OtakuBoards

Bush - What a great public speaker!

Guest cloricus

here's my opinion, he just wants to be known,.... like, a big thing in the history books.... he's like, expecting to start a war and lose to it. Bin laden,... please shoot this man,.... if he does kill bush, he's not a terrorist, he's a hero.... NO WAY!! Just kidding.... please don't take this personally.
i wish bush would die and take his little friend dick with him...
LOL, I was JUST KIDDING!!, But still... good public speaker? sheesh, whatever.
korea is so close to unification,
many countries, thanks to clinton stopped fighting, but ever since bush showed up, well, whaddya know..
and I can't believe this, why start another war when he could make peace???? lord, i do not understand ppl these days....

-but of course, he's not that bad of a guy. I've seen MUCH worse.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not trying to defend bushes actions. Some are good some are bad. But man, your wishing him to die because you dont agrea on the same thing, then your saying if a man who is responsible for killing thousands of innocent people, is a hero if he kills another one. Thats sickening...And make peace instead of war? How do you make peace with a man like Bin Laden? Your little Bin Laden comment was not funny. It was disrespectful to everyone who died by his or any other terrorists hands. Your sick.

Guest Shift
[size=1][color=crimson]BUSH IS STUPID...cough cough

Those were all said! He suck as a public speaker!

"These evil people are just plain evil"

What the hell is up with that?

BTW: OMG Manick is about to post![/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson]BUSH IS STUPID...cough cough

"These evil people are just plain evil"

What the hell is up with that?

BTW: OMG Manick is about to post![/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm mabye we should ridcule you?

That was not a complete sentence. and you forgot the s and the end of suck. But your not perfect right you just made a mistake while typing right? Well Bush ain't perfect either. Just because he said some things that don't make all the sense in the world doesn't mean that the world is going to freakin end. Quit trying to ridicule him for every little thing he does wrong. You guys need to get a life. Why don't we moniter you and pic out every little thing you do wrong. Then overly critize you? Let the man do his job because as it was said before you trying running America.

Guest Shift
[size=1][color=crimson]So what if I suck at stuff like spelling? I don't mind! Hell I make fun of myself!

And somebody does monitor and critisize every thing I do!

*hides from Nerdsy and Cruiz*[/size][/color]

So what if I suck at stuff like spelling? So what if Bush does? Doesn't mean he's stupid. Take me for example. I get As and Bs in all subjects except Spelling. In spelling I got a D+ don't make me stupid.

And tell me is it annoying when Nerdsy and Cruiz nitpick everything you do?

Guest Shift
[size=1][color=crimson]Nope it's rather painful!! Muhahhah Nerdsy almost gave me a concussion![/size][/color]

[quote]It is titled[/quote]... This is commonly or has been used by everyone. So if you call him stupid because of this statement, you must call yourself stupid.

[quote]"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."[/quote]Actually, they do... if you can prove otherwise, I'd like to know.

[quote]If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."[/quote]Well, we could either succed, fail, or neither.. so the problem is?

[quote]"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." [/quote] One word, prepared.

[quote]"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future." [/quote]Look up the word 'in'. Research its connotation and this will make sense. This word does not have just one meaning, as is true for many words in the English language. In this tense, he is 'ensuring' a good future. I'm not sure if you have the capability of understanding that or not.

[quote]"The future will be better tomorrow." [/quote]Yes, because it can't be better today or yesterday.

[quote]"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world." [/quote]Most definitly.. We have the most American people (there are some abroad), and out of those, (in all probable likeliness) the greatest few will most likely exist.

[quote]"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." [/quote]Good for him.

[quote]"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe." [/quote]We [i]are[/i] a part of europe. There IS american soil in europe. (Ambassador places, military places). Also, we have a good deal to say about political decisions in iraq.. etc..

[quote]"Public speaking is very easy." [/quote]Yea, I think so too Mr. Bush.

[quote]"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." [/quote] Obviously, what else could it be?

[quote]"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." [/quote]An event may or may not occur. For instance, I may goto the store, or I may not. The event of where I am at a specific moment in time will always exist. Whether that event is going to or not going to the store is unforeseen.

[quote]"For NASA, space is still a high priority." [/quote]www.nasa.gov, all the way at the bottom, on the left. [quote]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigating NASA's Strategic Enterprises
Aerospace Technology
Biological and Physical Research
Earth Science
[/quote](to name a few)

[quote]"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."[/quote]I cannot refute the grammar of 'teachers'. However, his statement is an opinion. I don't personally believe it, but it IS an opinion.

[quote]"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." [/quote]Very true. Pollution causes impurities in the air and water. The impurities in turn harm the environment. [url]http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=Pollution[/url] .. , read the top three definitions out of the four.

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system." This is a obviously a mistake on his part. 'enter' should be 'traverse'.

[quote]Packies is a Racist word?[/quote]
I don't believe it is a racist word either. I've never even heard this term before.. Urdu is spoken in Pakistan. Are they even called the 'Pakistan' people in Pakistan?

Hmm.. only had trouble with two of those...... must mean something.

For a person to ridicule a person's grammar because he represents the opposing party represents a bit of emotional insanity and selfish ambition. This sort of chain mail represents this attitude. Be wise, be smart, and be knowledgeable on topics regarding political events. Before you comment on the world of politics, you should heed this advice.

Guest Shift
[size=1][color=crimson]OMFG!! Manick posted! And it was really damn long too!

*thinks about taking after Manick's traits*

O GOD NO... O HELL NO!!! Though he does make some since![/size][/color]

[color=royalblue]Manick, that was really ...really stupid. lol

Bush's statements there were so poorly worded that you wonder if he ever learned English at all.

In any case, I think he's only human...every person has their failings in life. His is just that he knows nothing about English. lol

But I think he's been an adequate President...not really good...but not horrible either.[/color]

See, its all a matter of perception. If you want to think a certain way, you will. This guy is screwed from the start, as most everyone I speak too thinks the same way about him. A man does not sit on his butt all day and eat candy corn and become the president of the United States. Bust worked hard, and I support him for that..

PS, oh, and why was that stupid, I was just pointing out another [i]perception[/i] ;)

[color=royalblue]Yeah, but you can't take Bush's comments and perceive them the way you did...and expect that people won't laugh at you. lol

The comments listed above were just really, really stupid ones...

And I'm not saying that he didn't work hard. Of course he did.

Bush is only "screwed from the start" because he has allowed himself to be perceived that way, largely because of his poor public speaking.

But really, most people will be able to look at his policies and see where his politics are. For the most part though, he's definitely Cheney's puppet. Cheney is the [i]real[/i] backbone of the Administration.[/color]

[quote]Yeah, but you can't take Bush's comments and perceive them the way you did...and expect that people won't laugh at you. [/quote]

Yea, I figured that would happen.. he isn't that smartest one, I believe that already, but I thought it was kinda fun being able to refute all but two of those statements with simple, possible, (however unlikely it may be) explanations.. I mean, you gotta admit.. some of those make some sense.

[color=royalblue]Well, they all make sense of course...in the senset that we know what he's [i]trying[/i] to say. They don't need any interpretation.

The point is really the way he tried to make his points...by kind of overlapping things and making contradictory comments etc etc

I think that is what people find funny...it's not really an issue of people not understanding his actual message.[/color]

Well I've understood his message every time--like you said--everyone understands. So the soul reason people do it is to poke fun at the leader of a nation? Would they do it if he was to be any other person? It wouldn't be as rough, I do believe, but depending on the person it would happen. One of the unfortunate things with a modified-free-society is how the change of power affects everyone. Thank the Lord it hasn't gotten violent. One question, with the nature of discussion in mind--if you had to decide how to fix it... how would you approach the situation of ridicule such as this towards bush which (in some people's opinions) does not belong? Hypothetically speaking of course?

[color=royalblue]Well, I don't think it matters [i]who[/i] the person is.

People are critical of his lack of English knowledge and skill -- but they don't necessarily know him personally. It doesn't matter who the person is at all...if it were a Democrat who couldn't string two words together, people would still complain.

People are going to pick up on these things. And people who are good with English are perhaps going to feel that they have someone of "inferior intelligence" running the nation. I can understand the reservations, even though I don't really support them.

I don't ridicule President Bush at all...because I don't think it is constructive or intelligent.

Rather, I judge Bush based on the message of his speeches and on his politics. So far, it's a mixed bag. He's done some good things in terms of engagement in foreign policy...but he also has a lousy enviornment and fiscal management policy. So for me, it balances out somewhat.[/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Actually, in relative terms, most civilisations such as the Mayans, Aztecs, Hitties etc had better rulers than today. They knew what they were doing. Either they went to war, or they worship their gods. And both of those things they did perfectly. It's only by complicating what a leader needs to do that you get bad, or slightly bad, or downright useless leaders. Not that that is really relevant, but still.[/font][/color]

I still dont think you can say that their leaders where, in all aspects, "Perfect". They may have been close to perfect on the Religous side, but like with the Aztecs, you cant call their war efforts perfect. They did not put enough emphasis on scientific part of war, and they where destroyed by the Spaniards. To me when a civilization gets wiped out(well close to it) by an opposing force, it was not perfect.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lilac oranges [/i]
[B]ppl. calm down, ever heard of laughing? it wasn't posted to offend ppl. we all say strange things and if you can't laugh at stuff that gets said then take a few deep breathes *in, out, in, out* and CALM DOWN! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]...actually, I thought that the first post sparked a nice little discussion. I'd rather have an intelligent conversation about something than just laugh about it...it stimulates your mind that way :p[/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Amphion, you missed the key word in my post. Relative. Of course the Aztecs would lose to the Spaniards. You know? Smallpox. That's why the Spaniards won. Not actually because they had better weaponry. They were actually starting to lose before the Aztecs become infected. The Aztecs were annihilating them in the jungles.[/font][/color]