OtakuBoards

::Sighs:: Yes I admit to reading a school girl manga.

SS Vegeta

About a week ago I was browsing the manga section in my local comic book store. I had already decided, I was getting GTO volume 2 and that was it. But while on the way to the cash register something caught my eye. Magic Knighs Rayearth volume 1. I knew it was kindof strange to purchase a manga obviously pointed towards females, but I decided to check it out anyway. Once I got home I was amazed, I absolutley love this manga now.
It has a good plot line, lots of action, and some pretty deep character development, and this was only the first volume. Today I picked up the second volume, and once again I loved it. I just finished reading it! I was wondering if there were any Magic Knights Rayearth fans here on the boards? If not, I recomend you tryit, it's truly a wonderful manga.

[color=red][size=1] Who doesn't hate Fuu's voice? I love MKRE, series and manga. It's got a really good plot, and is all about...girls. :D[/color][/size]; [color=red][size=1]Anyway, CLAMP always seems to have decent or better-than-decent stuff out.[/color][/size]

I don't read or see much MKRE honestly, but what I saw was really good. I don't see any reason to be that embarassed about it, you could do much worse.

Most of my knowledge of it came from a Saturn game I own, which is pretty good. I will say that the dubbing is horrible, and the voices don't fit at all. The schoolgirls all sound like they are 30.

I'm a huge MKR fan,Rayearth was what got me into anime...but I hate Princess Emeraude.I'm just missing the 3 and 4 tape of the foirst season, even though I've played the SNES game versoin. I heard the manga was so much more better then the anime.

BTW I love the ending...it's nothing you would suspect.

I love Rayearth (probably it was the only good anime I saw when I was just in elementary). Sure it's shoujo but what the hell! It's good (muchbetter than sailor moon IMHO). Cool armor, enemies, art, mecha, chicks, etc. It's everything I love from CLAMP.

I read all 6 of the MKR manga, but I didn't like the first 3 that much. They were a bit dull to me, but I kept reading them anyway. The end of the 3rd was good, so I moved onto #4 and the second half of the series. I really loved the last 3. They were really good, and I couldn't stop reading them. I would like to see the anime, but I haven't gotten around to it, so, oh well.

I'd like to say that that's exactly what happened to me. Well, sort of.

About a year ago, I went to get my first manga. I pulled out Akira vol. 1, and just stared at it for a sec. thenI tucked it undr py arm proudly, and sighed....then i looked to see what else was up in the manga world. So i looked around, thought about what my friends had reccomended, and i walked outta there w/ CCS vols 1 and 2! I bought all of them! O.o