Flash Posted May 5, 2002 Posted May 5, 2002 ...For us people in New Zealand/Australia that is! *rolls on the floor laughing* Yup, we people down under (or up over, depending on which way you view the world map..) get to see NGE before the USA. :) Well, I've been a long time fan, and now I can finally see the anime I've heard so much about... And I can finally make my Misato shrine! XD So yeah, that's about all. Oh, I suppose any Aussies and Kiwis may want the Info... Well I'm pretty sure It'll be on 12:30am, May 11th/12th, on Adult Swim, CN... Yay. :)
~Mystical Pan~ Posted May 5, 2002 Posted May 5, 2002 NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >< *Sniffs* I WANT IT HERE TOO!! (thinks for a moment* no nevermind...pepole here are going to edit it badly..nevermind...>< lol dang amercians! lol
Transtic Nerve Posted May 5, 2002 Posted May 5, 2002 i seriously doubt it will ever be played in the United States... it would be way to controversial... The Christians Coillition and people against sex on TV would jump all over it...
XxmagentaxX Posted May 5, 2002 Posted May 5, 2002 that would be scary..... it would be pretty unairable here in the states... and parents would go crazy cuz parents are complete morons and just don't understand... and it is impossible to edit it for american people....
Kent Posted May 5, 2002 Posted May 5, 2002 i would almost say that was a cruel joke. i thought it was for us u.s.a. folks. oh well, guess ill have to wait a little more.
ZeroBlade Posted May 5, 2002 Posted May 5, 2002 I wouldn't be surprized if they never release NGE on cartoon network here in the states. It would be exactly what Transtic Nerve said... Even if they did, $10 says they change everything if not then it would have to be on adult swim. LOL, I remember they aired escaflowne on FOX and they cancelled it after 6 shows becuase parents think it was too 'scary':laugh:
Posthumous Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]...For us people in New Zealand/Australia that is! [/B][/QUOTE]Ooooooo cCome on thats sucks boo CN of america boo
~Mystical Pan~ Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]i seriously doubt it will ever be played in the United States... it would be way to controversial... The Christians Coillition and people against sex on TV would jump all over it... [/B][/QUOTE] OH so true...lol And if they tried, they would edit out all the good stuff! :D The'd have to edit e EEVERYTHING...they might as well do a whole new anime! lol
Tigervx Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 DANGIT! I MUST C IT! NOOOOO! im so sad that i cant see it and ive heard so much, :( and to scary? COME ON! its some mechs fighting each other. ive seen a comedy scarrier! and u know how the press would be on it " its got sex in it!" "to scary for TV!" "super evil anime on US screens! beware parents!" DONT THEY THINK OF THE CHILDREN? WHAT IF WE WANT TO WATCH IT? HUH? DO THEY THINK A KID WILL FIND A FUTURISTIC MECH AND KILL EVERBODY? i mean, thats just dumb!
Geist Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 Why wouldn't they air it here? Is it really that bad? :confused:
Guest Morph Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Although I have seen of all Evangelion, its one of my favorite animes, and I want more anime to air on television in the US, but they sell DVD's of Evangelion and some other animes, but I don't have a DVD player, and so what if my computer can play DVD's, I don't want it to... So what if my XBOX can play DVD's, I don't want it to... Because I'm stubborn -.-
Guest Altron Gundam Posted May 6, 2002 Posted May 6, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]...For us people in New Zealand/Australia that is! *rolls on the floor laughing* Yup, we people down under (or up over, depending on which way you view the world map..) get to see NGE before the USA. :) Well, I've been a long time fan, and now I can finally see the anime I've heard so much about... And I can finally make my Misato shrine! XD So yeah, that's about all. Oh, I suppose any Aussies and Kiwis may want the Info... Well I'm pretty sure It'll be on 12:30am, May 11th/12th, on Adult Swim, CN... Yay. :) [/B][/QUOTE] I finished watching it 2 years ago -_-; CN is gay...
Duo Maxwell Posted May 7, 2002 Posted May 7, 2002 you do realize it was on TV a few years back on the SBS.... the only reason I know is cause my friends taped it and were watcing it one time when I was over
Flash Posted May 7, 2002 Author Posted May 7, 2002 No I didn't know that... I don't live in the same hemisphere as you guys, let alone country... :P SBS? What's that?
Sephiroth Posted May 7, 2002 Posted May 7, 2002 FF, why so anxious to watch it when you know CN are going to cut the hell out of it, biblical references are scattered throughout the whole series, your going to be watching like, 5 minutes of each episode because they're going to cut it so bad, lol.... just buy the series on tape, £13.00 a genesis here in the UK, not too shabby I guess, but mind you, it is dubbed....
Duo Maxwell Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]No I didn't know that... I don't live in the same hemisphere as you guys, let alone country... :P SBS? What's that? [/B][/QUOTE] SBS it channel 28, 5 and 8 on my TV... it shows alot of foreign movies and shows. For example its the channel south park is played on tv in Australia (other than the comedy channel, for those with out any form of cable/sattelite). I also remember that bubble gum crisis was on SBS once... so uh.. I guess we do live in the same hemisphere...
Queen Asuka Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1]I'd be scared for it to be released on TV in America. It would be dubbed of course and badly edited and dumb little kids would be going around saying "Oh wow EVA rules! [insert dumb little kiddie voice here]" and it would just take away from the maturity of the show. I like it just where it's at just fine.[/color][/size]
BlueGender Posted May 8, 2002 Posted May 8, 2002 I saw the whole series on DVD at Best Buy the other day it was in a set for 109 bucks 4 weeks of saving and it will be mine!!!:demon:
Flash Posted May 11, 2002 Author Posted May 11, 2002 I just watched it, and... erm... Just... Wow... Can't wait 'till next week... So yeah, now all I have to do is d/l the sub of the first Episode and compare them, heh. But from what I could see it wasn't butchered... After all, we here in Aus/NZ have a better CN then you guys... :p Thank god FUNi didn't dub it. Shinji: Duh, my names Shinji! You guys wanna go have a barbeque or something 'cause nothing bad's gonna happen today, ha ha ha! That's right! Oh look, an Angel! And it's destroying a city! Hey, that's not very nice! Gosh darn it! Rats. Wow! Shucks! No way! Golly gee! etc, etc. Point is that this anime is the own, and I'm more then glad that I watched it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now