OtakuBoards

Bush - What a great public speaker!

Guest cloricus

Guest cloricus
This is spam but it has to be said.
A new york reporter went or all of George W. Bushs' speakes and picked out all of these. [This guy is running america by the way...]

It is titled -
George W. Bush - The greatest public speaker that ever lived........

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
- George W. Bush

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
- George W. Bush

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
- Governor George W. Bush

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"Public speaking is very easy."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cloricus
Yes I got it tonight as well.
I traced it back because I thought it was normal chain junk, but it is true.
Each of these statements did happen.

Also alley catt any thing you want to ask of a person in a thread you should pm them.

[quote][I]Originally posted by Renee[/I]
Ye Gods, we're all going to die![/quote]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]For those that know me... At last someone agrees with me! (reasons irrelevant)

I'd really like to compound the stupidity in that by pointing out that most of the time politicians don't write their own speeches. So either he's idiotic enough to right that, or too idiotic to realise it's wrong when he reads it. Which means that two people are idiots. Either way, rejoice in the affirmation of my belief in the sutpidity of the human race.[/font][/color]

Guest cloricus
I would like to point out that a team of people wright that stuff, but bush some times "adds" thing to them so you never know who did it. Also he has had different people wright his speeches over the years so that's a large number of stupid people in high places.

I would now like to finish with this -
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
One of my favortes.

ive gotta say that its rediculus for a person who spells writes as wrights and a few others who dont even live here to say hes the ruler;hes a pres. democraticly elected none the less. well, yea its a one in a million for someone on the boards to stick up for bush. im willing to, im also willing to argue politics with anyone for hours. of course to argue with me youve got to be an opposition player and there fore not a republican that lives in america. also, if anyone wants to challange me with these statements, 1 rule, you must know what your talking about. ut-ho looks like theres gonna be no debate im taking part in.
also, with errors, (alleged) it just goes to show bush isnt scared to run out of the politition lines that bind sleezy people to reading from a card or just spitting out what his advisors say. bush is willing to go from the cuff and hes willing to say what he thinks not stuff like whats political correct. i respect him. and for the most part i cant say that for a bunch of you. sorry.
i also ask that someone closses this spam just to save me the endless hours of defensive writting.

Some of you are being a little unfair. Just because Bush is not gifted at public speaking, doesn't mean that he is an [I]idiot.[/I] In fact, he's pretty intelligent.

As Governor of Texas, he worked with the Legislature to increase funding for community-based services by more than $1.7 billion, a 72 percent increase since the time he first took office.

Furthermore, his record in Texas exemplifies in concern over people with disabilities. For instance, he directed the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to conduct a comprehensive review of all services and support systems available to people with disabilities in Texas and make recommendations on how Texas can improve its programs for people with disabilities.

The list of things he did to make life easy for people with disabilities in Texas goes on and on.

Bush might not be the most intelligent president we have ever had, but he's certainly not an idiot that's going to turn the United States upside down in a four year time span.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alley Catt [/i]
[B]Yep. Bush is an idiot. presidents are what destry the world. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink][i]You[/i] run our country then.

[quote]"You can make all of the people like you some of the time, you can make some of the people like you all the time, but you can't make all of the people like you all the time."[/quote]

Clearly this quote sums up my point...let me know if elaboration is needed.[/color]

[color=royalblue]
Geez, so the man makes a lot of mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, especially with speeches. I know he makes more than...a normal person...but c'mon, as BG said, [i]you[/i] try running America. For the love of god, stop laying into him.
[/color]

I dont see how the man handles public speaking effects the way he runs the counrty. Maybe he is the nervous type. I know when I have to do public speaking i get nervous.

Everyone one says stupid stuff sometimes. Think back and try to remember some stuff you said that did not make sense. Whats the difference in us saying something stupid and the President saying something stupid? He is not supposed to be perfect. things like that just get noticed more cause he is always watched by the media and other people. Al Gore said some stupid stuff, Bill Clinton said stupid stuff, Bushes father said stupid stuff. I just fail to see the point of this post...

Bush seems to me like that simple-minded, but good-hearted type of person. He's not a moron just because he isn't an elite intellect (though I admit I certainly wouldn't [i]mind[/i] if one of those was to run our country...). A LOT of people aren't gifted orators. It helps one's position, but it doesn't hurt as long as their actions make up for it.

I'm not a very well spoken person, but I still consider myself somewhat intelligent. Truthfully, I think Bush is doing a good job. Just imagine, if Gore had won the election, we'd all be in war already...

[font=gothic][color=crimson]A few people seem to have pointed out that everybody makes mistakes in public speaking. I would like to point out in turn that we laugh at all of them as well. This isn't a unique thread.

And as for running the government... If someone here wants to get my educated, trained and elected, I'm up for it.[/font][/color]

Guest cloricus
Mist I think if you remember Bush was the one that likes wars not gore [gore is strongly anti-war] and arn't you at war now?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Some of you are being a little unfair. Just because Bush is not gifted at public speaking, doesn't mean that he is an [I]idiot.[/I] In fact, he's pretty intelligent.

As Governor of Texas, he worked with the Legislature to increase funding for community-based services by more than $1.7 billion, a 72 percent increase since the time he first took office.

Furthermore, his record in Texas exemplifies in concern over people with disabilities. For instance, he directed the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to conduct a comprehensive review of all services and support systems available to people with disabilities in Texas and make recommendations on how Texas can improve its programs for people with disabilities.

The list of things he did to make life easy for people with disabilities in Texas goes on and on.

Bush might not be the most intelligent president we have ever had, but he's certainly not an idiot that's going to turn the United States upside down in a four year time span. [/B][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Also, you all do know that George Bush doesn't write his own speaches right? [/B][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]I dont see how the man handles public speaking effects the way he runs the counrty. Maybe he is the nervous type. I know when I have to do public speaking i get nervous.

Everyone one says stupid stuff sometimes. Think back and try to remember some stuff you said that did not make sense. Whats the difference in us saying something stupid and the President saying something stupid? He is not supposed to be perfect. things like that just get noticed more cause he is always watched by the media and other people. Al Gore said some stupid stuff, Bill Clinton said stupid stuff, Bushes father said stupid stuff. I just fail to see the point of this post... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]All this is exactly my point. Bush is a good president. A bad one would have just started launching nukes after september 11th.[/b][/color]

gore may be strong against war. but, in the administration he served as v.p. for, a new record was set; no joke, the army was deployed more times in that administration than any other presidents terms. its no joke.
and more over, they never accomplished anything but getting americans killed by not funding them properly.
i say that atleast bush is willing to stick up to these punks all over the world. hell, have you ever heard of campaign finance reform. if you have, try and tell me why a reasonable person wouldnt vote for gore. if theres no answer to that ? soon i will come back and answer it.

Guest cloricus
I was under the impression that more of the world thought America was the "punk" here?

Why can't America stop all the things it's doing around the world like sanctions on Iraq, if they wanted to be saved from an oppressive regime they would rebel.
So far they have done no such thing. That is how they live, accept it.
America keeps on try to "help" they countries when they don't need or want it.

Well, america does like to stick its nose in places it should not be. But I think alot of the things we do does help. And like with the people in Yugoslavia and Iraq. Theres no chance for them to put up a resistence, Its more of the minorities of the counrty where trying to save. Its like if America was exterminating Muslims. Do you think their are enough Muslims in America to put up a resistence? Well obviously not. Thats the kinda problem there having in Yugoslavia and Iraq. We have tried helping out that rebel group in Iraq, but they are just not strong enough.

I dont think America is a "Punk". I do think we over step our bondaries from time to time, but at least we try to help. We are one of the wealthiest nations in the world. I think we should do all we can to help less fortunate nations, like Afganistan(sp?) That place barley has an erect building in the country. It would be stupid for us to sit back and not try and do anything for the 3rd world countries. Were are criticised for helping, but if we sat back and did nothing we would be criticised for not helping too.

And about what you said, Cloricus at the end of your post. Ask anyone of the families of the ones slaughtered in Yugoslavia or Iraq or Kuwait if they wanted our help? They do need our help.

-edit-

Packies is a Racist word? I dont think its racist, they may not like being called that but that doesnt make it a racist word. A racist word is like the N word that White people gave blacks that was a demeaming word. The whites used in away that they where superior to the blacks as a race. Im sure Bush was not saying Whites or whatever is superior to Pakistany people. So I dont think its a racist word more of a demeaning word. I dont thing anyone would consider Yankee a racist word....