OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts

Guest Neo Bahamut

[COLOR=darkblue]The first time I demoed it at the Metreon last month...I was surpised about the battle system...real time hack and slash with command shortcuts/options. It felt really easy to beat enemies by just hitting the X button and not casting any other magic except Curaga.

As far as commercials are...I've only seen one at late night during a Star Trek voyager rerun. It just portrays the first FMV of Sora and then goes on to the battle system then ends with a closeup of Sora, Goofy, and Donald in battle stance.[/COLOR]

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh, I've heard a rumor that Kingdom Hearts is going to be released in the UK, in November. Since when my friend went to 'Playstation Experience', he played the game and was quite impressed. I've seen animation of the ability to use techniques and learn new spells which I am very happy about.
But yet, I am definetley going to buy this game, looks like a touching and moving game, while with some humor involved, mainly Square emotions-wise. But I have a theory that Square teamed up with Disney due to the amount of money they are losing with FFXI from bugs etc, so more age groups have more of a chance to play this game. Very good indeed ;)

[SIZE=1]Hmm I could imagine Cloud with quite a deep American voice which would be cool. I hope Aeris' isnt over exaggerated like Yuna, but it'll be very cool, and a very good game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I'm going to reserve my copy as soon as the chance appears. ;)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Hmm I could imagine Cloud with quite a deep American voice which would be cool. I hope Aeris' isnt over exaggerated like Yuna, but it'll be very cool, and a very good game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I'm going to reserve my copy as soon as the chance appears. ;)[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Aerith's voice is a lot like Yuna's

I reserved it Monday and picked it up today. I didn't have any trouble at all. The only game that I really had to reserve as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Anyway, I didn't get too unforunately, so I haven't experienced much of what the game has to offer.

Initially, you make various decisions reflecting your personality and attributes.

When Sora awakens, the player is treated to the game's awesome cut scene engine. As I expected, the facial animations are superb and the voice acting thus far appears to be excellent. Then again, most people would pick that up from reading a review

Right now, the gameplay isn't too varied and I'm left a tad disappointed. I'm not even a half hour in and I've completed two scavenger hunts. Plus, the camera is a real hindrance. I noticed this specifically during the race challenge. Hopping atop trees was unecessarily difficult.

I'll update everyone with some more in-depth opinions when I get the proper time to explore the game somewhat.

Everything I've been hearing about this game is about what I expected... it's average. I plan on getting it anyway later today, because it sounds like the type of game I'd play.

My only questions are... How much of this game so far is about Disney? Is it too much? Just enough?

And is this camera really as bad as everyone is saying? I hear the main problem is that the camera doesn't keep up with the enemies you lock on to.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Everything I've been hearing about this game is about what I expected... it's average. I plan on getting it anyway later today, because it sounds like the type of game I'd play.

My only questions are... How much of this game so far is about Disney? Is it too much? Just enough?

And is this camera really as bad as everyone is saying? I hear the main problem is that the camera doesn't keep up with the enemies you lock on to. [/B][/QUOTE]

While on the initial island, the Final Fantasy approach was prevalent. After an event was completed, the game would cut to a Disney oriented theme.

After making it to Traverse Town, the Disney cameos jumped up significantly. In my opinion, it's just enough. But, the Disney license is readily apparent and intertwined thoroughly in the early part of the game mostly through Donald Duck and Goofy. No other Disney character has played much of a role to my recollection.

The camera is atrocious, lol. It swings around uncontollably at times and fails to adjust properly, as to provide a good view of the action. Critics of Mario Sunshine's camera will probably be thankful for it after playing this game.

Also, the story doesn't seem as strong as a typical Square game thus far. Although, some of the Disney bits are hilarious.

The music is pretty effective, being that is the same person from Legend of Mana. Pretty hokey, but good. Plus, I can't believe all these big named stars voice acted for this game!:eek:

David Boreanaz: Squall(Leon)
Mandy Moore- aeris
Lance Bass:rolleyes: as sephiroth

And many many more!

I just saw the commercial this morning and wasn't really interested but then I saw someone that seem to look like sephiroth and some other person (don't remember his name) appear in the commercial and I 'm thinking, "Am I seeing things or did I just see what I thought I saw?!". So I hung around for the commercial to appear again.

Well I am definantly getting the game just cause it does look funny and because of all your reviews so far (It seem's interesting enough). I hope it's worth it because I don't usually play games with disney characters in it.

Well, I've been waiting since Feb. for this game and just got it today. As with any RPG game, it isn't exactly what I expected.

I was totally captivated by the opening FMV (although the Disney sequences seem, thus far, a bit on the irritating side--but then I've only made it to the Coliseum). The acting voices ARE superb--familiar ones for Disney fans (yay Woods for Hades!), and likeable ones for the FF ones, too. Note I did NOT say familiar ones--the FFX charas were strange, and I nearly had a fit when I heard Wakka. V_V; Still, the lip syncing is pretty close (a lot closer than FFX's, but considering we're working with Disney movies here, I think it was a must to remember the English audience as well as the Japanese one).

Gameplay is...interesting. KHs seems to be a cross between Legend of Zelda and RPGish, and reminds me most of, gasp, Legend/Secret of Mana. Basically, no turn based thing here--mash the buttons to hit an enemy--which isn't all that bad, really. It's throwing me off when I use magic, though. Oh yes, as far as I can tell at this time, you can only control Sora. Donald and Goofy are CPs.

I really like the Abilites/carrying item slots--makes one think logically...although it does get a little irritating at times (tiny bit of a problem for me in the Coliseum Prelims). And the Hp/Mp meters are interesting, too. This aspect of the game reminded me of Paper Mario.

Familiar Charas I've seen so far: (if this is a [b]spoiler[/b] for you, stop reading)

Squall, Aeris, Yuffie, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Cid, Cloud, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, Alice, Queen of Hearts and her Cards, White Rabbit, Chesire Cat, Pluto, Chip n' Dale, Hercules, Cerberus, Phil, Hades, Malificent, Ursula, Jafar, the evil guy from Nightmare before Christmas...

An added touch was Jiminy's Journal--you can see a list of all the familiar faces you see, get hints for where to go next, pull up 3-d shots of villians you've already beaten...nice touch. At least, this is what was included on the Normal setting. *raises an eyebrow* Wonder what Hard's like?

All in all, a well made game. A good starting RPG for those new to the type. However, if you're expecting another FF under a different name, then think twice--KHs is a pretty happy, comical game, vs. the usual dark stuff that hangs over FFs. Eh, that's Disney for ya. ^^ This means that the ending will be very interesting indeed...I dunno what to expect!

Done. :p Gonna go play some more now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]I know, I know, it's awful early to be asking for help since the game has just come out...but Cerberus is driving me BONKERS and the internet is not yielding any tips on how to put this bad boy down.
Can anyone help? [/B][/QUOTE]

I wish that I could give wonderful advice, but I only fought the boss to see what it was like before I shut the game off after the tournament, lol.

My advice would be to stock up on potions (preferably High Potions) and properly equip your characters with "armor" items and the aforementioned potions.

When fighting him, be sure to stick and move. Don't stay in one spot. He has an attack that shoots up from the ground and follows your character around. Be sure to stay on the move and watch out for it.

Plus, keep your secondary characters alive--they aid in distracting the boss.

Sorry, that's the best advice that I can give for now. I'll have to tackle this big boy when I have more time, lol.

Lol...I just beat Cerberus 30 min ago from the time of this posting. This was my strategy: Stay behind him for a while and let Donald and Goofy do some of the work, or distractions, while you pound on him when his head is hung low...potions are a must since you don't have cure spells yet. Goofy is more than capable of doing that job. They'll be knocked out...but after 2 minutes or so, they'll be back on their feet again with near-full health. In the meantime, though, use Fire from a distance and hack at him until your charge gauge generates MP then back off again and shoot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schratn9 [/i]
[B]If i had a ps2 I definatly would pick this game up, the commercial is awsome and the game looks the same... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I don't have ps2 either. I'm getting it in a little while though (little while meaning a hundered years in my mom's language:rolleyes: ) and have decided to make this game one of the first I'm getting.