Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I read on this website I found
( [url]http://www.utdallas.edu/~shaunl/Family.htm[/url])
that Goku has two brothers,1# Raditz
2# Turles, Since I haven?t seen everything
that has to do with DBZ like so many here,
I figured someone here would know,
I question this only because every chance
I got over the last 10 months (since become interested in DBZ)
I have searched online (as well as buying movies)
to learn everything I can on the subject, &
I have never heard of this...
Thanks,
Posted
If I remember correctly, Turles is a lower class Saiya-Jin who looks like Son Gokou, I believe all lower class Saiya-Jin's look like Son Gokou, why, I cannot remember, lol
Posted
[b]Turles is in a movie or part of the series previous to movie 14 (OVA), in which he is 'reincarnated' to help fight Goku, Gohan etc. I don't think he's Goku's brother though, as Sephy said, the lower-class Saiyans look similar..[/b]
Posted
alright, im no expert but,

turles was in tree of might, thats the only place.

he just looked like gokou, thats all. no relation.
Posted
Goku is NOT realted to Turles. AS was stated in the movie, and in these forums b4, All lowerclass sayians look similar and that is why they look almost identical, except for the skin shade. Raditz of course is his brother.
Posted
There's no way Turles could have been Goku's brother. And here's my explanation why:-

Goku's Father was Bardock, and he had Raditz before Goku, making Raditz his forst born, the second born of all Saiyan's, looks almost identical to the Father. Raditz didn't because he was te first born. Also, any Saiyans born after the 2nd, are like the first, in that they don't look ilke their father. Female Saiyans look like their mother as opposed to their father.

I can't remember where I found this, but it's apparently true. And since no-one has ever told me it isn't true before, I think that it is, any complains or corrections will be accepted, as I would like to know if it is true or not.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kneeko Artilles [/i]
[B]There's no way Turles could have been Goku's brother. And here's my explanation why:-

Goku's Father was Bardock, and he had Raditz before Goku, making Raditz his forst born, the second born of all Saiyan's, looks almost identical to the Father. Raditz didn't because he was te first born. Also, any Saiyans born after the 2nd, are like the first, in that they don't look ilke their father. Female Saiyans look like their mother as opposed to their father.

I can't remember where I found this, but it's apparently true. And since no-one has ever told me it isn't true before, I think that it is, any complains or corrections will be accepted, as I would like to know if it is true or not. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sounds like a whole bunch of theory, to me. Then again, who am I to bash on a theory?
Posted
[size=1]

Yes, I have heard this exact same thing. Whenever I was just starting to like Dragonball Z (quite awhile back) I read that Turles was one of Son Gokou's two brothers. I forgot about reading this until I opened this thread. I have learned that he is not related to Son Gokou in any way. They look quite similar in appearance though.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kneeko Artilles [/i]
[B]There's no way Turles could have been Goku's brother. And here's my explanation why:-

Goku's Father was Bardock, and he had Raditz before Goku, making Raditz his forst born, the second born of all Saiyan's, looks almost identical to the Father. Raditz didn't because he was te first born. Also, any Saiyans born after the 2nd, are like the first, in that they don't look ilke their father. Female Saiyans look like their mother as opposed to their father.

I can't remember where I found this, but it's apparently true. And since no-one has ever told me it isn't true before, I think that it is, any complains or corrections will be accepted, as I would like to know if it is true or not. [/B][/QUOTE]


Sound alright to Me, Your theory makes sence...

....ask one question and get more then enough
for answer, That's why I asked you guys,
Thanks a bunch, again.
Posted
No, Taurus (Taruresu).... or Turles as Americans call him, is not the brother of Gokou. No where does it say he was. In fact, if you read the daizenshuu's it'll give you family trees and all informatin about the characters in the series... of course, the daizenshuu's aren't published in English so... yeah.
Posted
well there lso could be the fact that it was a rumer. kind of like when there was that pic of goku ssj5. but im not a db genious either so i wouldent know.
Posted
Eh I can't say any more about Turles not being related to Goku, they just look alike. Turles IS in the '14th' movie, the OVA thing, along w/ Frieza (or was it Cooler? ), Lord Slug, and some other bozo I don't remember. It was an odd movie where the saiya-jins fought a bunch of....weirdo monsters that were incredibly weak for the bulk of the movie. That 2nd son thing could work out, since it would fit w/ daughters too....sort of. Bra's Vegeta's 2nd child and she looks just like Bulma ::scratches head::. Ah nevermind.
Posted
Turles was not related to Goku I think. I'm not sure but I think I remember hearing it in one of the movies.

Raditz was introduced I think in late Dragonball or Early DBZ. Probaly early DBZ. It took Piccilo and Goku to kill him.

Why do people keep posting in this thread any ways. Wasn't the answer reached a while ago?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kneeko Artilles [/i]
[B]There's no way Turles could have been Goku's brother. And here's my explanation why:-

Goku's Father was Bardock, and he had Raditz before Goku, making Raditz his forst born, the second born of all Saiyan's, looks almost identical to the Father. Raditz didn't because he was te first born. Also, any Saiyans born after the 2nd, are like the first, in that they don't look ilke their father. Female Saiyans look like their mother as opposed to their father.

I can't remember where I found this, but it's apparently true. And since no-one has ever told me it isn't true before, I think that it is, any complains or corrections will be accepted, as I would like to know if it is true or not. [/B][/QUOTE]


Just thinking, going on your thought here wouldn't it make
Vegeta, King Vegeta's second child, since Vegeta's father
looks exactlly the same as Vegeta. but, without the go-tee!!
just wondering,
Posted
Turles was just the same mold as goku. By Saiya-jin standards, he was a higher class than him. He just happened to be the same mold as him. Thats all. Baisically a clone.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]If I remember correctly, Turles is a lower class Saiya-Jin who looks like Son Gokou, I believe all lower class Saiya-Jin's look like Son Gokou, why, I cannot remember, lol [/B][/QUOTE]

Correct....he is in the 1st DBZ movie the tree of might....he get betten by goku in a last ditcxh effort of a sprit bomb. anyway he is just another lower class sayjin like goku...however they are not related. So in other words...that site sucks!
Posted
[color=red]Actually, I though Tree of Might was the third movie? And it really wouldn't matter if he was Goku's brother, since the movies are out of continuity.

--J.C.[/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...