OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts

Guest Neo Bahamut

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zidane11 [/i]
[B]Where do you get curaga and that kind of stuff. I've beat all the cups. The only one that I beat every feature was in the phil cup. I didn't feel like doing it with all the cups until after they got harder and now I can't do it. I'm almost at level 60.

Also, where do you get ultima weapon? My best weapon for Sora is the Lion Heart. I think that's what it's called.

Does anyone know a good way to level up? Thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]

You can get curaga from Aeris. Talk to her a few times after locking Hollow Bastion's keyhole (she's in the library in Hollow Bastion).

Getting the Ultima Weapon is the ultimate pain. Some items needed for synthesizing are very hard to find (I had particular trouble finding Mystery Goo and Bright Crystals).

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey have you guys tried expert mode? after beating it already it feels like its easier but its not because i actually lose when im flyingt he gummi now sometimes ha. and have you seen the secret kingdom hearts 2 trailer or "special secret". its pretty cool. from what ive read at gamefaqs boards its either what it wouldve been like without disney or part 2 which i hope it is. :D

The hidden scene thing at the end was pretty cool, altho I don't have a clue if it's a K2 preview or what it would've been like, it's hard to tell. Anyway you get bright crystals from those Defender bozos, the ones w/ the shield, and that's probably the item I had the hardest time getting too =\. Helps to have lucky strike on everyone (goofy gets it early on, then Donald, Sora around lv 69), 3 defenders always appear in the hotel hallway in Traverse Town, can keep fighting them til you get enough. Depending on how far you are that might be the best place to level up as well, each defender gives 240exp. If u've gotten to the hades cup, you can always fight the rare truffle at #46 or so, hitting one of those 100 times gets...over 5,000exp. Also once you beat the hades cup in time trial mode, u can pick any # seed to start out (not just 50th, 40th, etc.). Also rare truffles and white mushrooms (the ones who want spells) are the enemies to get mystery goo from, not in the coliseum tho, there are a bunch of places to find white mushrooms: forest in wonderland, camp in tarzan's world, undersea cave in atlantica, treasure room in agrabah, graveyard in halloweentown, and right before the final save pt. Rare truffles are a bit harder to find, but they seem to pop up on the ship in neverland a lot, as well as right before the last save pt.
As for Sephiroth, once you do enough damage to him so that he starts using his sin harvest or whatever move, attack him! If you're fast enough you can hit him and cancel his move so u won't even have to waste an elixir. The best way to avoid Sephiroth's fire move is to use Sonic. Jump in and attack 2 or 3x, then start chaining sonic, Sora's invincible while the move's going on. Usually after a few hits Sephiroth counters w/ the fire, so the Sonic will keep you safe from that. And that slashy move he uses is cloud's omnislash from FF7 move for move, except the last hit anyway, the slashes are deflectable, but u can't do much about that last hit w/ the lightning-type explosion. Rolling around usually dodges all of the meteors as well. I had more of a problem w/ him when he was constantly teleporting, should just sit and guard then so u don't get chopped up. I think Sephiroth gives around 19,000exp, but I don't remember, it'd be easier to just fight the rock titan over and over again, he's a lot easier.

Guest boogeta
I know this game is the bomb i want it more then anything its about this one guy (main charector) in the begining you chose your weapon (sword magic shield) it is so tight but i dont want to ruin it for you:fart: :blowingup :sick:

[b][color=blue][size=1]As I told you in the thread you posted, do not use otaku boards to host your images. -Crazy White Boy[/color][/size][/B]

OMG!!! I finally found it! Ok....just to let everyone know, this game ROX!!
-------------------
Ok, that sounded so stupid, but the game does rock. I've had it for about 2 or 3 weeks now and although some of the characters in it are quite...well, childish, I'll say, the game is awesome. And they have Tidus and Wakka in it!! (Yes, I was and still am a big fan of FFX.) And Seprioth, Cloud, Leon (Squall)....I could go on and on...Sora is quite the cutsy kind of young character, but he DOES NOT look or act like he's 14. I mean, c'mon. look at Riku, he's only 15 and he acts like he's 21! Since I have gotten this game, I have become more fond of Donald, Mickey, Goofy, Tarzan....so many more. It's just amazing how things can change your attitude sometimes....now I even watch the House of Mouse every day.....
------------------
Right now, my friend and I are sharing a game (she comes over every weekend to play it) and I do have my own. My friend and me are in Monstero. We would be farther, but we don't play much since our parents won't let us play on weekends (school...). On my game, I'm finally in the Cave of Wonders and I'm about to go play.

GAWD....I cannot beleive that Riku would betray everyone like that!
(and yes, I have known this for a long time...)
Oh boy, I bet it's gonna be fun trying to beat HIM....

How hard are the other tournments? I heard that Hercules was pretty tough and Hades isn't exactly easy, but has anyone been there yet?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]The plot revolves around the tale of Sora, a 14-year-old boy whose life is changed forever when a storm slams into his island home and he is separated from his two best friends-Riku,14 and Kairi, 15. After the storm scatters these lifelong companions to places unknown, Sora picks himself up and begins the quest to find his friends in a new mysterious land. Before too long, Sora links up with Court Wizard Donald and Captain Goofy, protectors of the Disney Castle, and learns that these characters are on a mission to find King Mickey.

As their journey unfolds, the group discovers the existence of a terrible evil-creatures known as the Heartless. Devoid of feeling and hailing from an unknown dimension, these are beings responsible for the horrible strorm that upset so many lives. The Heartless aim to recruit Disney villains to help in the theft of the pure hearts and souls of the land's inhabitants. It's the player's job to save the universe from the Heartless and return the king to his throne--not to mention find Sora's friends.

According to what I've read, the story arc focuses heaily on the Disney Angle, but also showcases a witty and genuine tale that is quintessentially Square.

Oh yeah, Ragnarok, from what I know, Sephiroth will not make an appearance. However, Tidus, Yuffie, Waka, Selphie, Cid(FFVII) and Squall (known here as "Leon") will make cameos. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanx for the info I know for sure that I gotta get this game ASAP!!!!

[color=red] Alright, now that I've sat down and played this game for around fifteen hours, I have an opinion about it:

When I first popped this game in I was drawn to the nice graphics, the Final Fantasy appearances, and the Disney characters. I found the first few hours of the game to be rather dull, but it got better.

This is a wonderful game, full of flaws as are most games. The main one for me is the battle system--the camera pans away from you as you battle, causing you to slash away hopefully hitting something. And also the battle system leaves much desired. I hate that you die so often just as you are casting cure, or are opening the mini-menu to select a potion or use cure magic. Although they included a shortcut menu to help in this problem, it isn't put into use as much as they could've done. You only have three spells you can place on the shortcut menu, which really limits you. There also seems no strategy or tactics needed to battle?you just simple mash on the buttons or navigate the mini menu if you wish to cast spells or summons.

Trust me, in this game, you will die [i]often[/i]. It may sound like a child's game, but it isn't. It is actually rather challenging at times.

Unlike most, I find the Gummi Ship mini-game to be quite enjoyable. It adds a whole new dimension to the entire game, and actually makes you feel a sense that you are truly traveling from world to world. It also adds a creative flare, allowing you to build your own ships and customize and add as you feel needed. It makes you feel a sense of accomplishment as you finalize your Gummi Ship, and see and watch as it grows into a powerful machine.

The whole Disney appearances really add to this game, as do the Final Fantasy ones. It seems to add a sparkle and newfound coolness to the entire package of the game. Also the dialogue is wonderful. Never in a game have I seen such nicely done dialogue.

Also, as you play, the game yanks at you to go farther to see what new Disney characters will appear.

The summon system seems kind of weak in comparison to that of past Final Fantasies. Basically you summon a Disney creature, and it briefly appears and adds a new attack to Sora's menu. This leaves much to be desired in that sense. But the summons are quite interesting to watch as they are first summoned and appear.

All in all this is a wonderful game and besides the numerous flaws, it is able to capture the magic and wonder of Disney while keeping the interesting and creative flare of characters like Final Fantasy.

It is a must play for any fan of Disney or Final Fantasy, and is a good RPG for any casual gamer.

8.8/10[/color]

I love that game. Ahh.. and I am just 1 and a half worlds away from beating it. Anyways...

Well you see it is practiclly the first game of it's kind. You have so many different Disney charcters that help you in the game. And you travel to 10 varius worlds to close the keyholes with your keyblade. It also has varius FF charcters, such as Cloud, Selpie, Wakka, Tidus, Cid, Squall (known as Leon), Aries, Yuffie, and Sephiroth.

Goofy and Donald come along with you on your journey. You guys stay together to find King Micky and Kairi. You get varius keychains in deferent worlds. You als fight Disney villains, and have disney friends such as Goofy, Donald, Alladin, Ariel,Jack the skelton, and others. But I just don't want to tell you the villians.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nimrod [/i]
[B]"Sin Harvest" (I think).

[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]I'm pretty sure he's actually saying either "Sins of the Heartless Angel" or "Send for Heartless Angel". I find that a bit more fitting, since Safer Sephiroth had an attack called Heartless Angel and it did pretty much that same thing, except for taking away all the MP.

Sephiroth isn't that hard if you know what you're doing. A simple strategy for the earlier parts will get him down quickly, and when he "goes insane" later, just attacking and healing like mad works wonders.

*SPOILER*

I was dissapointed that nothing really happened after you beat him. I hope they didn't pay Lance Bass too much.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sora [/i]
[B]right on! this is rated number 1 of playstation games! it also got a nine out of ten rating from toonami! it was the camera that didn't make it perfect! but who cares about that?!! It's an awsome game!!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I would hardly trust Toonami as the ultimate source in video gaming. Their reviews are merely a promotional exercise put into place to lure their target audience. It's bells and whistles and nothing more.

Heh, oh, and I sure don't feel that it's the best PS2 game out there. Other than flaws in the camera, their were scripting and gameplay flaws. But, to each his own I guess. :drunk:

[color=red] Yes, it is obviously not so. I mean even giving it that, it isn't even the best game ever if you want to go farther. There are much better RPGs out there, and I think even FFX beats this one, although it might be close. So it is not the best RPG out there, it is a quite good game, but the flaws really brought it down for me, as well as the very vapid battle system. Because in RPGs the main thing you will be using is the battle system, and if it is particularly and conspicously boreful, it ruins most of the good experience usually found within a game.

But still, some how, I still like Kingdom Hearts a lot, although that seems like saying much, it really isn't, considering all of the better games there are out there.[/color]

Uhhh... I don't get why Cloud is in the game. I've looked at the game on a tv show and also on the internet and they don't mention Cloud anywhere!

Well anyways I kind of like the game but I would like it a lot better if they didn't have all the disney characters were in it. Oh well I might get the game anyways.

O.o The disney character's make the game go round. If you take them out then most of everything about it would be gone... It would end up as a completly different game... And cloud is in the game. If you check out the official site you'll see that he is in there.

Well here is an answer to why Cloud is in the game, and I am going to post it in white because it actually holds away the temptation for reading a spoiler. P.s: Some information from a very good pal called Crazy White Boy, he is now god...

SPOILER***SPOILER
[COLOR=white]Cloud is now in Kingdom Hearts as of this. Hades hires Cloud to eliminate Sora and the party at the colloseum tornament, in which Cloud plays a mercenary, neither bad nor good. So he is a neutral role in the game. So I should hope that this answers people's questions.[/COLOR]

Actually, Zidane, it appeared that way at first.

[B]Spoiler[/b]

After you defeat Cerebrus(sp?), Cloud admits that he had indeed succumbed to Hades' darkness and had used "dark powers" in an effort to "find someone."

That brings me to say that Kingdom Hearts' scripting is very...[I]sloppy[/I], often contradicting itself sometimes.

By the way Zidane, I loved how you used white text to hide your spoilers. That's a great method.

i don't know if this is the forum to put this, but kingdom hearts could be seen as a final fantasy...sort of... anyway my question is:
My three chars are about lvl 50 but only Goofy has the lucky strike abililty. how can i get Sora and Donald to learn it? im almost at the end of the game and its time to do lots o synthesising so everyone needs to have that ability. does anyone know how i can get my last to chars to learn it?

thanks

[color=indigo]While yes, Kingdom Hearts is made by Square, it really isn't a Final Fantasy game, so it should go in the PlayStation forum. *moves thread* - Desbreko[/color]

Just keep on completing the side-quests. I think you should get it either normally or handed to you by people.

*Spoiler*
(Using Zidane's clever technique)

[color=white]I've been contemplating about the secret ending and how it relates to the sequel if there is to be one later on.

It comes to my mind that the FMV depicting the characters in the darkness and rain seemes to be a very realistic world, almost like ours. To my understanding, it seems as if there is one world that hasn't been locked yet, or one very abundant with heartless that's blocked off from the happy and colorful worlds presented in the game.

Does anyone who be the game think that the next Kingdom Hearts will take place in the "real world?"[/color]

The rendering is the only thing that differs in pictures of the two(ffx and kingdomhearts). The graphics are about the same but the rendering is way off.

P.S. Mayby ffx is better. I don't know kh's storyline but ffx had a good one.

*Bows* Thankyou lads, thankyou very much ;) lol. I thought that the graphics look completely different to FFX, as FFX is somewhat 'blurry' in my type of taste into graphics. Oh well, not long now guys until I finally get my hands on it. I'm going to wake up at like half 6 and make my way waiting for the game to be in the shops. From what I've seen, it looks excellent, OK guys I have a question. ANSWER QUICKLY! Just joking. Hmm, do you control other characters to fight as, well actually have other people than Donald and Goofy fight alongside you?

::Sneaks in quietly:: I like the Graphics to the game ^^ the Camera thing got annoyin' though ::grumbles:: I'd need it to face on way and it'd look the other and the next thing I know I'm dead or falling down.

I've had other people fight with me beside Donald. My Donalds weak though because I don't use him a lot, only when I don't get a choice in the matter.

I've got a question!!! How do you beat Ansem? Every time I fight him that Shadow Thing latches onto me and kills me >< and I don't mean the first time I mean the second time around when your fighting him yourself and Donald and Goofy get knocked back by the force thingie magie (Its at the end ^^;; hows that?)

It should be the same way you beat him the first time. Just use the roll technique a lot and have Aero up so you can hit him with your barrier so you can stun him enough to get your combos in (Sonic's useful since it's low MP and does a lot of damage when done right). Cure a lot too and you should be on the safe side.

To your question Zidane, I usually have the extra character from each world fight alongside just to see how they fight. Then, after a cutscene or something, I switch back. Usually Goofy since Donald needs some work on his HP.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Silver_Mouri [/i]
[B]::

I've got a question!!! How do you beat Ansem? Every time I fight him that Shadow Thing latches onto me and kills me >< and I don't mean the first time I mean the second time around when your fighting him yourself and Donald and Goofy get knocked back by the force thingie magie (Its at the end ^^;; hows that?) [/B][/QUOTE]

The first time I faced him I used superglide when he shot up those shadows, but I advise you not to do that. After you beat the first one equip Dodge roll. Then when he shoots that use it. You just keep pressing square. When he does that thing like a ram and has that in front of him, either hit it with your sword, or block it. You'll get a lot of TP. That should daze him for a little, then attack him. After that just keep on doing it.That's how I won.

Well just to say guys, that..... I FINALLY HAVE KINGDOM HEARTS. I purchased this last Saturday thinking it was supposed to be out this Friday. So far I am very impressed. Some places are quite difficult but some are perhaps [I]too[/I] easy. Hmm, its a good game but some of the side quests like the 99 Dalmation Puppies just do not appeal to me. I am now inside Monstro, and fighting the Parasite Cage for the second time. But as most people have said, it can be disappointing and is no way my favourite game, but it deserves alot of credit. *Bows*