Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Japan

Members
  • Posts

    1679
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    11

Everything posted by Japan

  1. When I read your post, it really made me sad. It is sad that parents do not appreciate their kids when they are trying their hardest. I know how it feels to be looked down upon. When I was little, other parents, adults, etc kept telling my mother that she should not bother with me. She should just put me in a group home and forget about me. "Your daughter has cerebral palsy. She will forever be a stupid girl and never amount to anything so do not waste your time." That is what they kept telling my parents. Now here I am, in community college and I almost have my associates degree. I'm well on my way to my theatre arts bachleor's and masters. My one piece of advice. Every time they look down on you, make fun of you, anger you, annoy you because you are on a waiting list and going to UGA. Keep this mindset. Prove them wrong. They do not know you as well as you do. Be stubborn, work hard, and kick butt! You are worth more than that and do not let others tell you otherwise. I am glad that you are finally at peace with a few things. You are well on your way to the rest of your life. Good luck! Make us proud!
  2. I think that using AIM is how I got close to so many here. I was bored one day and added all the staff and anyone who happened to be 'online' at the time to my buddy list. Some of those I'm still very close with... I've been a member since 2001 however this place shut down for about a month due to a new version change. I eventually forgot about the place. I came back in 2003 when I accidently stumbled back in here. Been here off and on ever since.
  3. I see what you mean. I am still very close to Queen Asuka (Tori) to this day. There are others I haven't really bugged in a while due to a hectic life however, talking to Digitalboy and Azurewolf on occasion just makes my day go a little bit better. In fact, I feel that Otakuboards and her two sister sites are one big family. I don't know what I'd do without Adam's day to day antics.
  4. [IMG]http://www.fivefourteen.net/motivational-posters/sticky%20this%20thread.jpg[/IMG]
  5. [quote name='Aceburner'] And this one's obligatory. enjoy your last moments with most of your brain cells. [YOUTUBE="Charlie the Unicorn"]Q5im0Ssyyus[/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE] Too bad Charlie isn't here to bask in this video's glory.
  6. [IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/DamnThoseWiffyDogs/R0cCipaNQpI/AAAAAAAAAc8/rHxX2SSqh00/FailureMotivational.jpg?imgmax=512[/IMG] EPIC FAIL!!
  7. [quote name='Chibiotomegamer']I went and I had a blast! plus I had also gone to the o-meet up and met someguy and ichigo, plus I took part in the podcast, I'm the person who said "lolita esq" "and they had lot of make-up on".[/QUOTE] Are you Miss A?
  8. [YOUTUBE="BEST KEFKA COSPLAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"]2TRGt6QpMv8[/YOUTUBE]
  9. Aww, we need a Sakura con thread. I am going this year! I'm excited. Anyways, having never been there myself, what things are a must see? All I know so far is that I want to go to the dance Friday night and the ikki tousen/shonen-ai panels. Oh and the concerts too.
  10. [quote name='Aceburner']If we're doing stand-up stuff now, here's a classic (some language) [YOUTUBE="Jeff Dunham and Achmed the Dead Terrorist"]ouDRDzqTu0M[/YOUTUBE] (And he's making fun of Terrorists, not Muslims. It's not racist.)[/QUOTE] I KEEEEEEEL YOU!!! That never gets old. Here are the rejected commercials. My anis is bleeding....YAAAAAAAAY, ahem, yeah. [YOUTUBE="Rejected Commercials"]rquKFYAuCSs[/YOUTUBE] Here is a local favorite from Spokane, WA. These two used to go to Gonzaga University. Graduated now though. [YOUTUBE="The Good Word"]wN4NzjI0Dyc[/YOUTUBE]
  11. Seeing as how the inmates have done every other pop culture dance, they are sure to be doing it soon.
  12. [YOUTUBE="Prisoners doing the Algorithm dance"]WjMd2Vabcv8[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE="Algorithm March....WITH NINJAS"]qDSGmx8c2AM[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE="A Non serious documentry on how to eat sushi"]0b75cl4-qRE[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE="Human Tetris"]Ll2kajMH2u0[/YOUTUBE] If you do not check the others, AT LEAST check out human tetris. I love Japanese television.
  13. Those that love Deathnote: (Warning: Second Opening Theme. Contains language) [youtube= Lucky Star meets Deathnote]wm3jzR1Yw-U[/youtube] That boot to the head was awesome
  14. [youtube=Gutsman's...yeah]ntkrvOkrqMY[/youtube] Everyone loves Gutsman from Megaman
  15. [SIZE="1"]I am very concerned about this election. As far as I'm concerned, Obama doesn't even care about our country. I have several friends in the Army and even those that were stationed in Iraq. They all agree on one thing. Pulling out of middle east would be disasterous. When I was listening to the radio I heard a very funny thing. A black man was called racist when he called Obama by his full name. Anyways...I am not very happy with the democrats at all. Not saying that Bush is awesome or anything. However, Washington state elected Christine Gregoire. She promised better higher education. She has been in office for what, two years. She has not done a thing and in fact, education has declined. Democrats talk to get elected and Republicans are too silent or too afraid. I do not like any of the candidates period.[/SIZE]
  16. [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26556&stc=1&d=1204328012[/IMG] [SIZE="1"]I am wearing the horse pelvis mask. My friend Travis is holding a mace. Yes a real mace. Prop manager and his prop assistant playing with the props from Oedipus The King. I made that horse pelvis into as mask and added stuff give it dreads.[/SIZE]
  17. [SIZE="1"]This is why I avoided relationships like the plague in high school. Heck, I am keeping away from unnecessary relationships right now. I know that it is difficult but you might be a happier person not having to deal with crap like that over and over. What you need to concentrate on is passing high school with good grades so that you can get into a good school, etc. Once you get your life together and be near you want to be then it is time to worry about that. I good friend once told me. A relationship can make or break you. It can be really good for you, however if it really is bad, it can greatly hurt you. That girl is obviously not worth your time and is playing you like she has you wrapped around her finger. So leave her and ignore her. Ok?[/SIZE]
  18. [SIZE="1"]I have this sprint cell phone that is like six years old. My cat chewed the one charger that worked and now the phone is barely holding a charge. So now is the time to get a new phone. Which is why I need your help. I was thinking of getting a razor but a co worker said that those are really fragile. I am a clumsy girl so perhaps that is not the right one to get. She suggested I get the katana model. What do you guys think? I want it to be purplish-pink, camera phone and very durable. Any other good models out there besides katana? Like those texting keyboard phones...or are the keyboards very small and hard to see.[/SIZE]
  19. [SIZE="1"]Everyone loves to snack. But the big question here is do you prefer sweet or do you prefer salty. If you prefer, name some of your favorite kinds and why. If you can choose, then say so! I prefer cookies personally. Chocolate chip and ginger snaps are my absolute favorite. I'm afraid that if they were around too often, I just might lose my girly figure. The only annoying thing is when I am stuck baking them. Standing in a kitchen with no bar to sit at all day bores the heck out of me. Let the debate begin![/SIZE]
  20. [SIZE="1"]There are several things I wish to forget. When I begin thinking about what I want to forget, I start thinking the opposite. It may be a great thought to forget about for example, a car accident, but you then instead think of it this way. I can now understand what other people had to go through when they got into accidents. Not only that, I am a better person and know to be more careful next time. Any mistake you make in life can turn into a learning experience. [/SIZE]
  21. [SIZE="1"]Attempt number two: If you like mecha then you should check out Gundam Wing. If you do not mind fan service because I know some do, check out: Ikki Tousen Tenjo Tenge Here comes the main list: Gantz Gungrave Fist of the North Star S-CRY-ed Hellsing Berserk Those have a lot of action and gore as well. I enjoyed a lot of those myself. Anyways, if you want more info, just ask or PM me.[/SIZE]
  22. [SIZE="1"]I actually find this anime pretty good. A lesbian friend of mine recommended it to me and from what I heard. This anime actually has a plot, unlike other yuri which gets straight to the point of nothing but sex. So, I do recommend this anime. You ought to know if it is good because if I find an anime bad or annoying, I stop after the first episode. At least give it a chance before you hop onto the Dagger bandwagon. [/SIZE]
  23. [quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]... I may not be saying anything morbid on Valentines Day, but for the days coming up to it, I'll be a bastard.[/size][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]Here, here! Did I not say I was going to sell roses for boyfriends to give their girlfriends? (Dirt cheap, mind you.) -checks again- Yep! I am making all the loveirds more happy buy selling anime roses for cheap. I put a smile on all of my friends faces without even trying so I will try to cheer everyone up who are sad. [/SIZE]
  24. [SIZE="1"]Let's see. I will go to class, sell roses for Anime Club at my college, then go to work. After that I will study listening to my Zune. Yay Single Awareness Day! I do not care for such lame holidays. Christmas is where it is at![/SIZE]
  25. [SIZE="1"]I am overjoyed to have class today. I am especially happy that my bus looks like it would be working like normal. I was wondering how you were doing on your end, Panda. They never plow the side streets in Spokane. Which I find really silly and retarded. If the roads are so bad and they can't afford to fix them, why keep snow and ice on them to add more potholes come spring time? It was kind of funny yesterday though. Just in my small neighborhood of twelve neighbors or more, I watched every one get stuck. Mailman, Fedex, a friend of a neighbor got stuck four times on one street, and one minivan got stuck when the girl drove out of the driveway. [/SIZE]
×
×
  • Create New...