Fall Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 lol, I can't find their album anywhere in stores here. >< Anywayz, who likes this band? They've recently released 2 new songs; "Alive" and "Youth of the Nation". I'm curious to see how many people like 'em. :D Plus, does anyone have their album? Should I spend the money on it?
Jesus Chicken Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 I respect your opinion, and I can say I have heard worse bands. Being a muso myself, I am intersted in everyones musical taste. give me your favourite band... I'll see if I can help you hehehe I, myself am not a fan.
Fall Posted May 29, 2002 Author Posted May 29, 2002 My favourite band is Creed, though I've got their albums.... ;) Can you give a reason why you don't like them?
DeathKnight Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [color=crimson]I dont like POD. I dont have a reason either. I just hate their music. -.-' it isnt my taste really. But thats just my opinon. ^^[/color]
Spikey Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [COLOR=darkblue]I like those two songs. But the other ones the lead singer just can rap. I have there CD. I think you should get it. I only like 3 songs though.[/color]
Sui Generis Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 You may like the CD its pretty good. I dun really care for P.O.D tho...its too I dun't know.....fake...I guess....some of the songs on there are pretty cool tho...:whoops:
BabyGirl Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [color=deeppink]If you like Creed, you'll like POD. For a while their CD was always in my car...I couldn't go anywhere without listening to it :p So basically I think it's a great album, though Youth of the Nation is overplayed and it's not even one of their better songs :whoops:[/color]
Kei Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 P.O.D. is okay. I just like those two songs you mentioned though, SS. I heard their album at a friend of mine's house. Again, it was okay.
Queen Asuka Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1]I like the old P.O.D. stuff, the songs they released before this latest album, like the song "School of Hard Knocks" or whatever it was called. And then the party techno song, too...it was pretty darn cool....but they're new stuff, Gawl, it is so overplayed and I hate that... -_-[/color][/size]
Guest Morph Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [size=1] POD is a pretty good band, I like their new song "Alive" its my favorite of their songs that they have out so far [/size]
Transtic Nerve Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 POD.... Pisses off Drunk People.... or no... Anyway... not a fan.... think they are fat.... and ugly... and nasty.... and yeah.... I'd rather watch a band of Sumo Wrestlers play music... oh wow.... I'm so gonna go do that now! lol j/k.... but yeah... Not a fan... although the first time I heard Youth of the Nation I thought it was good... but then I heard it 3 million more times and I think it sucks... really... I should blame the radio stations for my hatred of many bands.... if they overplay it, I just stop listening, and then everytime I hear a new song, all I hear is the same sh*t as the last....
Queen Asuka Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1]I agree with that TN, that's why I don't listen to the radio all that much. And maybe that's why I love my Grunge music so much...because they never play it, and I never hear it, therefore I never get tired of it. But I hate the way that over playing good songs can ruin good bands. They become Pop music...*shudders*[/color][/size]
Sui Generis Posted May 29, 2002 Posted May 29, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i] [B][color=crimson][size=1]I like the old P.O.D. stuff, the songs they released before this latest album, like the song "School of Hard Knocks" or whatever it was called. And then the party techno song, too...it was pretty darn cool....but they're new stuff, Gawl, it is so overplayed and I hate that... -_-[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Yes I agree with you their old stuff was MUCH better....I love "School of Hard Knocks"
RicoTranzrig Posted May 30, 2002 Posted May 30, 2002 They're good, but I'm not really a fan of POD. I have their CD which is pretty good throughout...this time they're more concentrated towards metal than hip-hop...though I wish they'd make up their minds. My favorite song in their new release is Boom followed by Satellite.
amibasuki Posted May 30, 2002 Posted May 30, 2002 I like POD well enough. I don't listen to 'em much, but they're decent, I guess.
Fall Posted May 30, 2002 Author Posted May 30, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i] [B]They're good, but I'm not really a fan of POD. I have their CD which is pretty good throughout...this time they're more concentrated towards metal than hip-hop...though I wish they'd make up their minds. [/B][/QUOTE]On their website it says they're "Christian Rock"..... :drunk: Don't ask me what that is, never even heard of it.
Jesus Chicken Posted May 30, 2002 Posted May 30, 2002 Christian Rock!!! ahahahaha! so you're a fan of POD. na if you're into rock, in my opinion there are alot of better rock bands. Do you like the Smashing Pumpkins?
Fall Posted May 30, 2002 Author Posted May 30, 2002 Never heard of them.... who cares if they're "Cristian Rock"? Their songs are still pretty good....
Jesus Chicken Posted May 30, 2002 Posted May 30, 2002 Yeah, I don't mind them. what other bands do you like?
Fall Posted May 30, 2002 Author Posted May 30, 2002 Creed is mostly the only other band I like..... though I used to like Backstreet Boys for a while aswell.
Jesus Chicken Posted May 30, 2002 Posted May 30, 2002 ahh I see, well if you like creed, you would like pearl Jam. creed are a band based on pearl jam.
Fall Posted May 30, 2002 Author Posted May 30, 2002 What do you mean "based" on Pearl Jam? Like.....the same, or something? I've only heard one of Pearl Jam's songs, and it was pretty good too....
Guest Morph Posted May 30, 2002 Posted May 30, 2002 [size=1] Smashing Pumpkins is a pretty decent band, but this isn't the place for it... Christian Rock!? What?! No way...[/size]
RicoTranzrig Posted May 31, 2002 Posted May 31, 2002 Chrisitan Rock is bacically music focused on the Gospel. It's good because most of it is positive. Creed and P.O.D. are two examples...though Creed doesn't say if they're a chrisitan band or not. POD's songs like "Bullet the Blue Sky" and "Satellite" show that they are talking about God.
Guest Jabroni3:16 Posted May 31, 2002 Posted May 31, 2002 I do like POD, while they aren't my favorite band. But i like how they are bringing such a positive message to the masses through their lyrics. I for one agree with what they are trying to sell. When "SouthTown" made it on TRL i was really surprised, now they are regulary being played on MTV and the radio (apparently too much so, but that's true for any popular song or group). I hope this makes a trend for more "Christian Rockers."
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now