Manic Webb Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 I'm sure many of you have noticed that Fox is pretty much abandoning the series Futurama (from the creator of The Simpsons). While Fox has the right to show or remove this series at their whimsy, creator Matt Groening has sold the cable television rights of Futurama to (you guessed it) Cartoon Network's Sunday night Adult Swim block. While they won't be showing any new episodes anytime soon, Adult Swim will feature all of the reruns that Fox has neglected to show over the summer, as well as the first seasons.
Mist Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1] Yay! I was so mad when they took Futrama off the air. Do you have a specific time?[/color][/size]
Semjaza Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 Man, I really wish I got CN up in my room. I never get to watch it anymore... I've only seen Adult Swim [i]once[/i] :(.
Mitch Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i] [B]Man, I really wish I got CN up in my room. I never get to watch it anymore... I've only seen Adult Swim [i]once[/i] :(. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=red]Only [i][b]once[/b][/i]? Woh. That's once to little... I don't think I could live without TV in my room, I would die or something...[/color] :cross:
Mist Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnimeLover [/i] [B][color=red] I don't think I could live without TV in my room, I would die or something...[/color] :cross: [/B][/QUOTE] [color=crimson][size=1] I have lived without a T.V. in my room for thirteen years, and without a T.V. [b]period[/b] for three; Trust me, you'd live. You'd just be very smart.[/color][/size]
Mitch Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mist [/i] [B][color=crimson][size=1] I have lived without a T.V. in my room for thirteen years, and without a T.V. [b]period[/b] for three; Trust me, you'd live. You'd just be very smart.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=red]But I'm already pretty smart...so why not waste them thar brainycells?[/color]
Angelus_Necare Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 I don't think I could stand a T.V in my room, too much distraction from my work... I love futurama and I damn Fox for cutting it. *Damns Fox*
Juu Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]I have a pretty big tv in my room... It's really good to watch dvd's on... but... T_T it doesn't have cartoon network.... Soooo... I have to spend 5.35 every week to rent anything I [i]would[/i] see on cartoon network... T_T[/color] [/size]
Semjaza Posted September 18, 2002 Posted September 18, 2002 I have a TV in my room, it's just that our satellite doesn't have a cable fed to the upstairs. So I'm stuck with the 2 or 3 channels that will actually come in. At least I can watch my movies and play games :). I actually got a new TV recently, a 36" Sony Wega. I haven't been able to find someone to help me lug it up my really steep stairs yet... The thing weights like 245 pounds :(. It's gonna take me like years to pay for it though, I can just feel it hehe.
Darkness Posted September 23, 2002 Posted September 23, 2002 I love most of the stuff that is shown on Adult Swim. The humor is more grown up, so it's fun to watch. Whoever hasn't seen it is missing out.
Omar Harris Posted September 23, 2002 Posted September 23, 2002 I love the Oblongs and Mission Hill. Futurama gives me even more reason to watch the Sunday Adult Swim. I've only recently gotten into Adult Swim, so this is something cool to keep me coming back for more.
Foredaddy Posted September 23, 2002 Posted September 23, 2002 All I know is that I need to get me one of those suicide machines in the first ep of futurama. Id be like "Hey bro! Wanna make a phone call. Its only 25 cents!" :devil:
NorykoAngelcry Posted September 23, 2002 Posted September 23, 2002 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ahhh Futurama - the show I never got to watch because I always worked on Sundays. Finally started watching the show again, since my job I have now closes decently early in the evening. But NO, now they have to go off and cancel the show >_< I definitely rate Futurama in the top five animated shows I watch (including anime shows and stuff). I will miss new episodes, but am glad that I will still be able to see them on Comedy Central ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]
~*!Rei Hino!*~ Posted September 24, 2002 Posted September 24, 2002 I have a T.V. in my room, but I spend most my time on the comp. Anyway thats cool. I love Futurama. Fox pisses me off.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now