OtakuBoards

Gym Leaders

Imp

Which gym leader is the easiest to beat?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which gym leader is the easiest to beat?

• Brock
    • Misty
    • Lt. Surge
    • Erika
    • Koga/Janine
    • Sabrina
    • Blaine
    • Giovanni/Blue
    • Falkner
    • Bugsy
    • Whitney
    • Morty
    • Chuck
    • Jasmine
    • Pryce
    • Clair

Were the gym leaders you battled hard or easy? What Pokemon did you use to beat them? Did you lose to any of them?
Here are my experiences with the gym leaders:
Difficulty scale:
:laugh: so easy I died laughing
:bellylol: sort of easy
:p so-so
:nope: sort of hard
:faint: so hard I almost fainted

Yellow:

Brock: :;laugh: Easy. I just used my Butterfree and it defeated Geodude and Onix with Confusion.

Misty: :;laugh: This one was easy because in yellow, you start out with Pikachu, which is good against water Pokemon. I didn't even need Bellsprout or Oddish!

Lt. Surge: :;laugh: This was so easy I can't believe it! Lt. Surge only has a Raichu, and I beat it easily with a Diglett. One Dig and it fainted!

Erika: :;bellylol: I don't know why I didn't use Charmeleon, but I did use Golbat! He KO'd all three Pokemon by using Leech Life.

Koga: :;faint: Actually, Koga was hard to beat. Especially Venomoth. I lost once to him. On the second try, Pikachu barely beat his Venomoth with a Quick Attack.

Sabrina: :;faint: Hard, very hard. Abra was an easy opponent, but Kadabra KOd four of my Pokemon with a Psychic attack. Vaporeon beat him but then lost to Alakazam. Then all my Pokemon fainted. On the second try, Golbat barely beat Alakazam by using Confuse Ray and then Wing Attack. Weird--Golbat is a Poison-type!

Blaine: :;bellylol: Easy; I just used my Vaporeon.

Giovanni: :P Butterfree and Vaporeon did fairly well in the battle, and my Nidoking did okay against Nidoqueen. All three Pokemon worked together to defeat him.

Silver:

Falkner: :P My Geodude beat him pretty easily.

Bugsy: :;bellylol: Again, my Geodude did all the work.

Whitney: :;faint: Five of my Pokemon lost to Miltank, but Geodude barely beat her and only had 3HP left! I definitely needed a Pokemon Center after that battle!

Morty: :;bellylol: Pretty easy--Kadabra and Drowzee were good against Morty's ghosts.

Chuck: :;laugh: I beat him so easily with Hypno that I rolled on the floor laughing!

Jasmine: :;nope: Hard. I lost to her on the first try, but my Gyarados beat her later.

Pryce: :;bellylol: Magmar and Kadabra were good there--Gyarados beat Piloswine like he was nothing!

Clair: :;nope: Clair was pretty hard, but when Kadabra beat Kingdra, my spirits lifted.

Lt. Surge: :;laugh: Easy--electric attacks didn't affect my Graveler!

Sabrina: :;laugh: Sabrina was surprisingly easy to beat--my Lugia KO'd all three of her Pokemon with an Aeroblast.

Erika: :;laugh: My Magmar beat all her Pokemon so easily that I can't really describe the battle.

Janine: :;laugh: Easy, easy, easy. Janine's Pokemon's levels were in the 30s!

Blaine: :;bellylol: I didn't have Gyarados with me, but Lugia did perfectly well. Graveler was good too.

Blue: :;faint: Dang, Blue is hard to beat! I lost to him once! My Pokemon had to work together to beat him.

Misty: :;laugh: I didn't find Misty after a while, but when I did, I creamed her Pokemon with my Meganium! Kadabra helped as well.

Gold:

Falkner: :bellylol: I used my Pidgey, and he beat Falkner's Pidgeotto quite easily!

Bugsy: :laugh: Good thing I chose Cyndaquil! Cyndaquil beat all of Bugsy's Pokemon easily.

Whitney: :faint: Same problem as Silver. I lost to Whitney twice, but on the third try, I beat her with my Machop.

Morty: :bellylol: I couldn't use my Machop, so Kadabra had to finish the battle all by himself.

Chuck: :bellylol: Chuck was easy; Pidgeotto beat his Poliwrath because Poliwrath's Dynamicpunch kept missing. I didn't even have to use Kadabra!

Jasmine: :faint: Jasmine was HARD! After losing to her, I evolved my Machop. That worked--Machoke beat Steelix on the second try!

Pryce: :bellylol: Easy--Quilava and Kadabra beat him easily.

Clair: :faint: I lost to Clair three times! After that, I beat her with my Butterfree.

Lt. Surge: :laugh: Golem beat him easily.

Sabrina: :nope: Sabrina was hard to beat! Four of my Pokemon lost to Espeon, but Ho-oh and Alakazam beat her other two Pokemon.

Erika: :laugh: Grass Pokemon were no match for my Typhlosion! Alakazam also helped.

Janine: :laugh: Silver was right--Janine is easy to beat! It's so easy I can't describe the battle!

Misty: :bellylol: Even though I had two fire Pokemon, Misty was easy. Butterfree starred in this battle.

Blaine: :bellylol: I had to fight fire with fire against Magmar (I used Typhlosion) when my Starmie fainted, but Starmie beat his other two Pokemon.

Brock: :laugh: Starmie, Alakazam, and Butterfree beat all of Brock's rocky Pokemon with a single attack.

Blue: :nope: Blue was hard! I lost to him but beat him the same way Silver did.

Crystal:

Falkner: :P In the middle of the battle, Onix disobeyed my orders, so I had to beat Pidgeotto with my Totodile.

Bugsy: :P Onix still wasn't listening. Hoothoot and Spinarak managed to defeat Scyther.

Whitney: :P I was really surprised by this battle! Gastly beat both of her Pokemon, even though the battle with Miltank took forever.

Morty: :laugh: The Alakazam I got in a trade was a big help in this battle. Gengar didn't even have a chance to use Shadow Ball!

Chuck: :bellylol: WHAT?! Alakazam lost to Poliwrath? That's impossible! How can a Psychic lose to a Fighter? Even though Alakazam fainted, Drowzee and Gastly beat Chuck's Pokemon easily. They both evolved right after the battle, quite amazingly.

Jasmine: :bellylol: Would you look at that? I got Gold's Ho-oh in a trade to use temporarily during the battle, but I didn't need him! Steelix and Feraligatr beat all three Pokemon easily!

Pryce: :bellylol: Alakazam and Feraligatr were good against all three Pokemon; no wonder I won so easily!

Clair: :P My Pokemon had to work together to beat Clair's Dragons; Feraligatr and Hypno both knew Ice Punch!

Lt. Surge: :laugh: You should have seen the look on Lt. Surge's face when my Steelix came out!

Sabrina: :P This battle was so-so; Steelix didn't do too well, but Hypno beat her first two Pokemon quite easily. I even used my Alakazam against her Alakazam, and mine won! They were at the exact same level too!

Erika: :laugh: Erika was easy--I just used Xatu and all was well.

Janine: :laugh: Easy--I used a different Pokemon every time one of Janine's Pokemon fainted.

Blaine: :laugh: My Feraligatr squashed Blaine's fiery Pokemon like little bugs!

Brock: :P My Xatu used Solarbeam to KO Brock's first three Pokemon but then lost to Kabutops. Alakazam had to finish the battle.

Misty: :bellylol: Misty was easy--Xatu's Solarbeam and Alakazam's Thunderpunch did the trick.

Blue: :nope: Blue was hard to beat, but we came through. Steelix almost beat Pidgeot but then got hit by a Whirlwind. My Feraligatr popped out, and just barely beat him. Then he lost to Alakazam. My Alakazam just barely beat Blue's Alakazam, but then lost to Gyarados. Hypno came out and beat Gyarados. Then she beat Arcanine and Rhydon. I switched to Xatu and beat Exeggutor with him. The battle was over, and we completed our record of never losing to a single gym leader. The ONLY battle I ever lost in Crystal (besides the Battle Tower; I lost there many times) was to Karen, the fourth member of the Elite Four.

[color=indigo]I'd have to say Blaine was the easiest for me, in both Yellow and Gold... In Yellow I used my Blastoise through all but two of the other trainers in the gym, and then beat Blaine without even having to use a Potion.

In Gold, I beat all of his Pokémon in one hit (except for one, when I used really weak attacks against it, just to see how much damage it'd do since he hadn't gotten an attack off the whole fight up to that point), using my Lapras and Graveler.

The hardest gym leader in Gold (don't remember much from the gym fights in Yellow, been too long) had to have been Clair... Simply because none of my Pokémon had a single ice type attack... I ended up having to use a TM, to teach my Gyarados this weak ice attack (don't remember what it was called) in order to beat her. Now, if one of my Pokémon had known Ice Beam, then it would've been easy...[/color]

I would say Bugsy.His Scyther was a challange a little bit.Because he survived only 2 ATTACKS!!!!While the other only had 1 attack of my furious quilava or cyndaquil.Even quilva or cyndaquil was 1 level lower than scyther but still whupped his butt.The hardest would be Gary.He creamed almost all of my pokemon.But 2 or 1 pokemon in my team was still left standing.

Guest Yugi-Z
I think the easiest to beat for me was Jasmin. She was the easiest because I had a great fire pokemon then. For some people who can't beat her fight her last and take a water a fire pokemon.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]I'd say Bugsy was my easiest. I just used my little Inferno, (Cyndaquil) but he's a big Inferno now. :D SS, Bugsy is the second Gym Leader in the G/S/C series. [/B][/QUOTE]I'm sorry, I still can't remember the name. I might have to go back in the game to see..... anyways, thanks for the help Lady K. :)

Since I usually use Water-types, blaine,brock and bruno are the easiest ones to beat. I usually have:

Vaporeon
Blastiose
Dewgong
Kadabra
ampharos
Lugia

hmm... I don't really know why I put that... *shrugs* oh well.. lol

How easily did YOU beat the Elite Four? Who was the easiest to beat? Think about it a bit and post your answer here! :)

Here's how easily I beat the Elite Four:

[U]Yellow:[/U] Bruno was the easiest. I kicked his :butthead: with Butterfree and Alakazam. Vaporeon helped too.

[U]Silver:[/U] Koga was the easiest. Magmar beat Forretress, and my psychics beat the rest. :rotflmao:

[U]Gold:[/U] Koga was the easiest. My fire Pokemon easily beat Venomoth and Forretress. :flaming: Alakazam was a big help in the battle.

[U]Crystal:[/U] Bruno was the easiest. I had a ghost and three psychics on my team, but Feraligatr :frog: creamed Onix. :nono: :stupid:

:ball:Well, that's it. The Elite 4 is different in G/S/C. R/B/Y has Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, and Lance. G/S/C has Will, Koga, Bruno, and Karen. By the way, be sure to visit my other thread (Gym Leaders). It's practically the same as this thread except it's about the gym leaders, not the Elite Four. See ya later!:ball:

[color=blue][size=1]I merged your Elite Four thread with this one since it was pretty much the same thing. -Lady K[/color][/size]

Guest FlameSwordsman
Well, for me Bugsy was the easiest. I justworked a little fire breathing magic and I won. Too easy.

• 1 month later...
The easiest gym leader for me to beat in any version was Koga....I mean my Kadabra(in the old games) Espeon(in the new games) they lasted one attack........:smirk: And for the Elite four, I defeated my rival the easiest in the old versions and Will was easy in Silver/Crystal.

EDIT: Forgot some things.

I restarted Gold and Yellow; here's how I did so far. I have five badges in Gold and two in Yellow.
Difficulty scale:
:laugh: so easy I'd die laughing

Gold:

Falkner: :laugh: He was easy. I had an Abra I got in a trade as an egg, so its Thunderpunch kicked his butt.

Bugsy: :bellylol: Well, he was okay. My Eevee beat his Metapod and Kakuna. My Abra fainted, but Quilava finished off Scyther.

Whitney: :nope: Poliwag was my only female Pokemon, but Bellsprout did most of the work.

Morty: :bellylol: Morty was easy. My Alakazam did most of the work, but Eevee helped because he knew Mud-Slap.

Chuck: :p Well, he was soso. I ended up defeating him with my Poliwag. Alakazam KO'd Primeape easily, but Poliwrath was a little bit of a challenge. Good thing Alakazam had a Bitter Berry!

Yellow:

Brock: :laugh: That was soooo easy! I just used my Butterfree.

Misty: :faint: I saved the game before facing Misty. I lost twice! After each time, the I turned the game off and started all over from the gym. My Abra disobeyed me in the first two battles. I sacrificed my sucky Pokemon to defeat Staryu. After using my Jigglypuff to put Starmie to sleep, I whittled down his health with my Pikachu. After paralyzing Starmie, Starmie woke up and KO'd my Pikachu. Abra was the only Pokemon I had left. I prayed for a few seconds that Abra would attack, and sure enough, she did! :excited: That was a tough battle!

I'll post more after I get more badges.the

I am going to use Nefertimon's scale. Just so you know, these are all my opinions.

Falkner: :laugh: All I really had to do was go to the Dark Cave and grab a Geodude. And even if he got through that, hello Totodile.

Bugsy: :laugh: Bah! I laugh at your Fury Cutter, Sand-attack, Pidgey and Geodude. I got a Hivebadge.

Whitney: :faint: I hate Whitney soooo much! Stupid Miltank and it's stupid Rollout. And then Milk Drink!?! Jeez that made me so mad! I finally got to her with my ever faithful Pidgey. [size=1][color=blue]Try to watch the language, 'kay? -LK[/color][/size]

Morty: :bellylol: I don't really like facing Ghost pokemon, because when I do I know a lot of normal attacks, oh well. I used Magnitude combined with Confusion from Butterfree, pretty easy.

Chuck: :nope: GAWD I HATE FIGHTING POKEMON!!! It was really annoying, stupid Dynamicpunch, makes me so mad! I finally got to him by using Sleep Powder, Sand-attack and then Flaffy. Stupid Poliwrath.

Jasmine: :nope: Steelix, I hate fighting agianst this pokemon. Oh well, I somehow manage to get through it by teaching Fire Punch to my Flaffy, put it to sleep with Butterfree and then lower its accuracy as much as possible.

Pryce: :bellylol: Bah, he was pretty easy, Amphros destroyed the hell outta him. And even if he failed my others would have ruled him, badly.

Clair: :faint: Dragon pokemon, oh good god. I always have trouble with her, Amphros is my usual best agianst her, I try to get her with Ice Punch on Feraligatr and then onto victory.

Thats all for now, I will be back with the Blue report some other time.

I am going to use Nefertimon's scale.

Falkner: :laugh: way too easy. creamed him with the onix+Geodude combo.I use mostly Geodude.

Bugsy: :laugh: again easy,Quilava did the job.

Whitney: :bellylol: Machop,a good pokemon against that very annoying Miltank.Took out every one of Whitney's pokemon

Morty: :nope: REALY ANNOYING!!! But I defeated with Onix,Graveler,and Typhlosion, they had Earthquake.Which made the ghost/poison types a piece of cake.

Chuck :bellylol: Thanks to my friend I almost easily beat Chuck with Raichu with Thunderbolt.

Jasmine: :p wow,My typhlosion almost fainted,But it's good.

Pryce: :p again wow,Raichu and Typhlosion destroyed his pokemon but almost fainted

CLair: :faint: So hard that I needed my Articuno from my Blue version.

I just got two more badges in Yellow. Here it is:

Lt. Surge: :laugh: EASY!!! I just used my Dugtrio and KO'd his Raichu with one Dig!

Erika: :p Well, my Charmeleon fainted, but my Dugtrio beat Weepinbell. That was a weird battle.