Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=royalblue]It's okay, you can use this thread to discuss things about the RPG if you want to.

Also, I'm actually considering doing something unique...in the sense that I might use the sign up thread to actually explain different technical parts of the RPG itself (like Sky Hockey), so that I don't need to clutter up the RPG itself with technical explanations. ;)

Just another reason to subscribe to this thread...or at least to bookmark the page with all the URLs. ;)[/color]
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Sky Hockey, this is sounding alot like a Final Fantasy with Minigames and stuf, but then it has alot of a Lord of the Rings type of story!

ANd unlike my freind Aries, I did think I would get in. I guess thats my fault for getting my hopes up. I hope you dont mind me over-looking the game, im [b]very[/b] Interested in the game....
Posted
[color=royalblue]Well, the first RPG of OAW was actually "Final Fantasy XII: Online Another World".

So yeah, it's based on Final Fantasy. ;)[/color]
Posted
Oh, how long ago was the first one because i dont remember it? But anyway, yea this Rpg is gonna be awsome, I think this should go one for awhile, anything I could do to help out?
Posted
Explaining techincal parts, aye? Sounds good to me. It's like in my RPG Dragon Tamer where I explained all the other stuff. Of course, it did clutter the game so I guess putting it in the sign up thread is a smarter idea. Silly me.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Also, I'm actually considering doing something unique...in the sense that I might use the sign up thread to actually explain different technical parts of the RPG itself (like Sky Hockey), so that I don't need to clutter up the RPG itself with technical explanations. ;)[/color][/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]That concept has crossed my mind many times in looking at the mutliple sign-ups and RPGs this board has. It is a shame people do not do that. It would make things a lot easier to follow.[/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]The first thing I have to explain is really important...I guess it's mostly just a reminder.

If you are in Verdun, you're going to be using lots of technology...the surroundings will be very futuristic.

But if you're in Oleron, it will be much more traditional...everyone needs to remember the context of each environment. In Oleron, you'll be using magical devices and medieval technology...

Just needed to remind everyone of that -- the RPG will start soon.[/color]
Posted
I guess what species occupys the area, is the type of technology the area willhave? Im guessing humans will be the most"technologicly superior" race in the game?
Posted
[color=royalblue]Yeah, if you read my description of the races...you'll find that the Hume rely on technology. No other race does.

My first post is up, anyway. So you can get a clearer idea of a few things. :)[/color]

EDIT: I also want to encourage everyone to be original. Try not to follow typical RPG conventions. In this RPG, I started with a traditional dream sequence...but I kind of diverged...and the first post seemingly has no relationship with the overall "back story" that I posted in this sign up thread.

In terms of describing technology, magic or weapons...I want people to try and think outside the square as much as possible. :)

Also, keep an eye on my signature. As the RPG enters new chapters, I will update my sig with an image (a kind of snapshot) of the latest chapter.

As you can see, my sig currently features X-Ion, the big nightclub in Vin Kartia. That is where the first chapter has begun (even though your characters may start elsewhere, my character is kind of the "central" part of the story).

So as the RPG moves on, I will update my signature accordingly. :)

Also...this RPG is largely about using the IMG tag. I'm trying to encourage people to use it as a way of enhancing the storytelling and expression. If any of you start a new RPG, I strongly encourage you to think creatively -- especially in relation to the IMG tag. ;)
Posted
Well, each character will have his/her own story. But my posts will relate to the "main" body of the plot. And in some cases, the paths of different characters will cross.

I guess I'm talking mostly about being imaginative with your surroundings and specific objects/items. Be creative...and don't be afraid to push the plot in new directions. :)
Posted
I wasn't. In fact, I haven't even started on my real plot to my story yet. I just posted about my starting life where my story begins. That's the whole idea in a good writer's heart. Details to make the story interesting and that's what I'm best at. :D heh heh
Posted
James I have a question that has been boggiling my mind ever since I started reading your intro. Is your house Super, super, super futuristic? Or is it more like a slums appartment like in Final Fantasy 7?
Posted
[color=indigo]I have something that I would like to inquire. All the races live on different continents. [i]How is it that they will be able to affect one another?[/i] Especially since the Hume are the only ones able to use technology. They would be the only ones really able to get anywhere, whereas it seems that all the other races are basically confined to their respected continents. This is something that kind of confuses me.[/color]
Posted
I think that just because Veron is Hume, I think that Hume is the Majority that lives there, other species could live there also, or just visit.

In my Intro, I am a Qaurt who is raised by a Hume.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Krillen [/i]
[B]James I have a question that has been boggiling my mind ever since I started reading your intro. Is your house Super, super, super futuristic? Or is it more like a slums appartment like in Final Fantasy 7? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Did it [i]seem[/i] slummy to you? Would a slum house have a plasma monitor? lol

o_O

Piro: The races live on different continents, but, as mentioned, the Oleron and Hume have fairly close ties. Or at least, they [i]have[/i] had close ties for many generations.

The Oleron outlaw advanced technology, while the Verdun outlaw magic. However, the peoples of each nation are allowed to travel freely between the two.

Less people travel to Esperna and Almaran, simply due to the bigger difference in culture and technology.

However, you will sometimes find Quart and Halbreed in either Verdun or Oleron -- races can certainly mix within reason.[/color]

EDIT: ZeroxSama, did you read this thread at all? Sign ups were closed quite some time ago. ;)
Posted
[color=teal][size=1]Okay I have a question that is vital to my character's development in the game.

It seems that no one is noticing the attacks that were mentioned in the beginning of this thread. Is everyone simply ignoring them, or are they yet to happen? For Xeshiur's sake I hope they are in the future rather than the past.


--Mike[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...