OtakuBoards

Unconstitutional? ERRRRRRRR!!!!!

Jamvis

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]They are still trying to separate the church and the state completely. I mean, it's a tradition and I don't think it should be changed. Some people just like to bring up issues just for the sake of having disagreement. They thrive on it. It's really sickening if you ask me. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Meh. I love to argue. It's rather fun. I get into it very much so. But I am still not going to comment on this issue. yet.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've avoided this topic for long enough.

I'm not Christian, or Muslim, or religious, at all. By my observation, religious people are far too arrogant.

However, I do think that the pledge should stay the way it is. Just because that's what seems right to me. I have no better reason, so don't ask for one.

But, on the religious aspect: I like studying theology, from time to time. So, I do know what Christians, and Muslims, and various other religious peoples believe in; but, I-hate-organized-religion.

However, I don't want this to become a religious or a moral debate. So, let's try to avoid it.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiya-jinro [/i]
[B]I think it should stay. If their parents don't want them saying it, then they should just not say it. But, don't ruin it for people who do. :flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

::sigh:: people don't read posts...

It's not about saying it... it's about hearing it and the thought or aspect that a national saying (endorced by the US), said in public schools on a regular basis. The fact that the belief in God is endorced by a nation who is supposed to seperate Church and State is what makes it unconstitutional. And the fact children are being at least forced to hear it, if not being forced to say it.

I better clear myself up a little. Yes, I know how they can force people to say it. I also know that not everybody likes it. I just think whatever happens should go by everybody's opinions. Their could be a vote. But, the Supreme Court just wants too remove it. I think it should stay because, it has been in it for so long.

Sorry for any misconceptions in my first post.

Americans are CRAZY, I tell you!

Which other contry would argue on this kinda issue: should the church and the state be separated? OF COURSE!!! You have far many people in your country that aren't christians. Democracy is to give equal rights and duties to everyone, without looking at gender or color.

But most of all i'm pissed of this whole "ruler of the world" attitude that so many of you Americans have -I could name many from this board too! Hello, there are other nations in th Earth too!

Well, now that I've done my evil deeds here, i can return to the digimon-section to wait while things cool down...:devil:

[color=royalblue]Sage: many of us here at OtakuBoards are not American.

And I like to think that OB is a place where people learn to respect those from other nations and treat them equally.

Sometimes people don't do that...but for the most part, I think people are pretty respectful here.

[/color]

This whole thing is ridiculous .Im an atheist and I really couldn?t give a damn.I think some people just really want some attention,badly!The words in the constitution are ?under god? not ?under God? which could mean any god at all.**** if I really wanted to I could think that the word god in the constitution meant zeus.Even though they only added these words 50 some years ago,I still think don?t think they should take those words out.This country was founded on religion and its not going to hurt you to say a few damn words.When you get right down to it the whole constitution is unconstitutional.(im sorry if I said thing that somebody else had already said.I only read this first post in this topic)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]

Guess what? That is a racist slur. And honestly, if your parents aren't Native Americans, then they should shut the Hell up. I have Native American blood in me (as well as about everything else. :cross: ), so I know about that single comment.

Started in the mid-1900s. Whites would protest the segregation. They told the blacks "Go home, [CENSORED]!!". (I belive so for the most part; it might have started around the 1800s after the Civil War, but I can't remember/trust my Civics teacher)

So you know what? Your parents are racist. And if you're supporting them, then you too are also a racist. I'm an Amercian, and I oppose the Pledge. [/B][/QUOTE]

ok, woah, woah. Wait a second. One, I havent' touched this topic for awhile, so somebody please fill me in.
Second: Somebody is not racist based on the only racial slur that you found out that they say. Now, if they frequently practice racism, and go off doing the racist thing against all other races but there own, then you wuld be correct. Otherwise, you would be wrong. They might not be racist. You dont know. Your just assuming they are because of a comment that there kid made.
All your doing is being guilty of the same thing. Prejudice( "Pre-Judge") is what racism really is, because you are assuming that, because of the color of there skin, or heritage, that they are evil in some way, or stupid, or ignorant, therefore, you would be pre-judgeing his family, and him.

Now, there is one thing I can't stand, that those are **censored**. Now, dont automatically asume that I am racist, because I am not. I have no problem with black ppl. I am friends with a bunch of them. there really cool. However, **censored** are the ignorant ones that hate us white ppl because were white, and go off and shoot us with there gang, and all that crap. I can't stand those. Other than that, Black ppl, and other races for that matter, and me, were on good terms.

Now can somebody please fill me in about the pledge thing? Did they take part of it out or something????? As a part of the totall seperation of church and state, which Bush wont allow.

I don't believe in God, but see no reason to change the pledge. It is optional, so if you don't like it, don't say it.

It is clearly against the constitution, but I doubt it will be removed from the pledge, at least not during my lifetime. To me it seems as if the person who brought this case is a publicity seeker with nothing better to do.

Now you guys have to live through MY two cents on this! Even though it's all against the constitution, I still believe that it's moronic to even THINK of taking the words "under God" out of the Pledge.

In the Declaration of Independence, it mentions [I]at least[/I] 4 times that God is the creator. Are we to change the DoI?

And what about our money? Are we to change that too? Most people at "pep rallies" have sang the Star Spangled Banner. No one would be able to sing the 3rd stanza, only the 1st and 2nd. God Bless America and several other patriotic songs would be taken off the list too.

Are we willing to massacre our history, just because someone disagrees?

Ok, enough rambling.

~!*Sere & Co.*!~

I agree with Sere. I see no reason to destroy all the history that we hold onto, just because a few people want everything to be perfect.

As for you sage: I've had about enough of you ignorant statements. Many generalizations could be made about many nations all over the world, but you don't see anyone else making them. So shut up.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]I agree with Sere. I see no reason to destroy all the history that we hold onto, just because a few people want everything to be perfect.

As for you sage: I've had about enough of you ignorant statements. Many generalizations could be made about many nations all over the world, but you don't see anyone else making them. So shut up.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

You cant blame people for ignorance,only stupidity.

I was about to bring up the Declaration of Independence as well, props to whoever beat me to it. ^_^ The Declaration of Independence mentions God more than twice, is that separation of church and state? Basically it all comes down to this: Church and State will NEVER be 100% severed. Without any 'church' at all where in the world would a moral code stem from? Everyone has a belief code of some sort, a belief to not believe or whatever else there is. These things govern us, as well as the country.
And also, Church and State won't ever be 100% separated unless we all decide to erase out history, and that would be a nice big mess....

[color=royalblue]The thing is, in this case, the words "under god" were added to the original document.

I see this as merely fixing a mistake. And it's a relatively painless move to make.

On the other hand, I would not support taking "in god we trust" off the money...simply because it would be a waste of time.

In my view, if there are areas that can be fixed, they should be. If the state isn't going to abide by its own laws, then what's the point?[/color]

[color=limegreen]Hehee, I'm really good at making enemies here, I see...

But no, I won't shut up, coz everybody is entitled to say what they think, Justin. Me as much as you.

And please don't call me stupid, coz when I say stuff, I con't [I]really[/I] want to hurt anybody's feelings.

This whole anti-american attitude o' mine comes purely from the fact, that they have most stupid laws like DEATH PENALTY in some states, and yet they think they're the greatest nation on earth. (whole "God is on our side, even though we rush in Afganistan and kill few thousand innocent civilians at the same"-attitude...)

But please don't you mind, Justin, you can invent something against us finns, if you like!:toothy: [/color]

[color=royalblue]Sage, what does that have to do with [i]anything?[/i]

I think this thread has well and truly run its course. If it goes any further, it's at risk of getting way off track.[/color]

EDIT: Sage, I had to highlight your text to read it. Why do we even have green as a selectable colour? lol. ;)