OtakuBoards

King Kai's been holding out

Manic Webb

Did you ever wonder why King Kai only taught Goku the kaioken? I mean, Goku wasn't his only student. He could've taught it to Yamcha, Tenshinhan, or Piccolo.

Come to think of it, if he always knew how to use Instant Movement, why didn't he ever teach [i]that[/i] to anyone?

Kakarot was only taught the Kaio-Ken because King Kai only believed that he could handle it.

As for the Instant Transmission, we find out why King Kai didn't teach that to Kakarot in the Cell Saga:: Kakarot didn't ask about it.

Edit: Whoops. Forgot the "didn't". That's what I get for multitasking and hurrying.

i think king kai also worries about teaching and training those who might use the new power for evil doing. that could account for piccolo not learning and as someone else said, the others probably wouldnt have been able to handle it. except maybe yamcha but thats just my opinion.

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]King Kai didn't teach it to anyone because Mr. Toriyama didn't want him to, duh. :P[/b][/color]

The kaioken and the instant transmission take to much power. And maybe Kakarot was the only one who could use it. (?)
At least: Instant transmission would kill them for sure. It takes to much strength.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dark_Apocalyps [/i]
[B]The kaioken and the instant transmission take to much power. And maybe Kakarot was the only one who could use it. (?)
At least: Instant transmission would kill them for sure. It takes to much strength.[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Please tell me you're joking. The instant transmission takes no effort what-so-ever. Kakarot said that the Yadrattians were not that strong, why didn't it kill them? Cause the instant transmission doesn't take all that much power (if any). If anything, it would be the Kaioken that would kill them, like it basically did to Kakarot when he first fought Vegeta.[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]The main reason he didn't teach anyone else the Kaioken was, like said, the others couldn't handle it because of their weakness compared to Son Gokuu-san. Remember Kita no Kaiou worrying if Son Gokuu-san could even handle Kaioken 2? And then he goes and pulls a Super Saiya-jin, LOL.

Kita no Kaiou is..well, a very strange fellow. It is not hard to believe that one of his state would forget to teach Son Goku-san about the Instant Transmission. That, or since Son Gokuu-san only had one year to train, perhaps there was no time. Come to think of it, what did Instant Transmission have to do with training to fight? It is in a whole different category- an extra, if you will, one that Son Gokuu-san, if he wanted to learn it, had to request it. Time was of the essence.[/color]

:blah:

Well, as said before with the KaioKen...only Goku is strong enough to handle it...now, as for the Instant Transmission, we [i][b]do[/b][/i] in fact learn that King kai could have taught him, but I think it's either one of the two things(which are both listed above)...If he learned it, he would have instantly been able to go back and fight the sayians and that would have been boring...or maybe they never thought if the move until later...I think this topic is just sort of repeating itself over and over...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS3 Majin Goku [/i]
[B]what the heck are you talkin bout????????? your confusin' but all i never saw the episode where North Kaiosama tells kakarot he could have taught him Instant Transmission what was the episode?[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]First of all, settle down. There's no need to get frantic over not remember/seeing an episode where this happened.

If my memory serves me correct, I think it was the episode in the Android Saga/early Cell Saga where they were looking for a person to replace Kami since he had fused with Piccolo. And Kakarot went to King Kai's planet and asked him to find Namek for him and then used the instant transmission to get there. Then King Kai made his remarks about how he could have taught him that, but he didn't ask about it. :p Or something like that...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]First of all, settle down. There's no need to get frantic over not remember/seeing an episode where this happened.

If my memory serves me correct, I think it was the episode in the Android Saga/early Cell Saga where they were looking for a person to replace Kami since he had fused with Piccolo. And Kakarot went to King Kai's planet and asked him to find Namek for him and then used the instant transmission to get there. Then King Kai made his remarks about how he could have taught him that, but he didn't ask about it. :p Or something like that...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

hm...that's right. I remember it now too. I couldn't think of it...*goes back to reading other topics*

Now, the debate rages on about Tien, Yamcha, and Piccolo not being strong enough to learn the Kaio-Ken. I can't ignore the comment that maybe King Kai didn't want to teach it to someone evil like Piccolo MAYBE, but I don't think it was because they weren't strong enough.

If you remember, the three of them made it down Snake Way in half the time of Goku, and they were able to beat Bubbles and Gregory faster than Goku as well. Then, the Ginyu force showed up, and Yamcha and Tien were able to handle them no problem. Now, Goku already knew the Kaio Ken when he beat them, so that meant that they were much stronger than Goku was when he fought Vegeta, in essence, proving that Yamcha and Tien could have beaten Vegeta back on Earth. That should definitly make them strong enough to at least LEARN the Kaio-Ken.

there are just too many loop-holes in the story line. I thought that Kaio-sama taught kaio-ken to goku b/c he was a saiyan and he knew that his body could take the strain. As for the others, maybe they were strong enough, but the strain of kaio-ken can't be endured by an earthling, a namek, or whatever the heck chaoutzu was.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS3 Majin Goku [/i]
[B]
there's a reason for that ^_^ it's cause goku died when he hadn't trained much but piccolo and all them had trained ALOT so they made it quicker then goku ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

Right... so theoretically, they all should have been stronger than Goku was when HE learned the Kaio-Ken technique... they should have been able to use it...

But I also agree that most likely it was because their frail human bodies couldn't handle the strain of learning the technique... But, man, think about how much stronger they would be if they had learned it... Tien vs. Cell specifically comes to mind. I know he wouldn't have been able to defeat him, but Tien, at that level, with a 4x Kaio Ken... he might have been able to hurt Cell at least a LITTLE bit more... maybe take an ear or finger or something...

It's a plot hole. Kaio-Sama himself said there was no way he could take Son Gokuu back to earth.

And I believe that he didn't teach any of the others the Kaio-Ken because they didn't need it. They were training for recreational purposes(well except Piccoro-San). And they did say they wanted harder training than Son Gokuu, not learn the techniques he learned.