OtakuBoards

Fear my new computer with broadband internet!

Sephiroth

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sacred Warrior [/i]
[B]

I got DSL. It sucks!!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

*gasps*:eek: :eek:

You take that back right now! With DSL, you don't know the meaning of the word "Sucks" and "Internet" put together! Now my computer, one that can't even dial up. Now, that sucks.

Some people are so spoiled...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, somtimes, I've heard, that DSL actually DOES suck. My friend used to have DSL and itmessed up her computer SO MUCH. They never called anyone to fix the computer, and it's still a bit messed up.

Personally, I have no reason to want DSL. My internet connection is pretty fast. I don't know how fast, but it's fast.(i'm bad with computers, so i don't know how to find out how fast my internet connection is.)

And my sister's stuff came home today, and she's coming home monday, which means there's a scanner i can use! BWAHAHAHA!(now if i could only find an instruction manual.....)

P.S. They use dial up now.

Guest Shift
YES!!! I still win the computer thing except for the connection to the net. But on the comp itself I win!! I have a 120gig hardrive some other shiz and a Cannon BJC-3000 series printer. And a 52x cd-ROM drive!! *finds manual to get more stats*

Im getting cable real soon..I cant wait...my DSL just keeps freezing up on me...Its like I click one thing and I wait forever and then it says we cant find this page try again...I keep trying and it keeps saying that same stuff..its like I go into a huge circle.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sacred Warrior [/i]
[B]Im getting cable real soon..I cant wait...my DSL just keeps freezing up on me...Its like I click one thing and I wait forever and then it says we cant find this page try again...I keep trying and it keeps saying that same stuff..its like I go into a huge circle. [/B][/QUOTE]

If you DSL keeps freezing it means that there is sumthing wrong with you settings. I had the same problem some time ago and I called up my provider, Verizon. They told me my OS (I have windows ME) has reportly to have some problems with their network. So they gave me a certain IP address and changed some settings they told me. The results were incredible! On my slowest days I can download 10 k/s (but that happens rarely) and I can download as high as 90 k/s now. I suggest you call you provider and see what can you work out.

Actually, Feh, Seppy has Broadband........... Big difference between BB and DSL... Like about 400k per second...

God.......... I started out on a 28k on AOL 5.0, then went to 6.0 and 56k... then 7.0 came......... Bwahahahahahahahahah!!! DSL time... In any case, Seppy, you're comp ain't [i]that[/i] great... I had about 40 extra gigs (down to twenty seven), but some of my memory cards were faulty............ So bleh! I can still wipe the floor with your Sushi, even though I'm still on Windows 98... Once I get ME back, I'll more than likely get those 40 extra gigs back AND THEN SOME! 1 W1LL RUL3 J00 4LL! BW4H4H4H44H4H4H4HHHH44H4H444H4H!!!1!!11!1!

*takes Anti-l337 meds* Ok, I'm better now... :cross:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]I am perfectly fine with my DSL connection, on my p3, and XP

You just dont get better than a 1.5 up and down connection, thats cheap. Its almost a T3. [/B][/QUOTE]

Um - a T3 goes up to 45 mbps (that's megabits, not megabytes... just to clarify, since most people are ignorant to this anyway =P) and costs about 15,000 a month or so. A T1 is 1.5 up/down.

I still kick myself for getting a P4 when I did (last july) - I'll probably never buy another Intel processor =].

I remember using AOL 2.0 (yes, I should be killed for touching this retarded ISP) on a 2.4 kbps modem =]... Hmm.. yeah..

Sephiroth you two timin back stabin' (i wont go on)....... And i thought that i had the ultimate pc between us (mines like his minus the broadband internet)!! DAMN YOU!!

So, guess what, my pc has got a better name than yours.....ShogoD. (now im being childish)

ps- sushi is one of my nicknames in school! what a coincidence.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *-- RagnaroK--* [/i]
[B]Sephiroth you two timin back stabin' (i wont go on)....... And i thought that i had the ultimate pc between us (mines like his minus the broadband internet)!! DAMN YOU!!

So, guess what, my pc has got a better name than yours.....ShogoD. (now im being childish)

ps- sushi is one of my nicknames in school! what a coincidence. [/B][/QUOTE]

the real difference between my pc and yours is that my pc actually works, lol....

pc world really screwed you over with that pc, heck, GTA3 won't even work on it, at least it worked on mine, though something was wrong with the text, I didn't have time to get it sorted out nonetheless....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

oh, did I mention the modem for broadband internet is 512k? :smirk: oh I did? silly me, lol

I know exactly how slow 56k as I had it myself

well, enjoy pong since it's the only workable game on those laughable computers, bwahaha!

*goes to play deus ex, operation flashpoint, alien v predator 2, and counter strike* [/B][/QUOTE]
Well Mr.Sephybebbies man. My computer's just as fast apart from the broadband internet service. I name my computer, moogle, and sushi is edible. (*Sends moogle to eat sushi ^-^*)