffer so much longer heh.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Other than EB and Gamespot and all those; plus any random online game sellers like Smoky Joe mentioned... Normal department stores like Target or Best Buy or whatever else are supposed to start taking reserves in February.

I have no idea what European countries will be getting the game, but probably not for a while after. Datel is supposedly in the absolute final testing stages of the Freeloader now (it kind of sounds like problems with Interact might have been tying it up), so maybe all the European people can import the US version and not suffer so much longer heh. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Damn this damn country! Maybe I can import the US version, but I need to know more of this Freeloader product. What be it exactly, and what does it do?[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]I reserved my copy at Software Etc., which is pretty much the same as GameStop. (I think they're owned by the same company, or something). And yeah, you can reserve a copy at GameStop.com.

I haven't heard anything about a release date for Europe. Probably sometime in summer, though, if it comes out in March over here.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I reserved my copy at Software Etc., which is pretty much the same as GameStop. (I think they're owned by the same company, or something). And yeah, you can reserve a copy at GameStop.com.

I haven't heard anything about a release date for Europe. Probably sometime in summer, though, if it comes out in March over here.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Are there any peripherals for the GCN that allows you to play imported games? Because, if there are, I might go ahead and reserve a US copy of The Wind Waker.[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]Any official peripherals? No. Places on the net do sell mod chips that'll let you play imported games, though. I don't know if there's anything for playing US games on a European GCN, though. Haven't really had any reason to check, seeing as I live in the US, though.[/color]

The GC is very simple to mod, and places will add a switch on the console to play between US and Japanese games. Howver, this won't fix the PAL problem. I've read most PAL TVs in Europe have an NSTC option(NTSC? I get it mixed up) lately, and if yours does you're okay.

However, Freeloader supposedly will bypass all that PAL stuff completely, so you'll want to watch out for it.

As for the Zelda OoT disc,-if you preorder at EB now (online anyway), they will do one of two things. They will send it to you with Wind Waker when it comes out for no extra charge; or they will mail it to you around February 16th for an extra S&H fee. Not bad.

[B]The GC is very simple to mod, and places will add a switch on the console to play between US and Japanese games. Howver, this won't fix the PAL problem. I've read most PAL TVs in Europe have an NSTC option(NTSC? I get it mixed up) lately, and if yours does you're okay.

However, Freeloader supposedly will bypass all that PAL stuff completely, so you'll want to watch out for it.[/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]I'll have a check on our TVs, see if we have that option. Tony, do you have any idea when this Freeloader is coming out, or is it already out? I will have to wait until March otherwise. v_v[/size][/color]

IT's not out yet. It was supposed to be out a LONG time ago heh. Datel kept saying they needed more time to get it perfectly working... Then no one heard anything for a while, and kind of just assumed it was vaporware.

Then Datel announced they were no longer going to be working with Interact on Gameshark stuff, and that Freeloader was still coming. This was a couple weeks ago, maybe less. So yeah, it is coming. I'm not sure of when though heh.

[color=indigo]That is pretty good, for the bonus disc. I hope GameStop will do something like that.

I wonder if it matters that I reserved in the actual store, though. I'm thinking they'll probably just give it to me when I go and pick up The Wind Waker.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[B]Nintendo mails back and either gives a form letter or some sort of answer, if they are allowed to. Like I said, last I heard the official date is February 16th. [/B][/QUOTE]
They gave me a direct answer, so they're allowed to.

So, we can pre-order the game now if we want? i wasn't sure if a site i heard that from was true...

[color=indigo]Yes, you can pre-order it now. You can go to GameStop.com and pre-order it, and they'll ship the bonus disc to you when the official pre-orders start in February.

I'm not sure what they're going to be doing for in-store pre-orders. Hopefully we'll just be able to go in when the official pre-orders start and pick up the bonus disc.[/color]

well, that's what happened to me with the reservation i made of legacy of goku, I went in later and then they had the game card pack, so they gave it to me right then. so, they should do the same thing with this bonus disk. **crosses fingers.**