OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts

Guest Neo Bahamut

You mean the music CD? Mmm, I don't keep up with stuff like that...

EEE! I can't believe it--I beat it, I beat it, I...hey, wait a minute. Um, scratch that, I didn't beat it. :bluesweat Things are getting very very weird in my version. That's all I can say without spoiling anything.

I was half right about the 7 Princesses, and half wrong. I got the logical part right, but the emotional part wrong--if that makes sense. And the story has taken several twists all at once...pardon me whilst I wander away to put my poor dizzy head back on straight...:worried:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm working on getting the soundtrack off of some Newsgroups... I just recently downloaded that live SSBM concert from Japan. Some guy bootlegged it and put it on a newsgroup lol. I'll let you know once I get it, otherwise you can always IM me.

I just completed Wonderland, and while it was far easier than Deep Jungle... it's still hell lol. No matter how many levels I gain there is always something that can kill me in 3 hits.

I just suddenly remembered who Monstro was lol... What you were saying makes more sense now :).

that goddam song is so catchy... downladed two versions of it, but i can't find the one in the original commercial in america... i got the japanese one and the sped up one....--____-- i need the real one!!! "when you walk away, you don;t heer me say, PLEEEAAASE, OH BABY!don't go.."...lalalla...

I'm to the point where I'm going back and collecting all the stuff I missed the first time around, Trinites, Puppies, etc., before I go to the final world. My problem is that some of the stuff is in Agrahbah's Cave of Wonders, and for some freaky reason, I've got a giant white Weapon pounding my butt into the sand everytime I try to fly to the Cave! O_O;

OK, I'm gonna start it: the compare and contrast time (withholding all spoilers, naturally)

Storyline:
Disney: Uses the ones from the respective movies, slightly altered.
FF: Common "search for yourself" kind of theme going. Complete with the twists usually found in FF games that make them so darn "loveable".

Characters:
Disney: Nearly 100.
FF: About a dozen.

Special Items:
Disney: The whole scavanger hunt thing is heavily Disney. So's the idea of collecting the same thing again and again (think the Puppies, pages, Trinities, etc.). Trinites are obviously a Disney concept in this game (*has played a few Disney Interactives in her time* >_<).
FF: The Torn Pages and Summon Gems lean more toward the FF crew, what with the ability to build upon what you already have instead of just getting items added to your inventory.

Backgrounds/Character Schemes:
Both companies are extremely talented in this area.

SideQuests:
Disney: The Gummi Ship itself is completely Disney.
FF: The idea of collecting stuff in the respective sidequest level to improve the ship is more of a FF thing (think the Chocobo sidequest from FF7).

I finally just started this game over... lol. It's nowhere near as frustrating on Normal. The backtracking is no longer something I can compare to Hell, simply because I am no longer getting my face beat in every few minutes.

I'm done with the first 3 areas, and it took me about 1/3 of the time it took me in Expert to even finish 1 and 4/5's of the levels lol. Big difference, the game is now a lot more fun thankfully.

Is there any real purpose to collecting the Dalmations? I believe I've gotten all I could so far.

Glad to know there is still so much stuff in this game I have yet to see (I didn't even know there were summons). I must say that so far I am really disappointed in the level designs. Alice in Wonderland is my favorite animated movie ever, and they just totally failed to capture what made the movie so great. I don't know if you go back to Wonderland later for more story or not, but what I saw the first time through was really disappointing. The voices were also just so wrong... I know all the actors for Alice are probably long gone, but they could at least get people that sounded close. The White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts are just way off. I think putting the King of Hearts in the game could have added a little humor to the area as well, something it was sorely lacking.

I just hope that Nightmare Before Christmas uses all the originals. I was really happy when they first showed Oogie Boogie :excited:

Nope, sorry, I believe it's a PS2 game only. (Although I'll keep my ears open for the PC version.)

According to my research, they keep Jack Skellington's original voice. I never saw the movie, but Jack seems kinda sweet, really. In a dead skeleton kind of way. o_O Heh. And yes, there IS a purpose to getting all the Puppies, Trinities, pages, etc., but I can't tell you what. 'Cause that's a spoiler!

IMO, they butchered several of the Disney stories (but then, Disney butchered the original stories, so feh). I was so sore that they couldn't get ahold of Robin Williams for the Genie...Dan Castalenetta (sp?) is nice, but just not good enough. I'm working overtime to get to the part where you see Sephiroth--just so I can see how much I scream when I hear Lance Bass' voice come out of his mouth...:cussing:
Riku's, by far, is one of the best I've heard (next to Hades); I believe he is voiced by one of the guy actors from 7th Heaven, but I forgot which "son" it was.

One last thing--a LOT of Disney characters, it seems, got cut out of the game. And others were left in, but you never get to hear their voice. A money factor, I know, but [i]still[/i]...I wish they'd had given Cid a voice.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Nope, sorry, I believe it's a PS2 game only. (Although I'll keep my ears open for the PC version.)[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]In that case, I might as well keep my ears open for the pc version too. ^^
Too bad tifa and aeries isn't in it.... T_T[/color] [/size]

Well, Tifa's not...but Aeris is :) By far, my favorite voice would have to be Riku's...mature, but cold. I keep wondering how the Japanese cutscenes were like...

I can't believe Monstro ran away...now I can't do that white trinity move in there...well, next time around...or hope he comes back before I beat it.

Attention please!!! Attention please!!! Aries is in this version but under the name of Arieth. Oh and about the puppies, if you save all of them you will be able to unlock a special feature. But to unlock you need to accomplish the following things i'm about to list.

Find all 99 puppies

Win the Hades cup in the coliseum

and seal the Keyholes to all of the worlds including the 100 acre woods adn the Coliseum.

Comepleting those things will give you an extra feature. So start doing all of those things so you can get the extra goodies.

And i repeat Aries is back but under the name of Aerith, she has on the exact same clothes she had on in FF7 except the little red jacket.

Soemthing about Hades felt off to me. I know it was the same voice actor (James Woods I think), but it was like he wasn't trying as hard as he did in the film at all.

I liked Aerith's voice, and I felt that Yuffie's fit her character well... I really haven't seen many other characters, but a lot of the villians were done really well (they are mostly the original actors, I know Hook is the 2nd voice actor they used for him... but still the official). I still can't get past what happened to Wonderland lol.

And Jack is a sweet guy... I mean, he is just trying to share the joy he found in Christmas Town with all the inhabitants of Halloween Town. You should really see the movie.

And one last thing... Why don't you actually get to meet the Mad Hatter and March Hare in Wonderland? A stupid painting on the wall didn't cut it for me.

P.S. -- I wouldn't expect a PC version of this game anytime soon, if ever. The PC versions of FF7 and FF8 were really afterthoughts and plagued with problems. I doubt we'll see anything outside of FFXI for a while on PC.

Agh I've found out the release date for Kingdom Hearts, UK version.... November the 22nd! :D
I am very happy to hear this as I will have £14 tomorrow out of the game being £40, so I will have enough money by the time the game is released. No doubt I'll reserved this game, I just cant wait, I've seen the demo and I cant wait to get this game, PHEW *Wipes forehead*, I just hope the date doesn't get delayed.

I'd keep my fingers crossed Zidane, i found out that Capcom delayed the release date of Devil May Cry 2 from being released in December to January 18!!! I was so shocked and disappointed, but oh well i'll probably get Robotic Alchemic Drive and Robotech Battlecry. I'll just use my christmas money and buy DMC2 when it comes out.

Teh, now my younger brother is trying the "expert" mode for his first time around. He just won't listen to me--thinks he can survive easily.
I'm gonna be laughing at him when he comes complaining to me about "it's too hard". I told him I would, too.

Now if I could just beat that dagum Weapon! >_<

Expert mode is not too hard...just keep your health bar to the max at all times.

I was at my friends house and realized that Gummi Ship building is heka fun. We had tons of money to spend so we constructed one from scratch...an accelerator, 4 lasers, 4 cannons, and 8 Firaga thrusters made up the bulk of the ship and we added some aeros and armor for a killer design. :)

That's easier said than done when every enemy takes 2 to 3 hits to kill you, and you are basically only allowed 3 items to use (which sometimes you are in the middle of using when you are killed). Donald and Goofy waste items the first chance they get. Bosses seem to take at least twice as long to kill as well. I don't know that it's [i]that[/i] hard but it gets incredibly frustrating early on. It also doesn't help that it's just damn weird to have to gain levels in an adventure game.

I'm not that far as I gave my brother the game... At least there is a fun aspect to the whole Gummi thing lol.

Well, you can customize your non-playable characters to use items as sparingly or often as you wish.

Also, as you level up, you gain the ability to carry more items while in combat.

Moving on, I still feel disappointed with what I've seen of the summon spells. Sure, I only have Simba, but while the graphical effects are awesome, the summoned character doesn't do too much to warrant the magic points it costs to use him.

hey what exactly are all the summons, i have 3, SPOILER i guess

i have
Simba
Bambi
Genie
and i know about Dumbo, so who else?
and i think the summons are ok, they're no where near FF power but thats not really the point, and *gasp* could Bahamut be in the game? Prolly not, oh well i'll keep my fingers crossed

I've got 5 out of the 6 i got the stone to summon mushu but i haven't released him yet. Oh SuruBlu i hate to say it but Bahamut isn't in Kingdom Hearts. Oh and there are two really powerful Secret Bosses you can fight. One is in Agrabah and the other is in Neverland. Both are very powerful and you encounter them once you leave Hollow Bastion the first time. So be very careful when you are in neverland, do not go to the clock tower. I sugguest you reach levels 60-80. If any of you have the players guide you know what i'm talking about.

[color=crimson]Does anyone know how I can get to those treasure chests inside the giant pumpkin statue in Guillotine Plaza, Halloween Town? I'm been gliding and High Jumping my tail off, with no effect.

EDIT
N/M, I figured it out finally. So, now I have all the puppies. Whee. Although I got some VERY nice stuff for doing so. ^_^

I uh...also found Sephiroth. O_o;
I uh...got my tooshie handed to me on a silver platter almost [b]instantly[/b]. :nervous: :faint:
Methinks I have a LOT more training to do...[/color]

*spoiler, I guess*

lol...after a long break, I'm finally in Hollow Baston, which doesn't look like any other part of the game...but now I'm kinda confused about one thing.

There are these weird things that have mushroom shaped heads that don't attack you if you don't attack them or the run...they feel a lot like Tonberrys or Cactuars...they special in some way?

*end spoil*