OtakuBoards

Session 11: Toys in the attic

Zayle

This is personally my favorite session, it combines a great story with some amazing action.

**Spoilers**

It takes place on the Bebop, there a "monster" takes out Ein, Jet, Faye, and Ed is missing. Spike decides to investigate, and he find, it was a mutated lobster he forgot in the fridge, I mean, how funny is that? Pretty funny if you ask me.

**Spoilers**

So what did you think about this session?

[color=darkblue][size=1]I love this episode, especially the lessons...

[b]#3) If you see a stranger, follow him
#4) Never leave food in the fridge for too long[/b]

I didn't enjoy the beginning much, I don't believe that Jett would gamble away his clothing. (Of course, if he is stupid enough to play aganst Faye he probably would bet his clothes.) It got better once Jett was bitten by the lobster-thing, the entire episode had a "bad horror movie" quality to it. My favorite scene had to be when Spike was fighting it, watching him pass out from the animal bite was hillarious.[/color][/size]

Really, I like when Faye used that anklet to cheat and beat Jett. It added yet another comedic aspect to the show. Although, seeing Jett's boxers floating in mid-air, wasn't an inspiring site, it was pretty funny. Well, it just goes to show you different people like different things.

It was kind of funny, but my favorite episodes are more serious than that one. My particular favorite is "The Real Folk Blues:Part 2", and next to that is "Ballad of Fallen Angels".

But ALL of CB rocks, in any case.

-Justin

You are correct when you say that all of CB is good, or well amazing actually. It's easily my favorite anime. I liked "The Real Folk Blues Part 2" as well. One of the best sessions in the series. But I still think that "Toys in the Attic" is the best.

[color=deeppink]I also think that Toys in the Attic was one of the more humorous sessions of the series. Talk about irony...they're all hungry (well...what else is new) and they get attacked by a mutated lobster >_<

Though my favorite session has to be Ballad of Fallen Angels, followed closely by both sessions of Jupiter Jazz. It's always great seeing Faye kick major butt in a town full of guys [:devil:][/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]I'm not questioning your judgement, but I do not prefer that session. In fact, it has to be my least favorite session, to tell you the honest truth. I'm sorry, but that little...thing...being the enemy of that episode did not suit the Cowboy Bebop theme at all, and I would have deleted it, if I were an editor for the anime.

I prefered Session #17: Mushroom Samba. I found it to be halarious, mostly quoting of when Faye Valentine, Spike Speigel, and Jet Black ate the mushrooms and started halucinating, which differed due to their surroundings. For example, Faye was in a bathroom when the mushroom took effect, and saw the water from the toilet overflow to make a huge aquarium, making quite scene for Ed and Ein to watch her swim in place. Spike, on the other hand, was on a flight of stairs, which, as he saw it, never ended. Funny indeed when it jumped back to reality and you saw Spike lifting his feet, one by one, up and down on a single step.

Of course, I also liked the episodes when Spike fought Vicious, but that's a given![/color]

:blah:

That one's my favorite! Yeah, LOL, the lobster thing was just so funny! Yeah, that's cool how she cheated, but the prize she got was... ^_^' and I loved the ending, you know, where they usually give the preview for the next episode? Where, uh... ed? said that *sigh* that was the end of cowboy bebop.... and it really wasn't? XD But I'm sorta new to cowboy bebop. I only saw a few episodes. I should do some more reaserch. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B][color=teal]I'm not questioning your judgement, but I do not prefer that session. In fact, it has to be my least favorite session, to tell you the honest truth. I'm sorry, but that little...thing...being the enemy of that episode did not suit the Cowboy Bebop theme at all, and I would have deleted it, if I were an editor for the anime.

I prefered Session #17: Mushroom Samba. I found it to be halarious, mostly quoting of when Faye Valentine, Spike Speigel, and Jet Black ate the mushrooms and started halucinating, which differed due to their surroundings. For example, Faye was in a bathroom when the mushroom took effect, and saw the water from the toilet overflow to make a huge aquarium, making quite scene for Ed and Ein to watch her swim in place. Spike, on the other hand, was on a flight of stairs, which, as he saw it, never ended. Funny indeed when it jumped back to reality and you saw Spike lifting his feet, one by one, up and down on a single step.

Of course, I also liked the episodes when Spike fought Vicious, but that's a given![/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, "Mushroom Samba" was one of the best sessions in the series and probably the most humorous!
Well, actually after watching "Jupiter Jazz part 2" for the 4th or 5th time, I have decided that decided that it is my favorite session now, but "Toys in the Attic" is still a wonderful session.

:devil: -Zayle

The last one? Are talking about session 26, "The Real Folk Blues part 2"??? Just making sure, a few of my friends tried to tell me that "Toys in the attic" was the last one. But I just laughed in their faces. Yeah, when Ein eats that mushroom and begins hopping around everywhere, that is very funny. Well, seems the Bebop section is doing quite well. But you better go join the fan club!!!!

:devil:

[color=royalblue]
I like Toys in the Attic, but my favorite...can't remember the name, but it's the one where the bounty head is "Chessmaster Hex" or something, and Ed plays against him for a week, and loses. That one was hillarious.
[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]
I like Toys in the Attic, but my favorite...can't remember the name, but it's the one where the bounty head is "Chessmaster Hex" or something, and Ed plays against him for a week, and loses. That one was hillarious.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]That episode was Session #14: Bohemain Rhapsody. Poor Ed loosing after such effort and time! However, I do find it kind of lame that Chessmaster Hex forgot all of his own booby traps. Sure, time was a major influence, but you'd think that someone that mad at the hyperspace creators to set traps would still be holding the grudge to this day.[/color]

:blah:

Of course I like Toys In The Attic! Ed eating the Ganymede Rock lobster/monster thing was funny....Although I'd have to say that so far my favorite episode is Jamming With Edward --the little planes and the saying Spike says at the ed "Jet, You know that there are three things I particularally hate.....kids...animals...and women with attitudes....so tell me Jet Why do we have all three neatly gathered in our ship!?"

Guest ProudClod
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Twinzam v [/i]
[B]Session 12 is one of my favourites, it is funny as well and the part when spike opened the fridge was about to made me sick. :sick: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah Twinzam, that was pretty funny, when we were both sitting there watching that episode with our tongues to the ground thinking, "what the heck is the point of this?!"....but there is one problem with what you just said....it was session 11, not 12, 11! It was a great episode though.

The thing with me is that Im an all action man, humour wont attract me to a series which is supposed to be mean and lean.

That session was ALRIGHT...but it's 2 strange. My personal favourite session was no.5 when Vicious was introduced. He's a great character!

Oh yeah, go and get the movie of CB as well, it's GREAT! I've seen it LOADSA times and it RULEZ!! Download it off the Internet if you've got access to Broadband or something, you can get it off a good P2P server like KaZaA or WimMX.

Oh yeah, PoudClod get a better sig. :D

Cya SC.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ryhooki [/i]
[B]"Jet, You know that there are three things I particularally hate.....kids...animals...and women with attitudes....so tell me Jet Why do we have all three neatly gathered in our ship!?" [/B][/QUOTE]

according to my subs, spike says something slightly different, but still pretty much the same....

"Jet, You know that there are three things I particularaly hate.....rugrats...beasts...and tomboys....so tell me Jet Why do we have all three neatly gathered in our ship!?"

[color=indigo] Yeah, the subs don't quite match up, but I guess they never quite do...

I think the best part of that session is when Spike opens the fridge and caches a brief glimpse of the small colony that has formed inside...the look on his face is priceless.[/color]

Guest ProudClod
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spike01 [/i]
[B].Oh yeah, PoudClod get a better sig. :D[/B][/QUOTE]

What, you jealous? :) :)

I dont really want to get off topic now but I thought I should say this. Subs usually exagerate the speechs, making them less effective, so you want get the full CB experience!

What are u talking about Proudclod!? Dubs aren't that great! Subs are MUCH better. They sometimes change the storyline and stuff with dubs, this is REALLY stupid!
I'm not saying that all dubs aren't good, some of them are well done, however, looking at Cowboy Bebop I'd say the subs are much better.
Oh yeah, *to ProudClod* you KNOW that my GFX are better than yours ;). I mean, come on...look at YOUR sig. then look at my one.
lolz

Cya SC.