Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=blue]I play the trombone and the baritone horn. I prefer the trombone though. It's easier and more fun to play. I'm so good at it, I got to play a solo at a concert last year.[/color]
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[color=indigo]I've been playing the trumpet since I was 4...which, now that I think about it is longer then most of you guys have been alive, a little over 18 years. Although I don't play that much anymore, occasionally I'll go play at the "free jam" session at the local jazz club, Leon's. I also play the guitar, an instrument that I have become insanly frustrated playing, because I always think I am getting better and then I realize how little I know. One day I am going to pull a Pete Townsend and smash my guitar to bits...hopefully I'll have enough money to buy a new one.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B][color=blue]I play the trombone and the baritone.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]


:D [color=blue][size=1]Yes! Another fellow Baritone player! I play the baritone in my school's marching band, and I don't stink at it either.[/color][/size]:smirk:
Posted
[b]I used to play the recorder, but if you count singing as an instrument, I sing quite a bit :D.

I'm trying to learn how to play the piano, although it's quite hard at times.[/b]
Posted
Play an instrument? Yes I do.

Why? Because its extremely enjoyable.

Share it? Erm...only with the one I love. ;)


I can't believe no one's taken this bait, you guys must have very clean minds...:D
Posted
[color=teal][size=1][b]Let's see... I can [i]play[/i] the clarinet, trumpet, saxophone, flute, oboe, tin whistle, and recorder...

But if you mean can I play any instruments [i]well,[/i] then I only have the clarinet... Ah, sweet Claire...

Yes, I've named my instrument. I am a sick band dork.

And yeah, by the way, is it band [i]geek[/i] or band [i]dork[/i]? I say the latter, but almost everyone is disagreeing with me... Those sad, ignorant children...

Oy I'm weird...


--Mike[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
I used to play the clairanet(sp)... but quit last year because I didn't want to take band anymore and my instrument was rented so I had to give it back.

I wanted to play the clairanet because I originally wanted to go to alto saxaphone from there but wasn't there for the try-outs so didn't make it.

I learned the piano a while ago... quit that too mainly because I hated the teacher that I had... She was very cruel and insulting.....

I played the piano mainly because my mom wanted me to and signed me up before I could really give her my opinion. I liked playing but like I said my teacher was mean... And we couldn't find another teacher AND I was going to Jr. high that year and decided to get that outta my way. This all happend about three years ago. I still play the piano... what I can remember that is...
Posted
To any of those who participate in a marching band. Have any of you gone to Florida and Played at Disney??? I was just wondering cause the band i play in went last year and i saw a lot of bands but i didn't know where they came from. Oh and by the way i'm from the Topeka High Marching band.
Posted
yeah, low brass... sweet..

yeah, my brtoher got to do to disney world and play last year, i didn't get to go..he gos to new orleans tis year....grumble...
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]I mainly play the Guitar...Classical, and Acoustic/Electric styles. I also play the Piano for fun, but no one ever watches me play that.

Right now I'm looking for a teacher so I can keep my skills in check since my last one didn't show up one day...:rolleyes:[/COLOR]
Posted
yeah trombone....oh yeah..

heaven's cloud, that is awesome..anyone else here jam? that's my life, i swear....


jamming is off the hook. it's so free....it's like, wow, here i am jamming!!! bom-digi!!!! like that bob marley song"we jammin....bobchuwawawa...we jammin... bobchuwa hey!i wanna jam it wit you.."

anyway, jam is the bom-digi..... much better than the crap we play in band, not that i have anything against band...
Posted
Dude, people play at Disney all the time. They have people scheduled like, a year in advance, and they have 3-10 parades a day for all I know, all from different bands for weeks. We went in 2001 and we're going again this upcoming Februrary.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char! [/i]
[B][color=teal][size=1][i]Mike's post[/i][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Whee, clarinets rock! I was first chair in Band my freshmen year...of course, there were only about twelve people in band, heh.

Recorders are evil, Handbells are okay, and I can't make a sound on a flute or a brass instrument to save my life. I've never attempted oboe or bassoon, although they are very cool.

Eb Clarinet is great, it's so small! And Eb Alto is fun, too. Never played Bass Clarinet, my friends won't let up her claim to it.

I'm not in Band this year...sad to say, but most of the peole involved in music at mny school are a bunch of stuck up jerks who discourage others from joining. Too bad, really.

Band dork or geek? Ermmmmm... Why don't you check with Nerdsy on that one?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]Band dork or geek? Ermmmmm... Why don't you check with Nerdsy on that one? [/B][/QUOTE]

[b][color=teal][size=1]Well, if you won't vote, d'you mind if I put you on the "dork" side?

...cause it IS dork...

...and not geek... That's so dumb... yeah... :sleep:


--Mike[/b][/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sylph [/i]
[B]If so, please share which instrument, and why you play it. [/B][/QUOTE]


Wow, we have had this sometime ago i think. Oh well.

I play Guitar. It's fun, but some songs are annoyign when you have no idea what the guitarist did in a certain part of a song.



And the term is actually band nerd/geek, and Orch Dork. Nobody uses geek for band though. it all depends on where you live.
Posted
*sighs*
Mike... It's Geek!
Let me share the argument David Lane made outside of school the other day.

"It's not Band Dork. When you say Band Dork really fast it sounds like another word. Who wants to go around saying 'Your a Vandork.' ?"

I play the Alto and Baritone Saxophone. I'd like to take trumpet lessons but sadly don't have the cash for a trumpet.
Posted
I play a drumset ok. I have a Pearl 5 piece. I also have a guitar, and I know a few riffs but not much. The only song I can play on guitar the whole way through is Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Posted
[FONT=arial]well, for marching band, I play the quints in the drumline (w00t!). awesome, those quints are. as for other band instruments, I can play trumpet and a little bit of flute and baritone. but my main instrument is piano. been playing for about...maybe 8 years. been getting a little slack lately though. but let me teeeeeell you! one of the best modern piano composers EVER is Jon Schmidt! y'all have seriously gotta check out his music. :mrt:[/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...